My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...sadly Monarch butterflies are a very rare sight here in western Oregon as milkweed isn't native to the western valleys.

The dominant species here are Tiger Swallowtails. 

• I had some longwings here and a few other varieties as well.  And massive bumblebees with yellow racing stripes too.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...anyway, I was just playing off of what McGyver wrote, there was no seriousness involved or implied at all.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019

I had some longwings here and a few other varieties as well.  And massive bumblebees with yellow racing stripes too.

We used to have Monarchs here when I was a kid but I haven't seen a real butterfly around here for nearly 50 years.  Moths, yes, bees, yes, wasp, hornets, mosquitoes, ladybugs, yes.  But no butterflies.  Perhaps I need to get out into the fields more often.  But there is still hope, I recently saw a toad in the yard for the first time in 10 years.  And this summer I regularly see rabbits and a woodchuck in the yard outside my kitchen window.yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Was considering getting this for a brief moment...

Sign says closed on Sunday, so you can apparently open and close it?

Is this open or closed?

You have to purchase the other parts of the set... it contains the entrance trampoline and the exit catapult.  

These kind of fence arrangements have become very popular in areas where alligators have learned to open gates (thanks to Jurassic Park)... sadly it’s just a matter of time till they master the trampolines and catapults... once they can use catapults, it’s inevitable they’ll invent the cannon and then it’s all downhill from there.

Yeah, I don’t get that... 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited September 2019

Apparently last night someone was watching the “Science Channel”, because when I turned on the TV this morning that is what channel it was on... I was treated to (as one is “treated” to bee stings or bad bowl cramps) a program call “Strange Evidence”... It’s a program that erases any hope fro the future of mankind... not for tales of a great calamity, but because the fact that it is on TV just goes to show how stupid, averse to critical thinking and learning people have become.

The show consists of a narrator (who I hope gets a really persistent skin rash on his tender bits) insinuating that various videos of ordinary events are either supernatural monsters, aliens or otherwise unexplainable... for example, they took a video of a low floating helium Mylar balloon gliding along the ground and insinuated it was some sort of space jellyfish looking for victims to feast on... various “experts” whom I suspect are not very highly regarded in their chosen fields, are called upon to comment on the videos... they mostly go out of their way to make whatever it is sound terrifying or mysterious... one lady outright lied about her interpretation when she claimed the space jellyfish was struck by a truck when it was clear that the truck passed by at least two or three hundred feet in the background, nowhere near the balloon. The show also seems to have a few actual experts from other shows, who are apparently tricked into commenting, because their statements seem to be very general and almost off topic... as though they were asked a question that had nothing to do with the video or subject.

I watched one and a half episodes and it’s really disturbing that anyone would sign off on a program like this... it’s deliberately deceptive and misinforming... People are getting dumber every day, we don’t need crap like this accelerating the process or worse yet making kids dumb too.

Shows like that need huge disclaimers that they have nothing to do with reality or science.

Grumblegrumphgrrrmuffmurrgrumblegrrr.... Okay... done... that’s all.

Post edited by McGyver on
    edited September 2019
    McGyver said:

Apparently last night someone was watching the “Science Channel”, because when I turned on the TV this morning that is what channel it was on... I was treated to (as one is “treated” to bee stings or bad bowl cramps) a program call “Strange Evidence”... It’s a program that erases any hope fro the future of mankind... not for tales of a great calamity, but because the fact that it is on TV just goes to show how stupid, averse to critical thinking and learning people have become.

The show consists of a narrator (who I hope gets a really persistent skin rash on his tender bits) insinuating that various videos of ordinary events are either supernatural monsters, aliens or otherwise unexplainable... for example, they took a video of a low floating helium Mylar balloon gliding along the ground and insinuated it was some sort of space jellyfish looking for victims to feast on... various “experts” whom I suspect are not very highly regarded in their chosen fields, are called upon to comment on the videos... they mostly go out of their way to make whatever it is sound terrifying or mysterious... one lady outright lied about her interpretation when she claimed the space jellyfish was struck by a truck when it was clear that the truck passed by at least two or three hundred feet in the background, nowhere near the balloon. The show also seems to have a few actual experts from other shows, who are apparently tricked into commenting, because their statements seem to be very general and almost off topic... as though they were asked a question that had nothing to do with the video or subject.

I watched one and a half episodes and it’s really disturbing that anyone would sign off on a program like this... it’s deliberately deceptive and misinforming... People are getting dumber every day, we don’t need crap like this accelerating the process or worse yet making kids dumb too.

Shows like that need huge disclaimers that they have nothing to do with reality or science.

Grumblegrumphgrrrmuffmurrgrumblegrrr.... Okay... done... that’s all.

This is one of my persistent fears.  Stupidity is actively being promoted and even glorified.  It's a disease.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

Oz never gave buthin to the tin man. He didnt all rready have

just realizing i attracted to younger men. Like college hunks

the real trick in dating is finding someone whom appreciates your sense of humour. Harder when its an off kilter humour

Oddly not finding college hunks hanging out in the bookstore this morning. Not finding them at best buy perusing the computery tasties. Mebbe they home watching their mom do laundry

Dont remember how it started. I grew up calling tv the boob tube

what does that make you tube?  The you boob, boob yubes

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

As for the phone, I have the Samsung Galaxy J3.  It's on Android version 7.1.1 right now.  Sorry.  As for passwords, I use Norton Identity Safe, now called Password Manager.  It's a free plug-in and works with Edge, Chrome and FireFox.  I have different passwords for every site.  I could never remember all those.  With this, I don't need to, and only need to enter the master password to open the "vault".  After that, it remembers the credentials for each site you add to it.  Encrypted.  Worth it.  

Dana

Samsung Galaxy J3, hmmm..., interesting.  As I mentioned above my ancient tiny smart phone is underpowered and needs to be upgraded.  It's an LG LGL15G running Android 4.4.2 (no upgrades available since 2016) with 4GB total storage with only 428MB currently available after deleting pictures and other apps I never or would ever use.  It's with TracFone and is very cheap I don't use the texting or smart features so I get by using it mostly only as a phone (how quaintsurprise).  My cost averages out to about $7 per month.  yes  But it's only G3 level of service.  I keep getting advertisements from TracFone for new or reconditioned phones.  Apparently the Galaxy J3 has at least two sub-models "Orbit", and "Luna Pro" and ranging in price from $40 for a reconditioned Orbit and $25 for a reconditioned Luna Pro to $80 for a new Orbit and $50 for a new Luna Pro.  Strange that the "Pro" is less costly than the "Orbit" but I suppose that's marketing voodoo.

Any comments on your experience with the Galaxy J3 (whatever sub-model you have)?  Is it "modern" enough to last for a couple years to be worth the cost?  (bearing in mind that my last smart phone (the LG) cost me a whopping $10 from TracFone. (actually the phone was free, they charged me $10 for shipping)frown  I'm at the point where I need a truly functional smart phone to use apps like Uber and my pharmacy app and whatever other app functionalities I get sucked into.

I've had it for a few years, ever since I switched away from Verizon to Consumer Cellular.  It has been great for me.  It handles the newest apps, as far as I know.  More in private message.

Dana

• Some strange compulsion made me start to organize and relabel all the renders, scenes, and scene subsets I have spread across three computers. I don't want to admit how long I've been at it and I'm not even done.

If nothing else I'll at least clean out some boring/bad stuff and I'll have backups and I'll have a brand new file naming convention that I'll immediate toss because who can keep track of all this?

Some strange compulsion made me start to organize and relabel all the renders, scenes, and scene subsets I have spread across three computers. I don't want to admit how long I've been at it and I'm not even done.

If nothing else I'll at least clean out some boring/bad stuff and I'll have backups and I'll have a brand new file naming convention that I'll immediate toss because who can keep track of all this?

a nice usb3 2tb hdd.  just plug it into which puter you using atmo  USB3.oheart

is better than LAN, cuz you don't need the other puters to be on.

need at least 2 of em if rendering to avi files.

the next progression is something like a SAN  or NAS can plug multiple drives in it.

a lot of aggravation with buying a drive more than 2 gbs.  a nightmare really.

his king attitude a bit on the insufferable side

i vaguely remember a movie bout The Madness of King George.  They didn't call it King George III

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Just stopping in quickly to say Hi.  I wanted to let everyone know I survived Dorian fine.  All that happened was some difficulty sleeping.  I am doing okay.

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

i vaguely remember a movie bout The Madness of King George.  They didn't call it King George III

Strangely enough it was called "The Madness of King George". surprise https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110428/

I found it to be a good movie.  Maybe not exactly historically accurate but an interesting story and good acting, costumes, etc.  

The actor playing King George was the guy who played Sir Humphrey Applebee in "Yes Minister" and "Yes Prime Minister".  (excellent TV shows for thinking people!!! yes)

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Complaint my time at computer is almost over, but non-complaint is that I was able to be at a computer for a bit.

edited September 2019

Just stopping in quickly to say Hi.  I wanted to let everyone know I survived Dorian fine.  All that happened was some difficulty sleeping.  I am doing okay.

Welcome back.  No leaky roof or tree in the living room?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Good to hear. smiley

Welcome back.  No leaky roof or tree in the living room?

wb.

Complaint my time at computer is almost over, but non-complaint is that I was able to be at a computer for a bit.

overlords?

Mystarra said:

Strangely enough it was called "The Madness of King George". surprise https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0110428/

I found it to be a good movie.  Maybe not exactly historically accurate but an interesting story and good acting, costumes, etc.  

The actor playing King George was the guy who played Sir Humphrey Applebee in "Yes Minister" and "Yes Prime Minister".  (excellent TV shows for thinking people!!! yes)

i remember yes minister

was in the friday night line up with waiting for god and keeping up appearances,
    absolutely fab,
    all topped by are you being served

totally lost touch with dr
    dunno who (TEE HEE) WHO # THEY UP TO

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

(excellent TV shows for thinking people!!! yes)

Isn't that Rick and Morty? cool I guess our English teacher must have been a Thinking Person, then?

Gordig said:
    Mystarra said:
    Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

what are pigs supposed to eat?

do they graze?

these farmers should be prosecuted for inhumanity   bahh rayy moo

*Baa ram ewe.

Somebody should be prosecuted.

human pens?

afraid to ask

looks like the waiting area of Penn Station after midnight

brace for impact

seems like i haz to root around in daz studio to figure things out on my own  x.x

my brain not working properly,  have a thought then forgot what i was thinking about

oh yeah alt uvs.  need to separate the deep v off the head / neck move it to the body. seams.

seems to me rather than convert every m4 morph and texture i want to use to g3,  transfer the face rigging to M4.

It's the face rigging i actually after.  also want bones for the adam apple, one to compress diaphram for breathing illusion,

bones on the glutes, cuz they come in all shapes and bounciness

but i hear transferring face rigging doesn't work so well.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited September 2019

I am in a hurricane, the wind is being too loud lol. Trying to watch a blender tutorial over here, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post edited by TheKD on

taking a brain brake to watch grindelwalds

sure hoping they dont use reverse everything to back before it happened again.

• TheKD said:

I am in a hurricane, the wind is being too loud lol. Trying to watch a blender tutorial over here, shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hurricanes and tornadoes are nature's blenders.

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

taking a brain brake to watch grindelwalds

sure hoping they dont use reverse everything to back before it happened again.

A brain brake is something to slow the brain down.  Brain break is what happens if the brain doesn't slow down by taking a brain break.surprise Don't you just love English?frown

This discussion has been closed.