My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

@chohole:  170 year old stone house!  I guess you don't run cable inside the wall very often.surprise

I know there are a lot of old houses over there.  But even over here in the new world we have a few places that old.  This town I'm in was founded in 1805 and the back half of the house I grew up in was 130 years old when the town had its sesquicentennial (150 years) celebration back in 1955 so that would make the house (now owned by my brother) to be about 194.  Admittedly the house above the basement has always been wood and has been added on to, and repaired, over the years but the basement is still the original locally quarried stone.  But the back part of the house under the new flooring and new wallboard & ceilings is still the original hand hewn beams & cut lumber for studding cut from the old growth forest that still existed in this area back then.  You can hardly drive a nail into those old beams.  One of the old growth trees still grows in the front yard.  There are a handful of those old trees still left in town.  Well over 200 years old, tall straight massive slow growth pines.  It would make a perfect Christmas tree for Rockefeller Center in NYC.  I've watched that tree grow for almost 70 years and it seems no bigger than it was when I was still learning to walk.  The only way you can tell it's bigger is that the sidewalk has been nudged sideways an inch or so.  All the ancient oaks that I remember from my childhood have rotted internally and died off but the slow growth pines around town are all doing just fine.

One of the ways you can tell when you're getting old is when you look at a big tree like a maple or something and remember when it was planted.  Or you look at a stand of good sized trees and remember when the land was bare.frown

But then I look at those old, seemingly unchanged, slow growth pines and realize why Ents took so long to say their name.

And while I'm musing about trees...  If you ever get a chance, do NOT pass up the opportunity to go see the giant Redwoods in the US Northwest.  A very humbling experience.yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,173
    edited October 2019

@chohole:  170 year old stone house!  I guess you don't run cable inside the wall very often.surprise

I know there are a lot of old houses over there.  But even over here in the new world we have a few places that old.  This town I'm in was founded in 1805 and the back half of the house I grew up in was 130 years old when the town had its sesquicentennial (150 years) celebration back in 1955 so that would make the house (now owned by my brother) to be about 194.  Admittedly the house above the basement has always been wood and has been added on to, and repaired, over the years but the basement is still the original locally quarried stone.  But the back part of the house under the new flooring and new wallboard & ceilings is still the original hand hewn beams & cut lumber for studding cut from the old growth forest that still existed in this area back then.  You can hardly drive a nail into those old beams.  One of the old growth trees still grows in the front yard.  There are a handful of those old trees still left in town.  Well over 200 years old, tall straight massive slow growth pines.  It would make a perfect Christmas tree for Rockefeller Center in NYC.  I've watched that tree grow for almost 70 years and it seems no bigger than it was when I was still learning to walk.  The only way you can tell it's bigger is that the sidewalk has been nudged sideways an inch or so.  All the ancient oaks that I remember from my childhood have rotted internally and died off but the slow growth pines around town are all doing just fine.

One of the ways you can tell when you're getting old is when you look at a big tree like a maple or something and remember when it was planted.  Or you look at a stand of good sized trees and remember when the land was bare.frown

But then I look at those old, seemingly unchanged, slow growth pines and realize why Ents took so long to say their name.

And while I'm musing about trees...  If you ever get a chance, do NOT pass up the opportunity to go see the giant Redwoods in the US Northwest.  A very humbling experience.yes

I'm amazed at how much the trees in my yard have grown.  Even the arborvities out front.  In the back I have two red maples and one white oak.  I have a hook that I screwed onto one maple and hung a thistle feeder on it.  I can't remove it, now, without damaging the tree.  The bark has grown over the base that is against the tree.  We bought the house in 2001.

Dana

Post edited by DanaTA on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,877

$6/lb at Fred Meyer (or Meyer's, or Kroger, depending on where you are in the country). I opened one bag about 15 minutes ago, and it's already half gone. I think I might like these even better than the Wonderful ones.

IMG_5635[1].JPG
    3264 x 2448 - 2M
  • kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

[sport]

...bugger Milwaukee lost to Washington 4 - 3 in the NL wildcard game.  Their closer botched yet another save. The announcers did mention that Milwaukee was getting the"short end" when it came to calls by the Umpires. .Having watched the game, I concur.

Sad when you have to play two opponents instead of just one.

[/sport]

• I keep rendering the same scene over and over again... Because I can't get the blanket to look fluffy without clipping through part of the model. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

I still can’t upload an image to the forums in iOS... 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,872

I keep rendering the same scene over and over again... Because I can't get the blanket to look fluffy without clipping through part of the model. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  - Albert Einstein 

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    McGyver said:

fluffy bottom pic?

me three  gave up and xferred to pc  on pc seeing image is 4mb  thaz a lotta dawg

dawg.JPG
    4032 x 3024 - 2M

nutter butter craving

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  Wheee... more of my computer parts arrive today, (the actual CPU chip and the new Win10-Pro OS).  Yay!yes

Complaint:  It's being delivered by the postal service (USPS) instead of truck to my door by UPS.  Which means I have to walk to the postoffice and walk back with a package (hopefully not too large).  That, in itself, isn't too bad but the weather looks iffy.  Thunderstorms predicted after 11:00AM and the package won't arrive until after noon.frown

Non-complaint: I've gutted my old misbehaving HP computer and installed my previously arrived motherboard.  I've connected some of the old front panel sockets (two USB2 ports, and a headphone jack and a microphone jack) I still have a frontpanel "Firewire" socket but can't find a place to connect it to the motherboard.  Does it require a special connector or is it the same as a USB2 ?  Also not sure where to connect the leads from the front panel memory chip array.  Finally, I'm not sure where the case power switch&light can be plugged into this motherboard.  I can't find a clearly labeled or documented header spot on the motherboard.

I made one mistake in my purchases.  While resesarching CPU coolers I found what I needed but when I jabbed at the catalog to order it I poked at the wrong item.sad  I didn't notice my mistake until unboxing my goodies.   The part box is unopened and conveniently Amazon Prime members can get free return of parts by simply requesting return authorization and dropping the part off at a local UPS store where they will box and ship it for freeyes if you show them the authorization notice 2D-barcode thingie on your smartphone (21st century magicsurprise) Yay!  Now all I have to do is find a way to get to a UPS store in the next 30 days.frown

The correct CPU cooler has now been ordered and is on its way.  I'm in no major hurry to complete my new computer.  This is the first time I've attempted a full build (I replaced an identical HP motherboard once but that was a no brainer and doesn't count).  I'm taking it slow and reading everything and slurping up YouTube videos about all relevant technology (I was about a decade behind the times.)

This new motherboard has two M.2 sockets and one supports Optane memory.cool  The features of this board give me a lot of wiggle room to grow for the next 5 years.  I could quadruple my RAM memory up to 64GB, I could add a 1TB M.2 NVME SSD.​  I could add an Optane memory cache.   I could add a nice video card.  And I could even upgrade from an i5 to an i7 CPU.  I'm quite happy with this little mATX board.  It fits properly in the old HP chassis, has enough room for a good sized video card (when I'm able to get one).  I bought a significant CPU cooler (air).  I don't game and I'm not running overclocked and I don't have a room-heating video card so I'm not too worried about heat.  But I will have to monitor heat carefully because the old HP case wasn't designed for a lot of fans and has no room for a watercooler radiator.  I have bought new variable speed fans to replace the existing single-speed ones,  but if heat becomes a problem, I'm not adverse to someday buying a proper new case.  It would be like an insect shedding it's skin. smiley

I did buy a new powersupply but based on computer calculated power requirements for my specific components I didn't need to.  A few years ago I had replaced the original HP 300w powersupply with a CoolMax 500w powersupply, but for this new machine I bought a new Corsair 650w PS with modular cables.  If the old 500w PS works out OK in the next 30 days I might return the new (unopened) 650w PS and put the money toward something like an 800w PS in the future.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Taoz said:

I keep rendering the same scene over and over again... Because I can't get the blanket to look fluffy without clipping through part of the model. 

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.  - Albert Einstein 

I never claimed to be sane... *insert appropriately insane emoji*

sky diving hair styles

• Mystarra said:

sky diving hair styles

Peter was the heart and soul of X-Force.

Mystarra said:

sky diving hair styles

Peter was the heart and soul of X-Force.

lol

isnt that a little derivative?

ooo chukka

learning on you tube that cats aren't as graceful as they'd like us to think they are/  its all pr

• Mystarra said:

learning on you tube that cats aren't as graceful as they'd like us to think they are/  its all pr

Blasphemy! Those are dangerous words. Or feline overlords know all and see all. There may be punishments.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    Mystarra said:

sky diving hair styles

Deadpool 2.

Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:

fluffy bottom pic?

me three  gave up and xferred to pc  on pc seeing image is 4mb  thaz a lotta dawg

You are having problems uploading pix too, right?… Have you upgraded to iOS 13 yet?

Curious if this could be an issue... Maybe 12 no longer works with forum software...

I just read about some of the changes with iPadOS (dumb name, but whatever) apparently it’s pretty much the same version of safari as on a Mac, so it should work like a computer when on the internet... Also finally one can use external memory with an iPad now... (possibly with iPhones too)

I guess I’ll upgrade later today... gah... I hate getting used to new OSs but hopefully this will be better in the long run.

edited October 2019
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:

fluffy bottom pic?

You are having problems uploading pix too, right?… Have you upgraded to iOS 13 yet?

Curious if this could be an issue... Maybe 12 no longer works with forum software...

I just read about some of the changes with iPadOS (dumb name, but whatever) apparently it’s pretty much the same version of safari as on a Mac, so it should work like a computer when on the internet... Also finally one can use external memory with an iPad now... (possibly with iPhones too)

I guess I’ll upgrade later today... gah... I hate getting used to new OSs but hopefully this will be better in the long run.

i on 12.4.1  have auto updates off

the external mem for iphone i looked at all say for pictures.  doesn't work for music files.

Post edited by Mistara on

my dawg too red and fatigues.  nutter butters crash.  i should keep an insulin pen at work. 

• My wishlist is getting out of control again... I need a sugardazzy... laugh

I crack myself up...

My wishlist is getting out of control again... I need a sugardazzy... laugh

I crack myself up...

laugh  I thought that was pretty funny!

Dana

• DanaTA said:

I crack myself up...

Dana

You're free to use it of course...

Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:

fluffy bottom pic?

the external mem for iphone i looked at all say for pictures.  doesn't work for music files.

Well, it’s still good if you take a lot of photos and don’t use the “cloud” (or can’t because of lack of cell service like if you are lost in the Bermuda Triangle or stuck on Skull Island)... for me, it’s great because I can drop my Sculptura and Sketchbook files directly onto a flash drive instead of emailing them or doing horrible Airdrop to the MacBook (which is very old)... 

The prospect of using the “Sidecar” feature to allow the iPad to function as a graphics tablet for a Mac is kinda exciting and something I’ve been waiting for since some company showed off a proof of concept demo doing that with Zbrush... there’s not a lot of info on how that works yet, but one video I saw glossed over it while showing it being used with a painting program... The idea of being able to use 3D Coat with my iPad would make me consider buying a new iMac or Mac mini... 

DanaTA said:

I crack myself up...

Dana

It wouldn't work for me.  I'm a guy.

Dana

• DanaTA said:
    DanaTA said:

I crack myself up...

Dana

It wouldn't work for me.  I'm a guy.

Dana

A sugardazzy can be either/or/both. Probably.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

I have some complaints.  I am asked to turn in this LG android tablet.  I  am not sure why I am under a technology ban but that does not include taking away my fire smart tv, my bluray player or my Roku.  I get to keep my stupid phone.  I am trying to figure out what is going on but the only one who knows what is going on is not talking to me for some reason.

Today I went to Claire's because last week they had a fitness tracker but apparently they only had one but it got sold already.  I went to a watch kiosk at the mall on the second floor.  Their fitness tracking watches were too expensive at this time.  So I went to Belk and asked if they had any cheap FitBits.  They did not have any fitbits but they have some iFitness bands on sale which made it cheap enough for me. Before I left the mall, I took it out of its box to find out that it needed to be charged a bit.   When I got home Ilooked for the app for it on this LG tablet.  They did not have one for Android tablets so I felt discouraged.  I took a shower and thought about returning the watch since it needs an android phone, iPhone or iPad.  After my shower I looked closely at the box and saw that the app works on android down to 4.4 I think.  I checked my stupid phone I am allowed to keep and saw that it has Android OS 4.4.4 or something like that. I had to remove my weather app in order to use the ifitness app, but it sort of works which is a plus.

The fitness watch has two bands, one red and I think the other one is navy blue.  I am currently wearing the navy blue one.  I just checked by putting my wrist under my lamp and it is navy blue.

Back to the technology ban or whatever it is. I am not sure about the rules or anything about it.  I cannot seem to reach the person who set it up.   I might be off tthe interent again soon because I think it is more of an internet ban but I am not sure.  It seems okay for me to watch Netflix and YouTube and keep my ancient phone.  This tablet is not the newest version of anything but it works.  Again I am not sure what is up.

I probably should use my October coupon soon.   Does anyone have any link to show only DO but no PC items?  I still do not have access to my computer but if someone has that link I can use my coupon before this device is taken away.

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:
    McGyver said:

fluffy bottom pic?

Well, it’s still good if you take a lot of photos and don’t use the “cloud” (or can’t because of lack of cell service like if you are lost in the Bermuda Triangle or stuck on Skull Island)... for me, it’s great because I can drop my Sculptura and Sketchbook files directly onto a flash drive instead of emailing them or doing horrible Airdrop to the MacBook (which is very old)... 

The prospect of using the “Sidecar” feature to allow the iPad to function as a graphics tablet for a Mac is kinda exciting and something I’ve been waiting for since some company showed off a proof of concept demo doing that with Zbrush... there’s not a lot of info on how that works yet, but one video I saw glossed over it while showing it being used with a painting program... The idea of being able to use 3D Coat with my iPad would make me consider buying a new iMac or Mac mini... 

i been perusing the refurbs for a mac mini, want to run final cut pro x.

encabulator accessories 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

The high temperature today is 94 degrees F.  Wow

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,105

Figured out that the symbol I saw on my new watch is a bluetooth symbol not anything else.  I just found the button to activate the display to show the time.

I did remember that today is the day to get the weekly freebie and monthly PC freebie so I got them when I could.

This discussion has been closed.