The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited November 2020
    Mystiarra said:
    McGyver said:

It's bad enough that the grocery stores are full of annoying people, now I've got this guy following me around in Stop & Plop*...

I don't get along with robots and this one has to keep crossing my path... That didn't turn out so well for the Roomba.

*Stop & Shop

Marty!!

Marty doesnt actually clean.  he lets the store's minimum wagers know where the cleanups are needed

Hmmm..., So..., does that imply that if it is following McGyver, then that is where the cleanup is needed?  Like that character in Charlie Brown comics with a perpetual cloud of dust around his feet?surprise

Edited to fix the name.blush  (small brain fart; thinking "dirt", so "clean" followed; minor neuron mis-fire.)

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675
    Mystiarra said:
    McGyver said:

It's bad enough that the grocery stores are full of annoying people, now I've got this guy following me around in Stop & Plop*...

I don't get along with robots and this one has to keep crossing my path... That didn't turn out so well for the Roomba.

*Stop & Shop

Marty!!

Marty doesnt actually clean.  he lets the store's minimum wagers know where the cleanups are needed

Hmmm..., So..., does that imply that if it is following McClean, then that is where the cleanup is needed?  Like that character in Charlie Brown comics with a perpetual cloud of dust around his feet?surprise

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180
    Mystiarra said:
    McGyver said:

*Stop & Shop

Marty!!

A friend's mom works at Stop & Shop...they actually pay better than minimum wage as far as I uderstand.

Dana

Mystiarra said:
    McGyver said:

*Stop & Shop

Marty!!

Hmmm..., So..., does that imply that if it is following McGyver, then that is where the cleanup is needed?  Like that character in Charlie Brown comics with a perpetual cloud of dust around his feet?surprise

Edited to fix the name.blush  (small brain fart; thinking "dirt", so "clean" followed; minor neuron mis-fire.)

I think they called that character Pigpen.

Dana

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Marty?... it's "M.A.R.T.Y. - Malevolent Armed Robotic Transdimensional Yodeler"... once he starts yodeling and the blue lights turn red... look out.

I'm not sure about the purpose of the yodeling, but it's terrifying... 

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    Mystiarra said:

i've given up on alll cetain galleries, in favor of making my own.  i still have some renders on renderot'ka

maybe i should make my own gallery.  I found some free wiki type server software.  Thanks for the idea!

• TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072
    McGyver said:

Marty?... it's "M.A.R.T.Y. - Malevolent Armed Robotic Transdimensional Yodeler"... once he starts yodeling and the blue lights turn red... look out.

Still better than Vogon poetry.

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047
    TJohn said:
    McGyver said:

I dunno... "Ode to a Small Lump of Green Putty I Found in My Armpit One Midsummer Morning" is kind of bittersweet and can warm the cockles of ones liver vents.

If one has liver vents... otherwise one may possibly feel a slight twinge in their pancreas.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,947
    TJohn said:
    McGyver said:

...can't be any worse than Klingon Opera.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582
    kyoto kid said:
    TJohn said:
    McGyver said:

There's nothing wrong with Klingon Opera, unless you're one of those weaklings who can't go for 3 days with no food, water, or bathroom breaks.

wat is grool?  i imshininh domr gotm og ostmrsl

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975
    Mystiarra said:

ummm @Mystiarra you done lost your letters........ grool as in runny porridge?

• carrie58 said:
    Mystiarra said:

ummm @Mystiarra you done lost your letters........ grool as in runny porridge?

mis-aligned left fingers - "I imagine some form of oatmeal"

• kyoto kid said:
    TJohn said:
    McGyver said:

There's nothing wrong with Klingon Opera, unless you're one of those weaklings who can't go for 3 days with no food, water, or bathroom breaks.

peDoghQo', I do enjoy a good Klingon opera

edited November 2020
    Mystiarra said:

...ah:

"I'm imagining some form of oatmeal" 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • RezcaRezca Posts: 3,393
    edited November 2020

I just thought, but if the C4D Bridge gets updated for R23 I might actually have a reason to buy critters from DAZ again,  since I'd spent so long kind of uninterested in the stoe since "DUF For Days!" when it came to the things I was looking at,   but with the Bridge I could just port those over to Cinema and mess with them there.  I wouldn't be limited to just what Poser can load anymore.
    I've had some luck just exporting out as FBX in the meantime, but not everything's been willing to play nicely there.  The Morphing Python's head (mostly the eyes and jaw) for instance don't approve of that.

I still want to learn how to make my own critters someday too though~

Post edited by Rezca on

runny porridge?? dont sound tasty. 

why is justice blind?  shouldnt she open her eyes to see the truth?
    i can understand love being blind.

...I think it's meant to represent being impartial and objective 

i just discovered that I bought some of Ron's brushes six years ago but I haven't even downloaded them.  I bought them because I read that .abr brushes are compatible with Gimp program.

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

i just discovered that I bought some of Ron's brushes six years ago but I haven't even downloaded them.  I bought them because I read that .abr brushes are compatible with Gimp program.

They are ...

...also with PSP beginning with ver 5 or 6 I believe.

now i need to organize my brushes.  I downloaded too many. lol.  Maybe I'll delete the redundant brushes too if I can find the correct file.

edited November 2020

...yeah I only installed the ones I would use the most in the Programme and put the rest in a separate folder to access when I need them, otherwise if you have too many installed, Gimp seriously bogs down when opening. 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited November 2020

Lingering Childhood:  Anybody admit to lingering childhood habits?

For example, whenever I make a cup of hot chocolate I spoon the chocolate powder mix  onto the hot water (or hot milk) in my cup, and it forms a floating island on the top.  I patiently sit and watch the island crumble into the sea and imagine running from the crumbling edge as if in some old monster movie where the island breaks up and disappears beneath the sea.   I've been doing this since the '50s.blush  For it to be perfect all I'd need do is figure out how to make a little chocolate volcano spouting in the center of the pile and I'd be happy.devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
    edited November 2020

Complaint:  I made an INJ morph for the Digi-I Tyranno  and wanted to open it up in D|S too but even after it imports the morphs they won't show up :/

Non-Complaint:  Painting in 3DCoat is very fun, and actually kind of relaxing~

Post edited by Rezca on
    edited November 2020

Painted to match a friend's character. A simple, but effective design.   Still using the original bump map though, and haven't painted a mask for the mouth yet either (can see where the specularity and stuff suddenly cuts off),  but I'll get to that some other time.

3DCoat's going on sale this weekend,  maybe I can get an upgrade to the Pro license, have more paint layers and larger textures! 

Alex_1.jpg
    3200 x 1800 - 306K
    Post edited by Rezca on
  • TJohnTJohn Posts: 11,072

Lingering Childhood:  Anybody admit to lingering childhood habits?

For example, whenever I make a cup of hot chocolate I spoon the chocolate powder mix  onto the hot water (or hot milk) in my cup, and it forms a floating island on the top.  I patiently sit and watch the island crumble into the sea and imagine running from the crumbling edge as if in some old monster movie where the island breaks up and disappears beneath the sea.   I've been doing this since the '50s.blush  For it to be perfect all I'd need do is figure out how to make a little chocolate volcano spouting in the center of the pile and I'd be happy.devil

Lingering childhood habits? I've never given any of them up. 

And I've picked up more along the way - like a love for Spongebob Squarepants cartoons. smiley

a weird thing this morning.  woke up literally drenched in aweat.  yuck.  never happened before.  

Mystiarra said:

a weird thing this morning.  woke up literally drenched in aweat.  yuck.  never happened before.  

surprise

This discussion has been closed.