XTransfer Module 1- Genesis 3 to Genesis 8 Morph Converter (Commercial)

Comments

• CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760
    Zev0 said:
    Kharma said:

Awesome ...  its getting closer!!!

Question ... once you have transfered morphs over to G8 from G3 can you delete the G3 figure, and any other morphs you have transfered up from V4 through to G8 using GenX and now Xtransfer?  I am sure if I transfer all my older character morphs etc to G8 I will run out of disk space

Yes, once converted to G8, it no longer requires anythig from Genesis 3, So you can remove what you want.

??? Just to clarify... you're not saying that it duplicates the textures into a new file too, are you?   If you are, that new 8 TB drive I just got isn't going to be big enough...

• Zev0Zev0 Posts: 7,045
    edited September 2019

I am talking about morphs. We do not transfer any textures.

Post edited by Zev0 on
  • Looks like I already bought it, just that my debit card doesn't know it yet! smiley Thanks for the teaser pic!

• RKane_1RKane_1 Posts: 3,037

Is there any capability to move morphsw from G8M to G8F and visa versa?

Not in the base offering.

•  

Zev0 said:

Not in the base offering.

So this will have many variations with different generations other than Gns3, as well as the male figure to be added via different packs?

Imagine Gns1+2 support for Gns8!

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900

+1 to Genesis1 and 2 support!

I would love to have the ability to bring all my old morphs to newer figures.

I think it will be G3 to G8 ONLY for now but if we buy enough of this, He may expand into older generations. :)

Can't wait for this. :)

• ImagoImago Posts: 4,900
    RKane_1 said:

I think it will be G3 to G8 ONLY for now but if we buy enough of this, He may expand into older generations. :)

Yes, of course the first release will be 3 to 8, I just hope to see a nice plugin to add the ability to transfer older Genesis too. smiley
    And Generation 4 too! cheeky

Those images are really promising to me, looks like a sort of easy to use  "One click, all done" thing.

• inquireinquire Posts: 2,097
    Imago said:
    RKane_1 said:

Yes, of course the first release will be 3 to 8, I just hope to see a nice plugin to add the ability to transfer older Genesis too. smiley
    And Generation 4 too! cheeky

Those images are really promising to me, looks like a sort of easy to use  "One click, all done" thing.

+1 I'm hoping for the same thing: be able to import morphs all the way back to Genesis and Generation 4 too (M4, V4, the Freak 4).

I don't see the logic of overstepping what GenX can already do, this is why prior generations wasn't a focus, or am I missing something here? When this was being developed the aim was to carry on where GenX left off, not replace it.

Well, sometimes GenX didn't really bring in the morph just the way I (and others) wanted it. This would give us a fresh chance to try it.

Can you be more specific?

Well, for example, some of the morph transfers from M4 to Genesis did not seem, at least to me, to be as precise as I would have liked them to be. Sure, this is an opinion, but still, I'd like a chance to try to do them over going directly form M4 to Genesis 8. The same thing happened with some of the morphs from David 3 (Generation 3). Well, even if a future version of XTransfer only went back to Generation 4, and not to Generation 3, I could still try moving some of the David 3--Genesis morphs up to Generation 8, and then further morphing them.

Zev0?

I will be overjoyed with this product and if it does MORE than advertised or if you choose to create more for updating other figures, that would be great but this.... this! THIS is amazing.

Thank you SO MUCH! :)

RKane_1

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2019

Zev0 said:

I don't see the logic of overstepping what GenX can already do, this is why prior generations wasn't a focus, or am I missing something here? When this was being developed the aim was to carry on where GenX left off, not replace it.

Fair enough, it was just speculation on my part, I am 100% fine with this being the next logical continuation of Gen X, I'm just estatic to see this product coming to market! Gen X was/is an outstanding product as it also ported over JCMs spectacularly!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • xyer0xyer0 Posts: 5,686

inquire is not alone in his opinion of GenX's lack of exactitude/precision. And, eventually, a DS update may break GenX. It would be nice if you could replace it, if feasible.

edited September 2019

Well, let's let the man get this one out first and then see what kind of sales come from it. :)

He can always ask Sickleyield and Riversoft about their sales from their convertors for older figures.

We'll see. But, let's give the man a little breathing room and let him work this one out. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,926
    edited September 2019

JCM transfering is huge which made GenX/2 such a unique product even to this day, and seeing that X-Transfer can do the same I'd say it's a done deal, at least for me it is.

We can still use GenX/2 to transfer older characters over to Gns3 and simply transfer those same morphs over to Gns8. I only brought the older generations up as speculation for the extra convienience, but am quite fine with it as is being a continuation of a very unique plugin that has yet been fully duplicated as even RSSY doesn't transfer JCMs even though they do transfer the characters from different generations...

EDITED: Made a mistake and posted the wrong info about RSSY's product as they do indeed transfer JCMs!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • cathan01_wwg1wgacathan01_wwg1wga Posts: 353
    edited September 2019
    I'm looking forward to this project picking up where GenX left off, especially if its able to easily transfer to Gen8 toon and anime morphs such as Star 2 and the older generation Aikos and Hiros I've already moved to Gen3 via GenX.
    Post edited by cathan01_wwg1wga on
  • JOdelJOdel Posts: 6,253

Yeah, I've got a whole collection of heavily morphed G1 characters which I built from GenX ports. I would really like to move them up to more current tech. I'm willing to sacrifice the textures, if I can't get Cayman Studios's geografts to work, but I would like to keep my characters recognizable. Or recognizable and then 'Toonify them. They're already stylized, but not actually 'Toons.

edited September 2019

Nearly bursting at the seams with anticipatory delight, money in hand. :)

Post edited by RKane_1 on
  • nicsttnicstt Posts: 11,714
    edited September 2019
    JOdel said:

Yeah, I've got a whole collection of heavily morphed G1 characters which I built from GenX ports. I would really like to move them up to more current tech. I'm willing to sacrifice the textures, if I can't get Cayman Studios's geografts to work, but I would like to keep my characters recognizable. Or recognizable and then 'Toonify them. They're already stylized, but not actually 'Toons.

As an alternative, if Caymen's product doesn't work, I use the product from Renderosity. It is more work, although not time-consuming.

RKane_1 said:

Nearly bursting at the seams with anticipatroy delight, money in hand. :)

Indeed!

Post edited by nicstt on
  • nicstt said:
    JOdel said:

As an alternative, if Caymen's product doesn't work, I use the product from Renderosity. It is more work, although not time-consuming.

What's the name of the product?

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306
    nicstt said:
    JOdel said:

What's the name of the product?

Look in Rendo for Vendor Blacksmith3d

Product is called Texture Transformer

• That only does the textures, not the morphs.

• HavosHavos Posts: 5,306

That only does the textures, not the morphs.

Indeed, but it is an alternative to Caymen’s products (which is only concerned with textures) which I believe is what was asked for 

• Sorry guess I misunderstood what they were trying to accomplish.

Nearly there...I will post when the time comes.
  • CybersoxCybersox Posts: 8,760

Zev0 said:
    Nearly there...I will post when the time comes.

B...b...but... we want it NOW....