My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

..sounds like the coating is wearing off.

I just go with cast iron and tossed the remaining coated cookware many years ago as that stuff eventually flakes off into your food and you eat it. Many of those coatings are made with some pretty nasty chemicals (particularly Teflon).

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

no wants pam spray on my food either

spac3 1999 was 20 years ago.  glad to see we still haz a moon

what would the werewolfs do without it?

what would cats catterwail to?

no lunar elipseses

thinkin bout using amazon prime to watxh the twilight movies.
    afraid it will sux, and not meaning vampire sux

i need some inspirations for morphing into dragons, like special effects.  sparkles and shimmering, like the new fangled transporter beamings

the prime merlinian doesnt need a ring

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    kyoto kid said:

...agh, did a BYOB in the PC+ sale and in my cart it comes to over 78$ instead of 2.99$.  Several others are experiencing the same issue. A number of PC+ items are also showing with the full list instead of PC+ price.  Not sure what's going on.

try again now

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719
    edited October 2019

Why doesn't YouTube have a "Stop showing me your abyssmal 'recommendations' and just display a totally random selection" button ?

Post edited by 3dcheapskate on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175

Why doesn't YouTube have a "Stop showing me your abyssmal 'recommendations' and just display a totally random selection" button ?

yes

Dana

DanaTA said:

yes

Dana

...yes as well. 

• kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:

yes

Dana

...yes as well. 

yesyesyesyesyes

(I'm not telling where I got the extra 3 thumbs... the previous owners won't miss them.)

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

yes LG

Although, I've found that if you go to the "Search" function and try to think up something random to search for you'll get a few days of recommendations divorced from your long established and now nearly exhausted line of interest.  Unfortunately the weight of your years of viewing cat videos quickly damps out your puny side trip into cucumber farming.frown

"nearly exhausted line of interest"... OMG I've reached the end of the Internet! surprise

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

do the walk of life  ooo hoo 

how do you get rid of a cricket?  old jiminy woke me out of a sound sleep like 5 times last night.

old people need their sleep or we get cranky and grumpy.  not sure what the difference is

cranky commanders, grumpy captains

doh  mrs chow and mabel don't give each other discount in cart together

yoo cant al ways get yoo wa aant

edited October 2019

Complaint:  The audio on my new system hasn't seemed to work yet.  Headphones don't respond, even a little. frown  Having to find the end of the input plug of my amplified speakers so that I can enjoy untangling it and routing (i.e. stretching) it to the new computer.  Also, apparently installing Optane cache memory isn't "Plug&Play" and involves drivers and BIOS settings too.cheeky  Still researching Intel website and studying ASUS motherboard manual (again).indecision

Non-complaint:  While doing this I have (of course) beautiful music playing in the background (through YouTube on the television because the computer speakers are otherwise occupied)  Right now I'm re-enjoying Vasily Kalinikov's 1st symphony:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVakXOkE2G4  particularly the 2nd movement starting at 14:25.  Oh, so wonderful! heart  I've gushed about this symphony before, but am paying particular attention to the 2nd movement this time.  Ooh, Eastern mystery music.yes

Complaint:  The audio on my new system hasn't seemed to work yet.  Headphones don't respond, even a little. frown  Having to find the end of the input plug of my amplified speakers so that I can enjoy untangling it and routing (i.e. stretching) it to the new computer.  Also, apparently installing Optane cache memory isn't "Plug&Play" and involves drivers and BIOS settings too.cheeky  Still researching Intel website and studying ASUS motherboard manual (again).indecision

Non-complaint:  While doing this I have (of course) beautiful music playing in the background (through YouTube on the television because the computer speakers are otherwise occupied)  Right now I'm re-enjoying Vasily Kalinikov's 1st symphony:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVakXOkE2G4  particularly the 2nd movement starting at 14:25.  Oh, so wonderful! heart  I've gushed about this symphony before, but am paying particular attention to the 2nd movement this time.

have you tried talking into the mouse?  ...  hello compewwterr

pour some sugah on steev armageddon it  gleetin

steev walks warily down the street 

• hmmm... i have zero inspiration... AH... it's Tuesday. that explains it.

edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

Non-complaint:  While doing this I have (of course) beautiful music playing in the background (through YouTube on the television because the computer speakers are otherwise occupied)  Right now I'm re-enjoying Vasily Kalinikov's 1st symphony:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVakXOkE2G4  particularly the 2nd movement starting at 14:25.  Oh, so wonderful! heart  I've gushed about this symphony before, but am paying particular attention to the 2nd movement this time.

I was going to, but transparent aluminum has already been invented.surprise  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride  Who says time travel isn't real? 

Non-complaint: Whatever I did, has resolved my audio problem.  Rear "line-out" connector and front "headphone" connector now working properly. Yay!  YouTube audios & videos work OK.smiley

Complaint:  Playing a DVD movie doesn't work.  There is a player that came with the Windows10-Pro but it complains about possible screen resolution errors.  The software app's name is "InterActual" and I've found it to be a piece of crap in the past so I deleted it and will not worry about playing DVDs on the computer because I haven't done it in 5 years anyway.  If I need to, I have a couple other DVD player apps that I could dig out of my archives, or even (horrors) buy.indecision

Mystarra said:

I was going to, but transparent aluminum has already been invented.surprise  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aluminium_oxynitride  Who says time travel isn't real? 

Non-complaint: Whatever I did, has resolved my audio problem.  Rear "line-out" connector and front "headphone" connector now working properly. Yay!  YouTube audios & videos work OK.smiley

Complaint:  Playing a DVD movie doesn't work.  There is a player that came with the Windows10-Pro but it complains about possible screen resolution errors.  The software app's name is "InterActual" and I've found it to be a piece of crap in the past so I deleted it and will not worry about playing DVDs on the computer because I haven't done it in 5 years anyway.  If I need to, I have a couple other DVD player apps that I could dig out of my archives, or even (horrors) buy.indecision

the kids using vlan vlc https://www.videolan.org/vlc/download-windows.html to play dvd on win10  

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I don't think I have ever used Windows Media player to play audio or video.  I use VLC player too.

i hacked my own registry to use the win7 photo viewer.
    no idea what the wi kids are using to view the webp nonsense.

havent found a way to add the dvd codec to win10 media player.

what is the great pumpkin exactly?

every year is the same thing, it a no show

is it a pumpkin head man?  a pumpkin with a kibgly crown?

is it a creature that steals all the candy from trick or treaters?

was curious whatever happened to marylin mansom

watched a bunch interviews

he's very smart, thinks out his answers to questions, doesnt let them bait him

would love him for president.

edited October 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh... Optane is majorly confusing.sad  Not intuitive at all.  Too many gotchas, drivers, BIOS settings, versions, incompatabilities, and reported errors that corrupted OS's.  The confusion out there on the web is deafening.surprise  I've given up and removed my Optane stick which I was never able to even get to the point of it being recognized for to even perform the initialization.  Grrrr...angry

Non-complaint:  The stick of Optane memory that I got was "renewed" and only $17 for 16GB.  It was an interesting experiment but my ancient brain ain't gonna chase that rabbit 'round the field no more.  Gonna wait until a shotgun is availablel. devil

mebbe a firmware update for your bios?  to recognize the stick

edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:

mebbe a firmware update for your bios?  to recognize the stick

Been there, done that. sad  It helped but the rabbit still outran me.frown

I consoled myself by peeking in at an online auction for minerals.  I won two items.  1) three little pieces of gold ore.  2) a nice little rough crystal of naturally blue topaz*. smiley  Ooh, my precious!

Reserves were low and shipping costs were low and nobody bid against me.  Cool!cool

(*Note:  I already have a similar sized piece of brown topaz so now I have nice examples the two types.yes)

GoldOre.jpg
    698 x 768 - 53K
    BlueTopaz.jpg
    525 x 600 - 20K

i ordered my new non stick pzn, amazon said is delivering tomorrow, how that possible?

I don't think I have ever used Windows Media player to play audio or video.  I use VLC player too.

...I use it a lot. Another reason I don't like W10 as they replaced it with the one LG mentioned.

Mystarra said:

i ordered my new non stick pzn, amazon said is delivering tomorrow, how that possible?

...are you a Prime member? 

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,700
    edited October 2019
    kyoto kid said:

...I use it a lot. Another reason I don't like W10 as they replaced it with the one LG mentioned.

No they didn't. I have Win10 Pro and Windows Media Player is there.

WMP.png
    286 x 488 - 107K
    Post edited by zombietaggerung on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    kyoto kid said:

It's nt there in my Start Menu, but it looks like maybe you pinned it to the menu.  It is on the computer.  I just typed in the search area and got it up in a second!  However, I quite like the new default player, I find nothing wrong with it, and I think it looks a bit more modern, in a good way.

Dana

• DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

It's nt there in my Start Menu, but it looks like maybe you pinned it to the menu.  It is on the computer.  I just typed in the search area and got it up in a second!  However, I quite like the new default player, I find nothing wrong with it, and I think it looks a bit more modern, in a good way.

Dana

That is the start menu, it's all the way down at the bottom under "W". Not actually one of my pinned apps. I don't use it enough for that. Maybe it's beacuse of how I have my start menu set up, Apps list on and Start Full Screen off.

This discussion has been closed.