My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited September 2019
    McGyver said:

Complaint... YouTube sucks.

Okay, that’s an over-generalization, but most of it is a stinking clickbait mine field of useless nonsense... 

A little while ago I was looking at some software demo video and when it was done, a bunch of other videos show up in the window where it was... so there is one, titled “Homeowner Makes $11,000 Mistake” and I figured “Okay, why not... let’s see how stupid this is...” 

The “handyman” dude who was doing the video was either a complete amateur or he was just plain stupid... no safety equipment (wearing clogs or something like them while using a chain saw and demolishing a deck), constantly working over himself and wasting effort (and destroying a perfectly good chainsaw)... he split the video into two useless videos and then basically repaired the flaw by returning everything to the exact same situation it was before, but with new stuff... all for lack of a $10 part he chose to neglect adding.

I didn’t have to watch it and I didn’t expect anything from it and it delivered... but it’s amazing how many idiots are out there sharing obviously flawed information with people who won’t know the difference...

I’m thinking of making my own series of DIY videos, but sarcastic/funny... Poking fun at these amateur clickbait imbeciles... “How to avoid disaster and put on socks the right way”... “Avoid making a $10,000 sandwich mistake- Part 1”... “How to really sharpen a pencil... 5 pro tips”...

I think that even if the humor falls flat, it couldn’t be worse than anything trying to be serious.

It's just easier if you remember "people are stupid" and "they're all out to get my money" and roll with the punches.  But on the otherhand it's good complaint fodder. devil

As for making your own DIY video... why not?  There's always room for more humor in the world.  As long as it's not (im)practical (non)jokes.indecision

Somewhere in the vicinity of Monty Python makes a DIY video... only I’m not as funny.  I have to find my “bleeding profusely rig”... Remember the Saturday Night Live /Julia Child skit?... In the 90s my friends and I made a videotape for a friend who moved away to Seattle... it was a news segment about penguin care and adoption... lots of fire, explosions, stuffed penguin violence and spraying fake blood.

Post edited by McGyver on

Why the hell is it so hard to edit a post in iOS?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    McGyver said:
    Chohole said:
    McGyver said:
    scorpio said:
    kyoto kid said:

@ Subtropic Pixel: ...as to those electric rental scooters, I wasn't. Where I live, they are a nuisance and danger to pedestrians the way most people treat them. 

For the disabled they are a god send, perhaps if you are constantly nearly being run over by bicycles and scooters perhaps you need to look to your own behaviour rather than constantly blame someone else.

I think you might be thinking of three wheeled “mobility scooters”... those devices like the Lark or Hoveround, are specifically meant for the disabled... The devices being referred to here are recreational, and not meant for the disabled (you stand on them as opposed to sitting)... they are basically a narrow aluminum board with two four inch tall wheels... a drive wheel in the back, powered by an electric motor, and a steerable wheel in the front attached to a tall handlebar... one stands on it and steers via the waist high handle bar...  these devices can reach speeds of 20 mph (that’s for average rental scooters, individuals can purchase scooters that can go up to 35 mph) whereas the average speed of a mobility scooter is under 10 mph (although one can pimp those rides to go much faster... I believe a German fellow made one that reaches 112 mph on a test track).

And that sort are illegal on public roads and footpaths in the UK    

Electric scooters and the law UK - Micro Scooters Community

The adult electric scooter is powered partly by a battery motor and is therefore classified as Personal Light Electric Vehicle (PLEV) by the Department for Transport (DfT), making it illegal to use on UK roads and pavements. However, it is legal to use them on private land and property.

Hmmm... I’m seeing an opportunity for rocket power in that description... if nobody specifically mentions the use of solid rocket propellant as a means of locomotion, then it’s fair game.

lol   

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019
    Chohole said:
    TigerAnne said:

That dress is from Rendo, I'm p sure, not 'rotica. It's called Steampunk something.

I was actually trying to be a bit sarcastic about the fact the people keep saying  "The site we can't mention" and then specify that the name startes with R  or Rend or something.

We must only speak in euphemisms and inuendo! If you don't they have a big stick! Wait... you're holding a big stick...

I'm quite sure if I do/say/write something that's a no-no some one will tell me politely/harshly/emphatically of my transgression. We're all in this together or something.

EDIT: Apparently my previous quotes were requoted. Or, I'm losing my mind. Or... both.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

remember the Full Monty movie? smiley

he calls himself a fat bastard

i practiced for days to say bastard with a british accent.

is like  bah  stud  unless the r roll is so brief i con't catch it

bah stud in a fake british accent sounds so much more insulting. have to say it so many times it becomes second nature   tee hee

would never call someone fat though, way too insulting.

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited September 2019

There are times when I'm shopping I'll pretend to be Australian. It is a bit awkward when you go back to the same store and they remember you as that Australian chick but you have that SW Ohio/Northern KY noise coming out of your mouth. They think you are mocking them with your horrible fake SW Ohio/Northern KY accent.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    McGyver said:
    i'm obsessed with this outfit... and hair... even the character... luckily i'venot found the outfit (the hair looks similar to something I have).

Not sure what product this was, but that's a stunning promo picture.

I found it. This promo picture is better than the promo pictures trying to sell the outfit. I haven't bought it yet. Gonna have to find a street corner to make my daz dough... "Fresh Pretzels! Get Your Pretzels here!"

kyoto kid said:

another dress... another explosion

...hope not. Leela likes making things go "beeg bada boom", just not her clothing.

The dress I bought yesterday... a new arrival didn't like the pose and "beeg bada boom" ..-ed. (I did not resist... I gave into the sale...)

Dresses and sitting positions don't always mix... I built a neato stool out of primitives even just for the shot.

How are you handling the sitting? Such things are best handled with play-range simutalions, so that you can slide the chair under the figure and if need be have some intermediate poses to make sure no bodybparts pass through each other on their way to the final pose.

UPDATE: I rotated her so her feet were then used memorize bones. Looked like it was going well until 58% in when it exploded. LOL.

WIP002 looks like one of those days when you wake up and it’s like the sheets were trying to eat you while you slept... Which for me is usually one of those times when someone in the house has a major problem... “dad there’s a pterodactyl in the bathroom!!” or “Vic, wake up the refrigerator is fighting the stove!”

Sooo... a typical Tuesday?

i'm obsessed with this outfit... and hair... even the character... luckily i'venot found the outfit (the hair looks similar to something I have).

Not sure what product this was, but that's a stunning promo picture.

I found it. This promo picture is better than the promo pictures trying to sell the outfit. I haven't bought it yet. Gonna have to find a street corner to make my daz dough... "Fresh Pretzels! Get Your Pretzels here!"

kyoto kid said:

another dress... another explosion

...hope not. Leela likes making things go "beeg bada boom", just not her clothing.

The dress I bought yesterday... a new arrival didn't like the pose and "beeg bada boom" ..-ed. (I did not resist... I gave into the sale...)

Dresses and sitting positions don't always mix... I built a neato stool out of primitives even just for the shot.

How are you handling the sitting? Such things are best handled with play-range simutalions, so that you can slide the chair under the figure and if need be have some intermediate poses to make sure no bodybparts pass through each other on their way to the final pose.

I've not done any play-range simulations. I've not figured out anything with movement. I played with puppeteer about a month ago.

I am usually focused on what I want the final image to look like. See attached for approximate look I'm going for. Given the knee placement it may be too complex for the simulation to figure out... Though I have an idea of maybe tilting her clockwise and see how things drop. :)

UPDATE: I rotated her so her feet were then used memorize bones. Looked like it was going well until 58% in when it exploded. LOL.

If it's just going from a memorised pose to the final pose there's a fair chance the left shin is passing through the right, and if there's fabric trapped between them it will explode. You don't need a realistic animation of the her assuming that pose, though the more natural you can make the motions the more natural the end result will be, but if you use a keyframe with the leg lifted, then another with it moved the side, and only then let the knee flex down I think you may get less explody results.

I'm giving it a shot. Sort of LAIG for the moment. First attempt was a "failure" but still kind of glorious. surprise

A waterfall dress!

Dana

a lil further back than the 70s

Betty Boop Red Hot Mamma HD 1934 Animation BANNED! in the U.K. (in 1934 that is)

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    McGyver said:

Complaint... YouTube sucks.

Okay, that’s an over-generalization, but most of it is a stinking clickbait mine field of useless nonsense... 

A little while ago I was looking at some software demo video and when it was done, a bunch of other videos show up in the window where it was... so there is one, titled “Homeowner Makes $11,000 Mistake” and I figured “Okay, why not... let’s see how stupid this is...” 

The “handyman” dude who was doing the video was either a complete amateur or he was just plain stupid... no safety equipment (wearing clogs or something like them while using a chain saw and demolishing a deck), constantly working over himself and wasting effort (and destroying a perfectly good chainsaw)... he split the video into two useless videos and then basically repaired the flaw by returning everything to the exact same situation it was before, but with new stuff... all for lack of a $10 part he chose to neglect adding.

I didn’t have to watch it and I didn’t expect anything from it and it delivered... but it’s amazing how many idiots are out there sharing obviously flawed information with people who won’t know the difference...

I’m thinking of making my own series of DIY videos, but sarcastic/funny... Poking fun at these amateur clickbait imbeciles... “How to avoid disaster and put on socks the right way”... “Avoid making a $10,000 sandwich mistake- Part 1”... “How to really sharpen a pencil... 5 pro tips”...

I think that even if the humor falls flat, it couldn’t be worse than anything trying to be serious.

I would watch them!  I'll be prepared to fall off my chair laughing!

Dana

wouldnt like cutting the hardline with an axe, like electrocute him or something ?cool

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

Betty Boop Red Hot Mamma HD 1934 Animation BANNED! in the U.K. (in 1934 that is)

Speaking of the Andrews Sisters...,  In 1995 during my quit-my-job/buy-a-motorcycle/tour-around-the-US, Canada, and Australia, blow-my-retirement-fund; year-long mid-life crisis, I was in Sydney in front of the aquarium and there was an outdoor stage show that advertised itself as The Andrews Sisters.  Now, I remember The Andrews Systers from the early '50s but couldn't swear that these were the actual people.  And in fact it couldn't have been all of them because one had already died, but the women in this group were older than god and sure did look and sound like the Andrews Sisters that I remembered.  Enough so that I was impressed enough to remember it and relate this story. indecision  Brought back lots of memories, then and now.

OK, edited to add:  I just read the Wikipedia article about the Andrews Sisters and it couldn't have been them in Sydney, but it was a good show anyway.  My memories are unchanged.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Mystarra said:

Speaking of the Andrews Sisters...,  In 1995 during my quit-my-job/buy-a-motorcycle/tour-around-the-US, Canada, and Australia, blow-my-retirement-fund; year-long mid-life crisis, I was in Sydney in front of the aquarium and there was an outdoor stage show that advertised itself as The Andrews Sisters.  Now, I remember The Andrews Systers from the early '50s but couldn't swear that these were the actual people.  And in fact it couldn't have been all of them because one had already died, but the women in this group were older than god and sure did look and sound like the Andrews Sisters that I remembered.  Enough so that I was impressed enough to remember it and relate this story. indecision  Brought back lots of memories, then and now.

OK, edited to add:  I just read the Wikipedia article about the Andrews Sisters and it couldn't have been them in Sydney, but it was a good show anyway.  My memories are unchanged.

great harmonies. 

were they in an abott and costello movie?  barely recall, song about a tisket and picicnic basket

oh boyy found just what my decor is missing

a dragon tp holder  tee hee

found it while ise shopping for a matching shower curtain rug set flutterby motif.  not seeing butterfly tp holder

what the heck dazdevel,hudson

getting an error message in carrara, can't open a new or old scene

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

great harmonies. 

were they in an abott and costello movie?  barely recall, song about a tisket and picicnic basket

Yes they were in an Abbott & Costello movie 1941 "Buck Private" singing their song "Boogie Woogie Boy".

However, the tisket-tasket song is usually associated with Ella Fitzgerald who sang it in the 1942 Abbott & Costello movie "Ride 'em Cowboy".

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

great harmonies. 

Yes they were in an Abbott & Costello movie 1941 "Buck Private" singing their song "Boogie Woogie Boy".

However, the tisket-tasket song is usually associated with Ella Fitzgerald who sang it in the 1942 Abbott & Costello movie "Ride 'em Cowboy".

guess ise confusing them.  think i seen every a&c movie.

chett oh chett  the moving candle.

edited September 2019

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.
    theres some good old irish curses. curses good for the soul?

dunno what my retirement plan is?

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too. 

‘Mallacht mo chait ort’ – My cat’s curse upon you

Droch áird chúgat lá gaoithe

That you may be badly positioned on a windy day

This is so horrible

Buineach dhearg go dtigidh ort

That you may have red diarrhoea

Post edited by Mistara on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    edited September 2019

Has any one heard from Charlie Judge? he's in the path of Dorian.........oh my bad he is staying .....

Post edited by carrie58 on

read that Elizabeth I was a cusser. and henry viii

she was one ruler who got to die of natural causes?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    edited September 2019
    scorpio said:
    kyoto kid said:

@ Subtropic Pixel: ...as to those electric rental scooters, I wasn't. Where I live, they are a nuisance and danger to pedestrians the way most people treat them. 

For the disabled they are a god send, perhaps if you are constantly nearly being run over by bicycles and scooters perhaps you need to look to your own behaviour rather than constantly blame someone else.

...McGyver is correct, I am not talking about mobility scooters or powered wheelchairs. I'm referring to the motorised version of what you used when you were a kid that have been popping up in cities over the last couple years. 

Someone who is disabled would not be using one of these:

As to "behaviour," it is the responsibility of the operator to not ride in a careless, reckless manner so as to pose a danger to others. A vehicle capable of 18 - 20 mph does not belong on the sidewalk, particularly in areas where there is heavy pedestrian traffic. Crikey, I've seen people who were drunk riding them. 

City ordinance here specifically states that these are to only be ridden on the street (they can used designated bike lanes as well).

There are others besides myself who agree the situation is getting out of hand.  If people simply followed the rules, it wouldn't be an issue.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930
    Mystarra said:
    Mystarra said:

great harmonies. 

...indeed:

• I finally managed to get the dress to drape on my cross legged model. Yay me.

Secret technique available for the right price... cool

dee dee dudu  sab a taj aaaah aaaa

edited September 2019

Mystarra said:

dee dee dudu  sab a taj aaaah aaaa

Mission Impossible or one of those curses you were talking about previously?

Post edited by McGyver on

the made a broadway play of Percy Jackson  sounds interesting.

yoga cat paper towel holder?

Cat Proof Wall Mount Toilet Paper Holder  i is skepticle of the catproofness of this item

• Mystarra said:

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

Grrr... does this happen to anyone else using iOS?…

You make a post, and the forum software saves what you just posted as a second entirely new draft? 

So annoying... if you don’t check and just visit and reply to a post... 

Sometimes it does that with a post after you made it, so after you post there is nothing in the text box, but if you come back an hour later, you find your post there.

And while I’m complaining about the forum software, this is another iOS turdbunkle... You quote a post that is part of a long series of quotes, especially if there are pictures, everything looks fine as you are writing, but the moment you erase a letter, the entire text box jumps to the top of the quotes, from that point on, every letter you type will cause the text box to jump to the top or to what you are typing... so, say you write “cat”... C-jump to top... A-back to sentence being typed... T-back to top... SPACE- back to sentence.

Its psychotic... or at least it makes me more psychotic.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

is prolly a sin to pray so hard to curse a whole hospital to hell.  put all of my energy into it.
    theres some good old irish curses. curses good for the soul?

dunno what my retirement plan is?

is there such a thing as long term bed and breakfast? with cats and a tea parlor.  someone eleses cats. lol.

thiking of living at a b&b in Wales.  a place without the letter k.  Welsh must have some good curses too.

Difficult to find any actual curses     have some insults instead

Dim gwerth rhech dafad    (Means  worthless, actually translates as  Not worth a sheep's fart   )

Twpsyn    or    Twmffat     (both mean Idiot)

Quite a lot of welsh insults rely on breaking wind or anatomical elements,  so I won't put them here 

Post edited by Chohole on
    Mystarra said:

Most of them died of natural causes - the exceptions I recall: Charles I was beheaded, Willaim the II (accidentally) shot with an arrow, Richard III died in battle, the prince in the tower (allegedly) murdered, Edward II done in with a hot poker.

I always mess up English history... like with with Charles the first, I alway think he died from a really bad shaving mishap... William the second fell on an arrow while running with it (it’s why me mum always said “no running with arrows in the house!”), Richard the third was killed by a rose bush, and Edward (the II) Of Carnivores was beaten to death with a toaster in the bathtub (electricity hadn’t been invented yet)... 

Which monarch was mauled to death in their sleep by penguins?

Never mind...  that was something else... I was thinking of U.S. president Franklin Pierce... who after leaving office faded into obscurity and took up alcoholism and penguin wrestling as a hobby... apparently on the night of March 4, 1857, in a drunken haze he wandered down to the penguin pens and unlocked them so he could go inside and shout biblical quotes at them in latin... something he was prone to doing even when sober... shortly after that, he wandered inside his home and fell asleep on the dining table where the attack occurred.  His death led to the state of Massachusetts banning penguin wrestling and the state of New Jersey adopting it... Where it still flourishes today, albeit mostly in seedy back alley penguin wrestling dens.

Did you know that in their youth, both Abraham Lincoln and Benjamin Disraeli were both avid penguin wrestlers? Lincoln would abandon it in favor of vampire hunting in 1835… but not before one last professional penguin wrestling match in Paris where he met Disraeli who was working on his novel “The Penguin Wrestler” (later renamed “Contarini Fleming”), a novel described by Disraeli as “the psychological autobiography of a penguin wrestler”... Although they parted ways after the competition, they remained friends until Lincoln fell on a bullet in 1865... it is said that amongst his many quotes was the one he partly borrowed from Lincoln... “Action may not always bring happiness, but true happiness is a greased up penguin”.

I love history.

• Mystarra said:

Dying with your head separated from your shoulders is a natural result of the cause.  Similarly with arrows through vital organs and even hot pokers judiciously applied.  Not dying in such situations would be unnatural.indecision

This discussion has been closed.