My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.
    theres some good old irish curses. curses good for the soul?

dunno what my retirement plan is?

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too.

Difficult to find any actual curses     have some insults instead

Dim gwerth rhech dafad    (Means  worthless, actually translates as  Not worth a sheep's fart   )

Twpsyn    or    Twmffat     (both mean Idiot)

Quite a lot of welsh insults rely on breaking wind or anatomical elements,  so I won't put them here 

Sheep farts... funny.

Will you be listing those welsh insults elsewhere? Just asking for a friend...

Really...

I do have friends... 

Real ones too... not just pineapples with googly eyes glued on them.

Okay, mostly pineapples... but still...

• Complaining non-complaint:  Being without an automobile makes getting heavy or numerous items from the grocery store problematic.  Many trips are required.  I tempered the problem by making arrangements with one of the store employees to drive me and my groceries home.  I walked to the grocery, picked a big cart instead of a small cart, filled it up with heavy and numerous items (stocking up for winter) and got a ride home plus a strong handsome lad to manipulate the bags into and out of the car and even into my kitchen.  Very appreciative tip given.  Now for several months all I have to go the grocery for are consumables like bread, eggs, salad and milk.smiley

Unfortunately, it's blown my budget for the month.  frown  Perhaps next month I'll finally get into the black again.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

read that Elizabeth I was a cusser. and henry viii

she was one ruler who got to die of natural causes?

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

I always mess up English history... like with with Charles the first, I alway think he died from a really bad shaving mishap... William the second fell on an arrow while running with it (it’s why me mum always said “no running with arrows in the house!”), Richard the third was killed by a rose bush, and Edward (the II) Of Carnivores was beaten to death with a toaster in the bathtub (electricity hadn’t been invented yet)... 

Which monarch was mauled to death in their sleep by penguins?

Never mind...  that was something else... I was thinking of U.S. president Franklin Pierce... who after leaving office faded into obscurity and took up alcoholism and penguin wrestling as a hobby... apparently on the night of March 4, 1857, in a drunken haze he wandered down to the penguin pens and unlocked them so he could go inside and shout biblical quotes at them in latin... something he was prone to doing even when sober... shortly after that, he wandered inside his home and fell asleep on the dining table where the attack occurred.  His death led to the state of Massachusetts banning penguin wrestling and the state of New Jersey adopting it... Where it still flourishes today, albeit mostly in seedy back alley penguin wrestling dens.

Did you know that in their youth, both Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Disraeli were both avid penguin wrestlers? Lincoln would abandon it in favor of vampire hunting in 1835… but not before one last professional penguin wrestling match in Paris where he met Disraeli who was working on his novel “The Penguin Wrestler” (later renamed “Contarini Fleming”), a novel described by Disraeli as “the psychological autobiography of a penguin wrestler”... Although they parted ways after the competition, they remained friends until Lincoln fell on a bullet in 1865... it is said that amongst his many quotes was the one he partly borrowed from Lincoln... “Action may not always bring happiness, but true happiness is a greased up penguin”.

I love history.

penguin sledding

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

Dying with your head separated from your shoulders is a natural result of the cause.  Similarly with arrows through vital organs and even hot pokers judiciously applied.  Not dying in such situations would be unnatural.indecision

Nero couldn't have actually fiddled as rome burned, fiddles weren't invented yet?

Marie Antionette?  cant remember who her hubby was.

Mary of Scots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_were_beheaded

Tower Hill was a busy place.  does it still exist?

eek death by shark and crocodilla

Australia

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

the made a broadway play of Percy Jackson  sounds interesting.

Cat Proof Wall Mount Toilet Paper Holder  i is skepticle of the catproofness of this item

What the heck is it dispensing on the side? Looks like no frills pop tarts... don’t eat no frills toilet pop tarts on the toilet...

That dispenser needs a keyboard... but I think the cats would still hack it... 

Percy Jackson the play hu?... and they laughed at the Simpsons “Planet of the Apes- The Musical... staring Troy McClure”

Everything is a play now thanks to Spider-Man.... Waiting for “The Meow Mix Commercial- The Musical”... 

Post edited by McGyver on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too.

Dim gwerth rhech dafad    (Means  worthless, actually translates as  Not worth a sheep's fart   )

Quite a lot of welsh insults rely on breaking wind or anatomical elements,  so I won't put them here 

Sheep farts... funny.

Really...

I do have friends... 

I don't actually need to list them elsewhere,  as Wales on line has done it already

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/21-ways-swear-welsh-much-9557813

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

Dying with your head separated from your shoulders is a natural result of the cause.  Similarly with arrows through vital organs and even hot pokers judiciously applied.  Not dying in such situations would be unnatural.indecision

Nero couldn't have actually fiddled as rome burned, fiddles weren't invented yet?

Marie Antionette?  cant remember who her hubby was.

Mary of Scots

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_people_who_were_beheaded

Tower Hill was a busy place.  does it still exist?

http://www.beenthere-donethat.org.uk/london/towerhill.html

Post edited by Chohole on
  • RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593

McGyver seems to have a particularly keen interest in penguins.  Hmm...

Maybe we should convince DarkSeal to develop and offer a sexy and "anatomically enhanced" DAZ/Poser rigged penguin model for McGyver to enjoy! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Redfern said:

Maybe we should convince DarkSeal to develop and offer a sexy and "anatomically enhanced" DAZ/Poser rigged penguin model for McGyver to enjoy! wink

Sincerely,

Bill

Its the historical significance of penguins, chinchillas and kangaroos that I’m concerned with... those that ignore the past are doomed to watch the repeats... but... um... a scientifically accurate penguin would be nice... for scientific purposes.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677

Just put in a new 2070 super and hooked up my new 1920 x 1080 monitor, about to lose my mind right now. As soon as I hit the windows logo screen, the whole screen artifacts, and the display goes to some tiny resolution that puts scroll bars everywhere. Assuming that means the driver crashed. Tried to open up nvidia control panel, that crashed.  About to use DDU and go back a few driver versions to see if it fixes. I am kinda pissed after paying 1300 for nice new equipment and it not working. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Sheep farts... funny.

Really...

I do have friends... 

I don't actually need to list them elsewhere,  as Wales on line has done it already

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/lifestyle/fun-stuff/21-ways-swear-welsh-much-9557813

oh kewl  cuz i suspect they not pronounced hows smileythey is spelled 

TheKD said:

Just put in a new 2070 super and hooked up my new 1920 x 1080 monitor, about to lose my mind right now. As soon as I hit the windows logo screen, the whole screen artifacts, and the display goes to some tiny resolution that puts scroll bars everywhere. Assuming that means the driver crashed. Tried to open up nvidia control panel, that crashed.  About to use DDU and go back a few driver versions to see if it fixes. I am kinda pissed after paying 1300 for nice new equipment and it not working. GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

That sucks.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    edited September 2019

Yeah, put a couple nice dents in the desk I just built with my flashlight. Not a happy camper lol

Post edited by TheKD on
    edited September 2019

Quitting Skype. for good i think. was fun while it lasted.  people move on.  i don't usually.

i like to hunker down in my comfort spot.

Post edited by Mistara on
    Mystarra said:
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

Sheep farts... funny.

Really...

I do have friends... 

oh kewl  cuz i suspect they not pronounced hows smileythey is spelled 

LL  is difficult.         ch is pronounced like a k in English   y is pronounced like a u  and u is pronounced like a y   w is pronounced like double u  f is pronounced like v   and ff is pronounced how it is in off. dd is pronounced as though you have a lisp   so almost like th   th is pretty much the same as in english   rh  and ph  are aspirated so have the double sound      Ie  at the beginning of a word is pronounced  like a very soft j       Also there is  no z  but s can be substituted in imported words.  also no Q.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    McGyver said:

Grrr... does this happen to anyone else using iOS?…

You make a post, and the forum software saves what you just posted as a second entirely new draft? 

So annoying... if you don’t check and just visit and reply to a post... 

Sometimes it does that with a post after you made it, so after you post there is nothing in the text box, but if you come back an hour later, you find your post there.

And while I’m complaining about the forum software, this is another iOS turdbunkle... You quote a post that is part of a long series of quotes, especially if there are pictures, everything looks fine as you are writing, but the moment you erase a letter, the entire text box jumps to the top of the quotes, from that point on, every letter you type will cause the text box to jump to the top or to what you are typing... so, say you write “cat”... C-jump to top... A-back to sentence being typed... T-back to top... SPACE- back to sentence.

Its psychotic... or at least it makes me more psychotic.

...I'm on W7 and have issues editing long quotes (particularly when the break a quoted post up or have a log thread of previous quotes).  When I try to delete the parts I don't need (Again usually in deeply nested quotes) sometimes the "brackets" for the deleted sections remain and I have to guess which one (using that red line that appears) is the one that needs to go, otherwise I get a string of ("show previous quotes" but with nothing there and sometimes the wrong name is attached to what I intend to quote.

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

...aha!  I knew there must have been another factor involved in the unprecedented decline in the Monarch Butterfly population. Apparently one summer when El Nino was particularly strong and the magnetic poles temporarily went out of whack, it confused their navigation sense and they migrated south to the southern reaches of South America and Australia (both which also have penguin populations) as well as the extreme northern shores of Antarctica during an unprecedented heat wave there.  Penguins of course found the large flocks of brightly coloured insects to be a bountiful feast and a welcome aperitif (as well as midnight sun snack) to compliment their diet of mullets, anchovies, and sardines.

Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

I always mess up English history... like with with Charles the first, I alway think he died from a really bad shaving mishap... William the second fell on an arrow while running with it (it’s why me mum always said “no running with arrows in the house!”), Richard the third was killed by a rose bush, and Edward (the II) Of Carnivores was beaten to death with a toaster in the bathtub (electricity hadn’t been invented yet)... 

Never mind...  that was something else... I was thinking of U.S. president Franklin Pierce... who after leaving office faded into obscurity and took up alcoholism and penguin wrestling as a hobby... apparently on the night of March 4, 1857, in a drunken haze he wandered down to the penguin pens and unlocked them so he could go inside and shout biblical quotes at them in latin... something he was prone to doing even when sober... shortly after that, he wandered inside his home and fell asleep on the dining table where the attack occurred.  His death led to the state of Massachusetts banning penguin wrestling and the state of New Jersey adopting it... Where it still flourishes today, albeit mostly in seedy back alley penguin wrestling dens.

Did you know that in their youth, both Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Disraeli were both avid penguin wrestlers? Lincoln would abandon it in favor of vampire hunting in 1835… but not before one last professional penguin wrestling match in Paris where he met Disraeli who was working on his novel “The Penguin Wrestler” (later renamed “Contarini Fleming”), a novel described by Disraeli as “the psychological autobiography of a penguin wrestler”... Although they parted ways after the competition, they remained friends until Lincoln fell on a bullet in 1865... it is said that amongst his many quotes was the one he partly borrowed from Lincoln... “Action may not always bring happiness, but true happiness is a greased up penguin”.

I love history.

penguin sledding

McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Its the historical significance of penguins, chinchillas and kangaroos that I’m concerned with... those that ignore the past are doomed to watch the repeats... but... um... a scientifically accurate penguin would be nice... for scientific purposes.

...I have a wooden penguin. It used to sit on the top of my telly, which one day back in 2002 blew up, however, even though it fell off, the wooden penguin survived with only a broken foot that was easily remedied with a bit of superglue.

Never bothered to get a replacement telly though, so for now the penguin sits a bookshelf.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited September 2019

I forgot how slow Amazon's free shipping is.  My new SATA hard drive will arrive next week.  The next time I order a computer part I will select regular shipping for $5.

Post edited by starionwolf on
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

...I have a wooden penguin. It used to sit on the top of my telly, which one day back in 2002 blew up, however, even though it fell off, the wooden penguin survived with only a broken foot that was easily remedied with a bit of superglue.

Never bothered to get a replacement telly though, so for now the penguin sits a bookshelf.

Or... perhaps it was an exploding penguin on the telly, eh?… https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Exploding_Penguin_on_the_TV_Set

Maybe it was just 8 o’clock and time for the penguin to explode.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,635
    edited September 2019

Complaint: Expecting high catagory 2 to low catagory 3 hurricane force winds together with 10 or more inches of rain and soundside flooding Thursday night through Friday. Will probably lose power and internet connections for a few days.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170

Complaint: Expecting high catagory 2 to low catagory 3 hurricane force winds together with 10 or more inches of rain and soundside flooding Thursday night through Friday. Will probably lose power and internet connections for a few days.

Stay safe!

Dana

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

That would require the Penguin 8 Pro Bundle.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

...aha!  I knew there must have been another factor involved in the unprecedented decline in the Monarch Butterfly population. Apparently one summer when El Nino was particularly strong and the magnetic poles temporarily went out of whack, it confused their navigation sense and they migrated south to the southern reaches of South America and Australia (both which also have penguin populations) as well as the extreme northern shores of Antarctica during an unprecedented heat wave there.  Penguins of course found the large flocks of brightly coloured insects to be a bountiful feast and a welcome aperitif (as well as midnight sun snack) to compliment their diet of mullets, anchovies, and sardines.

I had a mullet back in the '80s but it vanished overnight. It must have been eaten by penguins while I was sleeping!

• Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

I had a mullet back in the '80s but it vanished overnight. It must have been eaten by penguins while I was sleeping!

Dancing penguin emoticon...want mullet...nowPenguin kiss emoticon

McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Redfern said:

Sincerely,

Bill

Or... perhaps it was an exploding penguin on the telly, eh?… https://montypython.fandom.com/wiki/Exploding_Penguin_on_the_TV_Set

Maybe it was just 8 o’clock and time for the penguin to explode.

...no, it was the telly that exploded during an episode of Xena Warrior Princess., The wooden Penguin on the top survived save for he foot injury.

Tjohn said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

Dancing penguin emoticon...want mullet...nowPenguin kiss emoticon

...Neftis 3D and  3D Celebrity both have  a Mullet hairstyle.

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872
    edited September 2019

Winged and dangerous...

penguin_dynamite.png
    600 x 602 - 256K
    Post edited by Taoz on
    edited September 2019

Stay safe and dry... Remember only turn to cannibalism unless necessary and use lots of honey mustard... people taste like chicken and honey mustard is pretty good on chicken... actually, that sweet chile Thai sauce is a lot better... if you don’t have that, you can mix BBQ sauce with regular mustard, that’s actually not bad... for chicken... for chicken.

Also remember to save some electricity in bottles before the storm and fill your bathtub up with beer in case there is no water for a few days... electricity takes about two weeks to go bad, so don’t worry about it going bad right away unless you leave it out in the sun.

Seriously, stay safe and let everyone know how you are doing as soon as you can... (seriously, I don’t trust these people... they’ll mutiny the minute they notice you are not here)... (maybe not... but they are a shifty lot)... (a bit dangerous I’d say)...

Post edited by McGyver on
This discussion has been closed.