The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    TJohn said:
    Mystiarra said:

thqy brought me food
    they went thru my fridge and got rid of the spoiled food.  so atleast i won't food poison myself.  they gave me applesauce snack cups. quick qnd eqsy  

the eye inj seem to help a lil bit, the blood fog is a lil less thick.  my monitor is set at lowest res.   

siri keeping me company.  dolphins have belly buttons and sleep 8 hours.  she knows why rudolph's nose is red.  i ask her where santa is, he moves around.  she cant help me find jesus. would be more help right now than santa.  but i like her tone when she talks about santa.is warm and fuzzy, my siri talks australian so she sounds cuter

i have to set the type to H1 to be able to type here, then change it to normal before submit button.  

what makes a kitchen a euro kitchen?

my phone battery was at 1 percent, siri said 1 is the loneliest number.

i need to set up a perimeter of hamster warriors so the squirrel king cant infiltrate my dreams and nightmarres.  squirrels sleep 15 hours.  exhaust themselves running around trees.  cant see them but i assume they still out there.

i tried working on chapters  but i type a lot of gibberish when my hands shift on the keyboard.  i used to have the big ez see yellow keyboard.  cant find it now.  when i put something down cant find it again.

somewhere in my room is a headset with mic boom.  its been a month since the first cataract surgery.  thought i'd be reading bruce dickinson's memoirs by now. 

i scared no one to take me to  next surgery my chest feels tight all the time.

Tons of hugs for you Misty. 

thsnk you  hugs are like littl prayers.

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,052

Blue drinks seem too much like drinking Windex™. Can't do it, sorry.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,021

Someone took this in Brooklyn yesterday... supposedly a kiddie pool caught in the strong wind gusts...

If that's true, where are the kids?... you'd imagine at least one would manage to hang on until it ended up in Oz... "the magical land of", not Australia... (even a kid with really strong teeth couldn't hang on any further than Newark)... (Patterson at most)... 

No, ladies and gentlemen, I'm afraid the aliens are finally taking my suggestions and disguising their craft with flimsy yard crap that blows away in storms...

Sorry about giving them advice, but they pay good and give me beer...

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,243
    Mystiarra said:

the answer to life 42 still thee definitive answer?

42 is not only the answer to life, but to life, the universe and everything. The computer Deep Thought figured it out after hundreds of years.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited August 2020

Working on a drawing atm.  The sort of thing I'd normally use some 3D to help out with but I ended up just sketching it up all off the top of my head.  I wanted to draw one of my coatls running a shop of some kind for a long time now and finally started on it :>

Since they don't have any hands, she's using her psionics to hold her customer's goods.  I feel a little bashful sharing my drawings but hhhh

And another one, out in the outdoors:

coatlshop.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 407K
    quetzal2.jpg
    1920 x 1182 - 305K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • Horo said:
    Mystiarra said:

42 is not only the answer to life, but to life, the universe and everything. The computer Deep Thought figured it out after hundreds of years.

You can answer EVERYTHING with one of these:

"That depends"

"Not necessarily"

"It's anchored off the CVT"

"We'll get ice cream later"

Try it; you know I'm right!

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,707
    edited August 2020

Taoz said:

Some docking stations used to have problems with not recognizing WD drives though I think that was the older PATA drives (their interface is a bit (no pun intended) different than that of other brands)). 

...yeah one of my old notbooks needs a new drive.  Looked for PATA SSDs and they are expensive given the limited amount of storage they offer comared to SATA ones. I only use the noteboook for my weekly RPG sessions so I can have all my game books (PDF format), notes, various useful charts/tables, and my characters available instread of lugging around 15 - 20 kilos of books.and wasting paper printing off updated character records after each session.  Even still have the recovery disk for it (XP-Pro but I never go online with it).

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,413

Ugh, it has just become apparent to me how badly I need X-Particles.

Mystiarra said:

thqy brought me food
    they went thru my fridge and got rid of the spoiled food.  so atleast i won't food poison myself.  they gave me applesauce snack cups. quick qnd eqsy  

the eye inj seem to help a lil bit, the blood fog is a lil less thick.  my monitor is set at lowest res.   

siri keeping me company.  dolphins have belly buttons and sleep 8 hours.  she knows why rudolph's nose is red.  i ask her where santa is, he moves around.  she cant help me find jesus. would be more help right now than santa.  but i like her tone when she talks about santa.is warm and fuzzy, my siri talks australian so she sounds cuter

i have to set the type to H1 to be able to type here, then change it to normal before submit button.  

what makes a kitchen a euro kitchen?

my phone battery was at 1 percent, siri said 1 is the loneliest number.

i need to set up a perimeter of hamster warriors so the squirrel king cant infiltrate my dreams and nightmarres.  squirrels sleep 15 hours.  exhaust themselves running around trees.  cant see them but i assume they still out there.

i tried working on chapters  but i type a lot of gibberish when my hands shift on the keyboard.  i used to have the big ez see yellow keyboard.  cant find it now.  when i put something down cant find it again.

somewhere in my room is a headset with mic boom.  its been a month since the first cataract surgery.  thought i'd be reading bruce dickinson's memoirs by now. 

i scared no one to take me to  next surgery my chest feels tight all the time.

...even more good vibes and hugz coming your way. heart

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,300
    edited August 2020
    Horo said:
    Mystiarra said:

@ Horo:  On a slightly different topic, I believe you are experienced with creating spherical photography?  I did spherical photography from about 2000 to 2009 and would create QuickTime "*.mov" images that could be displayed in Apple's QuickTime and permit rotating the view "up, down and all around".  Great tool.  I found it better and more responsive than FLASH format and FLASH viewers, which has been relegated to the trash bucket of time.indecision  However, now that I've upgraded from WindowsXP through Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1 and now to Windows10 I find that QuickTime is no longer supported on Windows systems.  Arghhh...  Yes, I know that it can be installed on Win10 and made to function but I believe that a few months ago I discovered experimentally that it no longer will handle the spherical *.mov images.  Arghh....crying

My question is, do you know of a good replacement viewer application on Win10 that does handle full spherical images?  Free preferably.  I'm considering getting back into the process of making more or at least displaying my old works on a revival of my old website.  Also, any information about modern tools for stitching.  My old $500 tool "Stitcher" is too many versions behind the curve to work on Win10 also.  I once surfed the wave of spherical photography, but now I'm floundering in the white water.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,776
    TJohn said:
    kyoto kid said:

...ah not a member of AARP anymore, as most of their feature articles and recommendations tend to be targeted towards those who have a better retirement plan than I do. The only benefit I ever used was an extra 10% or so off Amtrak senior fares which doesn't apply to accommodations on long distance trains.  I still get their digital newsletter though. the 2:30$ or so I'd save on my phone service is pretty much offest by the annual membership fee..

While turning the phone sideways does increase the keypad size it also  pretty much cuts off much of what's above it so I have to scroll up and down more often.  I find the stylus works fine as I can actually zero in on each letter/number more accurately than with my fingers. I've tried the voice control but as I have a bit of a lisp, I often get some really odd resultss.  The new phone I am considering has a slightly larger surface area. but not as big as an iPhone so it still fits in an upper shirt pocket or inside pocket of whatever jacket I am wearing. I'd never put one in my jeans or pants pocket unless I am wearing cargo pants, (then it goes in the large side pocket).

I wonder what voice control would kick back to the screen if you put in front of a cat that was meowing and/or purring?

(cat meows) (cat purrs)

Hey, it's a smart phone after all. smiley

I've got news for you.  They ain't THAT smart.  You'd think there would be some kind of humor built in.

No need for built in humor, auto-correct takes care of that.

kyoto kid said:

Taoz said:

Some docking stations used to have problems with not recognizing WD drives though I think that was the older PATA drives (their interface is a bit (no pun intended) different than that of other brands)). 

...yeah one of my old notbooks needs a new drive.  Looked for PATA SSDs and they are expensive given the limited amount of storage they offer comared to SATA ones. I only use the noteboook for my weekly RPG sessions so I can have all my game books (PDF format), notes, various useful charts/tables, and my characters available instread of lugging around 15 - 20 kilos of books.and wasting paper printing off updated character records after each session.  Even still have the recovery disk for it (XP-Pro but I never go online with it).

You can get PATA > SATA converters but they will probably be hard to fit inside a notebook.

pepe le pew was created in 1945  was pretty clever as a character,  self thwarted in love
    can imagine the creator saw an incident in a cafe between an unwashed dude with a shock of gray in dark hair and a missy holding her nose

there is a dragon in the dr doolittle remake with RDJ.

i'll never forgive those marvel execudooshes for ironman

Mystiarra said:

i'll never forgive those marvel execudooshes for ironman

What about it?

Rezca said:

Working on a drawing atm.  The sort of thing I'd normally use some 3D to help out with but I ended up just sketching it up all off the top of my head.  I wanted to draw one of my coatls running a shop of some kind for a long time now and finally started on it :>

Since they don't have any hands, she's using her psionics to hold her customer's goods.  I feel a little bashful sharing my drawings but hhhh

And another one, out in the outdoors:

cuties

• HoroHoro Posts: 10,243
    edited August 2020

@ Horo:  On a slightly different topic, I believe you are experienced with creating spherical photography?  I did spherical photography from about 2000 to 2009 and would create QuickTime "*.mov" images that could be displayed in Apple's QuickTime and permit rotating the view "up, down and all around".  Great tool.  I found it better and more responsive than FLASH format and FLASH viewers, which has been relegated to the trash bucket of time.indecision  However, now that I've upgraded from WindowsXP through Vista, Win7, Win8, Win8.1 and now to Windows10 I find that QuickTime is no longer supported on Windows systems.  Arghhh...  Yes, I know that it can be installed on Win10 and made to function but I believe that a few months ago I discovered experimentally that it no longer will handle the spherical *.mov images.  Arghh....crying

My question is, do you know of a good replacement viewer application on Win10 that does handle full spherical images?  Free preferably.  I'm considering getting back into the process of making more or at least displaying my old works on a revival of my old website.  Also, any information about modern tools for stitching.  My old $500 tool "Stitcher" is too many versions behind the curve to work on Win10 also.  I once surfed the wave of spherical photography, but now I'm floundering in the white water.frown

LeatherGriffon - yes indeed. I have many on my website under HDRI & Panoramas > HDRI Panoramas > Panoramas 1 (2, 3 & 4) and below the spherical tone-mapped HDRI panorama is a version as interactive panorama (not automatic movies) where you can move left, right, up, down, zoom in and out. The default version is HTML5 and needs JavaScript enabled. Optionally, there is also a Flash version if your browser has the Flash plug-in. Additionally, I made spherical panos from Bryce renders (Gallery > Gallery 2 > Panoramas (HTML5/JS) or (Flash), some were even rendered as HDRI panos to use in IBL. I also made many tutorial videos (using Camtesia) as MP4 and those I view with Apple's QuickTime Player version 7.7.9. All those work on my two Win 10 Pro machines and both Win 7 Pro machines (XP Pro just abandoned and XP Home not tested).
    I assemble the panos with PTGui Pro (because I make HDRI) and I convert the panos to interactive ones in Pano2VR version 6 but for the Flash version I kept version 5, v.6 doesn't support Flash anymore. When an interactive pano is created with Pano2VR, the necessary JavaScript file is also generated and this is sent with the page to run on the computer of the visitor.
    For the spherical HDRIs included in our sets for Bryce IBL, I also made interactive panos so that the user having purchased the set can see what's in the HDRI panorama. These were also made with Pnao2VR but version 4 as QTVR movies. I can still display them with the Apple's QuickTime Player version 7.7.9 on the Win 10 pro machines.
    Yes yes, not only Win 10 brought us unwelcome changes, HTML5 as well. I redid my website completely 3 years ago and gave me 6 months to do it. When I thought I'm finished, QuickTime was abandoned and all the movies I had on my website had to be converted to Flash. And yes, when that was finally done, it was announced that Flash support will stop. I had to convert again, from Flash to HTML5/JavaScript. It took me almost a year until I had my website converted from partly HTML 3, and partly 4 transitional to 5. Half a year - ha ha ha, nice try.
    By the way, I had worked with Outlook for many years at the job but at home I used Eudora, then changed to Thunderbird. I have it installed on all computers (though on the XP I can't update it anymore) but the data I have on a network drive. No matter on which computer I connect to the mail server, the downloaded mail is always the same and accessible from all machines.

Post edited by Horo on

my brother in law's mac crashed.  he's asking if i can get the photos off his hard drive.  if we put the hd in an external case with a usb connection, can win10 d/l photos off a mac drive?  thousands of his daughters baby pics.  feeling bad for hima

Mystiarra said:

my brother in law's mac crashed.  he's asking if i can get the photos off his hard drive.  if we put the hd in an external case with a usb connection, can win10 d/l photos off a mac drive?  thousands of his daughters baby pics.  feeling bad for hima

I would be more worried about not having a backup.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,667

Daz forums seem to be a bit slow today.  :(  Long line at the bank's drive through window today too.  I guess lots of people are doing financial errands during lunchtime.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,300
    edited August 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee... I got out of the house today and did a trip uptown.  It still exists! surprise  I was able to get to the UPS shipping store and send my box.  Yay!  Also we went to KFC for lunch (take-out eaten in the parking lot), and a couple of grocery stores, so I got many of my essentials taken care of.  Cool. cool  And we even found ourselves at a household sale.  Gad, what a hassle.frown  Wash hands with hand sanitizer, sign guest book with phone number (for tracing purposes I guess), wait in long line in the sun to get into the limited capacity house as others leave.  I did find a cool thing though.  I found a 6 inch Pickett yellow metal sliderule in near perfect condition, complete with leather belt holster and original booklet.  I added it to my collection of sliderules.  All in all, a fun day.  Feet, knees, hips, screaming, but a good day.  Oh, and when I got home there was a package from Amazon Pantry with more groceries waiting for me on my porch.  Yay, again.smiley

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    Mystiarra said:
    Rezca said:

cuties

Thank you~  ^^

mebbe dragon wings are completely magical and there are no skeletal attachment

in my stories dragons morph into humans, trying to dream up a kewl graphic for the morph.  i like the graphics when Yuna summons the aeons.  the werewolf morphing in underworld looks painful.  pretty much needs some kind of light show.

• TheKDTheKD Posts: 2,677
    DanaTA said:

surprise  Can't find the N95 with the CoolFlow valve?  Those aren't useful against COVID-19 because of the valve, which expels your exhalations!  They should be plentiful.

Dana

I wish lol. Only ones in any hardware stores around here are those cheap paper ones still. Cloth is probably more filtering than those. Next time the masks are available gonna buy like a year supply at a time haha. 

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,126
    TheKD said:
    DanaTA said:

surprise  Can't find the N95 with the CoolFlow valve?  Those aren't useful against COVID-19 because of the valve, which expels your exhalations!  They should be plentiful.

Dana

I wish lol. Only ones in any hardware stores around here are those cheap paper ones still. Cloth is probably more filtering than those. Next time the masks are available gonna buy like a year supply at a time haha. 

Lowe's had a box of something like 50 or 100 online.  Didn't check to see if they were in the stores, too.  I have one fresh one left.  Bought a two-pack at Harbor Freight a couple of months ago...just before the COVID-19 stuff started happening.  Should have bougth more.   frown

Dana

edited August 2020
    Taoz said:
    kyoto kid said:

Taoz said:

You can get PATA > SATA converters but they will probably be hard to fit inside a notebook.

...yeah I already looked into that and there is no extra room for one.  Also checked the specs again and the interface is actually IDE not PATA (thouhg PATA drives are compatible with IDE) . There are only a couple PATA models available but they are expensive almost 100$ for only 64 GB (a 1 TB SATA III goes for only a little more than that).

As I'd be using the recovery disk to completely reinstall the OS ane basic utilities I don't need to clone anything to it.  For the few programmes I had on it I will be doing clean installs. 

I've thought about putting W7 Home 32 on it instead as you can get a product key and then download W7 from MS's site. This way I can also have a few more programmes for my RPG and 2D graphics needs that no longer run on XP..

• ArtAngelArtAngel Posts: 1,585
    edited August 2020
    TheKD said:

Is there social distancing in hell?

No. But there is in afterlife. I consider myself an expert in this dimension. Ghosts are never meant to antagonise humans but a main character from my book refuses to play by the rules and started her own Twitter account and got 677 followers and I, the author only got 30. I say kill your characters, But I can't kill mine because she's already dead. But there are ways to silence a popular ghost who is not into social distancing from Breathers.

Post edited by ArtAngel on
    edited August 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee... I got out of the house today and did a trip uptown.  It still exists! surprise  I was able to get to the UPS shipping store and send my box.  Yay!  Also we went to KFC for lunch (take-out eaten in the parking lot), and a couple of grocery stores, so I got many of my essentials taken care of.  Cool. cool  And we even found ourselves at a household sale.  Gad, what a hassle.frown  Wash hands with hand sanitizer, sign guest book with phone number (for tracing purposes I guess), wait in long line in the sun to get into the limited capacity house as others leave.  I did find a cool thing though.  I found a 6 inch Pickett yellow metal sliderule in near perfect condition, complete with leather belt holster and original booklet.  I added it to my collection of sliderules.  All in all, a fun day.  Feet, knees, hips, screaming, but a good day.  Oh, and when I got home there was a package from Amazon Pantry with more groceries waiting for me on my porch.  Yay, again.smiley

...ah, we get hit by a big solar flare and those slide rules may become valuable again (still have one myself from my high school days). How many people today can still do even simple arithmetic anymore, let alone more complex forms of math without a calculator or computer as society has become so dependent on electronic and digital gadgets & gizmos?

Also still have a "portable" manual typewriter. and a couple reams of paper still unwrapped.

Imagine the panic that will set in when smartphones no longer work because al the comm satellites got fried.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,021
    Mystiarra said:

I think you are going to need another Mac to transfer it to an ExFat formatted auxiliary/external drive... the Mac's hard drive is probably HFS format and Windows is NTFS... ExFat is what you should format an external drive for if you go between Mac and Windows. 
    DON'T LET HIM THROW OUT THAT HARD DRIVE!

kyoto kid said:

...ah, we get hit by a big solar flare and those slide rules may become valuable again (still have one myself from my high school days). How many people today can still do even simple arithmetic anymore, let alone more complex forms of math without a calculator or computer as society has become so dependent on electronic and digital gadgets & gizmos?

When my wife and I go grocery shopping, we ask to split the bill down the middle. I quickly let the teller know what half is, and they look at me like I'm some kind of sorceror.

This discussion has been closed.