My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Complaint:

Watching the original StarGate on Amazon Prime.  There's a scene where four armed guys are hearing a giant space ship hover and land over the pyramid where they are.

And five people rack their slides or cock their rifles. 

And another scene where multiple people, who are supposedly very experienced military personnel, have their fingers on their triggers while just walking...and sweeping their muzzles over their teammates.

What the hell?  I'm very disappointed.

While missing some proper firearms handling protocols and perhaps a few other things, the show was a very well written one.  I think perhaps better than the movie, which is not usually the case in TV shows made to carry on a good movie.  The character development was very good.  It started on Showtime as an original series, then moved on to the SciFi channel later one, I believe.  It also spawned a couple spin-offs which were also very good.

Sometimes you have to suspend your technical eye in one area and just enjoy the entertainment.  And it was very entertaining.

Dana

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

Complaint:

Watching the original StarGate on Amazon Prime.  There's a scene where four armed guys are hearing a giant space ship hover and land over the pyramid where they are.

And another scene where multiple people, who are supposedly very experienced military personnel, have their fingers on their triggers while just walking...and sweeping their muzzles over their teammates.

Ironically, the language stuff was all handled incredibly well in that movie.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

I haz fluffy kitty pix... but no can haz upload frum iOSz... 

Kitty no carez... he jus wantz fun.

Lots of leaves fell last night... I guess I didn't realize we didn't have much rain at the end of summer, now leaves went from green to brown no happy yellow or orange... 

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Cat will be harder to find too... Not a problem for me, but he gets a kick out of stalking one of my daughters and jumping on her leg (no claws, just like "Tag! You're it!")... she screams when she is startled (if you have heard an unexplained high pitched scream anywhere on earth, that was probably her)... the kitty finds that immensely satisfying.  I just laugh.

...don't mind autumn, winter is my most disliked season as that's when the bone gnomes come out of hibernation t torture me.  It also means higher power bills because I have to run the heat and there is always the risk of icy sidewalks making falling a serious threat. I also don't have the cabinet space to stock up food for a week or more should we get another big snow/ice storm like we had a couple years ago.

Icy sidewalks...  I remember many decades ago, old people could be seen sporting strap-on spikes on their boots to keep from slipping on ice.  Is that still a thing?  Or are old people just encouraged to fall these days?  This is a problem for me because I have to walk down a significant slope and sometimes it's glare ice and there is no other way to get around it, I have to go over that ice for at least 5 or six feet.frown  Thirty years ago I could make an attempt to jump over the driveway to the other side but jumping is not my thing anymore.frown

..."glare ice" that's what we also called it in Wisconsin as it looked like glare on the highway.  Out here they call it "black ice." 

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Lots of leaves fell last night... I guess I didn't realize we didn't have much rain at the end of summer, now leaves went from green to brown no happy yellow or orange... 

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Cat will be harder to find too... Not a problem for me, but he gets a kick out of stalking one of my daughters and jumping on her leg (no claws, just like "Tag! You're it!")... she screams when she is startled (if you have heard an unexplained high pitched scream anywhere on earth, that was probably her)... the kitty finds that immensely satisfying.  I just laugh.

...don't mind autumn, winter is my most disliked season as that's when the bone gnomes come out of hibernation t torture me.  It also means higher power bills because I have to run the heat and there is always the risk of icy sidewalks making falling a serious threat. I also don't have the cabinet space to stock up food for a week or more should we get another big snow/ice storm like we had a couple years ago.

It's the ice that made me leave Michigan and Ohio for Indiana.  And Indiana still had ice, so I left for Florida. 

Even though it can be eleventy-thousand degrees here in the summer, there's no ice in the winter except what I might put in my water bottle or float in my highball glass.  So I'm good.  wink

Sonny Crockett said it best.  "You'll find me where the weather is hot and the drinks are cold."  Or something like that.  No, I don't have an alligator as a pet, but there is one that hangs around my front yard, or so the neighbors tell me.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Icy sidewalks...  I remember many decades ago, old people could be seen sporting strap-on spikes on their boots to keep from slipping on ice.  Is that still a thing?  Or are old people just encouraged to fall these days?  This is a problem for me because I have to walk down a significant slope and sometimes it's glare ice and there is no other way to get around it, I have to go over that ice for at least 5 or six feet.frown  Thirty years ago I could make an attempt to jump over the driveway to the other side but jumping is not my thing anymore.frown

My mom had a cane that had a flip-down spikey-thing.  Flip up indoors so the rubber tip can be used.  Flip down when walking to the car.  Or if you have to defend against 2-legged predators.

It was something like this:

https://www.maxiaids.com/ambutech-flip-up-ice-spike-for-support-canes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhaOf68KG5QIVCIzICh3DTge0EAQYAyABEgI-8vD_BwE

I know somebody who ripped up his shoulder falling on the ice.  So bad he needed rotator cuff surgery.  And I know countless people who hurt their knees or fell on their tailbone.  And then there are the countless people killed or maimed on icy roads.  I don't get why people move North in their retirement, unless they plan on not going anywhere from early November thru the first half of June.  frown

...like I mentioned earlier, If I could afford it Hilo Hawai'i would be my more speed. Lovely old Hawai'ian town where it's 75° - 85° all year long and few tourists because it rains there every afternoon at around 15:00 (you could almost set your watch to that). 

Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I'd contact the manufacturer's home office, though it's 23:20 there right now so I don't think anyone is on duty (probably out at the pub).

the store clerk a terrible liar, said the j w gold as good as the jw blue, his nose should be out the door what a terrible liar

...ah thought you were speaking about Jamieson Irish Whisky there.. 

Yeah, he doesn't know what he's talking about, Johnny Walker Gold Label is about half to one third the price of Blue (which can cost as much as 200$) however both are still blends, not single malts, (I won't even go near Red or Black Label, smells like what I used to clean my oil paint brushes with).  For about the same price as JW gold Label (50$ to 65$) I can get bottle of Ardbeg or Talisker 10 year old single malt which is far superior (Ardbeg is from the Isle of Islay, Talisker is from the Isle of Skye both are my favourites).

the blue is like magik, doesnt burn throat at all.  is heat that goes down then shoots up warming whole body.

...the two I mentioned are "nectar of the gods" and don't cost as much as Blue Label. 

• DanaTA said:

Complaint:

While missing some proper firearms handling protocols and perhaps a few other things, the show was a very well written one.  I think perhaps better than the movie, which is not usually the case in TV shows made to carry on a good movie.  The character development was very good.  It started on Showtime as an original series, then moved on to the SciFi channel later one, I believe.  It also spawned a couple spin-offs which were also very good.

Sometimes you have to suspend your technical eye in one area and just enjoy the entertainment.  And it was very entertaining.

Dana

Yeah, but this is one reason I'm down on Hollywood.  But I have heard that the television series' were pretty good.

Gordig said:

Complaint:

Ironically, the language stuff was all handled incredibly well in that movie.

Well at least they tried to get one part of it right.  And the special effects weren't too bad either.  :)

kyoto kid said:
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

It's the ice that made me leave Michigan and Ohio for Indiana.  And Indiana still had ice, so I left for Florida. 

Even though it can be eleventy-thousand degrees here in the summer, there's no ice in the winter except what I might put in my water bottle or float in my highball glass.  So I'm good.  wink

Sonny Crockett said it best.  "You'll find me where the weather is hot and the drinks are cold."  Or something like that.  No, I don't have an alligator as a pet, but there is one that hangs around my front yard, or so the neighbors tell me.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

My mom had a cane that had a flip-down spikey-thing.  Flip up indoors so the rubber tip can be used.  Flip down when walking to the car.  Or if you have to defend against 2-legged predators.

https://www.maxiaids.com/ambutech-flip-up-ice-spike-for-support-canes?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIhaOf68KG5QIVCIzICh3DTge0EAQYAyABEgI-8vD_BwE

I know somebody who ripped up his shoulder falling on the ice.  So bad he needed rotator cuff surgery.  And I know countless people who hurt their knees or fell on their tailbone.  And then there are the countless people killed or maimed on icy roads.  I don't get why people move North in their retirement, unless they plan on not going anywhere from early November thru the first half of June.  frown

...like I mentioned earlier, If I could afford it Hilo Hawai'i would be my more speed. Lovely old Hawai'ian town where it's 75° - 85° all year long and few tourists because it rains there every afternoon at around 15:00 (you could almost set your watch to that). 

I would think that every place it's 75 year round would be expensive.  Why is that?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

I've heard the temps in Northern California are nice year round.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

kyoto kid said:
    McGyver said:

Blegh, I hate autumn.

Non-complaint:  I lived in Florida for a total of several decades then moved north when I retired back to my hometown in the boondocks of western NY State.  Because it was cheaper to survive here in a proper house (well, half of one anyway) than a trailer park or tiny apartment in Florida that needed heat in the winter, and air-conditioning in the summer, pest control year 'round, and storms that could either flood you or blow your roof off, or just make a kite of your carport every other year.  Yeah, I miss Florida where I could ride for miles on a bicycle along flat land on proper bike trails & lanes, instead of stuck in a bowl half a mile in diameter where this town is serviced by two-lane roads with rocky shoulders the width of a toaster.  I miss taking my shirt off and getting some sun.  I miss the beach and surf.  I miss walking out in the back yard and picking large sweet perfectly ripe and juicy grapefruit from the tree each morning.  I miss the wide vistas across the Indian River Lagoon. I miss the ambience of sunsets behind palm trees as the temperature becomes comfortable.  I miss DisneyWorld & Universal Studio, I miss Orlando, Tampa, Ft. Lauderdale and Key West.indecision  

Speaking of alligators, one was removed from my Florida neighborhood a hundred yards from our door.  Also, one summer when I regularly bicycled 7 miles to the multiplex cinema I noticed a big o'l 'gator in the pond behind the theaters (yeah, parents; drop your kids off at the theater and trust that they don't wander back to the pondsurprise). I don't miss battling coral snakes and water moccasins in the garage.  I don't miss walking into 5-foot wide spider webs strung between trees.  Spiders in the garage are OK but are fair game in the house.  Green Anoles (native Florida "chameleons") on the orange tree outside the window were cute and fun to watch giving sex displays (the anoles were giving the sex displays, not me).  Eagles and hawks and even Great Horned Owls flew around the city.  Spotted the owl sitting on the roof ledge of the hospital, watching for mice in the vacant field during dusk.  Florida was wonderful for me but too expensive compared to this place.

Complaint:  That being said... now without a car, and living in a northern wilderness, I am trapped in this bastion of rural conservative mentality.frown  I used to escape in the car to small islands of civilization like Chautauqua, Buffalo or Erie or even Pittsburgh to rekindle my hope for mankind.

'Nother Complaint:  Trapped as I am, in this picturesque but stagnant and isolated little town without my car, I can't get to a half decent restaurant weekly anymore.  It has helped my waistline but not my demeanor.  However, there is one almost tolerable restaurant in town.  Two actually but they are in the two bars in town.  I don't like going to either because neither has their restaurant separated from the bar and the yokels at the bar apparently never learned about their indoor voice.  I'm forced to put up with the loud  drunken whooping and bellowing from the men and the shrieking and cackling from the women.  One of the town bars is for the low-lifes (those who have been to jail and curse and swear and are prone to belligerence in public) the other is for the tame locals.  It's open only Friday and Saturday nights.  Their menu is 90% fried food and specialize (like all bumpkin restaurants in this area) in fried fish on Friday.  I tried their steaks but was sorely disappointed.  Fortunately though, they do have grilled salmon, so there is at least one thing I can eat that won't kill me immediately. 

So, to get on with my story...  I go in last night really looking forward to grilled salmon.  I put in my order, get my drink from the bar eat my stale bun and work my way through the salad and then the waitress comes out and says that the cook has determined that the salmon "is off" (i.e. beyond its prime).  Well, I appreciate them not trying to push it onto me despite its diseased condition but that left me with only one thing left on the menu, hot roast beef sandwich, which turned out to be tolerable but like every gravy sauce in this area was loaded with salt.  I think one could preserve pickles in it.sad  I had a whole week's ration of salt in that one meal.frown

And yes, in the winter I hole up here for weeks at at time even when I had a car but now, without a car I'll have to be very careful about making that quarter-mile walk to the grocery store and postoffice during icy conditions.

Non-complaint:  Without a car I won't have to dig my car out of 4 feet of snow.  Yay!yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Wow.  Thank you for that.  I would dislike living in your town.

Mental Note #5268:  Budget for (and fund) heating, air conditioning, gator and snake removal, and personal transportation in retirement.  Work at least another few years after earliest retirmeent age and bank that money so that I don't have to move North just to retire.  Possible added options include keeping the old beater another year or two, reducing monthly subscriptions by another one or two, and don't take up drinking, vaping, or morning/afternoon lattes.  And keep cooking my own salmon at home. 

At least the tacos won't need to be eliminated.  Yet.  cheeky

Normally I'd be depressed.  But I'm a motivated planner.  laugh

• Major non-complaint:  Yay!  My new CPU has finally shipped from Amazon.  They claim it will be delivered tomorrow (Monday) but somehow I doubt that because it's coming by USPS instead of UPS.  Perhaps by Tuesday I'll be motivating electrons to dance in my new computer.  Yay! smiley

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

I am trapped in this bastion of rural conservative mentality.frown  I used to escape in the car to small islands of civilization like Chautauqua, Buffalo or Erie or even Pittsburgh to rekindle my hope for mankind.

I think this is probably the first time ever I hear anything good about Pittsburgh. Where you live must be pretty bad if Pittsburgh seems like hope for humanity in comparison. And here I've always thought upstate NY was supposed to be a great place. (But then again, "rural and conservative" is pretty much my native world, and I am a very demotivational person.)

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...I'd contact the manufacturer's home office, though it's 23:20 there right now so I don't think anyone is on duty (probably out at the pub).

the store clerk a terrible liar, said the j w gold as good as the jw blue, his nose should be out the door what a terrible liar

...ah thought you were speaking about Jamieson Irish Whisky there.. 

Yeah, he doesn't know what he's talking about, Johnny Walker Gold Label is about half to one third the price of Blue (which can cost as much as 200$) however both are still blends, not single malts, (I won't even go near Red or Black Label, smells like what I used to clean my oil paint brushes with).  For about the same price as JW gold Label (50$ to 65$) I can get bottle of Ardbeg or Talisker 10 year old single malt which is far superior (Ardbeg is from the Isle of Islay, Talisker is from the Isle of Skye both are my favourites).

the blue is like magik, doesnt burn throat at all.  is heat that goes down then shoots up warming whole body.

...the two I mentioned are "nectar of the gods" and don't cost as much as Blue Label. 

thanks.  i'll look for  Ardbeg or Talisker  my next trip. too chill out to go without

sigh  pruning the mrs chow and mabel bundles reduced my cart total significantly
    the sy nebulae not going to do much in carrara, pruned another 10 bux

progress

i need some river dance poses

• What I want to know is how my render settings got changed. I usually render in Ultra HD but it got flipped to Full HD.

• What I want to know is how my render settings got changed. I usually render in Ultra HD but it got flipped to Full HD.

Render settings, by default, load with scenes - and then, for size, stick in newly created scenes.

Render settings, by default, load with scenes - and then, for size, stick in newly created scenes.

Yup, I think it was because I had been messing with an old scene last night. Didn't realize I had the lower resolution. Still kind of amazing that it rendered so fast. :)

edited October 2019

non complaint  watched a he mann episode they showed prince adam in his jammies. lol

tee hee tee hee hee, kinda looked like a cheerleader outfit  so cute

the episode with the shaper rod.  evil-lynn

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited October 2019
    Tjohn said:

I've heard the temps in Northern California are nice year round.

...if you are referring to Humboldt County (Eureka/Arcata) and the Redwoods area, yeah it is more like Oregon and not quite as expensive as the big cities further to the south, No risk of snow and ice either. Thought about that, but then I'd have to live a year there without the supplemental support I get here until I gained residency. 

Getting there is a pain though as Running Dog abandoned their direct Oregon/California coastal route (no connections) so you have to connect first in Sacramento and then Oakland before heading back north.  Sad as the old route was one of the few actually nice bus rides I've been on (used to attend the Eureka Kite Festival every year) because it travelled along the central and southern Oregon coast and through part of Redwood country when it got into California.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Perhaps I should save my other PC+ coupon for a new sale.

So many outfits I want...

So many hairp pieces I want...

So many things...

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited October 2019

Tried to do something that didn't work. Nothing to see here. Move along...

Post edited by TJohn on

Perhaps I should save my other PC+ coupon for a new sale.

So many things...

..PC sale should be beginning soon.

• kyoto kid said:

Perhaps I should save my other PC+ coupon for a new sale.

So many things...

..PC sale should be beginning soon.

Today apparently... Not much within my scope though. I put some things in my cart but they aren't MUST haves.

We'll see how it goes though! :)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Wheee... miracles do occur.surprise  My new CPU has arrived at the local postoffice.  Yay! yes   Now, to wait for a break in the rain before they close at 1:00 PM frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Non-complaint:  Wheee...  Have retrieved new CPU from postoffice.  Have installed CPU and cooler.  Have powered on.  Hard drives and DVD drive recognized.  Electrons are dancing!  Yay! smileyyes

Win10-Pro is being installed.  Wheee...yes

contemplating walking to the carvel

need motivation to get up and go out

chapters playin in my head, which dont count tili i write it down.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I'm too busy to reinstall my Daz Studio runtime library.  Maybe I can download Genesis and a few clothes Friday night.

• Non-complaint:   Yay!  Installation of Win10 going smoothly, updates happening quickly.smiley   Also, I've discovered that alcohol works fine for removing the black goo (alien black slug snot) that I've managed to dot my desk area with.yes  

Slight Complaint:  I'd replaced a motherboard before but I had never bought a new CPU chip before.  I didn't know that they came with a default cooler.surprise  So, now I've got an extra cooler taking up space in my parts bin.frown  I went ahead and used the slightly bigger one I'd purchased separately.  It's got LEDs in it. Oooh fancy!indecision  But I didn't hook them up.  My case isn't transparent.  Waste of 'lectrons.

Mystarra said:

contemplating walking to the carvel

need motivation to get up and go out

chapters playin in my head, which dont count tili i write it down.

..we used to have Carvel in Milwaukee when I was growing up. 

edited October 2019

...agh, did a BYOB in the PC+ sale and in my cart it comes to over 78$ instead of 2.99$.  Several others are experiencing the same issue. A number of PC+ items are also showing with the full list instead of PC+ price.  Not sure what's going on.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

i making blueberry cornbread pancakes, from scratch cheeky

non stick pans dont non-stick like they used to

This discussion has been closed.