My phone will not charge complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,441
    edited November 2019

Complaint:  Arghhh...  Senility, thy gaze is penetrating.frown  I went out for dinner tonight, had a half decent meal totalling about $24.  Intended to leave $30 cash as about a 22% tip.   I looked in my wallet for a $20 and a $10 but I'd broken the $10 earlier in the day so I left two $20 bills on the table intending to ask for change.  Then the waitress came by in a rush, picked up my payment and out of habit I yelled after her "keep the change".  ARGHHHH....surprise  Of course this mistake wasn't realized until I was halfway home.  Sob! crying  No restaurant meal next week.sad  Either that, or I make sure I get the same waitress and stiff her the tip the next two times I go there.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

cryingcrying othing yet from support tickets.
    weekend starts in a few hours.
    go be the whole weekend without my glitch monies.  

gonna have to go all the way to my bank and hope they'll reverse the charge.

can't even enjoy my new acquisitions this weekend, cuz i'll be busy throwing up from the stress.

...I contacted Daz CS when a similar situation occurred to me near the end of the month that threatened to send my account into overdraft, and they reversed money back to my bank instead of the normal procedure of issuing store credit.  

for 10 bux sdtotr credit is fine.  for 120 its gotta go back to my debit card.

my land lord is out in the yard mowing up the leaves.

he's expecting me to come out there with my monthly smile and check in hand.  omg what an awful feeling to not have it.

the ggastric upsues cant be good for my sugar levels

Complaint:  Arghhh...  Senility, thy gaze is penetrating.frown  I went out for dinner tonight, had a half decent meal totalling about $24.  Intended to leave $30 cash as about a 22% tip.   I looked in my wallet for a $20 and a $10 but I'd broken the $10 earlier in the day so I left two $20 bills on the table intending to ask for change.  Then the waitress came by in a rush, picked up my payment and out of habit I yelled after her "keep the change".  ARGHHHH....surprise  Of course this mistake wasn't realized until I was halfway home.  Sob! crying  No restaurant meal next week.sad  Either that, or I make sure I get the same waitress and stiff her the tip the next two times I go there.devil

it sucks when theres no  feel-good about it >.<

• Mystarra said:

it sucks when theres no  feel-good about it >.<

It would be nice if she brought me a free dessert next time I go there.indecision

i havent suffered enough today. amazon prime doesnt have the oriinal amadeus, is a director's cut.
    i havent seen 1 director's cut improve a movie.

they have the The Devil's Violinist.  is it any good?  think is paganini

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,932
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

can't even enjoy my new acquisitions this weekend, cuz i'll be busy throwing up from the stress.

...I contacted Daz CS when a similar situation occurred to me near the end of the month that threatened to send my account into overdraft, and they reversed money back to my bank instead of the normal procedure of issuing store credit.  

he's expecting me to come out there with my monthly smile and check in hand.  omg what an awful feeling to not have it.

...I would have contacted Daz and given them the details of what happened and your situation. Again I was able to get the funds returned to my bank (and I did it all through a support ticket and emails), of course I had to "return" the content I purchased, but better than getting on your landlord's bad side.  You can always file a sales support ticket anytime.

Also remember, as one thread here says, "there will always be another sale" and don't forget there will likely be a ketchup sale at the and where everything is discounted again.

paganini  is a strange story

when they say 48 business hours

is that in  a row?  or 48 hours divided by 8 hours of a business day?

...I believe it usually refers to two business days (like Monday and Tuesday). 

• i didn't exactly sleep in this morning. i just didn't leave bed until 4 hours after i woke up...

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

i didn't exactly sleep in this morning. i just didn't leave bed until 4 hours after i woke up...

One of my daughters does that too... she just lies there thinking... or plotting revenge... not quite sure, but I'm not poking that tiger with the stick of inquiry at the moment.  She's quite creative and likes to write, so I'm just gonna assume she is ponder stories and character relationships and whatnot.

• McGyver said:

i didn't exactly sleep in this morning. i just didn't leave bed until 4 hours after i woke up...

One of my daughters does that too... she just lies there thinking... or plotting revenge... not quite sure, but I'm not poking that tiger with the stick of inquiry at the moment.  She's quite creative and likes to write, so I'm just gonna assume she is ponder stories and character relationships and whatnot.

oh, i was doing some plotting at one point. "if i had absolute power..." it would not be pretty while i "cleaned house". and i thought about story ideas. i need to write 3000 words today but... i'm not sure what i want to write. yesterday i reached my goal by finishing up a story that has been sitting for 2 months. i wanted to cut a few pages but i ended up making it even longer (even after cutting pages and pages of boring).

edited November 2019

Yeah, I do that too.  I muse on how the world is lucky I'm not the emperor.devil  But not so much these days.  I'm so old I wouldn't have time to put my full plan into effect. indecision  So, I just muse on the havoc surrounding us and take solice that I probably won't be around to see the worst of it.frown  However, considering debacles of the past before my time, the last 70+ years have actually been a pretty decent time for me to grow old into.yes

• Yeah, I do that too.  I muse on how the world is lucky I'm not the emperor.devil  But not so much these days.  I'm so old I wouldn't have time to put my full plan into effect. indecision  So, I just muse on the havoc surrounding us and take solice that I probably won't be around to see the worst of it.frown  However, considering debacles of the past before my time, the last 70+ years have actually been a pretty decent time to grow old into.

Well, I would settle for no less than Goddess Supreme, and with my grand ascension there would be harmony and joy for all... Even if I'd have to unleash an army of Robot Overlords to be the catalyst. The resulting peace and prosperity would extend across the Universe. Such is the nature of my gift of enlightenment.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    Mystarra said:
    kyoto kid said:
    Mystarra said:

Sorry to hear this happened... I remember the old days when DAZ had a number to call and you could speak to a live person (actually, I just assumed they were alive, they could have been reanimated... I didn't mean to exclude the undead from my assumptions)... but yeah... I remember a couple of times I had to call and it was amazing and efficient. Then the stupid "support ticket" thing came about... the first few times I needed to use it, it was absolutely totally useless and frustrating... at the time lots of people were experiencing the same problems and for much more important or costly issues...

The whole experience is why I never spend more than I feel I can afford to lose... I feel its like shopping in Sears (as it is these days)... you never know if customer service will help you, be available or tell you the correct information... that's just my feeling, based on an older experience, but it was a couple of unapologetic instances that I felt defined a change I wasn't fond of.  I'm sure the system works now, but it's not a system I care to deal with.

Maybe you could bake up some brownies or cookies to soften your landlord up to the news of being short on the rent... or throw together a disguise...

Here's a great idea... cobble together a beard and mustache (maybe snip some hair from somewhere not noticeable) and do a little makeup to make yourself look tan and weather worn... you are now Misty's brother "Spenser"... actually, you are triplets and you are watching the apartment for her while she is in Bangladesh visiting her sister who was injured rescuing a tiger from smugglers... the tiger is okay, but your sister was mauled pretty bad by a Bangladeshi chupacabra the smugglers were also smuggling (you can't trust chupacabras)... I'd put on a British explorer's accent, one of those hard to understand grumbly ones... keep trailing off and breaking into reminisces like- "She had to take an areomobile to the inner country where her sister is in hospital for a rather unfortunate series of chupacabra bites... which reminds me of my trip down the Nile... I believe it was 1962 and my companion Nigel was snatched from the deck of our boat by a passing crocodile on a paraglider..."  work the walker into the story... maybe it's from the crocodile bite... Just keep mumbling and coughing and being as boring as possible and at some point mention that Misty failed to leave the rent money but you happen to have some cash on you and you'll gladly have the balance in a few days... 

That worked for me once, but I'm a practiced charlatan and master of disguise... also people tend to think I'm insane so they just play along.

Anyway, I hope this works out for you... good luck. 

• hmm is there a way to make daz studio make a sound when my render is done? a girl likes to know when stuff is ready.

maybe even an app to make my phone buzz so if i'm in the living room or bedroom or other rooms i know.

i think that would be grand.

edited November 2019

Music to DAZ by:  Twenty minutes of emotion to fit the story... In the grand style of Tchaikovsky. heart

Пётр Чайковский ; Piotr Tchaikovsky: "Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxj8vSS2ELU

I love these videos from the "Proms" series in the Royal Albert Hall.  Wonderful video editing showing off the instruments, the orchestra members, the conductor, the theater.  Better than you get by actually being there except for the real "surround sound" and champagne during intermission.yes

Still unanswered... "How many holes does it take to fill the Albert Hall?"frown

• Music to DAZ by:  Twenty minutes of emotion to fit the story... In the grand style of Tchaikovsky. heart

Пётр Чайковский ; Piotr Tchaikovsky: "Romeo and Juliet Fantasy Overture"  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cxj8vSS2ELU

I love these videos from the "Proms" series in the Royal Albert Hall.  Wonderful video editing showing off the instruments, the orchestra members, the conductor, the theater.  Better than you get by actually being there except for the real "surround sound" and champagne during intermission.yes

I find myself bouncing between https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ispKpmYY3NQ

and this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gj5L9SYhoSE

my youtube playlist is kind of eclectic.

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019

Music to DAZ by:  Twenty minutes of emotion to fit the story... In the grand style of Tchaikovsky. heart

My favourite place at the Albert HAll for the proms was the upstairs Gallery promenade.   There was never such a queue for up there and it never got too crowded.   Most times you had room to sit down  rather than promenade around.  Acoustics are pretty good up there as well.  For some performances (non prom concerts)  the upper prom wasn't available,  like 1812 with cannon situated on the upper prom .
    I took himself to an earlier one like this performance, we booked seats. 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

• Sven DullahSven Dullah Posts: 7,621
    Tjohn said:

surprise...I thought that was the Answer To Everything?

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited November 2019
    Tjohn said:

Therefore, the answer to that question as well.

Post edited by TJohn on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,172
    Tjohn said:
    Tjohn said:

Therefore, the answer to that question as well,

yes    I was going to make a similar reply!

Dana

...I often do the same though in my case it is getting my hip and knee joints to pop back into proper place before getting up.

Yeah, I do that too.  I muse on how the world is lucky I'm not the emperor.devil  But not so much these days.  I'm so old I wouldn't have time to put my full plan into effect. indecision  So, I just muse on the havoc surrounding us and take solice that I probably won't be around to see the worst of it.frown  However, considering debacles of the past before my time, the last 70+ years have actually been a pretty decent time to grow old into.

Well, I would settle for no less than Goddess Supreme, and with my grand ascension there would be harmony and joy for all... Even if I'd have to unleash an army of Robot Overlords to be the catalyst. The resulting peace and prosperity would extend across the Universe. Such is the nature of my gift of enlightenment.

...my desires are fairly simple, I want to live on a nice quiet tropical island somewhere in the South Pacific, flying my kites on the gentle tradewinds and being served tall cold drinks by lovely wahine.  No desire for power or dominance, just a simple and peaceful life. 

Of course I'd have a satellite uplink so I could still hang out here and participate in the latest sale.

..four thousand which were found Blackburn Lancashire 

Chohole said:

My favourite place at the Albert HAll for the proms was the upstairs Gallery promenade.   There was never such a queue for up there and it never got too crowded.   Most times you had room to sit down  rather than promenade around.  Acoustics are pretty good up there as well.  For some performances (non prom concerts)  the upper prom wasn't available,  like 1812 with cannon situated on the upper prom .

...what a performance!  If I ever get to London, I need to check one of these concerts out. 

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited November 2019
    kyoto kid said:
    Chohole said:

...what a performance!  If I ever get to London, I need to check one of these concerts out. 

They are absolutely Fantastic,  as long as you like loud, brash and showy.   It was the first time Himslelf had ever been to a Classical Concert when I took him to the Albert hall,  it was the first one they had ever had, back in 1989.  THey are 30 years old now and still going strong.   Just look at the Program for this year 
    https://www.royalalberthall.com/tickets/events/2019/classical-spectacular-2/

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited November 2019

....agh Chrome is being a real pain in the bum right now keep getting a Site Cannot Be Reached error and there is still a swirly on Gmail that seems to not want to quit and it refuses to acknowledge I read an email leaving the title in boldface (even highlighting the emails and clicking the "read" icon doesn't work).

Yeah, I often enjoy big brash spectacle.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • Complaint:  I like peanut butter.  Once in a while I make one slice of wheat bread toast with a thin layer of creamy peanut butter as a mid-evening snack.  A little peanut butter is tasty, too much is gummy & blech.  But a few days ago while getting groceries I picked up a jar but didn't notice that it was the crunchy style. indecision  Whoever thought up the idea of crunchy peanut butter was evil.angry  There is no way that one can be conservative about the quantity of crunchy peanut butter on a slice of bread.  The presence of the peanut crumbs necessitates that one lay out thick slabs of product.  It cannot be spread thin.  One goes through a jar of crunchy peanut butter several times faster than the creamy style. frown  But the kids love it and it gets used up quickly.  Good marketing job! surprise

This discussion has been closed.