My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

..oh ick, winter like temperatures on the way next week  Highs barely above 40° (F) and lows below freezing (in the upper 20s) with a chance of frozen water from the sky next Wednesday.  Glad I stocked up at the market yesterday.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

feelin frustrated

been tryin to recreate this over last 3 weeks now.

Sphere To Dust in Carrara - YouTube

..curmudgeon time:

OK, when I installed the latest version of Blender, afterwards I couldn't pull Chrome back up from the taskbar. I had to close it out (through Windows Task manager) and then restart it.  When I did all I got was this "sliver" of a window on the desktop screen that only showed part of the top menu/tab bar. Talk about stupid software.

• DanaTA said:

Interesting to see that the squirrel actually disconnected the bulbs!  They're smart!

Dana

Of course he is!  He comes from my side of the family.devil  Word of advice:  Don't piss him off.surprise

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104
    edited November 2019
    Why is acrylic paint not good replacement for fingernail polish? Edit for dyslexic spelling error i think
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

complaint  on radio.com, clicked on 3 different rock stations.  they all talking, not a single song playing

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Why is acrylic paint not good replacement for fingernail polish? Edit for dyslexic spelling error i think

There are some that probably would be, but they are more expensive than lacquer based nail polishes and the cheap materials they use in water based nail polishes are not very durable... of course you might just mean like craft or artist's acrylic paint... in which case it's a matter of how well the dried paint snugs down on the surface of the material it's painted on, which in the case of that material, it isn't very well... lacquers actually "etch" the surface of the nail and that gives them grip... coupled with their inherent hardness that's a good mix. Most acrylics just lay on the surface and are not very hard, so they rub off or chip and scratch easily. 
    Some water borne acrylic polymers are actually used as automotive paint, so obviously they are way more durable than artists paints. Technically they way more environmentally friendly and less toxic than nail polish, but for some reason nobody seems to use them.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    McGyver said:

There are some that probably would be, but they are more expensive than lacquer based nail polishes and the cheap materials they use in water based nail polishes are not very durable... of course you might just mean like craft or artist's acrylic paint... in which case it's a matter of how well the dried paint snugs down on the surface of the material it's painted on, which in the case of that material, it isn't very well... lacquers actually "etch" the surface of the nail and that gives them grip... coupled with their inherent hardness that's a good mix. Most acrylics just lay on the surface and are not very hard, so they rub off or chip and scratch easily. 
    Some water borne acrylic polymers are actually used as automotive paint, so obviously they are way more durable than artists paints. Technically they way more environmentally friendly and less toxic than nail polish, but for some reason nobody seems to use them.

Actually you could use acrylic paint to polish your nails or to add nail art ,but you would need to seal it with a clear coat of polish if you want it to last more then one day .

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483

My frustration is that I can't be as tall and handsome as Jason Momoa.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    edited November 2019
    K T Ong said:

Well, given todays medical technology you might be able to achieve it at great effort, great expense and great pain.  And risk end up looking like a battered, scarred and torn sock monkey.surprise  There are shocking TV shows about people who have tried that route and failed miserably.

Personally though, I'd go for Dwane (The Rock) Johnson. yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Now that I have four spirited and useful computers (again) I've been trying to get them all networked together.  One is Win7-Pro, One is Win10-Pro, the other two are Win10-Home.  I hate Microsoft network tools! angry  At one time (a lifetime ago) I was a networking expert.  People paid me big bucks to fly across the country and fix their networking problems on big UNIX installations and corporate and government networks.  But then Microsoft decided to stir their scrambled nuts and bolts into the  networking machinery and it all went to hexx.  Grrrr....   I have NEVER been able to get all my Microsoft machines in my home since the year 1998 to work together properly in all directions.  There's always a booger somewhere in the flow.  Today it's my Win10 laptop that absolutely refuses to be found on the network by the other machines, yet it can reach out to the other machines and pull in files. I've pried into every networking corner I can think of and checked and double checked share settings and firewalls, and access permissions, till I'm hairless (which didn't take long).  I give up.sad  Time to watch some mind numbing TV.

edited November 2019

...curmudgeon time: 

Ugh everything online is running in super slow motion this morning.  When I try to open a site I end up watching loading swirlies that just keep going on and on even though there is no issue with my connection.  Gmail has particularly been a royal pain in the bum this morning with "loading" messages each time I try to open an email.  When I tried to access Gmail on my phone, I received a Sync error saying it will be fixed "soon" and the most recent email my inbox there is dated Nov 9th, so my suspicions are it's on Google's end (still "broken" on the phone and I have no idea how to fix that, the the help site isn't really helpful). One of the issues I keep running into this morning graphics in emails and on sites are taking a long time to load. Again this must be on their end as everything is fine with my GPU.

Also performed a restart, as sometimes that clears slow issues up by clearing all buffers, only to have MS auto install several updates.  I found that rather disconcerting as well as a bit infuriating since I always have Windows Update set just to remind me when updates are available and to let me manually install them (I also don't bother with feature updates just the security ones)  About an hour later when everything was back up and running I noticed it also installed the feature updates I didn't need.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    K T Ong said:

Well, given todays medical technology you might be able to achieve it at great effort, great expense and great pain.  And risk end up looking like a battered, scarred and torn sock monkey.surprise  There are shocking TV shows about people who have tried that route and failed miserably.

Steve Bacic heart

tee hee was watching a steve tribute with the song 'need a hero'.  when they got up to the part of streetwise hercules, tee hee, they showed Dylan Hunt, in another timeline he was Hercules.  giggled for a while over it.  

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jVOEUmGhZ7o

didnt know he was on stargatesurprise

• K T OngK T Ong Posts: 483
    K T Ong said:

Would be nice if I could be placed inside DAZ Studio and someone could dial all the numbers that would make me Mr World-Class Handsome.

Dwayne's not bad, but I kinda prefer someone with facial hair.

K T Ong said:

I think I rather look like Scarlet Johannson (I think that is how to spell her name)

weekend  yayyyy

raa raa ra ra raaah

i think i look like cyndi lauper, merryl streep

Good news, I might be able to have access to a Motorola phone soon, but bad news it is soon not this weekend.

Good news, I might be able to have access to a Motorola phone soon, but bad news it is soon not this weekend.

daz soon?

i was so sure daz(z) was short for dazzle  lol, been wrong before lol

K T Ong said:
    K T Ong said:

Would be nice if I could be placed inside DAZ Studio and someone could dial all the numbers that would make me Mr World-Class Handsome.

Dwayne's not bad, but I kinda prefer someone with facial hair.

....wouldn't mind a bit of the "Youth Morph" from Zev0's Growing Up Morphs dialed in on me.

edited November 2019

Nevermind, move along, nothing to see here.  Total screw up.  Will try again someday when my brain is working properly.  Wrong music, wrong composer, wrong link, total FUBAR.sad

started watching andromeda season 1

was curious if they knew what trance was early on, or figured it out as went along,
    they just showed her tattoo and a glimpse of a sun

1st day of 1 week staycation

my weetl nephews into somethin called the wiggles

no one luvs the purple dinosaur nowadays.  

I was going to do something before going to bed, but now I forgot what that was.  Also I was going to ask a question on a forum but I forgot what the question was.

bloo tooth on my phone keeps turning tself on  meh bah hum bug

hubble makes pretty pictures

• Hubble records photons.  People make pretty pictures.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2019

Edwin Hubble was a pipe smoking astronomer with a curiosity for extragalactic nebulas who died in 1953 and has since then ceased and desisted the recording of photons, while his current underground residence is currently unknown, he is most likely engaged in his new hobby of decomposition.

Post edited by McGyver on

nebulaseses are pretty colours

yanno gotta be careful with amazon prime

there is a 1.99 per episode version
    and they have the same exact andromeda episodes free

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Belated Happy Birthday to you,LG. But your unbirthdays are better because there are a lot more of them.

This discussion has been closed.