DAZ Studio 4.12 ... Face creation abilities????

Comments

• DkgooseDkgoose Posts: 1,451

Will Smith is correct :)

edited September 2019

the female is suppose to be Madonna but doesn’t do the original image justice lol

BFBFD6C4-10D7-41F3-B34B-A309CA1A87E6.jpeg
    1024 x 1228 - 212K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,900
    dkgoose said:

Will Smith is correct :)

That’s why there’s no question mark after his name. I took one look at that and saw Will Smith as clear as day. 

edited September 2019

lol ya sadly if i add a different texture it looks nothing like him lol

20FE2C02-656C-49D6-8F02-24DEB2738FAB.png
    649 x 861 - 702K
    Post edited by Dkgoose on
  • The DIM still isn't recognising an update, alas. Anybody else similar problem?

• ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

I have tried it out but have only managed to get one transfer that looked like the photo version. It doesn't seem to adjust head shapes very well. One of my sons has a rather square face and skull and the program tries to make it to fit the Genesis 8 male. Fun to play with though. Below is the face that it worked pretty well for.

PS

I hope that I don't sound unappreciative for the freebie because I do like being able to try it out. Thanks

More playing.

100_1727.JPG
    799 x 1200 - 433K
    Annneee.jpg
    739 x 844 - 49K
  •  

dkgoose said:

lol ya sadly if i add a different texture it looks nothing like him lol

That's because it relies mostly on projected pictures in order to have a likeness to the character, you're just projecting a picture on a smoothed out genesis character, but I've no doubt that as soon as this tech matures it will include the morphs themselves and not rely so heavily on projected pictures, as I said, it's a great start!

• I know we've all been using the G8 figures, guess I missed a memo ... thought it time to give it a whirl with G3F. hehehe ...

It applied a texture/morph to a G8 figure IT LOADED wearing clothing items! Not a save.

Way back in this or another thread somebody was concerned about where to find the textures. Click on the browse option for the image and you'll see the pathway. After a save is done, you will find that pathway changes to a place in the textures folder.

Loads with clothing.png
    1085 x 642 - 192K
  • ZateticZatetic Posts: 286

Of course something similar to this was on the web a couple of years ago.

3D Face Reconstruction from a Single Image

Aaron S. Jackson, Adrian Bulat, Vasileios Argyriou and Georgios Tzimiropoulos
    Computer Vision Laboratory, The University of Nottingham

https://cvl-demos.cs.nott.ac.uk/vrn/

• takezo_3001takezo_3001 Posts: 1,957
    edited September 2019

HA, so it CAN be done, now all we need now is to apply this to Daz characters!

Post edited by takezo_3001 on
  • Siciliano1969Siciliano1969 Posts: 433
    edited September 2019

How do I activate the free version of Face Transfer in DAZ .12.0.86 Pro 64 bit?  In plugins all I get is an empty field looking for a serial number.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/07/09c12036d96f48526daeef1b011344.jpg

Post edited by Siciliano1969 on
  • Didn't Poser do this years ago with Face Room?  I mean that tech is quite old and it used 2 pictures and I get about the same results.     I really like where this is going but feel we should be a little further ahead at this point.  We literally have AI that makes actual people look like they are talking by taking in several photos of the person.   I don't see how that cannot be implemented in 3d since that is pretty much what the AI Deepfakes is doing.    I hope this techs moves forward into more AI based computation and become a lot more accurate.  I'm guessing FaceGen and the Other one are not that accurate as well from some of your comments.

I did have a chance to play with the plugin and it seems to work better for guys pictures...forget girls with hair .    I think it needs to pull in more variables to be accurate.  Please use a Deepfake style Ai that can pull in 100s of pictures if need be and make a better model.  

• I don't see how that cannot be implemented in 3d since that is pretty much what the AI Deepfakes is doing.    I hope this techs moves forward into more AI based computation and become a lot more accurate.

Heh, given enough resources pretty much anything is possible.. but I think it's worth remembering that Daz's resources are not only finite, but limited.. so it's all a matter of prioritising most bang for the develeopment buck.

Note I'm not part of the dev team, but I am aware given there isn't a huge development team at all, what they've implemented into DS so far (ie this, dforce physics, hair etc) is pretty damn sweet. I'm sure this tech will also continue to be developed.. but yea, don't hold you're breath for AI deepfakes just yet.

•  

HA, so it CAN be done, now all we need now is to apply this to Daz characters!

those faces have awful topography and are not UV mapped just vertex colours

I tried it a while back and the result in Zbrush looks line minecraft mesh

• ChadCryptoChadCrypto Posts: 596
    edited September 2019

I don't see how that cannot be implemented in 3d since that is pretty much what the AI Deepfakes is doing.    I hope this techs moves forward into more AI based computation and become a lot more accurate.

Heh, given enough resources pretty much anything is possible.. but I think it's worth remembering that Daz's resources are not only finite, but limited.. so it's all a matter of prioritising most bang for the develeopment buck.

Note I'm not part of the dev team, but I am aware given there isn't a huge development team at all, what they've implemented into DS so far (ie this, dforce physics, hair etc) is pretty damn sweet. I'm sure this tech will also continue to be developed.. but yea, don't hold you're breath for AI deepfakes just yet.

I totally agree. It's really cool Daz is working on so much tech in these installments in Daz Studio. I just wish this plugin, that cost money, is not in a alpha/beta stage. And is a full out release. FaceGen from what i have seen is a way better product, at almost the same price as Face Transfer is on retail.   I'm sure Face Transfer will get better with time. I'm excited for the future! 

Post edited by ChadCrypto on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

How do I activate the free version of Face Transfer in DAZ .12.0.86 Pro 64 bit?  In plugins all I get is an empty field looking for a serial number.

https://www.daz3d.com/forums/uploads/FileUpload/07/09c12036d96f48526daeef1b011344.jpg

Go to a browser and this link in your DAZ accounts under serial numbers & it will be the last one in the list if you've bought it.

https://www.daz3d.com/downloader/customer/serialnumbers

• DigiDotzDigiDotz Posts: 515
    edited September 2019

Hmmmm...Flat lips, weird nose every time. I'm pretty sure that everyone I've tried must actually be an alien.. surprise

That said, I'm going to try transfering the texture to a character with a closer face shape, so it still might be quite useful.

Post edited by DigiDotz on
  • Again, does anybody know how the morph between mouth and nose is called since this is the part which gets messed up everytime via Face Transfer? The goal is to reduce the space between mouth and nose. Thank you. 

• RakkerRakker Posts: 37
    edited September 2019

Again, does anybody know how the morph between mouth and nose is called since this is the part which gets messed up everytime via Face Transfer? The goal is to reduce the space between mouth and nose. Thank you. 

Hi,

It sounds like:Philtrum, 

and some morphes can be found in this addon; https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s

and https://www.daz3d.com/ej-face-morphs-and-details-for-genesis-8-females

Post edited by Rakker on
  • DripDrip Posts: 1,184

Again, does anybody know how the morph between mouth and nose is called since this is the part which gets messed up everytime via Face Transfer? The goal is to reduce the space between mouth and nose. Thank you. 

The Filtrum or Philtrum I believe? (It's part of the nose-morphs)

Anyway, I did fiddle a bit with it, and it did help somewhat, but can start to distort the shape very quickly. Playing a bit with the mouth-morphs helps too, but may cause even more distortion.

I haven't found a solution yet for the flat-mouth. At least, the morphs I have have very little effect, or move the entire mouth forward, resulting in something taken from a cross between a monkey and a duck. Maybe exporting the figure and manually moving a bunch of vertices straight forward works. But, part of the problem might also be that some shadows are built into the face-transfer texture, so adjusting the mesh may result in those shadows being applied on top of the textured shadows, making the result much too strong. The tool really needs the option to add at least one more source image (a side-view), preferrably even options to add upto 32 full surround source images.

• RakkerRakker Posts: 37
    edited September 2019
    Drip said:

The Filtrum or Philtrum I believe? (It's part of the nose-morphs)

Anyway, I did fiddle a bit with it, and it did help somewhat, but can start to distort the shape very quickly. Playing a bit with the mouth-morphs helps too, but may cause even more distortion.

I haven't found a solution yet for the flat-mouth. At least, the morphs I have have very little effect, or move the entire mouth forward, resulting in something taken from a cross between a monkey and a duck. Maybe exporting the figure and manually moving a bunch of vertices straight forward works. But, part of the problem might also be that some shadows are built into the face-transfer texture, so adjusting the mesh may result in those shadows being applied on top of the textured shadows, making the result much too strong. The tool really needs the option to add at least one more source image (a side-view), preferrably even options to add upto 32 full surround source images.

Did you try a negatvie value close to -100% for the lip thin morph?

This may improve the lips.

Post edited by Rakker on
  • How do I activate the free version of Face Transfer in DAZ .12.0.86 Pro 64 bit?  In plugins all I get is an empty field looking for a serial number.

Go to a browser and this link in your DAZ accounts under serial numbers & it will be the last one in the list if you've bought it.

Thanks nonesuch00, I didn't buy it yet....I was thinking we could use a free version with a watermark first and then purchase it later.  Maybe the free version of Face transfer  was for DAZ 4.12 Beta only?   

• How do I activate the free version of Face Transfer in DAZ .12.0.86 Pro 64 bit?  In plugins all I get is an empty field looking for a serial number.

Thanks nonesuch00, I didn't buy it yet....I was thinking we could use a free version with a watermark first and then purchase it later.  Maybe the free version of Face transfer  was for DAZ 4.12 Beta only?   

You can - it should be active and available, with watermark, without entering a serial number. If you are using the Windows 64 bit version of DS 4.12.0.86 and don't have Window>Panes(Tabs)>Face Transfer then please open a support ticket.

• Rakker said:

Hi,

It sounds like:Philtrum, 

and some morphes can be found in this addon; https://www.daz3d.com/200-plus-head-and-face-morphs-for-genesis-8-female-s

and https://www.daz3d.com/ej-face-morphs-and-details-for-genesis-8-females

Thank you very much. Thank you @Drip and you other guys as well.

I can confirm that it is not Philtrum as I checked this at first after studying the human anatomy laugh The Philtrum is only the small dig but not the space (tried it) So I will definitely check the addtional morphs in the links you've sent. Thank you. 

• You can move the mouth up and down with some I have, not sure if was in the official morph packages but I don't own many for Genesis 8

• IvyIvy Posts: 7,164
    edited September 2019

well i used up my 3 free transfer, Meh , its okay. But I won't be buying the unlimited utility none to soon at that $50 dollar price tag.even on sale at $34 whoa !!! can't justify the price. sorry daz i rather just buy a 4 characters with their own face for $11 bucks each

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

Post edited by Ivy on
  • Ivy said:

well i used up my 3 free transfer, Meh , its okay. But I won't be buying the unlimited utility none to soon at that $50 dollar price tag.even on sale at $34 whoa !!! can't justify the price. sorry daz i rather just buy a 4 characters with their own face for $11 bucks each

https://www.daz3d.com/face-transfer-unlimited

Well I get 3 on the beta 3 on the production build

....and 3 on the beta on my other computer 

but

honestly not bothered saving more than 2 as they really are not that great compared to Facegen IMO

and I only have FG for up to genesis 2 and use GenX

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 18,032

philtrum, nose length, mouth height, and so on. 

• Everyone seem to be doing actors.  Has anyone done themselves or a friend yet?  I'm staying away from the actors because from what I've seen, Face Transfer will work better with a photo that is not very busy (i.e. long hair and such).  Maybe an ideal photo would be one where the model have their hair pulled back or no hair at all (like the Will Smith render)?

• I purchased it but won't get a chance to play with it until this weekend.

I'm curious as to speed to create the morph?

I'm not interested in re-creating famous people, but more wanting to create quickly random characters. I tend to get lost in tweaking dial morphs and waste time.

From what I'm seeing posted, it seems even though it doesn't match perfectly an actor, it does create a unique morph that seems to suit what I want it to do.

Any of those who tested it, quick/painless to get a morph? Or is it tons more work to get a decent morph from what's produced by the default push buttons?