My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited October 2019

Interesting replies on the "Curiosity" questions.  cool

More Curiosity:  Do you pronounce "work" as werk or wuk? 

Still more Curiosity:  Do you pronounce "berry" as bay-ry or bare-y or ber-y?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

DanaTA said:
    Mystarra said:

finally looking over today's sales... i'm in slo-mo today...

i guess the big product today is poppy.  seeing a banner.

dont think they mean poppy the sailor mann.

That would be Popeye!

Dana

Spinach!  does a body good

Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:

...it's too bad the dress isn't available here.  It is over at Rendo, but it's for V4.

you know the name?  i been searching for it

thanks.

i never owned an iron or been to a dry cleaners. . think the flat side goes down

Curiosity:  How do you pronounce "iron"?   i-earn or i-rahn or i-run ?

Also Curiosity: How do you pronounce "bury"? boory or berry or barry?

And for god's sake why do the British pronounce "clerk" as clahrk?  Just STOP IT!devil  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BjKS1-vjPs

Iron: I i-run my clothes. I have i-earn in my diet. Tony Stark is I-rahn-man. (Oddly true.)

Bury: My pronunciation of bury varies and is inconsitent. Probably I say berry more than boory but I will say boory. I don't say bar-y unless I'm trying to do an accent.

Other pronunciation anomalies:

Brian vs Bryan: I pronounce these distinctly. I worked a summer with a Brian and a Bryan and they could tell which I was calling.

Louis and Lewis: I pronounce these distinctly. Louis is Lu-is. Lewis is Lu-wis. The W gets double pronounced.

i-urn mann crying

only a loser challenges I-urn man to a snappening contest, he wins every time!! 

put alot of my day at the petting zoo short short clips on the tubes. smiley

skalliwag chewing on my jacket.  not sure what a skalliwag is, but this baby goat looks like one to me

yep, that's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_hMOZM_HE&list=PLNeBIiAxlMWwLd3uBZIZZck6hGraiogJg&index=1

• I really need to sit down and make my own make up sets. But... that requires effort... and I can't find my Wacom. I think I lent it to my niece and never got it back.

Tried to create a make up layer with the trackball and it came out like this... Some specks in her eye... just like real life.

specks.jpg
    385 x 276 - 74K

seems like the thread killer thread is killed  lol

sawa new daz yt ad, a guy with green jellies transporter sparkles

they cant move til they done sparkling

how yah doon roday? no complaints?

G n R rockblock

knock knock knockin on heaven's door
    the terminator song

edited October 2019

Non-complaint:  New computer is zippy! smiley  Even without the Optane cache or an M.2 Nvme SSD, the faster CPU, more cores, and faster memory make a very noticable difference in booting and installing software.  Wheee...yes  Hoping to see major improvement in DAZ Studio rendertimes (all 3Delight.  I don't do IRay or even have a separate graphics card yet.  I'm using the graphics on the new machine's CPU (i5-8600) chip.  16GB of memory should permit somewhat bigger scenes than 8GB did.  My old main machine was an early, low-end, slow i5-2390T with only two cores.surprise   21st century, here I come.smiley

• Non-complaint:  New computer is zippy! smiley  Even without the Optane cache or an M.2 Nvme SSD, the faster CPU, more cores, and faster memory make a very noticable difference in booting and installing software.  Wheee...yes  Hoping to see major improvement in DAZ Studio rendertimes (all 3Delight.  I don't do IRay or even have a separate graphics card yet.  I'm using the graphics on the new machine's CPU (i5-8600) chip.  16GB of memory should permit somewhat bigger scenes than 8GB did.  My old main machine was an early, low-end, slow i5-2390T with only two cores.surprise   21st century, here I come.smiley

I feel like I need a new computer. I keep getting a CPU fan failure warning on the one, 2 others only render with cpu, and my laptop is upstairs. So I only have this computer to render on... most of the time. I probably need to blow the dust out of the 4 I have before it gets too cold to take them outside.

nutter butters gone from the halloween bowl

only choice is heath bar minis

did prices go up on the pro bundles?  at 70% off is still way over my budget

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:

skalliwag chewing on my jacket.  not sure what a skalliwag is, but this baby goat looks like one to me

yep, that's me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rU_hMOZM_HE&list=PLNeBIiAxlMWwLd3uBZIZZck6hGraiogJg&index=1

It's too windy for petting... bunnies will fly away... maybe goats too... camel probably is safe... 

Goat probably jammed it's head in the fence and was trying to hold on to you... or eat you before the wind took him.

Goats are like velociraptors... very clever... some can learn to open doors with their mouths... also operate a forklift if you teach them carefully.

Which petting zoo is that...?  That's not the LI Game Farm is it?… I was very disappointed they wouldn't like me play tag with the pigs, and the kangaroos knew nothing about poker... will have to stick to playing that with dogs.

• Non-complaint:  New computer has all essential software installed (except DAZ Studio & its libraries).  No major problems encountered.  Found many old softwares from WinXP days that are not worth moving to Win10.  Printer is configured.  CD/DVD movies, reader, writer work.  Network works.  UPS integrated.  Still need to install DAZ Studio, Carrara, Hexagon.  Need to configure e-mail.  Need to complete backups setup.  Need to move computer from workbench into it's permanent spot.  Happy, happy.yes

McGyver said:
    Mystarra said:

yep, that's me

It's too windy for petting... bunnies will fly away... maybe goats too... camel probably is safe... 

Goat probably jammed it's head in the fence and was trying to hold on to you... or eat you before the wind took him.

Goats are like velociraptors... very clever... some can learn to open doors with their mouths... also operate a forklift if you teach them carefully.

Which petting zoo is that...?  That's not the LI Game Farm is it?… I was very disappointed they wouldn't like me play tag with the pigs, and the kangaroos knew nothing about poker... will have to stick to playing that with dogs.

is close to ligf.  it's the afpz in Manorville.  a lot smaller.  cheaper. and more relaxed.  the cockatwos did eventually said hello to me. in between when i had video record running,

the donkeys were wagging their tails. dunno if it meant 'happy'

i hope they still open in a few weeks. is getting colder out.  i bought 6  buckets of kibble and 4 milk bottles.  the llama didnt want milk  i hand fed the ducks.  duck bill is a weird feeling  lol

the prize in rthe pc club render challenge is a 100 gc bux

hello santa.  

only catch has to have a new release in it.

think modern house spposed to be the new dream home?

edited October 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh... I've moved my new computer into it's permanent spot but the monitor cable is now 1 inch too short. frown  Have had to shift everything on my desk 1 inch to the right temporarily until new longer cable arrives from Amazon. (Note: I only have one monitor for both 'puters.  And I don't have a video switch so it's dual homed using HDMI and a DVI cable.  Need to think about another monitor someday.frown (Note: had one but it died a year ago.crying)

Also complaint: I've lost a set of perfectly good computer speakers around here somewhere.  Really nice set of speakers that I know I packed away someplace.  This apartment is only so big.  How the h... can I lose them?sad

Non-complaint:  Because of my Amazon Prime membership and because of Amazon cash back deals for my recent purchases, there was no charge for the longer DVI monitor cable. yes

Complaint:  Arghhh... I've moved my new computer into it's permanent spot but the monitor cable is now 1 inch too short. frown  Have had to shift everything on my desk 1 inch to the right temporarily until new longer cable arrives from Amazon. (Note: I only have one monitor for both 'puters.  And I don't have a video switch so it's dual homed using HDMI and a DVI cable.  Need to think about another monitor someday.frown (Note: had one but it died a year ago.crying)

Also complaint: I've lost a set of perfectly good computer speakers around here somewhere.  Really nice set of speakers that I know I packed away someplace.  This apartment is only so big.  How the h... can I lose them?sad

Non-complaint:  Because of my Amazon Prime membership and because of Amazon cash back deals for my recent purchases, there was no charge for the longer DVI monitor cable. yes

every little bit helps

the kids today are using usb sound bars.

i finally settled ona  microphone after a year of angsting over the right one, i settled on a usb snowball mic

saw a vintage aural exciter on ebay, the input is mini jack  arghhh

de3an did kewl renders using nasa's new moon maps

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4987861/#Comment_498786

IS IT SAND?  diatematious earth particulates, as in dirt?  will it itch if it gets inside my bathing suit?

tee hee hee   it's a microphone spit filter.

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Mystarra said:

de3an did kewl renders using nasa's new moon maps

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/4987861/#Comment_498786

IS IT SAND?  diatematious earth particulates, as in dirt?  will it itch if it gets inside my bathing suit?

Tks for sharing the linkyes...now heading for the dark side...

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932

...I'm heading for the Dark Roast. Much more full bodied and it doesn't cost me my soul. 

• has anyone seen my motivation? i'm too unmotivated to look for it.

edited October 2019

has anyone seen my motivation? i'm too unmotivated to look for it.

You're lucky, it's probably still in this time period.  But Austin Powers had to go back in time to find his moxie.devil

has anyone seen my motivation? i'm too unmotivated to look for it.

You're lucky, it's probably still in this time period.  But Austin Powers had to go back in time to find his moxie.devil

motivation ran away?  is it waiting for halloween?

theres a thread in carrara forum for Animation Inspirations.  is one of my favorite forum threads lately. 

sleepy

was fantasizing  bout this character half the night  Anthony Kaye in Maleficent2

can't find a full body shot to see if he musckles  heartkiss

• has anyone seen my motivation? i'm too unmotivated to look for it.

I don't have a time machine... If I did I would be motivated.

Complaintus addendum: I just realized that in the render I'm working on I never checked the left arm's position. It is hovering over the knee at a significant distance. Redo...

edited October 2019

Complaint:  On my old computer I've been running DAZ Studio 4.9 for a looong time, but  I just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio4.12 on my new machine.sad

Sub-complaint #1: During the process of downloading and installing, the splash screens declared in big bold numbers that it was DAZ Studio 4.11 but when Studio actually starts running is says "Hi!  I'm Studio 4.12surprisefrown  Lame and unprofessional.cheeky

Sub-complaint #2: Am I the only person who keeps two login accounts on their computer, a "Privileged account ("Admin") and a standard user account ("User")?  Way back several versions of DAZ Studio I noticed that the installer doesn't seem to recognize which account you're installing under.  Even if you are logged in as the non-privileged "User" it always puts the "MyLibrary" in the administrative account's "Documents" folder because you have to give it the Admin's password for the package to be installed.  It just assumes you are the Admin and want all the user's bazillions of DAZ files to be in the Admin's sacred folders.  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  Yes, I can change the default location but I shouldn't have to.  Other software packages can recognize who is installing the software and will by default put the private library stuff in the individual user's "Documents" folder.  

Sub-complaint #3:  Similarly when the installer places the DAZ icon on the desktop, it puts it on the desktop of the Admin instead of the user who is actually installing Studio.  This is completely stupid!  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  I have to go hunting in the "C:" drive to find the actual application executable and right-click on it to create a link on the user's desktop.  I'm logged in as the user, it should go on MY f'n desktop, NOT the Admin's.  Sheesh!frown  Yes, I can manually fix this issue but I shouldn't have to.  Other applications have enough smarts to ask you during installation if you want the installed software to be private for just the installing user, or visible on user's desktops too.  Why does DAZ continue this lame behavior year after year?

And people have wondered why I don't jump on every new release of DAZ Studio.  It's a royal swamp water level of lameness for me to install it.  I am NOT going to change my policy of not running as Administrator on my compter all the time.  I run as a standard un-privileged user.  That's the way Microsoft Windows7,8,&10 are designed to be used.  Its good policy.  Sometimes I just wanna cry when I think about upgrading DAZ Studio.crying

But I'm a reasonable man (sort of).  I'm all ears if I'm doing something really stupid or if there is a valid, logical, technical reason for all DAZ stuff being installed in the account of the administrative user. 

• maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

• Complaint:  On my old computer I've been running DAZ Studio 4.9 for a looong time, but  I just downloaded and installed DAZ Studio4.12 on my new machine.sad

Sub-complaint #1: During the process of downloading and installing, the splash screens declared in big bold numbers that it was DAZ Studio 4.11 but when Studio actually starts running is says "Hi!  I'm Studio 4.12surprisefrown  Lame and unprofessional.cheeky

Sub-complaint #2: Am I the only person who keeps two login accounts on their computer, a "Privileged account ("Admin") and a standard user account ("User")?  Way back several versions of DAZ Studio I noticed that the installer doesn't seem to recognize which account you're installing under.  Even if you are logged in as the non-privileged "User" it always puts the "MyLibrary" in the administrative account's "Documents" folder because you have to give it the Admin's password for the package to be installed.  It just assumes you are the Admin and want all the user's bazillions of DAZ files to be in the Admin's sacred folders.  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  Yes, I can change the default location but I shouldn't have to.  Other software packages can recognize who is installing the software and will by default put the private library stuff in the individual user's "Documents" folder.  

Sub-complaint #3:  Similarly when the installer places the DAZ icon on the desktop, it puts it on the desktop of the Admin instead of the user who is actually installing Studio.  This is completely stupid!  STOP IT!  JUST STOP IT!angry  I have to go hunting in the "C:" drive to find the actual application executable and right-click on it to create a link on the user's desktop.  I'm logged in as the user, it should go on MY f'n desktop, NOT the Admin's.  Sheesh!frown  Yes, I can manually fix this issue but I shouldn't have to.  Other applications have enough smarts to ask you during installation if you want the installed software to be private for just the installing user, or visible on user's desktops too.  Why does DAZ continue this lame behavior year after year?

And people have wondered why I don't jump on every new release of DAZ Studio.  It's a royal swamp water level of lameness for me to install it.  I am NOT going to change my policy of not running as Administrator on my compter all the time.  I run as a standard un-privileged user.  That's the way Microsoft Windows7,8,&10 are designed to be used.  Its good policy.  Sometimes I just wanna cry when I think about upgrading DAZ Studio.crying

But I'm a reasonable man (sort of).  I'm all ears if I'm doing something really stupid or if there is a valid, logical, technical reason for all DAZ stuff being installed in the account of the administrative user. 

#1 is a known issue, but they weren't going to bring the site to its knees again by issuing an update for such a trivial fix.

#2 and #3 sound well worth reporting - https://www.daz3d.com/help/help-contact-us please

• maybe if i could figure out where the eye lids end i'd have better luck making my own makeup layers.

same with tats and body markings. i don't know where the seams are and unless i putting something near a landmark body part i end up waaaaayoff. 

Templates help, you can then match the lines of edges to the mesh itself. You cana lso, away from seams, try using the Layered Image editor, and if you want to place a tattoo on a relatively flat area then the are Iray Decal Nodes (for Iray only, of course) which can be used to project an image onto the surface. Of coruse the ideal is a projection painter, which lets you paint directly on the model. (That nearly got posted as pant directly on the model.)

This discussion has been closed.