My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

Mystarra said:

do dragons purr? too

squirrel tail cat teasrs

i can feel the cold draft coming in that open window

...yeah my old cat Fatboy would exhibit many of those traits (save for the curled tail as he was a Manx). I had to always keep a thick folded towel or blanket  handy as when he jumped up on the lap and begin kneading, I could even even feel it through heavy jeans.  (he was a big kitty).

edited October 2019

Double post.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited October 2019

lol  with a name like fatboy, would assume he was hefty smiley

oh dear, i eat apples evry week.  i assuming they man the stuff that makes apples shiny.  no mention of gmo tomatoes. i eat 2 eggs 3 times a week.  stopped diet soda several years ago.
    figured out processed meats, i call em deli meats only a few months ago.
    i try to talk people out of using jarred sauces. on the sodium content alone

not surprised by the cheese news.

surprised about nanas

Post edited by Mistara on

..yeah he was big both in frame and muscle instead of fat. (the name comes from my favourite Harley Davidson-Motorcycle). As a kitten he had very huge paws which I knew meant he was going to be big.

Don't have any pics of him to post as he passed on before I finally got a smartphone (no digital camera).

This is sort of what he looked like.

...while I agree with foods like artificial sweeteners, and eggs (have a mild allergy to the yolks) going veggie/vegan, as I sensed from the theme of the video, is not the answer as I still need a concentrated source of iron and protein (and not going to substitute meat and poultry with a fist full of vitamin supplement pills every day). 

...and nobody, nobody better take away my bacon.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

Apparently this technology or internet ban was for my good in some twisted point of view in my opinion.

• kyoto kid said:

...while I agree with foods like artificial sweeteners, and eggs (have a mild allergy to the yolks) going veggie/vegan, as I sensed from the theme of the video, is not the answer as I still need a concentrated source of iron and protein (and not going to substitute meat and poultry with a fist full of vitamin supplement pills every day). 

...and nobody, nobody better take away my bacon.

Not to start a controversy or anything, but there are actually a lot of folks who have reverted back to omnivorism from vegetarianism or veganism.  It's a thing that doesn't get a lot of publicity.  Each person is different of course, but many people starting out as vegans/vegetarians feel better for the first several years, but often health will decline.  And they don't realize until 20+ years later that they're in trouble with serious digestive or joint damage.

I am blessed, I think; because I love veggies, salads, carbs, all sources of food, AND meat.  I don't eat meat at every meal, but I do eat veggies raw or cooked at nearly every meal.  And I never deny myself an occasional steak sandwich (or poultry, fish, or "other"). 

All things in balance and moderation, that's my motto.  Except for bacon.  Meat candy that's what that stuff is!

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Complaint:  Goo.  Black goo. angry  I've been working with this old HP desktop computer and every place I set it down it sticks momentarily when I go to move it again.  That in itself was curious but not show stopping or worry inducing.  HOWEVER, today, unable to tinker on the insides of the computer until Monday, I took the time to investigate the outside of it.  I discovered that when adequate light and proper eyeglases are employed it can be seen that everywhere that the computer has been set on its "feet" are little specks of black goo.frown  Really really thick, sticky, stubborn, yucky, black goo.  It seems that the rubber that used to be the feet of this computer has devolved into alien black slug snot.  I had to get a razor blade and carve the goo from the bottom of the case.  It was no mean feat (pun intended) to do so.  The stuff would grab onto my razor blade like a bulldog with a rubber bone and refuse to be cut.  It would just curl and bulge but quite thoroughly glue itself to the razor blade.angry

But in the end I did finally get 99% of the goo removed.  the remaining 1% is, unfortunately, still mightily sticky.  I'm thinking that the only way to resolve this is to find something that will dissolve the stuff.  Or perhaps I could cut a piece of felt and glue it over the bottom of the foot areas of the case.enlightened Normally I'd drive to the hardware store and buy some new "feet" for it but there's no hardware store in this town and I don't have a car anymore.indecision

Now the problem is locating all the places where that computer has been set in the last few days and finding a way to remove the black goo specks. sad

Edited to add:  I remember a product called "Goo Gone" and thought I had a bottle but I can't find it.  Maybe it was just a dream.frown

Edited to add to the added edit:  Ah ha, found it!  "Goo Gone" is real.cool  Found it at Amazon.  A quick Google also indicates that its active ingredient is highly concentrated citrus something.  Perhaps a little lemon juice would help me.enlightened  Now, if I only had some lemons.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

Apparently this technology or internet ban was for my good in some twisted point of view in my opinion.

technology is a job skill, and so is the internet.  half my day job is researching SDS sheets on the internet.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

LG it's citrus oil in Goo Gone that helps it remove sticky stuff try vaseline ,baby oil even cooking oil to work off the sticky stuff then just clean the surfacewith soapy water and dry

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173

Complaint:  Goo.  Black goo. angry  I've been working with this old HP desktop computer and every place I set it down it sticks momentarily when I go to move it again.  That in itself was curious but not show stopping or worry inducing.  HOWEVER, today, unable to tinker on the insides of the computer until Monday, I took the time to investigate the outside of it.  I discovered that when adequate light and proper eyeglases are employed it can be seen that everywhere that the computer has been set on its "feet" are little specks of black goo.frown  Really really thick, sticky, stubborn, yucky, black goo.  It seems that the rubber that used to be the feet of this computer has devolved into alien black slug snot.  I had to get a razor blade and carve the goo from the bottom of the case.  It was no mean feat (pun intended) to do so.  The stuff would grab onto my razor blade like a bulldog with a rubber bone and refuse to be cut.  It would just curl and bulge but quite thoroughly glue itself to the razor blade.angry

But in the end I did finally get 99% of the goo removed.  the remaining 1% is, unfortunately, still mightily sticky.  I'm thinking that the only way to resolve this is to find something that will dissolve the stuff.  Or perhaps I could cut a piece of felt and glue it over the bottom of the foot areas of the case.enlightened Normally I'd drive to the hardware store and buy some new "feet" for it but there's no hardware store in this town and I don't have a car anymore.indecision

Now the problem is locating all the places where that computer has been set in the last few days and finding a way to remove the black goo specks. sad

Edited to add:  I remember a product called "Goo Gone" and thought I had a bottle but I can't find it.  Maybe it was just a dream.frown

Edited to add to the added edit:  Ah ha, found it!  "Goo Gone" is real.cool  Found it at Amazon.  A quick Google also indicates that its active ingredient is highly concentrated citrus something.  Perhaps a little lemon juice would help me.enlightened  Now, if I only had some lemons.frown

When reading this post, I thought of Goo Gone.  I have some.  It smells like orange more than lemon and it is orange colored.  It works great for a lot of gooey things!  I've used it to remove price stickers and other types of stickers that have made a home on the bottom of a glass or mug, or other things.

Dana

• You may also be able to try WD-40.  That dissolves a lot of things.

Gandalf is an official disturber of the peace

plainnt  lot of the unknow caller calls i get on phone, doesnt give me a decline button.  i have to wait for voice mail to kick in

seems like i get a garbage call after i send or receive a text.  are they monitoring cel towers or something?  how do they know when i uing phone?

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

My staff took away the tablet. I am just using the computer lab to say what is going on but I have to get off now.

edited October 2019

Non-Complaint:  Wheee..., I've reached another goal in my weight loss battle.yes  I always try to weigh myself nearly naked & empty after morning deposits and ablutions and before eating or drinking anything for breakfast.  This gives me a relatively stable point of reference.  I've been battling to slip under yet another "tens" marker.  This morning I was right at the current "tens" mark that I've been hovering in for 6 months, but today I had not yet made my full deposit.  So, after making the deposit I am certainly down into the next "tens" range.  Yay!smiley

Not having a car and being unable to go to a decent restaurant twice a week for good meats, rich sauces and large baked potatoes with sour cream has, I'm sure, helped.indecision  No more Friday morning breakfasts with a huge plate of ham, eggs, English Muffin w/peanut butter, and fried potato chunks.  No more bi-weekly trips to the donut shop.  No more indulgence at the drugstore candy counter.  No more ice cream sundaes at the summer fruit market.  No more Wendy's "Frosties".  No more snacks at the Tuesday morning junk auction.sad

And, I'm sure, the bi-weekly walks to the local postoffice and grocery store had a hand in this miracle.surprise

And to celebrate I share with you a quick sprint in piano land:  Franz Liszt: "Hungarian Rhapsody #2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H99FM6S8rU

(Yes, it's the Bugs Bunny one!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqGEeymMzQM

Non-Complaint:  Wheee..., I've reached another goal in my weight loss battle.yes  I always try to weigh myself nearly naked & empty after morning deposits and ablutions and before eating or drinking anything for breakfast.  This gives me a relatively stable point of reference.  I've been battling to slip under yet another "tens" marker.  This morning I was right at the current "tens" mark that I've been hovering in for 6 months, but today I had not yet made my full deposit.  So, after making the deposit I am certainly down into the next "tens" range.  Yay!smiley

Not having a car and being unable to go to a decent restaurant twice a week for good meats, rich sauces and large baked potatoes with sour cream has, I'm sure, helped.indecision  No more Friday morning breakfasts with a huge plate of ham, eggs, English Muffin w/peanut butter, and fried potato chunks.  No more bi-weekly trips to the donut shop.  No more indulgence at the drugstore candy counter.  No more ice cream sundaes at the summer fruit market.  No more Wendy's "Frosties".  No more snacks at the Tuesday morning junk auction.sad

And, I'm sure, the bi-weekly walks to the local postoffice and grocery store had a hand in this miracle.surprise

And to celebrate I share with you a quick sprint in piano land:  Franz Liszt: "Hungarian Rhapsody #2https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7H99FM6S8rU

(Yes, it's the Bugs Bunny one!) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WqGEeymMzQM

momma mia momma mia  be elzabob ?

edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Wheee...  Amazon has shipped another part of my new computer.  The new case fan, CPU fan, and Optane cache memory will arrive tomorrow at the postoffice.  Yay! yes

Complaint:  But the CPU itself is still in limbo and not yet shipped.  Boogers!sad

NewComputer20191004.jpg
    1067 x 800 - 107K

holee carpe diem batmann  iss winnndeee in Bohemia NY right naos.

nice lady working to starbucks saw  me shiverrin and lent me a sweater. was kind of her 

if i retire to Wales, its always Spring in Cardiff?  no snows?

• my wrist hurts. i do not approve. also, i need pizza. i demand pizza.

and donuts...

not at the same time thought. that would be gross.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173

We're having pizza and donuts tonight!  Pizza first.

Dana

• DanaTA said:

We're having pizza and donuts tonight!  Pizza first.

Dana

I approve!

• RedfernRedfern Posts: 1,593
    edited October 2019

I always try to weigh myself ...after morning deposits... So, after making the deposit I am certainly down into the next "tens" range.  Yay!

Translation:  "He took a big ol' sh..."

Rest of forum:  "Thank you, Bill!  I think we get the idea.  No need to elaborate!"

Sincerely,

Bill

Post edited by Redfern on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited October 2019

Teen Raven 8 looks cute.  I'll add her to my wishlist.  https://www.daz3d.com/teen-raven-8

Post edited by starionwolf on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:

nice lady working to starbucks saw  me shiverrin and lent me a sweater. was kind of her 

You have to be joking     https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=winter+in+Cardiff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ_fe2zIPlAhXMOcAKHXQoBxEQ_AUIESgB&biw=1440&bih=694

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

You have to be joking     https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=winter+in+Cardiff&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiJ_fe2zIPlAhXMOcAKHXQoBxEQ_AUIESgB&biw=1440&bih=694

What you really have to worry about in Cardiff is being attacked by giants.

Tjohn said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:

What you really have to worry about in Cardiff is being attacked by giants.

thought Cardiff was South

my retirement place will need a fireplace. or one of those belly stoves

some stress relief, frustration relief

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I grilled some steaks tonight... it's fun to grill in high winds... now I smell like steak... I think my eyeballs smell like steak too... 

When I was done grilling I took the food inside and cut away the bone and gristle and as per my natural instinct, I proceeded to gnaw the meat off the bone over the sink... I love the fact that at this point my wife who just came home walks into the kitchen and completely ignores that I'm gnawing on the bones like a feral werewolf (not like those sophisticated London werewolves who use napkins) and holds a conversation with me... well, my part of the conversation mostly went like "Murgrph, mmmm, grrr, uh-hu... grrrgrr... grrrr, grrrr... grruph, snarl, crunch... uh-hu..."

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:

It was windy here too... branches and leaves everywhere.

No kind ladies lent me a sweater... which would be super weird if they did... but a weird old cashier at the grocery store told me to hold onto my receipt in case they stop me on the way out... I was like "Whaaaa? " and she says "Well, they have surveillance cameras and you don't wanna get stopped... I tell that to everyone..."   Seriously, everyone?  Man, I must have looked shady to her or something... but seriously WTF.

Not that it's out of character for that place they've had a lot of wacky cashiers... not the least of which was the girl a few years ago who noticed I had stitches in my hand and asked to look at my hand... she reached out and examined my hand and when she found out the cut went through to the other side she was like "Thats soooo cool... it goes through, wow... "  yeah... I was like "Wow" too.

McGyver said:

I grilled some steaks tonight... it's fun to grill in high winds... now I smell like steak... I think my eyeballs smell like steak too... 

When I was done grilling I took the food inside and cut away the bone and gristle and as per my natural instinct, I proceeded to gnaw the meat off the bone over the sink... I love the fact that at this point my wife who just came home walks into the kitchen and completely ignores that I'm gnawing on the bones like a feral werewolf (not like those sophisticated London werewolves who use napkins) and holds a conversation with me... well, my part of the conversation mostly went like "Murgrph, mmmm, grrr, uh-hu... grrrgrr... grrrr, grrrr... grruph, snarl, crunch... uh-hu..."

fluffy bottom find you smelling delicious?  lol

This discussion has been closed.