My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,440
    Mystarra said:

lol

is that a kitteh?  with the eye patch?

The character with the eye patch is "Buck" a weasel from "Ice Age 2"

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,104

Finally, it's dead and buried.surprise Oh btw, ignore this!

Ignore this post? I did ignore this post until now.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystarra said:

lol

is that a kitteh?  with the eye patch?

The character with the eye patch is "Buck" a weasel from "Ice Age 2"

weasel.

thanks. i never would ve guessed

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,930

blargh... i feel blargh today. i can't describe it any other way. i wasn't even aware i could feel blargh. but now i do. let me be the first to state that i do not like it. nope not one bit.

Is "blargh" worse than "meh" or "yuck"?

...I believe Glrrggh is a brand of Scots malt whisky.  At least that's what the label on the bottle looked like, the only vowels being in the words "Scot's Whisky." 

edited August 2019
    Mystarra said:

twang of the atlantic ocean heavy in the air.  brine, salt. can taste it.

mix with the eau de aeroporto,

robusto gusto de appetito

semi comatose need boredom busting snax

...Laguardia or JFK?

JFK tends to have more of an international bouquet with a hint of Continental European flair as well as a little spiciness from the Middle East, South America and Far East while Laguardia  is blandly domestic.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

...Laguardia or JFK?

JFK tends to have more of an international bouquet with a hint of Continental European flair as well as a little spiciness from the Middle East, South America and Far East while Laguardia  is blandly domestic.

Probably MacArthur airport... it has a unique South West Airlines smell.

edited August 2019
    ...mmmm chili dogs. Just make sure to get a number that puts you in an early ordering group.
    Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Complaint:  My back slipped out of place again yesterday.  After nearly 3 weeks of relative normalcy I'm back to walking totteringly slowly with cane, trying not to bend a fraction of an inch the wrong way.  Woke up in bed this morning screaming.  Not fun. sad

Not fun at all!

Non-complaint: Thinking of all the money I'll be saving by not having a car.

'Nother non-complaint:  Spider immediately (1/4 inch) outside my kitchen window built a new web last night.  It's about 18 inches in diameter.  Top quality.yes  Will send photo if morning dew and lighting cooperates before web is ragged. 

Spider webs are amazing.  Did you get one?

The spider is teeny tiny, about the size of a half a grain of rice.  It's like your grandma knitting a circus tent while pulling the yarn from her butt.surprise

Oh, now THERE'S a visual!

McGyver said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

...Laguardia or JFK?

Probably MacArthur airport... it has a unique South West Airlines smell.

Is that near MacArthur Park?  I'm thinking cake and icing now...

kyoto kid said:
    ...mmmm chili dogs. Just make sure to get a number that puts you in an early ordering group.

I need to do a chili dog soon.  I'm also overdue for my Chicago dog fix.

chili dawgs ... in a basket

edited August 2019

Complaint... actually Complaints...

Who was the imbecile who first decided that cars need clear lens over the brake and reverse lights?  

I need to find out so I can smack them with a herring.  

The worst is walking through a parking lot on a sunny day... On older cars the lens was a diffuser, and looked dull in sunlight when it was off, but you could see it go on... Now you can’t tell if the reverse lights come on when someone is about to back up because the clear lens makes the reflector glare brightly in the sun... it looks “on” all the time. Walking along all the cars look like they have the reverse lights on and suddenly one starts going backwards...

Not that it matters, most imbeciles just get in the car and go: Sit > Start > Reverse, in one move... you literally hear the door close, engine start, transmission engage in sequence... and away they go.

Same goes for directional signals... the friggin’ things look like they are on all the time... depending on the angle and lighting it’s barely discernible if it’s blinking unless you can see the filament in the center of the bulb... a bare amber bulb in a mirrored reflector with a clear lens in direct noon sun... yeah, that’s gonna be useful.

I remember the first time I saw that becoming a thing in the late 90s, I was like “Brilliant, let’s see how long that dumb idea lasts”... Yeah.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • i don't know whether to be relieved or disappointed at sales that have nothing i want...

complaint   washing clothes in this humidity hanging from shower rod, never dries 

half thru august  i still dont have new door, new stove, new washing machine, or new walker.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

I just saw a dual band wireless AC router for $35 but I already ordered one for $50. lol

coding for barcode 39 is easy.  add a ! before and after! and is coded

39 has a limited ascii set, its all capitals, no spaces, no é

128 is much muy versatile range. but i don't know how to calculate the pre fix and after fix code

McGyver said:

Complaint... actually Complaints...

Who was the imbecile who first decided that cars need clear lens over the brake and reverse lights?  

I need to find out so I can smack them with a herring.  

The worst is walking through a parking lot on a sunny day... On older cars the lens was a diffuser, and looked dull in sunlight when it was off, but you could see it go on... Now you can’t tell if the reverse lights come on when someone is about to back up because the clear lens makes the reflector glare brightly in the sun... it looks “on” all the time. Walking along all the cars look like they have the reverse lights on and suddenly one starts going backwards...

Not that it matters, most imbeciles just get in the car and go: Sit > Start > Reverse, in one move... you literally hear the door close, engine start, transmission engage in sequence... and away they go.

Same goes for directional signals... the friggin’ things look like they are on all the time... depending on the angle and lighting it’s barely discernible if it’s blinking unless you can see the filament in the center of the bulb... a bare amber bulb in a mirrored reflector with a clear lens in direct noon sun... yeah, that’s gonna be useful.

I remember the first time I saw that becoming a thing in the late 90s, I was like “Brilliant, let’s see how long that dumb idea lasts”... Yeah.

...I'm with you on turn signals, 

Along with the fact I believe, that at least here in Oregon, they apparently seem to be optional equipment, on a lot of the new cars they are difficult to see for two reasons, those blindingly super bright headlamps many new cars have, and the design of the front end of many new cars which makes them impossible see from the side because they are buried amongst all the other lights or often on the inside portion of the light housing.  The latter is important when dealing with cars turning from the same street you are walking along while you are in a crosswalk at an intersection.  A number of times I chastised someone who almost blindsided me only to see after they passed did have their turn signal on, it just wasn't visible from the side.  I remember cars in the late 60s early 70s had those extra lights on the front and rear fenders which functioned as side turn signals. Cadillacs of that era even had a fairly bright white light that lit up when the turn signal was engaged.

The other common situation here which annoys me is even though by law you are supposed to signal your intent to turn at least a half block before the intersection, so many times I'll see a car approach, and figuring they are going straight I start to cross, then at the last minute the driver begins tuning towards me before he or she engages the turn signal. I mean, why bother with the effort to even use it  when you are almost halfway into the turn?  Those people still get an earful from me.

Mystarra said:

complaint   washing clothes in this humidity hanging from shower rod, never dries 

half thru august  i still dont have new door, new stove, new washing machine, or new walker.

...I hear you on that.  Still haven't been able to get one of those carpet sweepers as I don't have a large carpeted space to warrant an expensive noisy electric vacuum. Still sweeping the carpet with a broom which aggravates my sore back.. Also still need a dresser cabinet for folded clothing and one of those shoji screens to partition the sleeping area off form the work area as well as a new electric can opener (mine recently died and using a manual can opener is extremely painful for my bad hand and wrist) .  With this whole situation of having money for old college loans being taken out of my Social Security funds have been tight.

Non 'plaint. 

However there may be some light at the end of the tunnel that is not an approaching express train.  I learned that the DoEd is not allowed to take deductions from those receiving SS Disability like I am. So I found a form online to apply to the remainder discharged, filled it out, scanned a copy of my award letter and emailed it in.  Received a response that they are going to suspend taking deductions out while they review my case.  If they rule in my favour, not only will all future deductions cease, but they will reimburse me for what they have taken out so far.  That would come in real handy as I could finally pay some past due balances off on a couple bills.and have a little left over to get a few of the things above that I need.

edited August 2019

Complaint:  Still adjusting to not having a car.  I can get most of my groceries in the local store in this tiny town.  Not the cheapest prices but if I buy store brand canned goods the price is not excessive (however I refuse to buy store brand canned pears anymore, hard and crunchy! )  But there are a few things that the local store never carries.  e.g. Folgers instant coffee that I like so much (neither regular nor decaf), and unsalted pistachios (or any pistachios for that matter).  To get those I have to go 6 miles west to a bigger, more mainstream store.  Taxi ride is $20 (including tip) one wayfrown.  And the only taxi service around here is atrocious.  Rotten, smelly cars, politically vocal obnoxious drivers, unreliable pickup estimates.  The few times I've ever taken a taxi in this area I thought it was just my bad luck.  Until I searched the Yelp review for the company.  Made my hair curl.surprise  There is Uber service here but I can't order it from home because I have no cellphone reception at the house.frown  Plus it's even more expensive than taxi but the cars are probably better.

I had a visitor today (appliance technician), and got him to give me a lift to the post office in the center of this town where I started a tottering, cane wielding, return trip from the post office to the local grocery to back home and it has done a number on my hips, knees, ankles and flat feet.crying   BUT, while at the grocery I talked to the owner and made arrangements with him to let me hire one of their stock boys to drive my groceries home for me when I come in for a large purchase.  I can manage a couple of bags a couple days a week but when I have lots of heavy bags (like when stocking up for winter) I could never carry them on my own.  I need to get a wagon or pull along 2-wheel cart for groceries.  A tricycle was suggested but I have no place to keep one.  Not practical during the winter,  There's a daunting hill between home and grocery,  driveway is long and composed of large rough stones, sidewalks are not ideal, roadway is too dangerous.indecision  If I can continue to lose weight then walking might not be so grueling.  Not having oodles of extra groceries in the house and not being able to go on mini-adventures into the city twice a week and eat at a nice restaurant should help my weight loss process.yes As well as my bank account.

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Mystarra said:

coding for barcode 39 is easy.  add a ! before and after! and is coded

39 has a limited ascii set, its all capitals, no spaces, no é

128 is much muy versatile range. but i don't know how to calculate the pre fix and after fix code

This might help: https://www.barcodefaq.com/1d/code-128/

Or this: https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrCwOJtw1VdkyAA6xkPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTBybGY3bmpvBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMyBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--/RV=2/RE=1565930478/RO=10/RU=https%3a%2f%2fbarcode.tec-it.com%2fen%2fCode128/RK=2/RS=glQfRJdca06AfASEGu3eudzsUGU-

Dana

I still working with 2 gb gou card. Dint meed it for iray. Video editing needs it. It basically retenders the footage. 

• McGyver said:

I can help you understand why this is the case, at least for some.

Crime.  That is the one-word answer.

When I get in the car, I am rolling BEFORE I engage the seatbelt (oh you're so right about that, and I make sure my passengers are quick about getting their damned feet in too!).  And that's because I do not want to be held up or carjacked. 

Getting my butt seated, closing and locking the doors, and rolling the car with all due haste; those are the ways that I avoid looking to the hyenas as though I'm hanging around the watering hole with the rest of the wildebeasts.  Yes, even when making a simple run to the grocery store, which is huge and massively busy.  Of course I exercise situational awareness too, but predators have ways of laying in wait and hiding themselves and their ill intentions.

I have an additional reason for this, too.  You see, for me, being carjacked would require that I draw.  And drawing would result in a very VERY bad day for the carjacker.  And maybe even worse for me, even assuming that I survive the encounter and my assailant does not.  I don't want to lose my hearing, I don't want to have my firearm confiscated during the investigation, I don't want to be on television or YouTube, and I don't want to spend the night in jail.  Or hire an attorney for the next 5 years while I fight the court case.  Any or all of those things can and do happen even when the defender is completely innocent.

So along with having a keen situational awareness when out and about, I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to avoid having an incident.

So if you want to know why some of us roll the car immediately, that right there is one very distinct possibility, even for people who are not armed but still don't want to look like a wildebeast in their own local version of the Serengetti; aka, a Publix parking lot.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

...I hear you on that.  Still haven't been able to get one of those carpet sweepers as I don't have a large carpeted space to warrant an expensive noisy electric vacuum. Still sweeping the carpet with a broom which aggravates my sore back.. Also still need a dresser cabinet for folded clothing and one of those shoji screens to partition the sleeping area off form the work area as well as a new electric can opener (mine recently died and using a manual can opener is extremely painful for my bad hand and wrist) .  With this whole situation of having money for old college loans being taken out of my Social Security funds have been tight.

Non 'plaint. 

However there may be some light at the end of the tunnel that is not an approaching express train.  I learned that the DoEd is not allowed to take deductions from those receiving SS Disability like I am. So I found a form online to apply to the remainder discharged, filled it out, scanned a copy of my award letter and emailed it in.  Received a response that they are going to suspend taking deductions out while they review my case.  If they rule in my favour, not only will all future deductions cease, but they will reimburse me for what they have taken out so far.  That would come in real handy as I could finally pay some past due balances off on a couple bills.and have a little left over to get a few of the things above that I need.

Fingers crossed for you getting the deduction situation straightened out, KK.

..thank you.  Should know in a couple weeks.  Crikey then I can get a bigger backup HDD.

McGyver said:

I can help you understand why this is the case, at least for some.

Crime.  That is the one-word answer.

When I get in the car, I am rolling BEFORE I engage the seatbelt (oh you're so right about that, and I make sure my passengers are quick about getting their damned feet in too!).  And that's because I do not want to be held up or carjacked. 

Getting my butt seated, closing and locking the doors, and rolling the car with all due haste; those are the ways that I avoid looking to the hyenas as though I'm hanging around the watering hole with the rest of the wildebeasts.  Yes, even when making a simple run to the grocery store, which is huge and massively busy.  Of course I exercise situational awareness too, but predators have ways of laying in wait and hiding themselves and their ill intentions.

I have an additional reason for this, too.  You see, for me, being carjacked would require that I draw.  And drawing would result in a very VERY bad day for the carjacker.  And maybe even worse for me, even assuming that I survive the encounter and my assailant does not.  I don't want to lose my hearing, I don't want to have my firearm confiscated during the investigation, I don't want to be on television or YouTube, and I don't want to spend the night in jail.  Or hire an attorney for the next 5 years while I fight the court case.  Any or all of those things can and do happen even when the defender is completely innocent.

So along with having a keen situational awareness when out and about, I am doing EVERYTHING in my power to avoid having an incident.

So if you want to know why some of us roll the car immediately, that right there is one very distinct possibility, even for people who are not armed but still don't want to look like a wildebeast in their own local version of the Serengetti; aka, a Publix parking lot.

It’s not fear of crime in most cases, it’s lack of driving skills and impatience... You have a lot of people around here who drive like labradoodles... they don’t think past the tip of their nose. I watched a guy the other day almost back into an old couple walking to their car... Approaches his car from the opposite aisle/lane (so if you were walking, you wouldn’t notice him getting in), gets in, goes into reverse backing out to the right from behind a plumber’s van, three spaces from the corner of the aisle (any car turning probably would not have seen that coming) almost runs over the couple who just crossed the lane, drives past me and I can see him all pissed off and cursing to himself that they got in his way, then he swings a right through a space between parked cars and emerges from next to a huge pickup right in from of a car driving down the lane... doesn’t stop at the stop sign and drives off towards the highway... 

I spent years riding bicycles and motorcycles, you tend to see more than most people notice, and you even pick up a knack for vehicular “body language”... like you’ll see a car drifting to the right once or twice, you’ll know “here it comes” and bam, the guy jinks to left to make a u-turn.

Even people I know, I’ll be riding in the front with them and see something crazy happen right in front and I’ll say “wow” and they’ll be like “what?”... they didn’t see the other car almost cause a chain collision? Eeegh. 

Its belligerence, ignorance and impatience... here in NY, if you take a “defensive driving class” your insurance company will give you a small discount, my wife’s old company used to have them onsite, given by professional instructors... the instructor would ask questions at some point to see if people were paying attention or to gauge what needed covering... my mind would be blown by the ludicrous answers people would give... one of my favorite was a woman who when asked by the instructor “what’s the first thing you do when your cars starts to go into a spin on an icy road”, replied “Jump out of the car”... the instructor laughed, but she wasn’t joking... apparently her father taught her that nugget. That wasn’t even the worst answer, but it’s amazing to hear what some people think is how you should drive.

edited August 2019

Yeah, defensive driving is the key.  Too many people are concerned with their own driving and where they want to go, rather than watching the other traffic and planning one's own moves far enough in advance, and being capable of "recalculating" when necessary.  T'heck with with the other guy, it's all about me and what I want and I want to do it NOW.  Defensive driving is civilized behavior.  Civilization is a concept, I'm afraid, many have yet to grasp.sad  As a people watcher I'm too often reminded of those gangs of Macaque monkeys running loose in cities in India.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

found something promising in my barcode 128 adventures.  https://code.adonline.id.au/easily-generate-code-128-barcodes-in-excel/
    it's excel vba but excel vba usually works in access.

barcode 39 is a lot easier, but it doesn't work with spaces and only does capital letters.

in the middle of an office war over the radio station.

weather is sayig it might rain.  whiskey tango kinda weather prediction is that?  it might rain.  commit either way! 
    i want to go feed the baby animals, but is a long trip if it rains. i need to know.

• WinterMoonWinterMoon Posts: 1,904

i suddenly find my self in the mood for a futa attachment for my models and a french maid outfit.

I don't think we're supposed to talk about futa here. blush This forum is child friendly, or so they say. angel

• TigerAnne said:

i suddenly find my self in the mood for a futa attachment for my models and a french maid outfit.

I don't think we're supposed to talk about futa here. blush This forum is child friendly, or so they say. angel

oh... oops. 

i'm trying to imagine a child reading a forum like this. i need an emoji of my brain exploding... does not compute... incongruity... malfunction... reset...

complaint: i forgot to run my genesis 3 to genesis 8 clothes converter on my other computer. now my model is wearing weird blocks of styrofoam instead of a swimsuit. kind of works, a testimate of her professionalism... but i really think she needs to be wearing a swimsuit.

oscar mike gulf  it works

jiggy dance doh zee doh

barcodes!!! 

barcode font.JPG
    507 x 311 - 27K

i can hardly believe it. it works.

i deserve a special treat for gettin it done!  

done, done, done, rock it beethoven

• well done

full disclosure... i don't know what you did but not knowing doesn't change the fact that you did... something...

so, well done

This discussion has been closed.