The Too Hot Too Cold And I Need A Beer Legendary Complaint Thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,940
    edited March 2014

DanaTA said:
    Kyoto Kid said:
    ps1borg said:
    Turned into a real nice sunny day so far here . Don't think I'll be home before dark to enjoy it tho. Complaint moar: Pizza for breakfast and lunch ? ? ! Whisky Tango Foxtrot :lol:

...oppoaite here two back to back long downpours today. Felt I was in the boiler room of the Titanic after the iceberg. Lots of bailing and mopping again - twice. Looked as it was going to clear up after the first tone wo went to run a couple errands. While out, the skies opened up again and when I got home the centre of the floor had a half inch of standing water and the outside stairwell was flooded again. Discovered that water is seeping in though the blocks that form the stairwell. Also the foundation of the threshold appears to have disintegrated which is probably how water is getting inside.

Landlady is very aware of this now.

Besides sealing the blocks and fixing the threshold, I am going to suggest that maybe a roof over the stairwell with a gutter and downspout leading along the foundation and driveway might not be a bad idea so the rain runs off and down to the street instead of filling up the stairwell.

Is this stairwell leading to quarters below ground level? Either way, if it is walled in somehow, proper drainage is required. No matter how much gutter is added to the roof, if the stairwell is open, water will get in. And sealing the inside of the wall (the blocks) is not sufficient, they need to be sealed on the outside, where they meet the ground, below ground level. That should have been done when the stairwell was built, of course. Now it means digging up the ground around it to be able to apply sealant. Also, there is always a certain amount of ground water that could seep up right through the concrete floor of the stairwell, and around the edge where it meets the blocks of the wall. Proper drainage and pitch (the floor should be graded downward away from the building...it is probably flat or even graded inward toward the building) would draw water away from the stairwell, rather than let it build up there. Is there a basement in this building? If so, I wonder if there is a water problem down there as well.

Dana
    ...my flat is a converted "half cellar" so there is nothing below except the foundation slab.

When I mentioned a roof, I was thinking of one right over the stairwell that slanted down away from the wall with a gutter downspout and pipe that directed the water to the street in front. This would at least keep rain from pouring straight down into the well.

When I was bailing out the stairwell earlier, I could see where water was flowing from the block work into the stairwell.

The odd thing is this never happened until recently. I think it may have part to do when the old original concrete driveway was replaced with a gravel walkway which is letting the water soak down into it rather than running off towards the street in front. What maybe should have been done was to lay Visqueen under the gravel to keep water from seeping down into the soil below so that it would flow down the slope to the street.

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • ps1borgps1borg Posts: 12,776
    edited December 1969

Saturday is empty freeway day here so looks like only a half hour trip home instead of the usual fifty minutes from here yay :)

edited December 1969

Rareth said:
    Complaint: forgot how much time having a job takes out of a day, haven't had a lot of time for much of anything besides, work, and yard house work.

here's to hoping I can make some time to do more 3D or at least visit the forums.

Complaint2: I can't access DAZ forums from work.

Modern living hey :lol:

edited December 1969

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:
    tjohn said:
    is it possible to not see anything in rorschach test inkblots? or is not seeing anything diagnosable?

Just say they all look like butterflies. :)

sounds safest :)

inkblot by any other name still an inkblot hey :)

ok I am a bit dusturbed
    You have completed the Harrower-Erickson Multiple Choice Rorschach Test. Your score is 2 of 10, meaning you selected 2 answers that are commonly given by individuals with some psychological disturbance. Harrower-Erickson (1945) used four or more poor answers as the criteria for a cognitively disturbed individual, with the note: There is nothing absolute or final about the choice of four poor answers as the score at which to become suspicious of an individual's performance. We selected this point empirically since it seemed to be the one which caught the maximum number of persons who showed some significant disturbance in the particular group that we tested. However, if only the most disturbed individuals are to be screened out, then five poor answers or even 6 may be taken as the criterion. Similarly, if exceptionally well balanced and integrated individuals are to be selected, picking these on the basis of having no poor answers, or only one poor answer, might be useful.

I also scored a 2. Apparently most people do (see chart below).
    d.png
    177 x 262 - 54K
    edited December 1969

Too tired to catch up with so many pages, sorry if I missed anything important :)

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Too tired to catch up with so many pages, sorry if I missed anything important :)
    How-to-register-for-DND-in-indian-mobile-operators.jpg
    225 x 225 - 7K
  • Richard HaseltineRichard Haseltine Posts: 99,429
    edited March 2014

does this look like the Doctor?

was searching for christopher douglas, this was in the mix :?

the 11th doctor will forever be my doctahr

Yes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_and_His_Kind_(film) (copy and paste the URL, using percent28 and percent29 in place of the parentheses - the forum has as usual converted the hex codes into characters which wills top it from working in at least some browsers)

Post edited by Richard Haseltine on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited December 1969

Moar progress has been made on my drawing...

vvtichBiguana.jpg
    1280 x 901 - 152K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,053
    edited March 2014

I made this hair from this makehuman hair mesh

hair.gif
    800 x 800 - 5M
    Doc3.png
    1483 x 2000 - 1M
    Doc3.jpg
    1504 x 2000 - 500K
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited December 1969

Nice hair wendy♥catz.

I'm just updating and playing some games that I bought and downloaded. Look at all the space the games take. wow I forgot how many games I bought or downloaded for free.

games.jpg
    367 x 455 - 27K
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,124
    edited December 1969

I am trying to figure out what to do for the rest of the day.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    edited December 1969

afternoon tea? puts the kettle on :)

edited December 1969

does this look like the Doctor?

was searching for christopher douglas, this was in the mix :?

the 11th doctor will forever be my doctahr

Yes http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christopher_and_His_Kind_(film) (copy and paste the URL, using percent28 and percent29 in place of the parentheses - the forum has as usual converted the hex codes into characters which wills top it from working in at least some browsers)

thanks. so thats why he came up in a 'chris' search.

i see the dvd on amazon. ... it's one of those movies i'd rather see the original uk version.

they hack up usa versions. i still can't believe they dubbed the road warrior movies. crikey, was already in english.

edited December 1969

what do roos eat? do they like carrots?

edited December 1969

You mean like Skippy, the bush kangaroo? I think they eat grass and shrubs.

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Rareth said:
    Complaint: forgot how much time having a job takes out of a day, haven't had a lot of time for much of anything besides, work, and yard house work.

here's to hoping I can make some time to do more 3D or at least visit the forums.

Complaint2: I can't access DAZ forums from work.

Modern living hey :lol:
    ...I had the same where I used to work. Many companies have tough net use policies. Their rationale is it is their system and you should only be using it for work related tasks and not personal matters. For example I had no trouble accessing shipper, vendor, or client sites as those related to my work but that was about it. I couldn't even access my GMail account let alone Daz or Rendo.

edited December 1969

Rezca said:

...shaping up pretty nice. I miss just being able to sit down with a sketchpad and pencil some times. My stuff would look more like a four year old did it these days.
    edited December 1969

afternoon tea? puts the kettle on :)

...that's what I did. Gonna be a wet, windy, and wild day here today and all the joints & bones still ache from yesterday.
  • frank0314frank0314 Posts: 13,918
    edited December 1969

We have snow thats about to move in in the next hour or so and suppose to get 2-4in. Then the rest of the week in the 50's and 60's

edited December 1969

You mean like Skippy, the bush kangaroo? I think they eat grass and shrubs.

...this Skippy?

http://movieclips.com/Y87Xd-crocodile-dundee-movie-skippy-gets-even/

edited December 1969

No, Skippy in Bushtown featuring Robyn Moore and Keith Scott by Yoram Gross.

edited March 2014

i can't find carrot in my r/t.

do roos like diner food?

iz raining all day. rainy day makes miso soup yummier, but it's raining out, don't wanna walk in the rain to get it.

gonna default to cheezy baked potato for dindins.

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited December 1969

Skippy and Matilda drink tea.

I need to download a game again because the data file became corrupted some how. No... I need to delete and download a 6.6 GB file again.

skippy.jpg
    320 x 240 - 18K
    edited December 1969

i can't find carrot in my r/t.

do roos like diner food?

iz raining all day. rainy day makes miso soup yummier, but it's raining out, don't wanna walk in the rain to get it.

gonna default to cheezy baked potato for dindins.

If you have grass in your Runtime your 'Roos can eat that. :)
  • Miss BMiss B Posts: 3,071
    edited December 1969

Frank0314 said:
    We have snow thats about to move in in the next hour or so and suppose to get 2-4in. Then the rest of the week in the 50's and 60's

It's been pouring rain here in NYC all day, and is supposed to continue tomorrow and into Monday morning. Geeze, I guess I should be happy it's not snow. I don't envy you Frank. I don't want to see any more snow until the end of the year, and even then I don't want to see it if at all possible.
    edited December 1969

Morning. Bliss to have a Sunday sleep-in today. And to have a warm sunny blue sky day to laze around in :)

edited December 1969

ps1borg said:
    Morning. Bliss to have a Sunday sleep-in today. And to have a warm sunny blue sky day to laze around in :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw14Y1y7YAU
    edited March 2014

tjohn said:
    ps1borg said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zw14Y1y7YAU

:lol:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUz6f7xiVmM

Post edited by ps1borg on
    edited December 1969

Rezca said:

That's looking good hey :)

edited December 1969

I made this hair from this makehuman hair mesh

If you are using a cage deformer for the effect - and I dont know for sure you are - try reducing the deformer's mesh resolution for a smoother effect :)

This discussion has been closed.