My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• If the electricity goes out and your house doesn't blow away, it's time for an ice-cream party.smiley

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019

What possessed me to decide to put my models in shots of groups of 6 or 7 or 8? One computer blue screened and the other the video driver crapped out. Only this computer is still standing.

I am very shallow. My 1 Genesis 2 chick is ugly. And Genesis "female" makes my Genesis 2 chick look like a goddess.

I need to stop buying female characters. I have 27 and I've only been using Daz since June. No more. No more!!!

I think I need breakfast...

Plus... I've not used my PC+ Coupons yet...

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

A variation upon the "exploding penguin" sketch (my introduction to "Monty Python" via an LP record a friend played for me around 1976)...

Holo-image: "Well, it's just 'round eight o-clock and time for the porg on top of your holo-emitter to explode..."

Sincerely,

Bill

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Redfern said:

A variation upon the "exploding penguin" sketch (my introduction to "Monty Python" via an LP record a friend played for me around 1976)...

Holo-image: "Well, it's just 'round eight o-clock and time for the porg on top of your holo-emitter to explode..."

Sincerely,

Bill

Nice variation...

Introduction via LP... I can’t imagine not being able to see the silly details... I’ve listened to cassettes, but that was long after first watching... 

My introduction was by late night viewing of PBS in 78’ or 79’... I was like “WTF... the cat just blew up in back of that guy...”

Monty Python actually got me interested in Saturday Night Live because there weren’t that many episodes of MPFC being broadcast and the old SNL was in the same vein of humor.

McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Introduction via LP... I can’t imagine not being able to see the silly details... I’ve listened to cassettes, but that was long after first watching... 

Yeah, certainly a different way of experiencing them.  Only being able to hear the skit and not visually observe, I could only imagine was was actually happening.  I envisioned a live bird standing upon the "telly" as two elderly spinsters argue its origin.  When the time came that the Antarctic fowl finally detonated, I heard this robust, thundering blast that finally trailed into silence interrupted by the tinkling of shattered glass.  It sounded tlike the entire side of a building had been destroyed!  Imagine my disappointment when I finally saw the original televised skit a few years later (when HBO had the rights to air the series).  The "penguin" was a plastic, "blow molded" ornament, barely having more detail than a bowling pin.  And when it "exploded", it merely cracked open upon scribed seams a bit like a banana peel as a small puff of smoke deftly rose from the prop.  Whu...?!  Where was the movie style pyrotechnics the BBC Radiophonic Workshop sound effect had implied?!  I was robbed!

Still, when I think of Monty Python, that skit is what first pops into my head.  For many fans, it's the "dead parrot" sketch, but for me, it's exploding penguins!  Hmm, you get the feeling Monty Python doesn't like birds?

Sincerely,

Bill

edited September 2019
    Redfern said:
    McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Yeah, certainly a different way of experiencing them.  Only being able to hear the skit and not visually observe, I could only imagine was was actually happening.  I envisioned a live bird standing upon the "telly" as two elderly spinsters argue its origin.  When the time came that the Antarctic fowl finally detonated, I heard this robust, thundering blast that finally trailed into silence interrupted by the tinkling of shattered glass.  It sounded tlike the entire side of a building had been destroyed!  Imagine my disappointment when I finally saw the original televised skit a few years later (when HBO had the rights to air the series).  The "penguin" was a plastic, "blow molded" ornament, barely having more detail than a bowling pin.  And when it "exploded", it merely cracked open upon scribed seams a bit like a banana peel as a small puff of smoke deftly rose from the prop.  Whu...?!  Where was the movie style pyrotechnics the BBC Radiophonic Workshop sound effect had implied?!  I was robbed!

Still, when I think of Monty Python, that skit is what first pops into my head.  For many fans, it's the "dead parrot" sketch, but for me, it's exploding penguins!  Hmm, you get the feeling Monty Python doesn't like birds?

Sincerely,

Bill

I always thought the absurd cheesiness of the special effects was what made many skits work... the ten ton weight that was just a cardboard box, the cat through the wall that was just a hand puppet, historical re-enactments with cars driving by... 

I was probably nine or ten when I was changing channels after midnight on a weekend and I came across the very weird sound of a cat meowing, which made me stay on the channel... the camera followed two guys walking across a lawn past a fake cat on a wall which immediately got a huge label with an arrow pointing out “CAT”... and seconds later the “cat” exploded, followed by canned laughter... I was baffled and amused and continued to watch... I think that may have been the psychiatrist milkman skit... I'm guessing that if I had not accidentally turned the dial too far, I might not have discovered Monty Python for years.

Post edited by McGyver on

Oh, don't get me wrong.  Yes, the purposefully "restrained" effects ARE part of the charm!  I guess I was at that "jaded teenager" stage, spoiled by the spectacle that was "Star Wars" (no bloody "New Hope" business at that time).  The juxposition of the "robust" sound effect on the LP lead me to believe the televised skit might depict a miniature house exploding (the BBC was pretty good at that kind of stuff) and then we'd cut back to the PepperPots still sitting upon the couch, neither harmed with a still functioning TV amid a pile of smoldering rumble.

In that vein, my rendered comic would conclude with the Porg taking out the DeathStar and the image upon an implausibly still working holo-emitter bragging he has more Force powered clairvoyance than the Sith lord Vader.

Sincerely,

Bill

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited September 2019

Ugh. Got in touch with the amazon.ca vendor that sold me the video card, was expecting to get a prepaid shipping label, and replacement sent. Instead, I have to pay to ship my 2070 super back, they will inspect it, then issue me a return minus the shipping fee I paid if it's broke like I said it is. I am avoiding third party vendors on amazon like a plague from now on. I hope they have the lube ready for the scathing review they get when I have my refund. They better not pull some shady stuff like saying it's not broke and refuse my refund, getting shady vibes from them as it is. After spending what ammounts to most of my summer earnings this year on it, I am almost in thermonuclear mode.

Post edited by TheKD on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874

Aaaaaaargh! I let a scene render overnight, and when I sat down at my computer this morning, I saw that it had rebooted.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

there been a silent wars between cats and keyboards, cats and christmas ...

UGGHHH ...

what are pigs supposed to eat?

do they graze?

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

They eat dead bodies pretty quick. Wait what?

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019

Non-complaint:  Sitting here DAZzing and listening again to Sibelius' Symphony #2.   For me it paints a vivid picture of a heroic, dangerous, journey through the mountains of Scandanavia.   I've gushed about it before so I won't bore you again except to say there is at least one moment in the 4th movement that sends shivers (around 44:10) up my spine as the winds howl around the peaks and through the narrow passageways a few minutes before the hero comes though the last passage in the worsening windstorm and gratefully sees the goal of the journey in the valley below at the end of the piece just as the clouds break.  Main theme of the 4th movement is very whistleable.

Jean Sibelus: Symphony #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAOf46CXaaw

Conductor Leonard Bernstein wears himself out conducting this one.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Gordig said:

Aaaaaaargh! I let a scene render overnight, and when I sat down at my computer this morning, I saw that it had rebooted.

is safer to not have your render rig on the internet.

fif 30 min on exer bike  my legs feel boneless  think i overdids it

added some aerosmith to my exer playlist 
    couldnt stop pedalling 
    walking the dawg woah oah if you doan no hows to do it
    10 inch band dem plays the blues
    when lightning strikes lid gonna blows up in hells kitchen, wah wahh wah

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2019
    Redfern said:

Still, when I think of Monty Python, that skit is what first pops into my head.  For many fans, it's the "dead parrot" sketch, but for me, it's exploding penguins! 

I always think of the Ministry of Funny Walks, or Fawlty Towers. I remember we watched The Kipper and the Corpse in an 8th grade English class. laugh (In high school, our miserable English teacher made us watch Yes, Minister, and he was the only one who thought it was funny.)

This is just a bit of venting that has nothing to do with anything. A few years back, a friend of mine started writing a story that quickly got extremely popular on the forum we used to hang out at. It was really good, and incidentally actually had some Monty Pythonesque dark humour moments. Sadly, my friend lost all passion for it. That happens, I know. Been there. The really sad thing is that he's come to see it as basically the worst mistake of his life. (It's kind of complicated.) He's deleted it and destroyed any backups he had of anything. Talking about it now makes him extremely upset, but I miss that story and wish those of us who followed it for years could reminisce without upsetting him even further. 

Post edited by WinterMoon on
    edited September 2019

Public Service Tip # 762-01B... Don’t vacuum up copious amounts of sugar with a cordless hand vac and forget about it for a couple of humid weeks unless you enjoy chiseling super hard sugar from the dust collector.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,874
    Mystarra said:
    Gordig said:

is safer to not have your render rig on the internet.

It's safer to HAVE a render rig, but that's not the situation I find myself in.

edited September 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh....  Since I no longer have a car, I've been trying to arrange for my pharmacy to deliver my prescriptions so that I don't have to make trips to the city that cost me about $40 round-trip taxi.  Or $2 for the morning bus and $20 return taxi fare or wait 6 hours for the return bussad.  So I fill out their website pages and send them my $51 for a year of delivery service and then go to select my prescriptions to be delivered and discover that they require that I download their f'n "App".  Remember I don't have cell reception here at the house so that's a non-starter because it also requires me to sent a "Text" to start the download process.  I've never sent a sucessful text in my life, despite trying.  Oh, I suppose I could manage it, if I really put my self into it.indecision  

Some time later I find myself in a place where I have enough cell reception to send a text and attempt to  download their f'n App.  First problem is that my ancient tiny smart phone doesn't have enough room.  So, now I have to figure out how to delete apps without crippling my machine.  With some warm fuzzies that I actually accomplished that I finally sent the text again and succeeded in downloading the app, and it actually installed.  So, then of course, bold as hell, I press the new icon on the display and the app begins to load and the phone screen goes black.  And stays black, forever.  Arghhh.....  I hate computers, especially toy ones.angry

My question is:  Why can't the pharmacy let me select my prescriptions from a regular Microsoft desktop computer, and send me email instead of requiring a f'n app.crying  The world has gone app crazy.  I may have to hitch a ride with the Amish buggy that passes here every morning.frown

My suspicion is that my otherwise perfectly functional phone needs to be upgraded ($$), but I still have the no-reception problem.  Life sucks, then you die. frown

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:

Public Service Tip # 762-01B... Don’t vacuum up copious amounts of sugar with a cordless hand vac and forget about it for a couple of humid weeks unless you enjoy chiseling super hard sugar from the dust collector.

I thought we were going to hear about an ant colony in the vacuum cleaner, TBH.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    McGyver said:

Ummm soaking works better then chiseling at least if it's a seperate dust collector that you can get wet without  destroying the electronics ........

edited September 2019
    carrie58 said:
    McGyver said:

Ummm soaking works better then chiseling at least if it's a seperate dust collector that you can get wet without  destroying the electronics ........

An ultrasonic hair blower would be even more efficient at pulverizing and removing the sugar, dust, lint, etc and evenly redistributing it around the room.enlightened

But a sonic screwdriver would  be no use at all. indecision

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170

Complaint:  Arghhh....  Since I no longer have a car, I've been trying to arrange for my pharmacy to deliver my prescriptions so that I don't have to make trips to the city that cost me about $40 round-trip taxi.  Or $2 for the morning bus and $20 return taxi fare or wait 6 hours for the return bussad.  So I fill out their website pages and send them my $51 for a year of delivery service and then go to select my prescriptions to be delivered and discover that they require that I download their f'n "App".  Remember I don't have cell reception here at the house so that's a non-starter because it also requires me to sent a "Text" to start the download process.  I've never sent a sucessful text in my life, despite trying.  Oh, I suppose I could manage it, if I really put my self into it.indecision  

Some time later I find myself in a place where I have enough cell reception to send a text and attempt to  download their f'n App.  First problem is that my ancient tiny smart phone doesn't have enough room.  So, now I have to figure out how to delete apps without crippling my machine.  With some warm fuzzies that I actually accomplished that I finally sent the text again and succeeded in downloading the app, and it actually installed.  So, then of course, bold as hell, I press the new icon on the display and the app begins to load and the phone screen goes black.  And stays black, forever.  Arghhh.....  I hate computers, especially toy ones.angry

My question is:  Why can't the pharmacy let me select my prescriptions from a regular Microsoft desktop computer, and send me email instead of requiring a f'n app.crying  The world has gone app crazy.  I may have to hitch a ride with the Amish buggy that passes here every morning.frown

My suspicion is that my otherwise perfectly functional phone needs to be upgraded ($$), but I still have the no-reception problem.  Life sucks, then you die. frown

No...life sucks, you pay taxes, then you die...then you pay more taxes.

Sorry to hear about all these problems!  I hope you get something sorted out.

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 2019
    Redfern said:
    McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Sincerely,

Bill

...considering the situation I dealt with, this sketch  is still on the forefront of my mind. Actually remembered it from long long ago (as well as teh Spam Spam Spam one and Cheese Shop) as our local PBS channel broadcast Monty Python regularly back in the late 70s.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    Gordig said:

..Windows 10 Home Edition?

Non-complaint:  Sitting here DAZzing and listening again to Sibelius' Symphony #2.   For me it paints a vivid picture of a heroic, dangerous, journey through the mountains of Scandanavia.   I've gushed about it before so I won't bore you again except to say there is at least one moment in the 4th movement that sends shivers (around 44:10) up my spine as the winds howl around the peaks and through the narrow passageways a few minutes before the hero comes though the last passage in the worsening windstorm and gratefully sees the goal of the journey in the valley below at the end of the piece just as the clouds break.  Main theme of the 4th movement is very whistleable.

Jean Sibelus: Symphony #2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAOf46CXaaw

Conductor Leonard Bernstein wears himself out conducting this one.

...still one of my all time favourites.

TigerAnne said:
    Redfern said:

Still, when I think of Monty Python, that skit is what first pops into my head.  For many fans, it's the "dead parrot" sketch, but for me, it's exploding penguins! 

I always think of the Ministry of Funny Walks, or Fawlty Towers. I remember we watched The Kipper and the Corpse in an 8th grade English class. laugh (In high school, our miserable English teacher made us watch Yes, Minister, and he was the only one who thought it was funny.)

This is just a bit of venting that has nothing to do with anything. A few years back, a friend of mine started writing a story that quickly got extremely popular on the forum we used to hang out at. It was really good, and incidentally actually had some Monty Pythonesque dark humour moments. Sadly, my friend lost all passion for it. That happens, I know. Been there. The really sad thing is that he's come to see it as basically the worst mistake of his life. (It's kind of complicated.) He's deleted it and destroyed any backups he had of anything. Talking about it now makes him extremely upset, but I miss that story and wish those of us who followed it for years could reminisce without upsetting him even further. 

...nothing wrong with having a good influence.  Sad he destroyed it.

..yeah, it is sad that so many services assume everyone has the latest SOTA smartphone.  

I refuse to use my phone to transmit any critical information as they are so vulnerable to being wirelessly hacked.

Tjohn said:
    Mystarra said:

UGGHHH ...

do they graze?

..hmm, factory farms.

This discussion has been closed.