My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• Mystarra said:

plainnt  lot of the unknow caller calls i get on phone, doesnt give me a decline button.  i have to wait for voice mail to kick in

seems like i get a garbage call after i send or receive a text.  are they monitoring cel towers or something?  how do they know when i uing phone?

I use an app that gives me a button to send straight to voicemail.  Or the other place.

DanaTA said:

We're having pizza and donuts tonight!  Pizza first.

Dana

I approve!

Now I'm hungry for tacos.  You didn't even mention tacos, so how does THAT happen?

McGyver said:

I grilled some steaks tonight... it's fun to grill in high winds... now I smell like steak... I think my eyeballs smell like steak too... 

When I was done grilling I took the food inside and cut away the bone and gristle and as per my natural instinct, I proceeded to gnaw the meat off the bone over the sink... I love the fact that at this point my wife who just came home walks into the kitchen and completely ignores that I'm gnawing on the bones like a feral werewolf (not like those sophisticated London werewolves who use napkins) and holds a conversation with me... well, my part of the conversation mostly went like "Murgrph, mmmm, grrr, uh-hu... grrrgrr... grrrr, grrrr... grruph, snarl, crunch... uh-hu..."

That means you married the right one. 

And I hear London Werewolves like Warren Zevon's music.  wink

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

my wrist hurts. i do not approve. also, i need pizza. i demand pizza.

and donuts...

not at the same time thought. that would be gross.

...aww, I think Voodoo Dounughts here in Portland may have a pizza doughnut. 

But yeah,we're weird here. 

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

holee carpe diem batmann  iss winnndeee in Bohemia NY right naos.

nice lady working to starbucks saw  me shiverrin and lent me a sweater. was kind of her 

if i retire to Wales, its always Spring in Cardiff?  no snows?

Not that it's out of character for that place they've had a lot of wacky cashiers... not the least of which was the girl a few years ago who noticed I had stitches in my hand and asked to look at my hand... she reached out and examined my hand and when she found out the cut went through to the other side she was like "Thats soooo cool... it goes through, wow... "  yeah... I was like "Wow" too.

....that's beyond weird even in Portland terms. 

...well FishFryDay dinner was back on. Air fryer is still out of commission, so I made up a batch of Mexican seasoned rice instead.  Complemented the Cajun seasoned fish very well.

Big grocery market trip today,almost bought more than I could carry in my canvas bag and shoulder pack, Some excellent sales for a change that really knocked down the final tab. Pretty much have brekkies covered for most of the month and will be cooking up a big pot of mys special pasta sauce this weekend that should get me through the week.

Yikes 01:25.  better turn in, need to be up somewhat early tomorrow for the Wisconsin game.and afterwards, meeting a friend with a car to take a bunch of stuff to Goodwill that I don't use or have room for.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited October 2019

And I hear London Werewolves like Warren Zevon's music.  wink

Oooowwwoooooh

And chinese takeaway

Post edited by Chohole on
  • kyoto kid said:

and donuts...

That is just unacceptable. Why can't we keep good things their own thing? We don't need to multitask our foods. Enjoy them separately!

• Whine: I need to find a way to save and reuse all the changes I typically make to morphs. And common surfaces settings like wet skin. I spend so much time looking that up again and again. I spend so much time fixing eyebulge and eye lashes... etc etc...

Moan: I think I have carpal tunnel or something going on in my right arm. This is bad.

Winge: I can't seem to find anything to use my PC+ club coupons.

Lament: I'm dragging my feet starting my patreon... I have yet to upload anything.

Grumble: I still only have 46 followers on DA. I need more GROUPS to seed...

Groan: I can't decide if I'm hungry. I do have some mozerrella sticks I could warm up... that might work.

• Whine: are you saving Shaping/Materials presets? Or Character presets for both sahpe and materials.

• Whine: are you saving Shaping/Materials presets? Or Character presets for both sahpe and materials.

I've saved character presets before. But I'm looking for something that could be used on multiple characters.

Is it sad that I'm still discovering features 4 months in?

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I haz fluffy kitty pix... but no can haz upload frum iOSz... 

Kitty no carez... he jus wantz fun.

Lots of leaves fell last night... I guess I didn't realize we didn't have much rain at the end of summer, now leaves went from green to brown no happy yellow or orange... 

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Cat will be harder to find too... Not a problem for me, but he gets a kick out of stalking one of my daughters and jumping on her leg (no claws, just like "Tag! You're it!")... she screams when she is startled (if you have heard an unexplained high pitched scream anywhere on earth, that was probably her)... the kitty finds that immensely satisfying.  I just laugh.

• Non-complaint:  Wheee... my package from Amazon containing my new CPU cooler, Win10-Pro, case fan, and Optane cache memory has arrived at the postoffice!  Yay! smiley

Complaint: My new CPU still has not shipped.  However, they still claim it will be delivered by Monday (10/7).  But I've noticed they don't specify which year.frown

'Nother Complaint:  It's cold outside (50F) and I have to walk a quarter mile to the postoffice, pick up a box, stop at the grocery and get essentials and walk back.  I'm not used to cold yet.no

I've saved character presets before. But I'm looking for something that could be used on multiple characters.

I'm not sure what yu mean by being usable on multiple characters - on different Genesis generations?

I'm not sure what yu mean by being usable on multiple characters - on different Genesis generations?

I mostly use Genesis 8 (or Genesis 3 converted to 8) so it would be characters of the same generation. Just things I tend to repeat every time I load a character: cornea, lashes, mouth realism, reducing ear size. And things I seem to have a hard time remembering: wet look.

• That moment of joy and satisfaction after you spend nearly 3 hours on an image but the more you work on it the more it looks like crap... So you scrap it.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:

Lots of leaves fell last night... I guess I didn't realize we didn't have much rain at the end of summer, now leaves went from green to brown no happy yellow or orange... 

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Cat will be harder to find too... Not a problem for me, but he gets a kick out of stalking one of my daughters and jumping on her leg (no claws, just like "Tag! You're it!")... she screams when she is startled (if you have heard an unexplained high pitched scream anywhere on earth, that was probably her)... the kitty finds that immensely satisfying.  I just laugh.

;eafs falling, acorns falling  what duz this portend?

aww wantz fluffy buttz pics

I mostly use Genesis 8 (or Genesis 3 converted to 8) so it would be characters of the same generation. Just things I tend to repeat every time I load a character: cornea, lashes, mouth realism, reducing ear size. And things I seem to have a hard time remembering: wet look.

OK, then a Shaping or Materials preset (depending what you are saving) and in the options dialogue that opens after you give the file name you can use the hierarchy in the lower half to deselect everything byt clicking the check-box next to the figure name and then selectively add back the things you want to save (or vice versa, but in this case I think you want to have only a few properties so deselect all and then reselect is less effort). The otpion menu button half-way down on the right also has some select/deselect options which may be useful - for example you can select only non-zero properties. Once you have a set of limited presets you can apply them without disturbing any other settings. You can also right-click on them in the Content Library>Create Custom Action and add them to a menu so you can use them without changing the content folder you have open in future.

OK, then a Shaping or Materials preset (depending what you are saving) and in the options dialogue that opens after you give the file name you can use the hierarchy in the lower half to deselect everything byt clicking the check-box next to the figure name and then selectively add back the things you want to save (or vice versa, but in this case I think you want to have only a few properties so deselect all and then reselect is less effort). The otpion menu button half-way down on the right also has some select/deselect options which may be useful - for example you can select only non-zero properties. Once you have a set of limited presets you can apply them without disturbing any other settings. You can also right-click on them in the Content Library>Create Custom Action and add them to a menu so you can use them without changing the content folder you have open in future.

I'll give it a go! Thanks Richard.

McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

...don't mind autumn, winter is my most disliked season as that's when the bone gnomes come out of hibernation t torture me.  It also means higher power bills because I have to run the heat and there is always the risk of icy sidewalks making falling a serious threat. I also don't have the cabinet space to stock up food for a week or more should we get another big snow/ice storm like we had a couple years ago.

my Jamieson broken. 2 shots not warming

filled my cart with sy stuff. havta prune it, but wantz it allll

...I'd contact the manufacturer's home office, though it's 23:20 there right now so I don't think anyone is on duty (probably out at the pub).

kyoto kid said:

...I'd contact the manufacturer's home office, though it's 23:20 there right now so I don't think anyone is on duty (probably out at the pub).

the store clerk a terrible liar, said the j w gold as good as the jw blue, his nose should be out the door what a terrible liar

Whaat?!  Paul McCartney is in  Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales

they didnt call him Sir

edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

the store clerk a terrible liar, said the j w gold as good as the jw blue, his nose should be out the door what a terrible liar

...ah thought you were speaking about Jamieson Irish Whisky there.. 

Yeah, he doesn't know what he's talking about, Johnny Walker Gold Label is about half to one third the price of Blue (which can cost as much as 200$) however both are still blends, not single malts, (I won't even go near Red or Black Label, smells like what I used to clean my oil paint brushes with).  For about the same price as JW gold Label (50$ to 65$) I can get bottle of Ardbeg or Talisker 10 year old single malt which is far superior (Ardbeg is from the Isle of Islay, Talisker is from the Isle of Skye both are my favourites).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

...don't mind autumn, winter is my most disliked season as that's when the bone gnomes come out of hibernation t torture me.  It also means higher power bills because I have to run the heat and there is always the risk of icy sidewalks making falling a serious threat. I also don't have the cabinet space to stock up food for a week or more should we get another big snow/ice storm like we had a couple years ago.

Icy sidewalks...  I remember many decades ago, old people could be seen sporting strap-on spikes on their boots to keep from slipping on ice.  Is that still a thing?  Or are old people just encouraged to fall these days?  This is a problem for me because I have to walk down a significant slope and sometimes it's glare ice and there is no other way to get around it, I have to go over that ice for at least 5 or six feet.frown  Thirty years ago I could make an attempt to jump over the driveway to the other side but jumping is not my thing anymore.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ah thought you were speaking about Jamieson Irish Whisky there.. 

Yeah, he doesn't know what he's talking about, Johnny Walker Gold Label is about half to one third the price of Blue (which can cost as much as 200$) however both are still blends, not single malts, (I won't even go near Red or Black Label, smells like what I used to clean my oil paint brushes with).  For about the same price as JW gold Label (50$ to 65$) I can get bottle of Ardbeg or Talisker 10 year old single malt which is far superior (Ardbeg is from the Isle of Islay, Talisker is from the Isle of Skye both are my favourites).

the blue is like magik, doesnt burn throat at all.  is heat that goes down then shoots up warming whole body.

• kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

It's the ice that made me leave Michigan and Ohio for Indiana.  And Indiana still had ice, so I left for Florida. 

Even though it can be eleventy-thousand degrees here in the summer, there's no ice in the winter except what I might put in my water bottle or float in my highball glass.  So I'm good.  wink

Sonny Crockett said it best.  "You'll find me where the weather is hot and the drinks are cold."  Or something like that.  No, I don't have an alligator as a pet, but there is one that hangs around my front yard, or so the neighbors tell me.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Icy sidewalks...  I remember many decades ago, old people could be seen sporting strap-on spikes on their boots to keep from slipping on ice.  Is that still a thing?  Or are old people just encouraged to fall these days?  This is a problem for me because I have to walk down a significant slope and sometimes it's glare ice and there is no other way to get around it, I have to go over that ice for at least 5 or six feet.frown  Thirty years ago I could make an attempt to jump over the driveway to the other side but jumping is not my thing anymore.frown

My mom had a cane that had a flip-down spikey-thing.  Flip up indoors so the rubber tip can be used.  Flip down when walking to the car.  Or if you have to defend against 2-legged predators.

It was something like this:

https://www.maxiaids.com/ambutech-flip-up-ice-spike-for-support-canes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhaOf68KG5QIVCIzICh3DTge0EAQYAyABEgI-8vD_BwE

I know somebody who ripped up his shoulder falling on the ice.  So bad he needed rotator cuff surgery.  And I know countless people who hurt their knees or fell on their tailbone.  And then there are the countless people killed or maimed on icy roads.  I don't get why people move North in their retirement, unless they plan on not going anywhere from early November thru the first half of June.  frown

• kyoto kid said:

and donuts...

That is just unacceptable. Why can't we keep good things their own thing? We don't need to multitask our foods. Enjoy them separately!

Hey, I used to be able to get pizza bagels in Indiana.  And that was over 20 years ago.  Those crazy farmers!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,174
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

Unfortunately, things like that are very subjective!  Think about it.  Some people love Brussells Sprouts (me), some think they're yucky!  Both are correct...for themselves.

Dana

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,174
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Check out https://www.duenorthproducts.com/   I use a pair when dealing with the driveway.  I bought mine at Lowe's several years ago, but Amazon.com sells some of their products.

Dana

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited October 2019

Complaint:

Watching the original StarGate on Amazon Prime.  There's a scene where four armed guys are hearing a giant space ship hover and land over the pyramid where they are.

And five people rack their slides or cock their rifles. 

And another scene where multiple people, who are supposedly very experienced military personnel, have their fingers on their triggers while just walking...and sweeping their muzzles over their teammates.

What the hell?  I'm very disappointed.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on
This discussion has been closed.