The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    DanaTA said:
    Mystiarra said:

a weird thing this morning.  woke up literally drenched in aweat.  yuck.  never happened before.  

surprise

feelin better.  chxie noodle soupcheeky

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670

Gimp was trying to load many abr brushes into memory, I guess.  I moved the big abr files out of the brush folder.

• RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393

hmmm complaint'plaint:  So apparently I never actually bought the texture pack for Digi-I's (rather cute) mosasaurus model. I could have sworn I had,  but I guess not :/

Got the Mosasaur Poses though.

• Complaint:  My "Product Library" doesn't show recent products in proper "Sort by Date" order.  I have about 10 items that appear above (newer) than the items that I bought in the last two days.  Trust is easily broken and hard to repair.  It's like finding the first error in a product operation manual.  You never trust it from then on. frown

For example:  In the image below, the item "It'S Magic" shown in blue was bought yesterday.  The items above it were bought in the last couple weeks or more.  Is this a known problem will it be resolved, or brushed under the rug? angry

Yes, I tried playing with the sort order buttons.  Didn't help.sad

Screenshot 2020-11-25 073308.png
    857 x 627 - 246K
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

Complaint:  My "Product Library" doesn't show recent products in proper "Sort by Date" order.  I have about 10 items that appear above (newer) than the items that I bought in the last two days.  Trust is easily broken and hard to repair.  It's like finding the first error in a product operation manual.  You never trust it from then on. frown

For example:  In the image below, the item "It'S Magic" shown in blue was bought yesterday.  The items above it were bought in the last couple weeks or more.  Is this a known problem will it be resolved, or brushed under the rug? angry

Yeah it's been like that since the new store changeover ,I've been going from the order form ......

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited November 2020

Complaint:  My "Product Library" doesn't show recent products in proper "Sort by Date" order.  I have about 10 items that appear above (newer) than the items that I bought in the last two days.  Trust is easily broken and hard to repair.  It's like finding the first error in a product operation manual.  You never trust it from then on. frown

Screenshot 2020-11-25 073308.png
    857 x 627 - 246K
    Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Deja vu

i still have many prodlib pages i never downloaded.  lost track of what page i was up to.

• One of my best friends in Florida was a practicing "Florida Man".  Good friends in the '70s when we were in our late teens and early twenties, surfing together, smoking & tripping together, going to rock concerts, etc.  He was a handsome fun guy.  But I moved away for a decade advancing my career.  And he devolved into a sorry, ugly alchoholic.  I returned to Florida a few times and always looked him up.  I even went to Amsterdam with him back in the mid '90s.  I accompanied him to the straight places, and he came with me to the gay places.  Fun trip except that I spent too much time trying to keep him sober enough to not end up in a canal or arrested or in a fight.  Then after 9/11 I moved back to Florida for 8 years.  The end of our relationship came during that time.  Three or four of us old buddies would gather in his filthy back porch and drink and smoke laughing and remembering the old days, and then he'd pull out his guns and start getting crazy with them.  It was scary because there was a point when he would get mean & parnoid when he was too drunk.  I finally just stopped going over.   I have many more stories about my Florida Man.  Perhaps someday they'll make it to my book.

I've had to ghost unhealthy friendships from time to time.

McGyver said:

It's bad enough that the grocery stores are full of annoying people, now I've got this guy following me around in Stop & Plop*...

I don't get along with robots and this one has to keep crossing my path... That didn't turn out so well for the Roomba.

Look at the signage on him.  It looks like he can give your your flu shot whilst you're picking out your tomatoes or onions.  I wonder if he sneaks up on people before hitting them with the needle.  "Look out behind!"

Lingering Childhood:  Anybody admit to lingering childhood habits?

For example, whenever I make a cup of hot chocolate I spoon the chocolate powder mix  onto the hot water (or hot milk) in my cup, and it forms a floating island on the top.  I patiently sit and watch the island crumble into the sea and imagine running from the crumbling edge as if in some old monster movie where the island breaks up and disappears beneath the sea.   I've been doing this since the '50s.blush  For it to be perfect all I'd need do is figure out how to make a little chocolate volcano spouting in the center of the pile and I'd be happy.devil

I created Pangea once.  But it all fell into the sea!  Oh and it was delicious, yes it was.

Been there, done that.  cheeky

edited November 2020

Another "Florida Man" story:  While living in Washington, DC, my partner of 13 years died in Spring of '94.   In Spring of '95, trying to "find myself" again, I quit my job and took a year off, bought a motorcycle, rode around the US, Canada and Australia.  In Autumn of '97 Still lamenting the good times I'd had with my partner I vacationed in Florida and looked up my old buddy (Florida Man).  During one smoked out evening with him I recounted my previous trip to Amsterdam with my partner back in '91.  Somehow in a cloud of smoke we got the idea to go to Amsterdam together.  He'd never traveled, at all.  Truly a Florida man.  I explained to him that he needed to get a passport, but he had plenty of time before Spring.  Fast forward 5 months, about two weeks before we have to leave (I'd already made all arrangements for the flights & hotel and purchased the non-refundable tickets), he calls up and says he still doesn't have a passport because of complications of him being adopted and not having a birth certificate.  I explained there is no going without a passport and he gets busy and contacts his Florida congressman who puts things into high gear and gets it done.  But, the actual passport still isn't available until just a couple days before the fiight, so he has to drive 200 miles south to Miami to pick up the passport in person.  All goes OK until he's driving back.  While spacing out on the Interstate headed back north his car gets struck by a lightning bolt.surprise.  Literally, a fast moving car struck by a lightning bolt.  He described every millisecond in detail.  Seeing it approach, the flash inside the car, seeing it leave behind him.  Of course, now his engine electronics are dead and he's sitting in torrential rain on super busy Interstate 95 contemplating the contents of his pants.  However, it works out and he does get home in time.  But when he told me the story, I said to myself, "God doesn't want us to make this trip".  I should have listened to God.frown

• Yikes, I've NEVER heard of a car being struck by lightning, especially not even here in the lightning capital of the world!  So did you transport your bike to Australia or get a rental when over there?

edited November 2020

Yikes, I've NEVER heard of a car being struck by lightning, especially not even here in the lightning capital of the world!  So did you transport your bike to Australia or get a rental when over there?

Yep, car struck by lightning.  I've even seen a YouTube video of a car being struck by lightning while moving.  So apparently it's not that rare.indecision

I checked into it, but transporting my big BMW motorcycle from San Francisco to Sydney would have been super expensive and loaded with paperwork, so I left my heart in San Francisco after the trip across the northern US & Canada & Yukon.  Came down the two lane twisty road along the California coast and crossed over the Golden Gate Bridge in fog so thick that I couldn't even see the railings of the bridge.  Waited in SF for a week and flew to Sydney for a week.  Flew to Cairns and rented a small bike in Cairns for jaunts around town, while I was there for two weeks,  Flew to Darwin and took a week tour van down & around Alice Springs, then flew to Sydney for another week then flight back to SF.  But most of the Australian trip was by Sidney subway, taxi, plane or tour van.  Yep, I wimped out on that left-hand driving thing.frown

I also wimped out on riding motorcycle in San Francisco.  My bike had seen some abuse on the 4500 mile journey wandering across the continent so as soon as I reached SF I took it to the BMW dealership and told them to "Clean it, fix it, and store it for 6 weeks."  I spent a week in SF waiting on my plane reservation and had a great time doing the leather scene and touring the city using the Muni (subway & light rail), cable cars, taxi, and walking.  But it's probably a good thing I didn't try riding my bike in SF, because during my week there I actually witnessed three (3) horrific motorcycle accidents!surprise  (bones sticking out of skin...)

Spent 5 weeks in Australia.  Sydney, Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs.  Dove the Great Barrier Reef from 3-day sailboat cruise, rode a balloon over the fields west of Carins, while watching a mob of Kangaroo bound across the fields, Camped in the desert between Darwin and Alice Springs, Walked through Kata Juta, and completely around Uluru, walked through the King's Canyon valley and completely across both sides of it's top.  Only thing I didn't do that was on my list was visit Coober Pedy.  But I did get several opals from a respected dealer in downtown Sydney.  I also attended a symphony at the Sydney Opera House, while wearing full motorcycle leather gear.  yes

Got back to SF, picked up my bike and headed home to Washington, DC via the southern route through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia...  Had to wait in Texas for a couple days because Hurricane Opal was just ahead of me and I followed it all the way from Pensacola, FL up the Interstate toward Atlanta, counting the hundreds of downed trees along the Interstate.  Crazy trip.

complaint  rummly tummy.  what cookin?

• Yikes, I've NEVER heard of a car being struck by lightning, especially not even here in the lightning capital of the world!  So did you transport your bike to Australia or get a rental when over there?

Yep, car struck by lightning.  I've even seen a YouTube video of a car being struck by lightning while moving.  So apparently it's not that rare.indecision

I checked into it, but transporting my big BMW motorcycle from San Francisco to Sydney would have been super expensive and loaded with paperwork, so I left my heart in San Francisco after the trip across the northern US & Canada & Yukon.  Came down the two lane twisty road along the California coast and crossed over the Golden Gate Bridge in fog so thick that I couldn't even see the railings of the bridge.  Waited in SF for a week and flew to Sydney for a week.  Flew to Cairns and rented a small bike in Cairns for jaunts around town, while I was there for two weeks,  Flew to Darwin and took a week tour van down & around Alice Springs, then flew to Sydney for another week then flight back to SF.  But most of the Australian trip was by Sidney subway, taxi, plane or tour van.  Yep, I wimped out on that left-hand driving thing.frown

I also wimped out on riding motorcycle in San Francisco.  It had seen some abuse on the 4500 mile journey wandering across the continent so as soon as I reached SF I took it to the BMW dealership and told them to "Clean it. Fix it. Store it for 6 weeks."  I spent a week in SF waiting on my plane reservation and had a great time on the Muni (subway & light rail), cable cars, taxi, and walking.  But it's probably a good thing I didn't try riding my bike in SF, because during my week there I actually witnessed three (3) horrific motorcycle accidents!surprise  (bones sticking out of skin...)

Spent 5 weeks in Australia.  Sydney, Cairns, Darwin, Alice Springs.  Dove the Great Barrier Reef from 3-day sailboat cruise, rode a balloon over the fields west of Carins, while watching a mob of Kangaroo bound across the fields, Camped in the desert between Darwin and Alice Springs, Walked through Kata Juta, and completely around Uluru, walked through the King Canyon valley and completey across both sides of it's top.  Only thing I didn't do that was on my list was visit Coober Pedy.  But I did get several opals from a respected shop in downtown Sydney.  I also attended a symphony at the Sydney Opera House, while wearing full motorcycle leather gear.  yes

Got back to SF, picked up my bike and headed home to Washington, DC via the southern route through Arizona, New Mexico, Texas, Louisiana, Alabama, Florida, Georgia...  Had to wait in Texas for a couple days because Hurricane Opal was just ahead of me and I followed it all the way from Pensacola, FL up the Interstate toward Atlanta, counting the hundreds of downed trees along the Interstate.  Crazy trip.

Wow, sounds like one hell of an awesome adventure!  Yeah, bones sticking out of skin, I always hate when that happens!

Mystiarra said:

I'm feeling rebellious, so today it's going to be either a pot roast, a rib roast, or a chicken.  I still have a freezer full of cooked turky from last Christmas, so I'll either heat some of it up for a turkey dinner this week or I'll dump it all (it is all 10 months old) and get a fresh turkey for cooking on Saturday or Sunday.

Complaint: 

My county's mask orders are preventing proper identification in public places, and this makes it easier for bad-guys to case a place or otherwise get away with various acts of mayhem. 

I'm thinking of posting a sign for my property saying "Mask off for identification".  As I said, I'm a rebel.  smiley

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    edited November 2020

Happy Meleagris Gallopavo Day!

Fun Turkey Facts (Sort of):

- Turkeys were first domesticated in Mexico for food and for their cultural and symbolic contributions, such as the turkey suit and the turkey dance, which was very popular in Aztec society.

- When Europeans first encountered turkeys in America, they mistook it for a type of guineafowl which were being imported from Constantinople by Turkey Merchants... the fun fact there was that there was an occupation called "Turkey Merchant".

- Turkeys have been known to be aggressive towards humans and even after the First Turkey War in 1650, turkeys were still raiding colonial villages and groups of turkeys even fought alongside Hessian mercenaries during the revolutionary war. 
    To this day the town of Brookline, Massachusetts advises residents to be aggressive towards turkeys, lest they gain the upper hand and acquire firearms as they did during the Second Turkey War in 1923.

- Turkey tastes great with stuffing an mashed potatoes.

- The "Snood" is the fleshy protrubance on the foreheads of turkeys, while the "Wattle" is the fleshy flap on the neck of turkeys and old rich guys.

- Turkeys have been known to practice and enjoy cannibalism... though they do not seem to be fond of eating each other cooked or with cranberry sauce.

- Turkey, the county was not founded by turkeys, but shares the same name, and in Portuguese the word for turkey is Peru which is also a country but was once ruled by actual turkeys.

- The earliest ancestors of the turkey dates back to the Early Miocene (23 mya)... the Turkeysaurus Rex managed to stay out of the fossil record until well after the arrival of mankind and was a formidable adversary for early humans, even the saber tooth penguin and the wooly chipmunk were no match for such an apex predator.

- The Aztec associated turkeys with the trickster god Tezcatlipoca due to its comical behavior a penchant for telling salty jokes.

- Turkeys can on their own, fly short distances unassisted, but fitted with a jetpack can travel great distances... Charles Lindbergh considered flying across the Atlantic on a turkey, but eventually settled on an aircraft named "The Spirit of Saint Louis" after his beloved giant turkey, “Saint Louis”.

- Contrary to popular belief, turkeys are not allowed to drive tractor trailers in most of the USA.

- Turkey poop provides the fuel for a 55 megawatt Turkey Poop Power Plant in western Minnesota.

- Turkey Bowling is a sport that involves bowling with the frozen carcass of a turkey... it is believed to have evolved from an incident where the victorious colonists threw around the corpse of the Turkey King, Lord Gobbles after defeating him in the Battle of Turkey Hill. The brand of ice cream bearing the same name was originally only available on VT day (September 8) and was only available in Turkey or gravy flavor.

These are little known facts, so please do not share them indiscriminately with strangers at parties (if those ever occur again) or with anyone who you are hoping to impress with you newfound trivia knowledge.

Post edited by McGyver on
  • DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

laugh laugh laugh laugh laugh 

Dana

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946

Another "Florida Man" story:  While living in Washington, DC, my partner of 13 years died in Spring of '94.   In Spring of '95, trying to "find myself" again, I quit my job and took a year off, bought a motorcycle, rode around the US, Canada and Australia.  In Autumn of '97 Still lamenting the good times I'd had with my partner I vacationed in Florida and looked up my old buddy (Florida Man).  During one smoked out evening with him I recounted my previous trip to Amsterdam with my partner back in '91.  Somehow in a cloud of smoke we got the idea to go to Amsterdam together.  He'd never traveled, at all.  Truly a Florida man.  I explained to him that he needed to get a passport, but he had plenty of time before Spring.  Fast forward 5 months, about two weeks before we have to leave (I'd already made all arrangements for the flights & hotel and purchased the non-refundable tickets), he calls up and says he still doesn't have a passport because of complications of him being adopted and not having a birth certificate.  I explained there is no going without a passport and he gets busy and contacts his Florida congressman who puts things into high gear and gets it done.  But, the actual passport still isn't available until just a couple days before the fiight, so he has to drive 200 miles south to Miami to pick up the passport in person.  All goes OK until he's driving back.  While spacing out on the Interstate headed back north his car gets struck by a lightning bolt.surprise.  Literally, a fast moving car struck by a lightning bolt.  He described every millisecond in detail.  Seeing it approach, the flash inside the car, seeing it leave behind him.  Of course, now his engine electronics are dead and he's sitting in torrential rain on super busy Interstate 95 contemplating the contents of his pants.  However, it works out and he does get home in time.  But when he told me the story, I said to myself, "God doesn't want us to make this trip".  I should have listened to God.frown

https://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2014/06/06/pkg-lightning-strikes-moving-car.ctv

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,946
    edited November 2020
    Mystiarra said:

...warming up part of a big batch of homemade pasta sauce I made a couple days ago to put over flutterby pasta to be topped with shredded asiago, parmesan and romano cheese blend and washing it down with a fine Tuscan red wine.

The only thing remotely related to turkey I'll have tonight is a Wild Turkey 101 straight rye whiskey and water a bit later. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on

Does dots per inch affect drawing quality in Gimp or Photoshop?  Does lots of dots mean higher quality images when I actually draw?  I tried to do a search on this topic but every page I found talks about printing documents, not drawing in a document.

• Does dots per inch affect drawing quality in Gimp or Photoshop?  Does lots of dots mean higher quality images when I actually draw?  I tried to do a search on this topic but every page I found talks about printing documents, not drawing in a document.

Do you mean pixels per inch in setting the image size, in which case for a given physical size it means more total pixels and for a given pixel size it means nothing? Or do you mean the dots per inch of a device, in whichc ase it means it can show more detail (if you create it) in a given area?

• So I finally have the money to buy content for DAZ and found a model I wanted to buy for the longest. However, as I do not live in Japan, I am unable to make an account to buy it! :(

• jbowlerjbowler Posts: 779

Does dots per inch affect drawing quality in Gimp or Photoshop?  Does lots of dots mean higher quality images when I actually draw?  I tried to do a search on this topic but every page I found talks about printing documents, not drawing in a document.

Nope.  Nothing takes any notice of it because unless everything took notice of it it wouldn't work.  Since products by certain Major companies simply ignored it everyone ignores it.  The quality of the image in this sense is the resolution and that is decided solely by the number of pixels in the canvas for the GIMP and PhotoShop; so you set the quality, or rather the limit of the quality, when you create the canvas; the background layer in PhotoShop for example.  This isn't true of other image creation programs but PhotoShop and the GIMP are purely bitmap editors so they work purely in pixels.

For programs like DAZStudio as well as CAD programs and vector drawing programs (Painter, etc) DPI is meaningless until you render the drawing to a bitmap or print it to a printer.  This is why you found references about printing.  DAZStudio doesn't use DPI (hooray); you just specify the number of pixels in the output image when rendering.  Printers do use DPI and it can be very misleading; a 72DPI photo printer is a piece of junk (360x288 dots for a 5x4 print), a 72dpi 44" plotter on the other hand has a plot width of 3000 dots assuming a 42" printable width and no limit on the height so might be worth considering.  The high end HP 44" DesignJet claims 2400x1200dpi, but if you try sending an image that is 100,000 pixels across to it I think you will be sorry; I once tried sending something about 5000px wide and 10,000 px high to an older DesignJet and it had to be rebooted.

I guess I'm looking at DPI for the document/image resolution?  Thanks for the information.  I was under the impression that more DPI would mean better looking lines on the monitor/screen.

gimp resolution.jpg
    398 x 461 - 49K
  • I guess I'm looking at DPI for the document/image resolution?  Thanks for the information.  I was under the impression that more DPI would mean better looking lines on the monitor/screen.

Right, that (combined with physical dimensions) is just another way to set the image size in pixels, and its saved in the file (as a number at the front) for use when placing in applications that have a physical docuemnt size (e.g. page layout applications). A pixel, however, is a pixel is a pixel.

Starting to get the feeling that my laptop doesn't like C4D R23  :<

At least this time a crash report was generated... Might be the step towards finding a solution (or finding that I won't be able to reliably run it on this computer, sigh~)

i never want to eat again

essploding

fire truck came around today, they wuz throwing popcorn balls to the  childrens.  and one old lady, me angel

i dont dare eat it, is the toffee popcorn, will rip out whats left of my teeth

"The Gallery is coming soon!"
    Does that mean when it gets here again  all the stuff I uploaded will be poof?  Or will they still be there? :O

I ordered something from Ebay on November 18.  The seller has not even shipped the item yet.  I'm going to request a refund.

• Subtropic PixelSubtropic Pixel Posts: 2,378
    edited November 2020
    McGyver said:

Happy Meleagris Gallopavo Day!

Fun Turkey Facts (Sort of):

- Turkeys were first domesticated in Mexico for food and for their cultural and symbolic contributions, such as the turkey suit and the turkey dance, which was very popular in Aztec society.

I thought the Turkey Dance was originated in Mayan culture.  Huh.  I learn something new every day!

McGyver said:

- Turkeys have been known to be aggressive towards humans and even after the First Turkey War in 1650, turkeys were still raiding colonial villages and groups of turkeys even fought alongside Hessian mercenaries during the revolutionary war. 

I heard that the raids took an ugly turn against the Turkey Mercenaries when some of their elite warriors started using torches.  Feathers are exceedingly flammable, and will burn right down to the nub, and all it takes is to light the tip of the feather with a flame or a spark.

The feather-burned turkeys were not directly harmed in any significant way (the burning feathers just burned down to the roots without flames).  But indirectly, the impact was devastating.  The formerly friendly-to-turkeys Hessian mercenaries took one look at the now featherless turkeys and decided that they looked quite plump and delicious, and hey; what would they taste like if we brushed one with some butter, applied salt and pepper, and roasted it a spit and flame? 

And that brings us to today, where there are no more Turkey Warriors the world over.

McGyver said:

To this day the town of Brookline, Massachusetts advises residents to be aggressive towards turkeys, lest they gain the upper hand and acquire firearms as they did during the Second Turkey War in 1923.

Contrary to the usually-factual Bugs Bunny cartoons, feathers can't hold weapons.  The danger to humans is quite small.

McGyver said:

- Turkey tastes great with stuffing an mashed potatoes.

And on a slice of toast with lettuce, tomato, onion, and any cheese of choice.  Even better with a couple slices of avocado, pickle, or bacon!

McGyver said:

- The "Snood" is the fleshy protrubance on the foreheads of turkeys, while the "Wattle" is the fleshy flap on the neck of turkeys and old rich guys.

If you're a rich old guy with a Smood, you might want to get that taken care of.  Or you might actually be a turkey who thinks he's a rich old guy.

McGyver said:

- Turkeys have been known to practice and enjoy cannibalism... though they do not seem to be fond of eating each other cooked or with cranberry sauce.

Vultures too.  And there is a bird called a "Turkey Vulture".  Not the same thing, and not recommended for Thanksgiving dinner!

McGyver said:

- Turkey, the county was not founded by turkeys, but shares the same name, and in Portuguese the word for turkey is Peru which is also a country but was once ruled by actual turkeys.

I heard about those turkey rulers of Peru.  They were supposedly geniuses at Calculus, rocket trajectories, and economics!  Less skilled in matters of warfare and defense.  And they built Machu Pichu, didn't they?

McGyver said:

- The earliest ancestors of the turkey dates back to the Early Miocene (23 mya)... the Turkeysaurus Rex managed to stay out of the fossil record until well after the arrival of mankind and was a formidable adversary for early humans, even the saber tooth penguin and the wooly chipmunk were no match for such an apex predator.

The largest Turkeysaurus Rex was over 32 feet tall and a single drumstick could feed fourteen families of 4!  Oh, and he had six drumsticks per bird and two sets of wings, making for a fast-moving Avatar-esque (6-legged) bird. 

Societies in this era were well known for their month-long "Dances of Thanks", followed by massive week-long triptophan-induced naps.  This may have formed an early basis for today's American custom of "Thanksgiving Dinner and falling asleep during the football game".

McGyver said:

- The Aztec associated turkeys with the trickster god Tezcatlipoca due to its comical behavior a penchant for telling salty jokes.

The biggest challenge was the language barrier.  So anthropologists are not certain that these were jokes being told, except for the rhyme and meter being similar to the modern-day haiku.

McGyver said:

- Turkeys can on their own, fly short distances unassisted, but fitted with a jetpack can travel great distances... Charles Lindbergh considered flying across the Atlantic on a turkey, but eventually settled on an aircraft named "The Spirit of Saint Louis" after his beloved giant turkey, “Saint Louis”.

If aimed the wrong way, jetpacks will also fast-fry a turkey; fact!

McGyver said:

- Contrary to popular belief, turkeys are not allowed to drive tractor trailers in most of the USA.

Alaska's long-haul routes are experiencing a shortage of qualified drivers, so Alaska is working to correct this.

McGyver said:

- Turkey poop provides the fuel for a 55 megawatt Turkey Poop Power Plant in western Minnesota.

Grand Junction, Colorado took this idea and figured that since humans outnumber turkeys by several orders of magnitude, we could do the same thing with human poop!

McGyver said:

- Turkey Bowling is a sport that involves bowling with the frozen carcass of a turkey... it is believed to have evolved from an incident where the victorious colonists threw around the corpse of the Turkey King, Lord Gobbles after defeating him in the Battle of Turkey Hill. The brand of ice cream bearing the same name was originally only available on VT day (September 8) and was only available in Turkey or gravy flavor.

Some bowling alleys now require bowlers to wear steel-toed shoes when participating in the sport of Turkey Bowling.  The Turkey Bowling Sporting Association Society (TB-SPAS) is also considering new rules on where the finger holes should be located, as well as the dressings used in the turkey and for the alley surfaces.  Also, since the maximum weight of a bowling ball is only 16 pounds, the association is considering a rule to separate turkey bowlers by "weight class".  If passed in January's board meeting, turkeys over 20 pounds would be bowled on a steel alley, with the game duration reduced from 10 frames to 8.

McGyver said:

These are little known facts, so please do not share them indiscriminately with strangers at parties (if those ever occur again) or with anyone who you are hoping to impress with you newfound trivia knowledge.

Parties are not allowed with more than 1 person at a time, even if you have other people living with you.  But turkeys are still allowed to congregate in unlimitedly large groups.  If the turkeys ever decide to arm themselves again, we might be at a serious numbers disadvantage, especially if they ever decide to attack party-going humans following social distancing rules.

Post edited by Subtropic Pixel on

how do you make chixn soup from scratch?

i remember bullyon cubes, i cant imagine the sodium.  i always used tomato paste as a base.

This discussion has been closed.