My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• Why must I want so much stuff? Grumble...

And apparently my premium membership to a site that I publish naughty stories on is running out... I didn't even know I had a premium membership. But I really need to get my tush in gear and finish some stories...

And why when I tell recruiters how much I was making at my old job do they suddenly seem to lose interest in the conversation?

And... I want to have one of my models hang upside down with long hair... And not look like her hair is full of glue.

1) it's an emotional need, sated only by spiritual revelation.surprise

2) you publish naughty stories? yes

3) business is business.frown

4) put her hair on upside down. enlightenedlaugh

• Why must I want so much stuff? Grumble...

And apparently my premium membership to a site that I publish naughty stories on is running out... I didn't even know I had a premium membership. But I really need to get my tush in gear and finish some stories...

And why when I tell recruiters how much I was making at my old job do they suddenly seem to lose interest in the conversation?

And... I want to have one of my models hang upside down with long hair... And not look like her hair is full of glue.

1) it's an emotional need, sated only by spiritual revelation.surprise

Being creative is my spiritual revelation so you're saying that my emotional need to buy more stuff for my models is a simple need of my spiritual growth.

Yes. Now and then. You probably wouldn't approve. Though I'm really trying to finish some of my science fiction and fantasy stories. The naughty stories are just easier to finish.

3) business is business.frown

And there's no business like show business like no business I know...

4) put her hair on upside down. enlightenedlaugh

I shall experiment.

• EtriganEtrigan Posts: 603

Why must I want so much stuff? Grumble...

Depending in which State you reside, asking you your previous wage has become illegal. A typical response like: I'd rather not say, at this point in the conversation. but, if the salary range is within my requirements I can be negotiable." would be appropriate and at least get you to an interview where you could shine.  Recruiters are hired to get the best talent for the least payout. If it's any condolence, you're previous salary likely meets/exceeds the upper range of the job's pay range. 

• Etrigan said:

Depending in which State you reside, asking you your previous wage has become illegal. A typical response like: I'd rather not say, at this point in the conversation. but, if the salary range is within my requirements I can be negotiable." would be appropriate and at least get you to an interview where you could shine.  Recruiters are hired to get the best talent for the least payout. If it's any condolence, you're previous salary likely meets/exceeds the upper range of the job's pay range. 

I am the one that usually blunders. I treat it too much like a casual conversation and am too honest and easy going perhaps.

I do try to remember to ask the salary range and then say in complete sincerity: "Yes, that's well within my range." I've been overqualified, underqualified, the requisition is on hold, the requisition is canceled, we hired internally, you're too cute to be competent, we are no longer interviewing, and we are no longer accepting applications.

Ok, I made up one of those... though I'm sure it is entirely true! angel

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    edited September 2019

There was an upside down hair, but I think it was for V4.  Can't find it in my promo images anywhere.  I was sure I had it.

Dana

Edit:  Try this one:  https://www.daz3d.com/esidor-hair

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019

Yes. Now and then. You probably wouldn't approve. Though I'm really trying to finish some of my science fiction and fantasy stories. The naughty stories are just easier to finish.

I've been around a long time, you might be surprised at what I would approve.  Or at least not be shocked by. blush  As my Mohawk festooned whipmaster furry icon suggests, I'm a little squirrely and a teeny bit sadistic.devil  Although, I've been equally confortable at either end of the whip.surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTA said:

There was an upside down hair, but I think it was for V4.  Can't find it in my promo images anywhere.  I was sure I had it.

Dana

Edit:  Try this one:  https://www.daz3d.com/esidor-hair

That is some do...

I've been around a long time, you might be surprised at what I would approve.  Or at least not be shocked by. blush  As my Mohawk festooned whipmaster furry icon suggests, I'm a little squirrely and a teeny bit sadistic.devil  Although, I've been equally confortable at either end of the whip.surprise

Well then.. I'm generally against mohawks, festooning, and so on... but I'm not too judgy about it.

• Yeah, festooning can be pretty shocking.  indecision

• How am I supposed to be creative if I fall asleep all the time?

I can't decide what to use my monthly coupon on...

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

is easier than writing witty reparté

my characters are predominantly male, to write in gratuitous naughty i had to make many of them bi
    it's all in a good day's work

How am I supposed to be creative if I fall asleep all the time?

yep awakeness helps

but a writer needs lots of daydreaming time,

is all in a good day's work

• Mystarra said:

yep awakeness helps

but a writer needs lots of daydreaming time,

is all in a good day's work

My dreams are often quite entertaining. Though the narrative is usually about as coherent as your typical hollywood franchise wannabee. I can't remember the last time I had a dream that was actually about me, my life, and so forth. Some of them feel like actual movies.

Correction: the last dream I had about me was a bizzaro work dream where all the jobs and people I worked with jammed into one weird mess. Entertaining but it woke me at 3 am which was annoying.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

...that's what coffee is for.

,..dice are a good executive decision maker.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    edited September 2019

My dreams all seem to take place in an elaborate, consistant alternative world, these days. It's been that way for something like ten years. Everything resembles the real world, but at the same time everything is off. The strange thing is that it's off in the same way (or extremely similar versions) from one dream to the next. For example, if a building I'm familiar with is in the wrong location, it'll generally be in the same wrong location next time I dream about it. Sometimes it feels like I'm living a parallell life, which in all honesty is more interesting than my awake one. When it first started happening, I would wake up thinking "Oh, I had one of that kind of dreams again." Now I seldom and randomly have dreams where things look like they do in reality.

Edit: The "Polybius" render I did last week actually came to me in a dream the night before. I literally dreamt that I was working on that render, twisting the poor guy into that bizarre break-dancing pose and everything. (It's on my thread for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.) Then I woke up and just had to test if it was actually possible, and it sort of was.

Post edited by WinterMoon on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    TigerAnne said:

My dreams all seem to take place in an elaborate, consistant alternative world, these days. It's been that way for something like ten years. Everything resembles the real world, but at the same time everything is off. The strange thing is that it's off in the same way (or extremely similar versions) from one dream to the next. For example, if a building I'm familiar with is in the wrong location, it'll generally be in the same wrong location next time I dream about it. Sometimes it feels like I'm living a parallell life, which in all honesty is more interesting than my awake one. When it first started happening, I would wake up thinking "Oh, I had one of that kind of dreams again." Now I seldom and randomly have dreams where things look like they do in reality.

Edit: The "Polybius" render I did last week actually came to me in a dream the night before. I literally dreamt that I was working on that render, twisting the poor guy into that bizarre break-dancing pose and everything. (It's on my thread for those who have no idea what I'm talking about.) Then I woke up and just had to test if it was actually possible, and it sort of was.

I have dreams like that too... but there are different genres to them...  They are inconsistent with when I have them, but when I have one a little ways into it I’ll recognize which one it is and I’ll continue more or less where I left off months ago...  Most have “story arcs” and when they come to an end there are usually no sequels, further episodes or reruns... which is unfortunate. Some are “puzzle dreams”... there is usually something mysterious that I have to figure out... for example one involved going into a closed subway station, when I went to leave it was a different decade... I could move back and forth through time using different stations exits and entrances, but I couldn’t get back to my own time (early 80s), eventually I figured out there was a pattern and a task I had to complete, once I completed the task (actually three tasks) and followed the correct sequence of portals, I was able to get back, but I knew it was one way, no going back exploring the past... the dream took several years of off and on episodes and it was weirdly accurate about a lot of stuff in NYC’s past that I have no idea how I knew, but even though the dream could be vexing and frustrating, when I was about to go back through the final exit, I wasn’t sure I wanted to... but that was the end of the series when I did.

edited September 2019

..well, a new month and suddenly it's autumn even though there are 11 days to go. Not even going to make it to 70° today with possible rain & thunder. Surprisingly we actually had a tornado warning here yesterday evening. 

Leaves are changing colour early this year.  Makes me wonder if we are not going to get one of those (unusual for here) cold snowy winters where the city gets paralysed for a week or so.

Non Complaint   In our long running D&D 5th ed campaign (yeah, been a geek for along time) which wound up this weekend we literally snatched victory from the "jaws" (or in this case "fangs") of defeat. It looked like it was all over and likely what we call a TPK (total party kill), two powerful vampires and a horde of tough vampire spawn. Yeah, too long a story to go into but sometimes you don't need to have that uber powerful magic weapon (which my character had taken away by a telekinesis spell) that causes radiant damage and sheds sunlight in an area (both which vampires are particularly vulnerable to) to turn the tide.  Sometimes just being in the right place at the proper time with a wooden stake in hand (and a compatriot strong enough to push the lid off the crypt that the biggest baddest vampire escaped into to recover as we did finally get him on the ropes) is all you need. 

[sport]

Also Wisconsin literally rolled over Central Michigan 61 - 0 on Saturday after defeating Southern Florida 49 - 0 the week before.  That's 120 unanswered points in only 2 games. Wisconsin racked up ten times the yardage their opponent did, 599 - 58. and their defence looked extremely good compared to past years.  Next up the first big test against conference rival #10 Michigan who had some difficulty with unranked Army last weekend and had to go into overtime to win.

[/sport]

Post edited by kyoto kid on

non complaint mixed with complaint

the new wings3d is out, it's 64 bit,  it doesn't have the feature from v99.5 i so love

i bought the carrara 1 bible book, the cd comes with bryce 4  lol.  iirc bryce4 was able to import a dxf.  not that i have many of those dxf files, cept on floppy disks.  dunno i has enough of those old floppies to justify a usb floppy drive.

complaint - aging.  bones in my foot, the row across the arch are lumpy.
    years ago i had lovely foots.  prolly coulda been a foot model if i'd thought of it 40 years ago
    i hever wore heels, cuz my gramma's toes were permanently squished all gnarly from a life time of wearing those pointy shoes
    she said it was a sacrifice for wearing pretty shoes.
    i never thought of pointy shoes as pretty.  maybe as weapons when an asshole needed an ass kicking. like grade school guidance councelors.  and of course now i knows from the sorcerer's apprentice, wizards need pointy shoes.

grrr why can i remember a frustration from 44 years ago like it was yesterday?
    i was the first girl at Hicksville Jr High in shop class rather than home eck.  one small victory.
    lost the battle that really mattered tho.  fought for real computers in the computer room.  the Tandy was about 3 grand back then.  they passed off keypunch machines as computers.  hollerith code is so not a programming language.  tried taking "computer programming" at b.o.c.e.s. in my high school days.  keypunching again.  and a lil cobol and rpg, which i finally figured out were report writing langauges.  

when i got my first real job at Grumman, they were using cobol and Fortran.  job was to keypunch up those old sheets with 133 columns.

• Once in a while I have a dream about living in a big city again.  The house is similar to the three story row house I had in downtown Washington, DC, but the corporate and commercial buildings in the area are much taller than in DC and the hills are bigger.  My dream often seems to have me on foot halfway down a long hill and I can't get a taxi and have to walk up the hill so I find little back alleys to wend my way up and come out on major streets I'm not familiar with.  Or sometimes I'll be driving on the freeways through the downtown area (definitely not DC) and work my way out to the suburbs but take a major local road back into the heart of the city.  It's the same layout in every dream.  Nothing bad ever happens except that I feel I know the streets but never seem to get where I want to go because of various distractions.  Odd that I feel that I know the city so well but always end up lost or unable to get home.

edited September 2019

yumm fresh tomatoes and pickles in new releases.

the pa coupie doesn't work on new stuff?

would an advanced human civilization be eating tomato and meats sammiches?

meh
    Excludes new releases, gift cards, FastGrab

is green solvent a sammich condoment?

Post edited by Mistara on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,439
    edited September 2019

Non-complaint:  I've had an old computer that I'd set aside many many moons ago because it started going flakey on me.  I couldn't get it to finish a Windows10 upgrade.  Tried over and over but the display would freakout partway through the update.  I figured it was the video card.  I didn't need the computer so I just abandoned it.  It's a half decent machine (dual core, 8GB, 3TB).  

For the last couple weeks I've found myself upgrading and doing minor repairs on relative's computers so, when I finished the latest one and set it aside to be picked up I looked around for another computer to fix and remembered my old dual-core machine.  I opened it up, reseated all the memory and cards and plugs.  Hooked it up to monitor, keyboard, mouse & LAN and turned it on.  Ran the boot level diagnostic package.  No problems.  So I booted up, logged in as Administrator and initiated a Win10 upgrade.  It was way behind because of being on the shelf for so long so it took all day to get through.  No problems!  Yay! yes  Re-installed and re-licensed my NortonSecurity and ran a full scan.  No problems.  Re-installed and ran  MalwareBytes.  No Problems.  Maybe it's fixed?frown

Not entirely happy that it's fixed because I was thinking of replacing the motherboard with something more modern and start building a better DAZ machine.  Perhaps I'll just spring for a new chassis and build an entirely new machine.  Maybe not.  Still sort of watching my budget despite not having car expenses anymore.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904
    McGyver said:

Some are “puzzle dreams”... there is usually something mysterious that I have to figure out... for example one involved going into a closed subway station, when I went to leave it was a different decade... I could move back and forth through time using different stations exits and entrances, but I couldn’t get back to my own time (early 80s), eventually I figured out there was a pattern and a task I had to complete, once I completed the task (actually three tasks) and followed the correct sequence of portals, I was able to get back, but I knew it was one way, no going back exploring the past... the dream took several years of off and on episodes and it was weirdly accurate about a lot of stuff in NYC’s past that I have no idea how I knew, but even though the dream could be vexing and frustrating, when I was about to go back through the final exit, I wasn’t sure I wanted to... but that was the end of the series when I did.

That's really cool! It reminds me of Life on Mars, in a way. It would make a really good storyline for a TV show or video game. Or even a good-oldfashioned novel to be read! 

Non-complaint:  I've had an old computer that I'd set aside many many moons ago because it started going flakey on me.  I couldn't get it to finish a Windows10 upgrade.  Tried over and over but the display would freakout partway through the update.  I figured it was the video card.  I didn't need the computer so I just abandoned it.  It's a half decent machine (dual core, 8GB, 3TB).  

For the last couple weeks I've found myself upgrading and doing minor repairs on relative's computers so, when I finished the latest one and set it aside to be picked up I looked around for another computer to fix and remembered my old dual-core machine.  I opened it up, reseated all the memory and cards and plugs.  Hooked it up to monitor, keyboard, mouse & LAN and turned it on.  Ran the boot level diagnostic package.  No problems.  So I booted up, logged in as Administrator and initiated a Win10 upgrade.  It was way behind because of being on the shelf for so long so it all day to get through.  No problems!  Yay! yes  Re-licensed my NortonSecurity and ran a full scan.  No problems.  Ran MalwareBytes.  No Problems.  Maybe it's fixed?frown

Not entirely happy that it's fixed because I was thinking of replacing the motherboard with something more modern and start building a better DAZ machine.  Perhaps I'll just spring for a new chassis and build an entirely new machine.  Maybe not.  Still sort of watching my budget despite not having car expenses anymore.

reserection  smiley ressusitation
    i think they hear you when you want to replace it with new

say what?

fluxes?

scatalogical whuh?  like scat?

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,170
    Mystarra said:

meh

Soylent Green?

Dana

this guy a hoot.  tee hee

plus he has the same accent as harry potter

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

meh

Soylent Green?

Dana

obscure movie reference smiley

i love a good pluto joke

Mystarra said:

non complaint mixed with complaint

the new wings3d is out, it's 64 bit,  it doesn't have the feature from v99.5 i so love

i bought the carrara 1 bible book, the cd comes with bryce 4  lol.  iirc bryce4 was able to import a dxf.  not that i have many of those dxf files, cept on floppy disks.  dunno i has enough of those old floppies to justify a usb floppy drive.

complaint - aging.  bones in my foot, the row across the arch are lumpy.
    years ago i had lovely foots.  prolly coulda been a foot model if i'd thought of it 40 years ago
    i hever wore heels, cuz my gramma's toes were permanently squished all gnarly from a life time of wearing those pointy shoes
    she said it was a sacrifice for wearing pretty shoes.
    i never thought of pointy shoes as pretty.  maybe as weapons when an asshole needed an ass kicking. like grade school guidance councelors.  and of course now i knows from the sorcerer's apprentice, wizards need pointy shoes.

grrr why can i remember a frustration from 44 years ago like it was yesterday?
    i was the first girl at Hicksville Jr High in shop class rather than home eck.  one small victory.
    lost the battle that really mattered tho.  fought for real computers in the computer room.  the Tandy was about 3 grand back then.  they passed off keypunch machines as computers.  hollerith code is so not a programming language.  tried taking "computer programming" at b.o.c.e.s. in my high school days.  keypunching again.  and a lil cobol and rpg, which i finally figured out were report writing langauges.  

when i got my first real job at Grumman, they were using cobol and Fortran.  job was to keypunch up those old sheets with 133 columns.

....crikey, sounds like my life almost save for the high heeled pointed toed shoes (would likely have broken my neck wearing those as well as get odd looks form the other guys).  

Ah Fortan, such a nice elegant language that required you use proper programming style and document your software. Nobody seems to document their software anymore, be it individual programmers or software development companies. Back when I was programming in the 70s, documenting was part of the "golden rule".  Now it's all this "script kiddie" stuff which is for the most part "garbage code."

I remember when the Voyager Probe as about to exit the solar system and NASA needed someone to update the code of the on board computer.  In the end they called in a 73 year old retired technician to modify the programme because these kids today no longer can write tight concise code that would fit in the memory of a 50 year old computer which had a slight bit more memory than the HP scientific calculator I used in the 1980s.

edited September 2019
    Mystarra said:

say what?

fluxes?

...Allen Bradley?  They're in my old hometown of Milwaukee, just south of Downtown.  They have the largest four sided clock in the world.

...a "drawn reciprocating dingle arm"?  Sounds like something Marvin the Martian would resort to using in order to destroy the earth after that pesky earth creature stole his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Allen Bradley clock:

Post edited by kyoto kid on
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

say what?

fluxes?

...Allen Bradley?  They're in my old hometown of Milwaukee, just south of Downtown.  They have the largest four sided clock in the world.

...a "drawn reciprocating dingle arm"?  Sounds like something Marvin the Martian would resort to using in order to destroy the earth after that pesky earth creature stole his Illudium Q-36 Explosive Space Modulator.

Allen Bradley clock:

just goes to show, time flows in 4 dimensions.

"Soylent green is people"

This discussion has been closed.