My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

I don't think I have ever used Windows Media player to play audio or video.  I use VLC player too.

...I use it a lot. Another reason I don't like W10 as they replaced it with the one LG mentioned.

No they didn't. I have Win10 Pro and Windows Media Player is there.

It's nt there in my Start Menu, but it looks like maybe you pinned it to the menu.  It is on the computer.  I just typed in the search area and got it up in a second!  However, I quite like the new default player, I find nothing wrong with it, and I think it looks a bit more modern, in a good way.

Dana

..interesting when W10 came out I heard they replaced it with something new that you had to get from the app store.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

I don't think I have ever used Windows Media player to play audio or video.  I use VLC player too.

...I use it a lot. Another reason I don't like W10 as they replaced it with the one LG mentioned.

It's nt there in my Start Menu, but it looks like maybe you pinned it to the menu.  It is on the computer.  I just typed in the search area and got it up in a second!  However, I quite like the new default player, I find nothing wrong with it, and I think it looks a bit more modern, in a good way.

Dana

..interesting when W10 came out I heard they replaced it with something new that you had to get from the app store.

it doesnt come with codec to play a dvd

• i've misplaced my glasses. dare use old old old contacts? or do i sit far from my desk and try to work on projects?

Sting has money for nuthin and chicks for free

remember his butterfly in Dune?  tee hee 

1st real 6 string ohoh summer of 69

why do they add sugar to beet juice, so rediculous.
    tis the season for fresh cranberries. those kinda bitter.

raw crispy spinach leaves are tasty sith side of fresh cole slaw.

reading this  https://www.stylecraze.com/articles/effective-home-remedies-for-eye-floaters/

dunno, putting castor oil in my eyes, is a strong icky poo reflex to overcome.

there must be something that goes good with fresh beets. it's not a peanut butter solution,

jasmine rice is a fixer upper for fresh red bell peppers.

feeling a craving for mahkani sauce. i like it on the jasmine or basmati rice.  they give chixen with mahkani sauce by default.  dunno if can ask hold the chixen just give the sauce and rice.

fresh saffron is spensive.  yellow rice is a tasty holiday trest.

and Tommys holding in what he used to make it talk so tough
    wooooah half way there, livvvin on a prayer

praying for helop with my vision, can't put my faith in castor oil and beet juice

• finally looking over today's sales... i'm in slo-mo today...

wow, asked siri the weather in Cardif. is 57F and raining.

thats exactly the weather here in bohemia.  soggy

finally looking over today's sales... i'm in slo-mo today...

i guess the big product today is poppy.  seeing a banner.

dont think they mean poppy the sailor mann.

• Mystarra said:

she could be a sailor... though more likely a sailor scout than a sailor man.

she's cute but i'm not into those ears, don't have Kanade, and i'm on a tight budget.

nothing expresses happiness like googilly ayes

Mystarra said:

she could be a sailor... though more likely a sailor scout than a sailor man.

she's cute but i'm not into those ears, don't have Kanade, and i'm on a tight budget.

this month would be a good time for them to bring out Mortella 8 !!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...it's too bad the dress isn't available here.  It is over at Rendo, but it's for V4.

kyoto kid said:

...it's too bad the dress isn't available here.  It is over at Rendo, but it's for V4.

you know the name?  i been searching for it

thanks.

i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Curiosity:  How do you pronounce "iron"?   i-earn or i-rahn or i-run ?

Also Curiosity: How do you pronounce "bury"? boory or berry or barry?

And for god's sake why do the British pronounce "clerk" as clahrk?  Just STOP IT!devil  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

And for god's sake why do the British pronounce "clerk" as clahrk?  Just STOP IT!devil  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

English is one of our native languages,  we will pronounce it as we want to  

Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

There is one at Rendo called Wicked Queen, by Nirvy

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    kyoto kid said:

I had a feeling that it was released as a freebie

• GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

So, when you say English are you pronouncing it "Ehn-glish", "EEN-glish", "Anglish", or...?    ;)
    The British saying Pizza as "Peazer" just KILLS me! HA HA HA HA!

Full disclosure, I lived in England for four years. I've seen, and heard, a thing or two.  :)

• scorpioscorpio Posts: 8,364
    Gogger said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

So, when you say English are you pronouncing it "Ehn-glish", "EEN-glish", "Anglish", or...?    ;)

Full disclosure, I lived in England for four years. I've seen, and heard, a thing or two.  :)

Really depends on which part of England you are from, I would pronounce all of those very differently to someone from Chohole's area.

edited October 2019
    scorpio said:
    Gogger said:
    Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

Really depends on which part of England you are from, I would pronounce all of those very differently to someone from Chohole's area.

Aye,  and even different again from where I used to live before retiring up here.   I actually have what a canadian (quebecois) friend says is a generic English accent.  Locals from this area would at first just say, with a puzzled look  "that's not a Welsh accent"    but wouldn't try to guess where we did come from.  

Post edited by Chohole on
  • GoggerGogger Posts: 2,370

While out and about, I would often get a squinty-eyed sideways look, "Are you American, or Canadian?"  (Or the overly emphatic, "As an American, you most certainly DO NOT speak English!"  Fair Enough. HA HA!) 

i speak brooklyn. greeting is how yuh doon?

on rainy sundaes ilike to play coof hurray  tee ee

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,175
    edited October 2019
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

That is the start menu, it's all the way down at the bottom under "W". Not actually one of my pinned apps. I don't use it enough for that. Maybe it's beacuse of how I have my start menu set up, Apps list on and Start Full Screen off.

I have other apps that are in your screen capture, but Windows Media Player is not there.  That's why I thought it was pinned to the start menu.  Do you have Pro or Home?  That could be the difference.

Dana

Edit: Ah!  It's actually in the Windows Accessories folder!

Post edited by DanaTA on
    kyoto kid said:
    DanaTA said:
    kyoto kid said:

Dana

Nope.  I don't know if I've ever gotten anything from the app store, actually.  This just comes up when I double click an mpg file.  

Dana

Mystarra said:

That would be Popeye!

Dana

Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

Chohole said:
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

There is one at Rendo called Wicked Queen, by Nirvy

No, that's not it.  The dress on Mortella is supposed to be like the one worn by Morticia Addams in The Addams Family.  I'm not sure it was ever released as a product.

Dana

Thank you!  I never did find out about this until now!

Dana

• 3dcheapskate3dcheapskate Posts: 2,719

Curious: None of the above. Eye-ən, with a schwa - pronouncing full vowels is rather tiresome !

Also Curious: Berry.

May I perhaps direct you to, among others, Rabbie Burns (1700s), Arthur Sullivan (1800s), Robert Louis Stevenson (1800s/1900s), and W.B Yeats (1800s/1900s) ? wink
    Apparently back in the 1500s we pronounced it to rhyme* with 'work', American English fashion, so I'm afraid we were way ahead of you !

*Bear in mind that back in those days we spelt clerk clark and work wark, just to confuse people.

Yes, I did see - I'm just wondering if anybody else will...

• Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

thanks.

Iron: I i-run my clothes. I have i-earn in my diet. Tony Stark is I-rahn-man. (Oddly true.)

Bury: My pronunciation of bury varies and is inconsitent. Probably I say berry more than boory but I will say boory. I don't say bar-y unless I'm trying to do an accent.

Other pronunciation anomalies:

Brian vs Bryan: I pronounce these distinctly. I worked a summer with a Brian and a Bryan and they could tell which I was calling.

Louis and Lewis: I pronounce these distinctly. Louis is Lu-is. Lewis is Lu-wis. The W gets double pronounced.

• chaynawolfsmoonchaynawolfsmoon Posts: 675
    edited October 2019

not sure if this is a complaint complaint: i swore i wasn't buying any more characters but 1.99 is hard to pass.

complaint because i'm greedy and needy: i need hair styles and genesis 8 f/m clothes and props. thank you.

not so much a complaint as it is a proclamation that most will just roll their eyes at: i restrict myself to genesis 8 and 3 (if I can convert it) so anything else is a easy pass.

complaint/observation: hmmm Tilly seems to have some quirk that messes up some of her shirts. I found a morph that seems to resolve the issue. Not sure where the morph came from but it works.

Post edited by chaynawolfsmoon on
This discussion has been closed.