My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

..OK some good news for a change.  Yesterday I received a letter from the educational loan processing agency that my discharge case was approved and they will no longer take anymore deductions from my Disability benefits.  Furthermore, they have told the loan programmes involved to refund all the money they garnished from my benefits to my SS account, so I should receive another deposit in the next few weeks.

Sometimes you get that small victory. 

• kyoto kid said:

..OK some good news for a change.  Yesterday I received a letter from the educational loan processing agency that my discharge case was approved and they will no longer take anymore deductions from my Disability benefits.  Furthermore, they have told the loan programmes involved to refund all the money they garnished from my benefits to my SS account, so I should receive another deposit in the next few weeks.

Good to hearyes

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    kyoto kid said:

Great news. smiley

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

what are pigs supposed to eat?

do they graze?

Same as humans - almost anything. 

• kyoto kid said:

Go get'em boy.yes

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Non-complaint:  Sitting here DAZzing and listening again to Sibelius' Symphony #2.   For me it paints a vivid picture of a heroic, dangerous, journey through the mountains of Scandanavia.   I've gushed about it before so I won't bore you again except to say there is at least one moment in the 4th movement that sends shivers (around 44:10) up my spine as the winds howl around the peaks and through the narrow passageways a few minutes before the hero comes though the last passage in the worsening windstorm and gratefully sees the goal of the journey in the valley below at the end of the piece just as the clouds break.  Main theme of the 4th movement is very whistleable.

Jean Sibelus: Symphony #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAOf46CXaaw

Conductor Leonard Bernstein wears himself out conducting this one.

...still one of my all time favourites.

Yeah, not so much intensely melodic and beautiful like the best of Rachmaninoff but emotive, deeply visionary and worldly.  I love the buildup between 35:40 and 36:40 and the subsequent change of state for a few measures that freezes my spine the first time. heart  Then at 45:06 the major break out of the sun from behind the clouds, some weather still remains but the path is clear and the full vision lays before the hero as he begins his descent into the valley.  If it wasn't so long this would make a great segment of the next Disney Fantasia movie. (Except that Disney would probably corrupt the imagery into something ridiculous like flying whales.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    carrie58 said:
    McGyver said:

Public Service Tip # 762-01B... Don’t vacuum up copious amounts of sugar with a cordless hand vac and forget about it for a couple of humid weeks unless you enjoy chiseling super hard sugar from the dust collector.

Ummm soaking works better then chiseling at least if it's a seperate dust collector that you can get wet without  destroying the electronics ........

The unremovable, removable air filter can’t really get wet or the micro dust becomes concrete... well, the first fun part was actually removing the dust collector to get to the filter without breaking the release tabs... I had to chisel the filter out with a small sculpting spatula to remove it so it could be blown out blow with a compressor... the other part got warm water... luckily a clump of girl hair managed to harbor most of the sugar and kept it off the filter.

• i forgot it was friday so didn't take the garbage out...

edited September 2019

i forgot it was friday so didn't take the garbage out...

It'll keep until next Friday, you may have to stay in a motel for a few days, but the garbage won't go anywhere.indecision

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Wait till 3 in the morning tonight, then put it in front of your neighbor 6 houses over's driveway >.>

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited September 2019

Couldn't put mine out due to high wind conditions.

Non-compliant: Dorian's eye just passed over Cape Hatters (I am a little less than 50 miles to the north) so we about halfway thrrough the storm and so far we have power and only minor damage. Now hoping the soundside flooding we get on the backside doesn't get too bad.

@ Mcgyver: I guess the shipment of Norwegian pineapples must have arrived on tme because the storm has fizziled down from catagory  3 or (or high 2) down to a wimpy catagory 1

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:

Go get'em boy.yes

+1

Taoz said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

Same as humans - almost anything. 

parasitic infested garbage with tape worms?

ugghhh  heavvve

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

It'll keep until next Friday, you may have to stay in a motel for a few days, but the garbage won't go anywhere.indecision

Well you never know...

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

Bad trashpanda! Very bad trashpanda!!!

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    edited September 2019

Complaint: This thread ignores me. Made a comment , thread stayed on page 15surprise.

please-ignore-this-thread

Bad bad thread!

Post edited by Sven Dullah on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Well, there is still time... take it somewhere nice tonight or on the weekend... maybe Golden Corral, Old Country Buffet or Shoney’s.

I hear it’s pumpkinfest at Shoney’s soon...

Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

these farmers should be prosecuted for inhumanity   bahh rayy moo

mucha lluvia outside.  think it's the dorian ?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    edited September 2019
    kyoto kid said:

Complaint:  Arghhh....  Since I no longer have a car, I've been trying to arrange for my pharmacy to deliver my prescriptions so that I don't have to make trips to the city that cost me about $40 round-trip taxi.  Or $2 for the morning bus and $20 return taxi fare or wait 6 hours for the return bussad.  So I fill out their website pages and send them my $51 for a year of delivery service and then go to select my prescriptions to be delivered and discover that they require that I download their f'n "App".  Remember I don't have cell reception here at the house so that's a non-starter because it also requires me to sent a "Text" to start the download process.  I've never sent a sucessful text in my life, despite trying.  Oh, I suppose I could manage it, if I really put my self into it.indecision  

Some time later I find myself in a place where I have enough cell reception to send a text and attempt to  download their f'n App.  First problem is that my ancient tiny smart phone doesn't have enough room.  So, now I have to figure out how to delete apps without crippling my machine.  With some warm fuzzies that I actually accomplished that I finally sent the text again and succeeded in downloading the app, and it actually installed.  So, then of course, bold as hell, I press the new icon on the display and the app begins to load and the phone screen goes black.  And stays black, forever.  Arghhh.....  I hate computers, especially toy ones.angry

My question is:  Why can't the pharmacy let me select my prescriptions from a regular Microsoft desktop computer, and send me email instead of requiring a f'n app.crying  The world has gone app crazy.  I may have to hitch a ride with the Amish buggy that passes here every morning.frown

My suspicion is that my otherwise perfectly functional phone needs to be upgraded ($$), but I still have the no-reception problem.  Life sucks, then you die. frown

..yeah, it is sad that so many services assume everyone has the latest SOTA smartphone.  

I refuse to use my phone to transmit any critical information as they are so vulnerable to being wirelessly hacked.

You have to get a VPN app.  I use Norton's WiFi Privacy.  It encrypts your data and hides your true location.  It shows as "somewhere" in the United States.  It works on laptops and phones and tablets.  I no longer worry about secure communications via free WiFi hotspots.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
    kyoto kid said:

kyoto kid said:

Great!   yes

Dana

edited September 2019

Put it in a freezer bag and into the freezer!  Good until next week's collection!

Unless by garbage you meant trash.  I realized that some folks intermix the two words.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on

Complaint: This thread ignores me. Made a comment , thread stayed on page 15surprise.

Bad bad thread!

I noticed a while ago that when you make a post, it goes to the end of the current page.  But when you go to the next page, it's at the bottom of that one.  I think this is so you don't have to backtrack if you were replying to a post that was in the middle of the page, for example.

Dana

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

*Baa ram ewe.

• Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

*Baa ram ewe.

Somebody should be prosecuted.

HumanPens.JPG
    835 x 468 - 84K
  • Was considering getting this for a brief moment...

Sign says closed on Sunday, so you can apparently open and close it?

Is this open or closed?

edited September 2019
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Complaint:  Arghhh....  Since I no longer have a car, I've been trying to arrange for my pharmacy to deliver my prescriptions so that I don't have to make trips to the city that cost me about $40 round-trip taxi.  Or $2 for the morning bus and $20 return taxi fare or wait 6 hours for the return bussad.  So I fill out their website pages and send them my $51 for a year of delivery service and then go to select my prescriptions to be delivered and discover that they require that I download their f'n "App".  Remember I don't have cell reception here at the house so that's a non-starter because it also requires me to sent a "Text" to start the download process.  I've never sent a sucessful text in my life, despite trying.  Oh, I suppose I could manage it, if I really put my self into it.indecision  

Some time later I find myself in a place where I have enough cell reception to send a text and attempt to  download their f'n App.  First problem is that my ancient tiny smart phone doesn't have enough room.  So, now I have to figure out how to delete apps without crippling my machine.  With some warm fuzzies that I actually accomplished that I finally sent the text again and succeeded in downloading the app, and it actually installed.  So, then of course, bold as hell, I press the new icon on the display and the app begins to load and the phone screen goes black.  And stays black, forever.  Arghhh.....  I hate computers, especially toy ones.angry

My question is:  Why can't the pharmacy let me select my prescriptions from a regular Microsoft desktop computer, and send me email instead of requiring a f'n app.crying  The world has gone app crazy.  I may have to hitch a ride with the Amish buggy that passes here every morning.frown

My suspicion is that my otherwise perfectly functional phone needs to be upgraded ($$), but I still have the no-reception problem.  Life sucks, then you die. frown

..yeah, it is sad that so many services assume everyone has the latest SOTA smartphone.  

I refuse to use my phone to transmit any critical information as they are so vulnerable to being wirelessly hacked.

You have to get a VPN app.  I use Norton's WiFi Privacy.  It encrypts your data and hides your true location.  It shows as "somewhere" in the United States.  It works on laptops and phones and tablets.  I no longer worry about secure communications via free WiFi hotspots.

Dana

...Norton is good but somewhat resource heavy.  I have an old phone with limited memory (as well as old notebook with only 4 GB which is the most it supports). On the phone I am still on Android 5.1 as it doesn't have enough memory to update to 6.0.  At the price of phones today I cannot afford a new one and not about to get locked into some multi year contract to spread out the payments.

Also I rarely text because of my arthritis and dyslexia and using that virtual keypad to key in cryptic passwords would become an exercise in extreme frustration. All I use it for is as a phone along with a few utilities like my transit tracker, fare app, weather, getting directions (so location is important), and checking, sports scores.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

...Norton is good but somewhat resource heavy.  I have an old phone with limited memory (as well as old notebook with only 4 GB which is the most it supports). On the phone I am still on Android 5.1 as it doesn't have enough memory to update to 6.0.  At the price of phones today I cannot afford a new one and not about to get locked into some multi year contract to spread out the payments.

Also I rarely text because of my arthritis and dyslexia and using that virtual keypad to key in cryptic passwords would become an exercise in extreme frustration. All I use it for is as a phone along with a few utilities like my transit tracker, fare app, weather, getting directions (so location is important), and checking, sports scores.

As for the phone, I have the Samsung Galaxy J3.  It's on Android version 7.1.1 right now.  Sorry.  As for passwords, I use Norton Identity Safe, now called Password Manager.  It's a free plug-in and works with Edge, Chrome and FireFox.  I have different passwords for every site.  I could never remember all those.  With this, I don't need to, and only need to enter the master password to open the "vault".  After that, it remembers the credentials for each site you add to it.  Encrypted.  Worth it.  

Dana

edited September 2019
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

As for the phone, I have the Samsung Galaxy J3.  It's on Android version 7.1.1 right now.  Sorry.  As for passwords, I use Norton Identity Safe, now called Password Manager.  It's a free plug-in and works with Edge, Chrome and FireFox.  I have different passwords for every site.  I could never remember all those.  With this, I don't need to, and only need to enter the master password to open the "vault".  After that, it remembers the credentials for each site you add to it.  Encrypted.  Worth it.  

Dana

Samsung Galaxy J3, hmmm..., interesting.  As I mentioned above my ancient tiny smart phone is underpowered and needs to be upgraded.  It's an LG LGL15G running Android 4.4.2 (no upgrades available since 2016) with 4GB total storage with only 428MB currently available after deleting pictures and other apps I never or would ever use.  It's with TracFone and is very cheap I don't use the texting or smart features so I get by using it mostly only as a phone (how quaintsurprise).  My cost averages out to about $7 per month.  yes  But it's only G3 level of service.  I keep getting advertisements from TracFone for new or reconditioned phones.  Apparently the Galaxy J3 has at least two sub-models "Orbit", and "Luna Pro" and ranging in price from $40 for a reconditioned Orbit and $25 for a reconditioned Luna Pro to $80 for a new Orbit and $50 for a new Luna Pro.  Strange that the "Pro" is less costly than the "Orbit" but I suppose that's marketing voodoo.

Any comments on your experience with the Galaxy J3 (whatever sub-model you have)?  Is it "modern" enough to last for a couple years to be worth the cost?  (bearing in mind that my last smart phone (the LG) cost me a whopping $10 from TracFone. (actually the phone was free, they charged me $10 for shipping)frown  I'm at the point where I need a truly functional smart phone to use apps like Uber and my pharmacy app and whatever other app functionalities I get sucked into.

DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

Dana

...I do have the Password locker on my main systems. 

• McGyver said:
    i'm obsessed with this outfit... and hair... even the character... luckily i'venot found the outfit (the hair looks similar to something I have).

Not sure what product this was, but that's a stunning promo picture.

I found it. This promo picture is better than the promo pictures trying to sell the outfit. I haven't bought it yet. Gonna have to find a street corner to make my daz dough... "Fresh Pretzels! Get Your Pretzels here!"

kyoto kid said:

another dress... another explosion

...hope not. Leela likes making things go "beeg bada boom", just not her clothing.

The dress I bought yesterday... a new arrival didn't like the pose and "beeg bada boom" ..-ed. (I did not resist... I gave into the sale...)

Dresses and sitting positions don't always mix... I built a neato stool out of primitives even just for the shot.

How are you handling the sitting? Such things are best handled with play-range simutalions, so that you can slide the chair under the figure and if need be have some intermediate poses to make sure no bodybparts pass through each other on their way to the final pose.

UPDATE: I rotated her so her feet were then used memorize bones. Looked like it was going well until 58% in when it exploded. LOL.

WIP002 looks like one of those days when you wake up and it’s like the sheets were trying to eat you while you slept... Which for me is usually one of those times when someone in the house has a major problem... “dad there’s a pterodactyl in the bathroom!!” or “Vic, wake up the refrigerator is fighting the stove!”

Wow, what an exciting household you have!  I only have alligators herding about in my front yard.  And it's the boring regular alligators, not crabgators, catgators, or gatorpandas.

Mystarra said:

oh boyy found just what my decor is missing

a dragon tp holder  tee hee

found it while ise shopping for a matching shower curtain rug set flutterby motif.  not seeing butterfly tp holder

OMG, that's AWESOME!

kyoto kid said:
    scorpio said:
    kyoto kid said:

@ Subtropic Pixel: ...as to those electric rental scooters, I wasn't. Where I live, they are a nuisance and danger to pedestrians the way most people treat them. 

For the disabled they are a god send, perhaps if you are constantly nearly being run over by bicycles and scooters perhaps you need to look to your own behaviour rather than constantly blame someone else.

...McGyver is correct, I am not talking about mobility scooters or powered wheelchairs. I'm referring to the motorised version of what you used when you were a kid that have been popping up in cities over the last couple years. 

Someone who is disabled would not be using one of these:

As to "behaviour," it is the responsibility of the operator to not ride in a careless, reckless manner so as to pose a danger to others. A vehicle capable of 18 - 20 mph does not belong on the sidewalk, particularly in areas where there is heavy pedestrian traffic. Crikey, I've seen people who were drunk riding them. 

City ordinance here specifically states that these are to only be ridden on the street (they can used designated bike lanes as well).

There are others besides myself who agree the situation is getting out of hand.  If people simply followed the rules, it wouldn't be an issue.

Don't support the people who are content to keep problems around like pets.  Hold them responsible.

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.
    theres some good old irish curses. curses good for the soul?

dunno what my retirement plan is?

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too.

Difficult to find any actual curses     have some insults instead

Dim gwerth rhech dafad    (Means  worthless, actually translates as  Not worth a sheep's fart   )

Twpsyn    or    Twmffat     (both mean Idiot)

Quite a lot of welsh insults rely on breaking wind or anatomical elements,  so I won't put them here 

LOL, "have some insults instead!"  They're free with a Pro 8 Bundle purchase!  I love it.

Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

read that Elizabeth I was a cusser. and henry viii

she was one ruler who got to die of natural causes?

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

I always mess up English history... like with with Charles the first, I alway think he died from a really bad shaving mishap... William the second fell on an arrow while running with it (it’s why me mum always said “no running with arrows in the house!”), Richard the third was killed by a rose bush, and Edward (the II) Of Carnivores was beaten to death with a toaster in the bathtub (electricity hadn’t been invented yet)... 

Which monarch was mauled to death in their sleep by penguins?

Never mind...  that was something else... I was thinking of U.S. president Franklin Pierce... who after leaving office faded into obscurity and took up alcoholism and penguin wrestling as a hobby... apparently on the night of March 4, 1857, in a drunken haze he wandered down to the penguin pens and unlocked them so he could go inside and shout biblical quotes at them in latin... something he was prone to doing even when sober... shortly after that, he wandered inside his home and fell asleep on the dining table where the attack occurred.  His death led to the state of Massachusetts banning penguin wrestling and the state of New Jersey adopting it... Where it still flourishes today, albeit mostly in seedy back alley penguin wrestling dens.

Did you know that in their youth, both Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Disraeli were both avid penguin wrestlers? Lincoln would abandon it in favor of vampire hunting in 1835… but not before one last professional penguin wrestling match in Paris where he met Disraeli who was working on his novel “The Penguin Wrestler” (later renamed “Contarini Fleming”), a novel described by Disraeli as “the psychological autobiography of a penguin wrestler”... Although they parted ways after the competition, they remained friends until Lincoln fell on a bullet in 1865... it is said that amongst his many quotes was the one he partly borrowed from Lincoln... “Action may not always bring happiness, but true happiness is a greased up penguin”.

I love history.

penguin sledding

Yeah, but sealturtles and chickenpigs make better security systems.

Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.
    theres some good old irish curses. curses good for the soul?

dunno what my retirement plan is?

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too.

Difficult to find any actual curses     have some insults instead

Dim gwerth rhech dafad    (Means  worthless, actually translates as  Not worth a sheep's fart   )

Twpsyn    or    Twmffat     (both mean Idiot)

Quite a lot of welsh insults rely on breaking wind or anatomical elements,  so I won't put them here 

Sheep farts... funny.

Will you be listing those welsh insults elsewhere? Just asking for a friend...

Really...

I do have friends... 

Real ones too... not just pineapples with googly eyes glued on them.

Okay, mostly pineapples... but still...

I don't actually need to list them elsewhere,  as Wales on line has done it already

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/21-ways-swear-welsh-much-9557813

I have so much to learn.  devil

TheKD said:

Just put in a new 2070 super and hooked up my new 1920 x 1080 monitor, about to lose my mind right now. As soon as I hit the windows logo screen, the whole screen artifacts, and the display goes to some tiny resolution that puts scroll bars everywhere. Assuming that means the driver crashed. Tried to open up nvidia control panel, that crashed.  About to use DDU and go back a few driver versions to see if it fixes. I am kinda pissed after paying 1300 for nice new equipment and it not working. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Did you upgrade/install the drivers before you installed the hardware?

What version of Windows?

TheKD said:

Yeah, put a couple nice dents in the desk I just built with my flashlight. Not a happy camper lol

Well I think it's obvious why you're not a happy camper!  First off, you used your flashlight to build a desk.  Camping in the dark is scary! 

Buy a hammer.  Well, either that or just buy another flashlight.  I like dual-use tools.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

read that Elizabeth I was a cusser. and henry viii

she was one ruler who got to die of natural causes?

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

Which monarch was mauled to death in their sleep by penguins?

...aha!  I knew there must have been another factor involved in the unprecedented decline in the Monarch Butterfly population. Apparently one summer when El Nino was particularly strong and the magnetic poles temporarily went out of whack, it confused their navigation sense and they migrated south to the southern reaches of South America and Australia (both which also have penguin populations) as well as the extreme northern shores of Antarctica during an unprecedented heat wave there.  Penguins of course found the large flocks of brightly coloured insects to be a bountiful feast and a welcome aperitif (as well as midnight sun snack) to compliment their diet of mullets, anchovies, and sardines.

Monarchs are found all around the world, in all hemispheres even.  Some migrate, some do not.  If you grow milkweed, you will have monarchs.  They are among the easiest to attract.  Rarely does a day go by that I don't see at least 2-4 of them.

I forgot how slow Amazon's free shipping is.  My new SATA hard drive will arrive next week.  The next time I order a computer part I will select regular shipping for $5.

Check for the "ships from China" trap.  I've had to wait 2+ weeks for the simplest of things, and there's usually inadequate packing.  Broken parts are common.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

McGyver seems to have a particularly keen interest in penguins.  Hmm...

Maybe we should convince DarkSeal to develop and offer a sexy and "anatomically enhanced" DAZ/Poser rigged penguin model for McGyver to enjoy! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Its the historical significance of penguins, chinchillas and kangaroos that I’m concerned with... those that ignore the past are doomed to watch the repeats... but... um... a scientifically accurate penguin would be nice... for scientific purposes.

...I have a wooden penguin. It used to sit on the top of my telly, which one day back in 2002 blew up, however, even though it fell off, the wooden penguin survived with only a broken foot that was easily remedied with a bit of superglue.

Never bothered to get a replacement telly though, so for now the penguin sits a bookshelf.

Or... perhaps it was an exploding penguin on the telly, eh?… https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Exploding_Penguin_on_the_TV_Set

Maybe it was just 8 o’clock and time for the penguin to explode.

...no, it was the telly that exploded during an episode of Xena Warrior Princess., The wooden Penguin on the top survived save for he foot injury.

Xena was groundbreaking for her time!

TheKD said:

Ugh. Got in touch with the amazon.ca vendor that sold me the video card, was expecting to get a prepaid shipping label, and replacement sent. Instead, I have to pay to ship my 2070 super back, they will inspect it, then issue me a return minus the shipping fee I paid if it's broke like I said it is. I am avoiding third party vendors on amazon like a plague from now on. I hope they have the lube ready for the scathing review they get when I have my refund. They better not pull some shady stuff like saying it's not broke and refuse my refund, getting shady vibes from them as it is. After spending what ammounts to most of my summer earnings this year on it, I am almost in thermonuclear mode.

I'll buy expensive parts from some Amazon vendors, especially since Newegg's prices all went up (way up) several years ago.  In 2012, I built an entire desktop system including a 70 pound UPS...mostly from Newegg.  But not today, Newegg is often too expensive and shipping drives the price even higher.

Mystarra said:
    Gordig said:

Aaaaaaargh! I let a scene render overnight, and when I sat down at my computer this morning, I saw that it had rebooted.

is safer to not have your render rig on the internet.

It may be safer, but that mid 1990s practice is not workable for most of us in current times.  With proper use of a firewall, antivirus, and good online hygene practices, nobody has to stay in 1994.

Oh yes, and BACKUPS.  I don't really care about your cat videos.  The big question is this:  Are you backing up your content library and project files?

DanaTA said:

Bad bad thread!

I noticed a while ago that when you make a post, it goes to the end of the current page.  But when you go to the next page, it's at the bottom of that one.  I think this is so you don't have to backtrack if you were replying to a post that was in the middle of the page, for example.

Dana

I use "multi-quote", just in the interest of time.  I can catch up on 250 new posts in just about 20 minutes.  I wish there was a "Quote+" button on the forum pages that could prevent the page from scrolling to the bottom with every quote I want to do.

This discussion has been closed.