The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I thought that YouTube premium allowed me to see the videos when the app isn't active but I can only hear it.  Bummer.

I think it works but you have to have a device that supports picture-in-picture.

YouTube video over AccuWeather App YouTube video over AccuWeather App YouTube video over AccuWeather App

• NylonGirl said:

LeatherGryphon said:

NylonGirl said:

So it's a Winter Wonderland in my city. As I was taking my niece to get a birthday cake, I slipped in the parking lot and busted half of my surprise

Back at home, I slipped on the stairs and busted the other half.

After I recovered what must be $5000 USD of coins that fell out of the purse I was carrying, I went back to the car, which I discovered was stuck in a patch of snow that was hardening into ice. After a brief scene that probably looked like one of those fetish videos in which the girl absolutely cannot get a car going, I got the car unstuck.

After getting the car parked and finally getting safely indoors, the maintenance crew came to shovel the snow so nobody would get hurt.

The cake is fine.

Sorry about your falls,sad but so glad to hear about the cake.yes  But I know why you kept slipping.  Anybody who carries $5000 in US coins with them needs a strong back and stable legs.  Either that or you couldn't handle your wheelbarrow.indecision  Even if it was all in $25 rolls of $1 coins, that would be 200 of them weighing 89.29 pounds (40.58kg).surprise

Query for the idle and curious:  Would any quantity of US coins (identical or mixed demoninations) totalling $5000 weigh less than 89.29 pounds?  Which denomination (or combination) would weigh the most?

Next time I'm walking on a sheet of ice, I will carry a cactus instead since that will be less heavy. I don't anticipate anything going wrong.

Things might not go wrong exactly, but it would be a prickly situation.devil 

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited January 2021

Non-complaint:  Mmmmm... cholesterol...smiley  Breakfast consisted of corned beef hash, eggs, black coffee and 5.5 oz of V8 juice.  Forbidden breakfast of ancient ones.yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on
  • Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

Free items today aren't free because one has to buy a new release.  I can't afford any new releases as I am broke.

• starionwolfstarionwolf Posts: 3,670
    edited January 2021

i think my new 1,800 RPM computer fan is loud.  I might unplug the fan to see if the noise stops.  The noise is so bad that I have a headache.

Post edited by starionwolf on

I went to eye doctor and they put drops into my eyes.  My eyes now feel tired but I don't feel like taking a nap.

I also went to dollar tree and stocked up on snacks, but mostly junk food.  I now need to stay out of the kitchen or at least away from the snacks or they will be gone.  I also probably would get sick for sugar overload I guess.

edited January 2021

Non-complaint: Wheee... my new computer case has arrived. I can start assembling things.smiley

Complaint: I never realized that my new ATX computer case is slightly smaller than my other ATX case.frown By about a half inch in width and nearly an inch in height. The width might kill me though. Specifications for my new CPU cooler say it needs 165mm of head room to fit in the case. But upon careful examination, the specifications of my new case say 165mm is the maximum cooler height but only if the cooler is located within the area of the side window (i.e. not hitting the metal part of the side). Now I need to start checking that out. I hope I don't have to go hunting for a different cooler (or case).

'Nother complaint: The only way I've so far figured out how to display the illuminated guts of my new computer so that they can be admired without getting on my hands & knees under a desk, or stick my head between the wall and the computer, or not have to buy a bunch of new extra long cables, is to buy another table on which to set the new computer high enough to be seen.surprise That unfortunately is the correct solution, because a small square table would fit right in the empty corner between the two tables that currently form my work area. I guess I need to go shopping for a small square table. (Actually my work area is a squarish “U” formed by three tables with one of the corners already occupied by an old typing table. Now I need to fill the other corner.)   Wheee... shopping.

Yet another complaint: So, if I get a new table for the corner, then what do I do with the junk and tangle of wires that currently occupy that spot?frown

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

i went for a nice 40 minute walk in the fresh air.  it made me hungry for hot soup.  ssippsss  too hot for slurping

Miss Bad Wolf said:

Free items today aren't free because one has to buy a new release.  I can't afford any new releases as I am broke.

this is showing as free  https://www.daz3d.com/aniston-for-genesis-3-female-s ;

I think it is dinner time.  I am getting hungry and also sleepy?

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

...600$ survival payment finally arrived via direct deposit. so sent off the order for the new display.  Only decided to get a single one as I discovered the original display I've had for years has a HDMI port (doh!) and he Titan-X also has one.   The really nice part is that new display comes with all three types of cables DVI/HDMI/DirectConnect so I'm covered.

So in a few days I I'll have the 12 GB Titan connected to both monitors, then dForce won't be such a pain as I will have better response in Iray view mode.

• All of LG's and KK's computer work is making me think I should start my sinking fund for either a Mac or a replacement PC. 

LG, I have a similar problem to yours:  no good place to put the PC case for proper display.  I have a "3-table" design like yours, only mine is 2 L-shaped tables and I'm planning to add a center table; a new sit-stand desk to help me by with my day job with all the long sitting.  I think THAT may make it more difficult to place the PC case, because it's pretty tall (full sized tower) and I'll need to ensure ample slack in cables to account for the range of movement of the sit-stand desk.

Waiting for all the sit-stand parts to arrive...

I can't find my Bluetooth headphones.  My auto suggestion wanted me to say that I can't find my iPad which is odd because that is what I'm on.

I found a free web hosting thing but not sure how to put Wordpress on it.

dunno why i thought walking would help my swollen feets.  today, cant get my sneakers on to these monstrous walrus feets

Complaint: my friends want to eat too much fish food in my humble opinion but they won't listen to me.  They keep on asking for fish food.

6227F2C9-BF3C-4C65-9B3D-278B31648341.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    C3458BB1-1CA8-4C05-BEA4-9AC1A07F3EE4.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    7F7C3E89-54F0-44FB-9F4D-C18F079005AD.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    20C91407-DCB4-470E-A75E-5772A9EC075F.jpeg
    3264 x 2448 - 1M
    edited January 2021

noodle soup in kung fu panda sounds so yummy making me drool.  not pretty.  

secret of the noodle soup recipe?

is there a kitchen gadget to make home made noodles from scratch?

my irish granddad passed year before i was born.  never learned the secret to a proper black and tan.

Post edited by Mistara on

Mystiarra said:

my irish granddad passed year before i was born.  never learned the secret to a proper black and tan.

There probably is a kitchen gadget that can help make homemade pasta noodles but I am not sure. 

i like the leetl pastina stars

edited January 2021

It is 5 pm here and I want a nap.  I'm just so sleepy and I can't seem to find out why.

I hope it isn't Covid.

edit the current weather here?

EBF292FD-B37C-46BA-BCB6-472BA17D69F1.png
    1536 x 2048 - 4M
    Post edited by Sfariah D on

feels so blahh.  cake bites not helping.

lime in vodka feels too desperation

Mystiarra said:

I feel blah too and tired.  I tried going to food but that made things worse.  I decided to take a shower which helped some but still feel a bit blah.  Also where did I put that bag which has that handwritten story bit?  I was thinking of typing it up with my stupid iPad.  Maybe the iPad isn't stupid, but it gets full so fast so easily. 

Miss Bad Wolf said:

Mystiarra said:

There probably is a kitchen gadget that can help make homemade pasta noodles but I am not sure. 

...had one of those but gave it away as the kitchen in my place is so small, there is no large flat counter to roll the dough out on and no place to store the pasta maker when not in use.

After donating much of the cooking and baking gear I had because I had no room for it all, several individuals likely ended up with nicely equipped kitchens including my lovely 1960s Mixmaster that had both standard beaters and a pastry hook. That was difficult to part with. 

edited January 2021

...ugh double post.  Got an anti-clockwise swirly that went on for several minutes after clicking "Submit Comment" (which usually means the browser is having trouble uplinking).  Stopped it and tried again later only to have it posted twice.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on

tee hee

edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

..well, you could put the lime in the coconut.  

Post edited by kyoto kid on

I can't find the story I want to type up.  It wasn't in the bag I thought it was in.  It isn't attached to my clipboard.  I don't know where it is.  Maybe I can start from scratch and rewrite it better.

• DiomedeDiomede Posts: 15,128

career change?

edited January 2021

Non-complaint:  I've started assembling my computer.  Got the new 2.5 inch SSD installed and the new DVD r/w drive installed.  I've read the motherboard manual from cover to cover.  But I have to stop there because the rest of the build is waiting on the new power supply for my old computer to arrive so that I can steal back my new power supply for the new computer.  Also, many of the other drives & circuit cards need to be removed from the other two computers (the game of 3-computer musical chairs is about to begin).  I also resolved my table problem.  I couldn't find a square table of the right dimensions under $200 so I opted for a cheap ($30)  3-shelf bookcase that is the right height and just the right horizontal dimensions for my new computer to sit on and display its innards.  The bookcase will also provide a place for the overflow from my other, overly crammed, bookcase.  Killed two birds with one stone! Yay!  And not being square it leaves a little room on the floor for a tangle of cables and junk.  (3 birds) Yay!yes  New bookcase won't arrive until next week.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Stop killing birds!  I like birds!   blush

Dana

This discussion has been closed.