The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

McGyver  thanks for the bigg font.  helps a loooottttt  i have to type replies in h1 then remember to change it back to normal

DanaTA  thanks.  i cant red the bottle.  i have to get my np under 150 to pass a medical clearance by tomorrow morning.  i'll take 1  wait an hour and check where my number is. .

sounds adorable  Rise Of the Guardians

trying to figure out the sequence of starblazers series,  andwaiting to play the  aleta batttle angel movie.  heard is a good storyline

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    Gordig said:

Sitting next to my wife while she 3D paints something in Cinema 4D, and it’s definitely not that program’s strong suit. All kinds of weird things keep happening, so every few minutes she has to hand the Surface back to me so that I can figure out what’s causing it. In some cases, I still don’t understand what’s causing the problem, but I can work out a way around it. 

I had a lot of issues just making my edit to the DAZ Wyvern 2.0 and it was just some simple paintovers to use as drawing references - I can only imagine the pain full blown creations would be causing :x

I'm kind of sad I never got around to saving up for a Studio licence before they abandoned that in favor of a subscription system, but then again most of what I usually end up using the software for doesn't need Studio anyway.  As for the 'what problems are these and how do I fix it'  I get that in zBrush all the time weh - finally gave in and asked on the forums for some help and got a half-answer for one, a "That didn't solve the problem" one for the other, and nobody answered the third question at all.   I don't have anyone around to tell me what's going on when something goes wrong - or when I'm DOING SOMETHING WRONG - so it's all just one big mystery to me most of the time.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,483

BEST OF LUCK MYSTY. I hope you do really well.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,745
    Mystiarra said:

..that film was just great all around. Among my top five all time.

DanaTA said:

Mysti, don't take two BP pills at once!  Not unless it specifies that on the bottle.  You could end up with low blood pressure, which has its own dangers.  Not good for your heart.

Dana

...+1

...ahh, "Outrage Express".   Had that at my old job. Wondered how I ever got any other work done as it would keep freezing up on our network.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

BEST OF LUCK MYSTY. I hope you do really well.

Yes, this. 

• GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104

Good luck, Mysty, we are rooting for you!!

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,139

Good luck, Mysti!

Dana

...best of luck Mysti  Sending as many good vibes as possible right now. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,483
    Rezca said:
    Gordig said:

Sitting next to my wife while she 3D paints something in Cinema 4D, and it’s definitely not that program’s strong suit. All kinds of weird things keep happening, so every few minutes she has to hand the Surface back to me so that I can figure out what’s causing it. In some cases, I still don’t understand what’s causing the problem, but I can work out a way around it. 

I had a lot of issues just making my edit to the DAZ Wyvern 2.0 and it was just some simple paintovers to use as drawing references - I can only imagine the pain full blown creations would be causing :x

She was actually just editing an existing texture, but I’m hoping to train her up to doing new textures, since I hate and am terrible at texture work. 

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,054

Courage Misty! The calmer you are the easier things will go. Relax, deep easy breaths. :)

My pills this morning didn't go all the way down, and I can't seem to dislodge them, so my throat has been burning for the last couple hours. My voice is now noticably deeper, which usually only happens when I get sick, and I've noticed that if I hum low notes, it actually vibrates my eyes, causing my vision to blur.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,033
    edited August 2020
    Mystiarra said:

McGyver  thanks for the bigg font.  helps a loooottttt  i have to type replies in h1 then remember to change it back to normal

DanaTA  thanks.  i cant red the bottle.  i have to get my np under 150 to pass a medical clearance by tomorrow morning.  i'll take 1  wait an hour and check where my number is. .

trying to figure out the sequence of starblazers series,  andwaiting to play the  aleta batttle angel movie.  heard is a good storyline

Alita Battle Angel was okay... if they make a sequel... it's really only the beginning of the story... knowing more about it from the anime and manga, it felt a little cut off... but even if they don't make a sequel, it's still okay.

How she ended up owning a tile store on Sunrise highway in Bohemia is a long and complicated story that wasn't even covered in the manga.

Star Blazers... Did you know Disney was going to do a live action movie with the ship being the U.S.S. Arizona instead of the Yamato?... thankfully that project fell apart before they defiled the Star Blazers series.

Wikipedia has some good info that might help you piece together the Star Blazers saga...

Click on the blurry blue letters below...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Star_Blazers_episodes

Post edited by McGyver on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

thank you for the kind wishes. 

i passed the blood pressure check, was terrified of fainting in the dr office.  not a real dr , a practitioner.  i'd rather have a dr who remembers black n white tv. 

surgery is tomorrow morning. they said it takes about 4 hours.
    now is all up to my cousin to get me there in time. no pressure. dohh
    the hospital making me pay my 20-percent of the deductible up front.  gonna pinch.  i have 3 months rent saved in case i get kicked off my job .  half that cushion is gonna be gone.  mebbe i can talk them into half up front.  the ins 80-percent must be a nice chunk.  

the big font is a big help. yessmiley

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,318
    edited August 2020

Mistiarra:  Yeah, I guess B&W TV does date us.  But do you remember the B&W TV's with the round ten-inch picture tubes in a solid wood cabinet the size of a chest of drawers, and tuners that were like a radio (no click, just continuous dial)?

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited August 2020

Non-complaint:  Wheee... I received a package from NewEgg containing a 7-port (5 external, 2 internal), powered USB3 PCIe card for one computer and a 4-port, powered USB3 hub for another computer.  Now I've got places to plug in more external drives & things.  Movin' on up into the USB3 world.smiley

Complaint:  I've run out of sockets on my 110v power bars.frown

'Nother Complaint:  I'm still working on recovering my old email files.  Some were in "WindowLiveMail", some were in "Thunderbird", they're scattered on several hard drives in Microsoft "backup" files, and in several fragments of time, and located in deep obscure files within the hidden "appdata" folders.  Tedious error prone work.indecision  

Also Complaint:  During this process of playing with mail files, I tried again to use the native Windows10 "Mail" program on my other desktop computer and rediscovered why I abandoned that mail program.  Arghhh, half my mail accounts don't even connect to the server properly.  It keeps giving me a "Needs Attention" error. angry   I'm feeding it proper information, it's just not swallowing it.sad  And apparently I'm not alone, lots of similar complaints on the Internet about that win10 Mail program.  I can't afford to put real "Outlook2019" on my other desktop computer, but I like to have a functioning mail program on each computer for at least basic needs, and as a spare.  I could either install "Thunderbird" on that other machine, or I could use the cloud based, advertisement infused, crippled,  Free  "Outlook".  Neither thrills me.frown

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • GreymomGreymom Posts: 1,104
    McGyver said:
    Mystiarra said:

Alita Battle Angel was okay... if they make a sequel... it's really only the beginning of the story... knowing more about it from the anime and manga, it felt a little cut off... but even if they don't make a sequel, it's still okay.

How she ended up owning a tile store on Sunrise highway in Bohemia is a long and complicated story that wasn't even covered in the manga.

After waiting almost 20 years, I was delighted by the Alita movie.  The second manga series "Gunmm: Last Order" (Battle Angel Alita: Last Order in the states) does not mention the tile store.  The third manga series, Mars Chronicle, is coming out now.  Perhaps that one will answer the questions!

Ugh, why isn't it tomorrow yet? I want my, I want my, I want my RTX.

Gordig said:

Ugh, why isn't it tomorrow yet? I want my, I want my, I want my RTX.

Considering the 4-dimensional space/time thing, tomorrow already is.  Your problem seems to be that you're just not there yet.  So, it's your fault.cheeky

• AnestisKAnestisK Posts: 38
    edited August 2020

Hi all, new to DAZ Studio (as in mostly a week new.  I mean I had version 3 ages ago, but never did anything with it.  JUst only recently started to get mroe into it.

Made a suggestion in the Product Suggestions, and copping flak for it and certain people either being obtuse (suggesting I do advanced things that I don't knwo how to do yet) and/or rude (saying I have an attitude for telling people that I am a beginner and can't do the advanced things they are suggesting).  Really, is this how people help others out, especially those who have health issues?

Kind of depresses me and makes me not want to post in the forums anymore and maybe even give up. :-( (yes, that's my depression talking).

Tell me there are actual helpful people in the forums.

(Yes, this is a bit of a knee-jerk post. Thank you depression).

Post edited by AnestisK on
    AnestisK said:

Hi all, new to DAZ Studio (as in mostly a week new.  I mean I had version 3 ages ago, but never did anything with it.  JUst only recently started to get mroe into it.

Made a suggestion in the Product Suggestions, and copping flak for it and certain people either being obtuse (suggesting I do advanced things that I don't knwo how to do yet) and/or rude (saying I have an attitude for telling people that I am a beginner and can't do the advanced things they are suggesting).  Really, is this how people help others out, especially those who have health issues?

Kind of depresses me and makes me not want to post in the forums anymore and maybe even give up. :-( (yes, that's my depression talking).

Those people are trying to be helpful. Rather than just telling them that you don't know how to do those things, ask how to do them, and I'm sure they (or someone else) will explain.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,088
    AnestisK said:

There are actual helpful people in the forums.  

Really.

For example, you will find quite a few threads in which people post free tutorials and walk throughs on a variety of program features.  You will also run into the occasional crank, or just someone having a bad day.  Keep asking your questions.  

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    AnestisK said:

Just a suggestion for you.   The New Users Forum  is designed for new users,  and moderated a little more strictly than our general forums. As a community it will be important for us to cultivate an atmosphere of collaboration and encouragement that will allow for our newest additions to have fun and to learn in an environment that is conducive to both.

edited August 2020

So angry. 

0C574AAA-FB89-4AC9-B01F-44EC05AE62EF.jpeg
    750 x 955 - 109K
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,565
    Gordig said:

So angry. 

We're gonna need a bigger plane.

• skinklizzardskinklizzard Posts: 218
    edited August 2020
    Gordig said:

So angry. 

oh wow that sucks, this was your RTX card that was meant to arrive today ?

Post edited by skinklizzard on
    edited August 2020

Correct. I even paid extra for the fastest shipping. I miss when Newegg shipped everything out of California, because that meant that I'd get it in about two days even with the cheapest shipping option.

Post edited by Gordig on
    Gordig said:

Correct. I even paid extra for the fastest shipping. I miss when Newegg shipped everything out of California, because that meant that I'd get it in about two days even with the cheapest shipping option.

Bummer on the shipping SNAFU.  It seems that even the plane was in the tomorrow, but the package wasn't.  So, it's no longer your fault.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,139
    AnestisK said:

A worthy complaint, for sure!   I feel really bad for you!  There are a few like that, but I've found people in the forums here usually fairly helpful.  There are some that are self-righteous, yes.  I hope you don't give up too quickly.  There are friendly folks her in the complaint threads!

Dana

This discussion has been closed.