ToonyCam Pro: Toon renders, anyone? :) [Commercial] [Contest]

Comments

• zigraphixzigraphix Posts: 2,787
    edited December 1969

Bea said:
    I am really looking forward to this :) I hope there is lots of help on how to mak ethe images look as good as you ar emaking them :)

I'm including some info, but not much help is needed, honestly. With the art deco style render, above, the only special editing I did was to set the OutlineID values on Genesis to the same value except for lips and eye whites. The camera took care of everything else.

• KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Camera Magic: ToonifyCam

• Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

Well, "CartoonCam" would sound different enough but still similar to your original name for the product, I think.

All your pictures look amazing, this is a must-have tool!

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Hm. I hadn't realized there was an iOS app of the same name. Perhaps I should change the name to avoid confusion...

Given how "lawyery" the whole world is getting that might be a good idea.

• ghastlycomicghastlycomic Posts: 2,528
    edited February 2014

zigraphix said:
    wwes said:
    zigraphix said:

Hey! Let's have a contest!
    - Deadline: Friday, February 13, 2014, midnight DAZ time

I'm confused. According to my calendar, Friday is the 14th.

Good catch! Fixed it. Thanks!

The name will be "Camara Magic: SomethingCam", but I'm not sure what "Something" is. First person to suggest a name I like wins a free copy. :)

Transtoonifier Pro.

A play on Calvin and Hobbes Transmogrifier, and has no hits on Google.

[EDIT] Actually Toonsmogrifier Pro rolls off the tongue better.

Post edited by ghastlycomic on
  • ChronopunkChronopunk Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

ZiggCam/ZiggCamPro (Self-promotion never hurt anyone when done correctly)

CelCam/CelCamPro (As Cel shading would be a heavy use item for this)

MangaKam/MangaKamPro (A Play on "Manga Ka," a Japanese term for cartoonist)

I would have suggested "Anime Cam" or "Manga Cam" but those are also apps and thus lawyer-bait.

• RenpatsuRenpatsu Posts: 828
    edited December 1969

Looking forward to this and glad you made your efforts into a great product, zigraphix :)

Definitely on the must buy list for me. Love that it works with different shaders out there and some interesting effects seem to be possible due to that.

edited December 1969

Well, "CartoonCam" would sound different enough but still similar to your original name for the product, I think.

All your pictures look amazing, this is a must-have tool!

Sadly, there also seems to be an iOS app of this name....

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
    edited February 2014

I like the sound of "ComiCam".

Post edited by 3WC on
    edited February 2014

wwes said:
    I like the sound of "ComiCam".

I do too. And so do the authors of this app, I presume: http://www.comic.am/

So far, CelCam isn't taken...

This is a pair of images in which all I did for the "toon" image is load the camera to the same location and turn on the scripted render (both with presets). Default headlamp lighting. As with all renders, it's possible to improve the effects by playing with the features, but getting this effect is dead simple. ;)

phoenix-toon.jpg
    500 x 650 - 107K
    phoenix-default.jpg
    500 x 650 - 89K
    Post edited by zigraphix on
    edited December 1969

Ok. I've picked a new name. It isn't one anybody has suggested so far. To honor my earlier promise, if anyone guesses the name before the product hits the store, they'll get a free copy. :)

Phoenix Toonimal is pretty excited about having real lighting in the scene! ;)

phoenix-toon2.jpg
    500 x 650 - 82K
  • Proxima ShiningProxima Shining Posts: 969
    edited December 1969

What about changing it completely and instead of "Camera Magic: ........" go for something like: "Toon Camera Magic" or even "Magic Toon Camera"? I like "Zigraphix´s Magic Toon Camera". :)

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,586
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:
    Ok. I've picked a new name. It isn't one anybody has suggested so far. To honor my earlier promise, if anyone guesses the name before the product hits the store, they'll get a free copy. :)

...Toon Shader Cam(era)?
  • BeaBea Posts: 743
    edited December 1969

of course, the thing is that whatever you have chosen you need to be able to use it for any other speciality cameras you produce - like the sketchcam that you created. They all need to be identifiable as by the same person and part of the same sequence if you see what I mean :)

• zawarkalzawarkal Posts: 1,018
    edited December 1969

Camara Magic: AnimeCam

comes to mind

manga, toon, and cel already stated
    cartoon also an ios app

• MardookMardook Posts: 291
    edited December 1969

Wow! This is a day one purchase for me... :D

• fictionalbookshelffictionalbookshelf Posts: 837
    edited February 2014

Prior to receiving ToonCam Basic at Christmas I had never messed with cameras in Daz. (oops my fault). So using the ToonCam Basic has really opened my eyes at the many possibilities that Daz can do. I am still trying to familiarize myself with the tooncam basic so forgive this render it's not perfect but I'll be sure to post something better before the deadline.

Anyways I would love win so I can increase my Daz Arsenal of Cameras to make cute toon renders!

No post work.

Entry #1

Toon1.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 442K
    Post edited by fictionalbookshelf on
  • namffuaknamffuak Posts: 4,064
    edited December 1969

Transtoonifier Pro.

A play on Calvin and Hobbes Transmogrifier, and has no hits on Google.

[EDIT] Actually Toonsmogrifier Pro rolls off the tongue better.

Might I suggest a tweak to this - Toonsmogrifilter Pro? Given that this is a camera and real-world cameras approach this type of effect with a filter . . .

• DireBunnyDireBunny Posts: 556
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

well the only obvious name i could think of is the Paradoxical Illusionary Toxic Bunny cam.

• wsterdanwsterdan Posts: 2,339
    edited December 1969

zigraphix said:

well the only obvious name i could think of is the Paradoxical Illusionary Toxic Bunny cam.

Yeah, but that's generic enough that it's probably taken. ;-)

-- Walt Sterdan

edited December 1969

Bea said:
    of course, the thing is that whatever you have chosen you need to be able to use it for any other speciality cameras you produce - like the sketchcam that you created. They all need to be identifiable as by the same person and part of the same sequence if you see what I mean :)

Yes, exactly. And "Camera Magic: WaterCam" is already in the store. (As is "Pattern Magic I," a fabric shader set.) So I'd like to stay with that naming scheme, if possible. :)

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951
    edited December 1969

OOOooo OOOOO what about ToonMagic:

• 3WC3WC Posts: 1,095
    edited December 1969

Or Toon MagiCam

• martinez.zora77@gmail.com[email protected] Posts: 1,345
    edited February 2014

Camara Magic: OutlineProCam
    Camara Magic: OutlineCam
    Camara Magic: StylizedCam

Post edited by [email protected] on
  • KeryaKerya Posts: 10,943
    edited December 1969

Frivolous idea - just because:
    Camera Magic: LoonyToonyCam

• bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited February 2014

Love the third image (from page 1) most, but they're all lovely. Looks like a very nice and well done product for me. And definitely useful.

I hope I can a get a render finished tomorrow, will be my first one for more than a year now that I have a PC that can handle DS4.x nicely, currently installing some more content ^^

Good luck everyone .. and zigrafix for this release !

Post edited by bad4u on
  • bad4ubad4u Posts: 684
    edited December 1969

Ahh, my guesses .. maybe ..

Camera Magic: ToonStyleCam
    Camera Magic: ToonyProCam (or ToonyCamPro)

• Herald of FireHerald of Fire Posts: 3,504
    edited February 2014

I need ToonCam Pro for this render because... how else is ChibiBel going to get her underwear back..?

Mission_Impantsuble.png
    1000 x 1000 - 1M
    Post edited by Herald of Fire on
  • Lissa_xyzLissa_xyz Posts: 6,116
    edited February 2014

I need ToonCam Pro for this render because... how else is ChibiBel going to get her underwear back..?

ROFL@that render
    Post edited by Lissa_xyz on
    edited February 2014

bad4u said:
    Ahh, my guesses .. maybe ..

Camera Magic: ToonStyleCam
    Camera Magic: ToonyProCam (or ToonyCamPro)

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

The new product will be called "ToonyCam Pro." :)

(Unless I suddenly change my mind and go for ToonStyleCam Pro, which is also somewhat appealing....)

Congratulations! Would you prefer an advance copy today, or wait until it hits the store and get an "official" purchase version (so you can download it again later if you lose it)?

Post edited by zigraphix on