The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

kyoto kid said:

...still not good.  Threatening to withhold a payment you are completely entitled to on such grounds sounds a bit extreme if not "extortionist". 

Give up tech? Like how are you to make/receive phone calls, or shop for items not available in your location?  If working with 3D is something you love and make you feel better, what is wrong with that? You've invested a lot in this  from what I've read over the years, yet this person seems to want you to throw it all away. 

I'd speak with someone at your state's Social Services agency about this. 

Thank you!  

• Mystiarra said:

pulled an all nighter to finish an excel sheet for work.  makes nuts.  cant find a convenient way to copy past formulas without it updating the reference.

next spreadsheet project they want in google sheets.

i earned my paycheq this week.  

too wound up to fall asleep yet.  my eyes are burning, but brain still chugging

brewing a cuppa tea.  dansk cookies all gone.  got nothin to tea dunk.  i wonders if there is a jane austen recipe book out there.  for old,old,ole fairy cakes.angel

Generally, prefix the column/row id with a $ sign - e.g. $A$1 will always point to cell A1 when moved, $a1 will always point to column A but the row will update to relfect the new location, a$1 will always point to row 1 but the column will update to reflect the new position.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited January 2021

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., more packages arriving today (supposedly).  New bookcase to act as stand for my new computer, and repository for my excess books and nick-nacks (objet d'art)  Also, wheee, I've completed the reassembly of the one of two computers.  Actually the new case that was to be my new DAZing machine turned out to be simply a new case for my year old DAZing machine.  I got to thinking and redesigned my new layout.   This will be the third case that that  i5 CPU microATX motherboard has lived in.surprise  It started out as an upgrade to a really old HP and lived in an ancient HP MicroATX case for a year, then I bought a big ATX case (no window, no DVD cage) for it and rehomed the motherboard to it and and gave it a proper graphics card while it served as my DAZing machine for a year.  And now that MicroATX motherboard is finally moved into a newer, slightly smaller ATX case but with a window and DVD cage and without it's fancy graphics card.  This machine will serve as my new principal machine for daily work documents, basic image processing, email, web browsing, mass data storage, multi-peripheral device handler, etc.yes  It's software still needs to be re-arranged a bit (DAZ files need to be moved to the new DAZ machine and I still need to give it the duties of my old principal machine (the old sick HP that I recently resusitated with a new power supply)  But no hurry now that the old HP is still kicking.smiley

The actual new DAZing machine still isn't finished (awaiting memory) but will be a full ATX motherboard with i7 CPU assembled into the older (but larger) windowless ATX case along with my Nvidia GTX 1660 graphics card, lots of fast storage and dedicated to modeling, rendering and heavy image & video processing.yes  Also, by using the older, larger case, my huge CPU cooler that was too big for the new case, will actually fit in this case so I don't have to return it.  Yay!

Complaint:  I've become fascinated by RGB lighting.frown  I had one piece of RGB in the older DAZing machine (the CPU fan) but it was hidden in the windowless case.  But now that it's visible through the window of the new case, and the new case came with two white lighted fans, I liked the look of it.  So I ordered an RGB light string, and three RGB fans and will be playing musical chairs with the fans to get the two white fans into the windowless case but slightly visible through the front air filter, and the RGB fans and light strings will be in the windowed case.  And all the RGB devices are controllable by the Asus "AURA" RGB control that is on both of the new motherboards (Asus Prime B360M-A, and Asus Prime Z490-A).  I can see where this could become an addiction! surprise  Perhaps I'll get a disco mirror ball and light projectors and replace the ceiling light in my living room.  Wheee, it's the '70s all over again.  devil

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

I found out a reason for my moodiness last night. I can't go into too much details but actually I can but then I would enter tmi territory.  All I can say almost every month I get into a very emotional status and can't control my emotions.  That is why.

I'm undecided if I want to do an Amazon fresh order with the Amazon gift card I have.  I was thinking of getting peanut butter and stevia for my coffee.  I know it is free shipping if I spend 35 or more but I don't have that big of a gift card.  

• NylonGirlNylonGirl Posts: 1,738

Mystiarra said:

pulled an all nighter to finish an excel sheet for work.  makes nuts.  cant find a convenient way to copy past formulas without it updating the reference.

brewing a cuppa tea.  dansk cookies all gone.  got nothin to tea dunk.  i wonders if there is a jane austen recipe book out there.  for old,old,ole fairy cakes.angel

I thought you could click on the cell and press F2 to show the original formula, and then copy and paste. 

• McGyverMcGyver Posts: 7,047

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I found out a reason for my moodiness last night. I can't go into too much details but actually I can but then I would enter tmi territory.  All I can say almost every month I get into a very emotional status and can't control my emotions.  That is why.

I hear you... it's this damn lycanthropy... you bite one werewolf and you are screwed for life... in my defense though, I didn't realize he was a werewolf, I just thought he was going to take my sandwich.

There is no shame in biting anyone who gets too close to your food or is delivering a package.

I've found WairVoolphinol to be good at reducing the symptoms of lycanthropy... NoHowlin and StopBitin are two generic versions you can probably get from Walmart or CVS...

But remember, lycanthropy still doesn't have a cure, and you can still spread it... I wish I'd have realized that before I bit my friend's chubby little dachshund... now every full moon the poor creature turns into a small dumpy weirdly proportioned hairy human who complains a lot... but in my defense, I thought he was going to take my sandwich.

• MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

NylonGirl said:

Mystiarra said:

I thought you could click on the cell and press F2 to show the original formula, and then copy and paste. 

tried.  mebbe it only works for once cll at a time?  i was copying a 6 column/cell stretch.  

Richard Haseltine said:

Mystiarra said:

Generally, prefix the column/row id with a $ sign - e.g. $A$1 will always point to cell A1 when moved, $a1 will always point to column A but the row will update to relfect the new location, a$1 will always point to row 1 but the column will update to reflect the new position.

worth a try, if i can find the setting in excel to make it use the literal reference. 

working from home, is just as hard work.  difference is can make snacks all day. angel.  thinkin bout fetuccini alfredo. devil

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,975

McGyver said:

I hear you... it's this damn lycanthropy... you bite one werewolf and you are screwed for life... in my defense though, I didn't realize he was a werewolf, I just thought he was going to take my sandwich.

There is no shame in biting anyone who gets too close to your food or is delivering a package.

I've found WairVoolphinol to be good at reducing the symptoms of lycanthropy... NoHowlin and StopBitin are two generic versions you can probably get from Walmart or CVS...

But remember, lycanthropy still doesn't have a cure, and you can still spread it... I wish I'd have realized that before I bit my friend's chubby little dachshund... now every full moon the poor creature turns into a small dumpy weirdly proportioned hairy human who complains a lot... but in my defense, I thought he was going to take my sandwich.

OMG Thank you  I needed that

How I feel right now 

A87674A8-A706-4F3D-8152-C6A298DF980C.png
    1536 x 2048 - 5M

I'm thinking of canceling my Amazon fresh order, because I'm too nervous about Covid.

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I'm thinking of canceling my Amazon fresh order, because I'm too nervous about Covid.

Amazon customer service won't cancel my order. 

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I was thinking of getting peanut butter and stevia for my coffee.

Do you like your coffee smooth or chunky?

Fixmypcmike said:

Miss Bad Wolf said:

I was thinking of getting peanut butter and stevia for my coffee.

Do you like your coffee smooth or chunky?

peanut butter= chunky.  Oops!  The stevia is for coffee but the peanut butter is for sandwiches I guess which I would eat with my coffee.  0.o 

edited January 2021

i ordered 3lbs of royal dansk cookies from amazon.  limit of 4 tins per customer

i'm nervous of running out of t.p. again.  i was down to 2 rolls at one point.

my bday next month.  i wanna do a mylilpony party. laugh  never too old for my lil pony.  the music. the caaake. the pretty paper plates and matching napkins.  surely theres a mlp table cover.  want the bakery mlp cake with cannoli filling with the chocolate chips.

wonders if the tattoo place ever reopened.  been meaning to get a fluttershy tatt on my thigh.  some room there between my flutterby wings.  i also love rainbow dash.  only so much room on my legs.  been wanting to do the flutterby wings flying up my body.  got 2 bigger sets on my leg.  3 smaller ones on my hip.  nothing in my tramp area.  thinkin a unicorn with flowing mane, and tail hanging down.  tee hee. 

i earned my paycheq this week.  got one google sheet to finish.  then i need more projects for job security.  hoping to bing pepper home from the animal shelter.  they have a rottie mix there. been texting the link to everyone i know. 

is harder for big dogs to be adopted.  my Brenden was 60lbs.  really was too heavy for me.  was a monumental effort when his health declined.  bigger dogs have a shorter lifespan.  he had the hip dlxia.  but he was nearing his 6 months at the county shelter.  wasnt a no kill shelter.  had to step p and bring him home. i think the angels were helping me and him.

Post edited by Mistara on

There is talk about us moving this week, which is stressful for me.  I think it is just temporary but not sure.  I don't have a lot of details unfortunately.

whats the difference tween a pot roast and a roast beef and a sauerbraten?
    which one has the string around it?
    ever cook a sauerbraten in the slow cooker?
    shopping for a proper skillet.  hungree.

• fixmypcmikefixmypcmike Posts: 19,582

Mystiarra said:

A pot roast is when a bunch of comedians get together and tell jokes about the pot of honor.

A roast beef is when the pot of honor develops a grudge against one of the roasters.

Such a pot is called a sauerbraten.

edited January 2021

whats the cheapest way to get the g8m pro bits?

i want to test it in carrara.  

edited January 2021

Fixmypcmike said:

Mystiarra said:

A pot roast is when a bunch of comedians get together and tell jokes about the pot of honor.

A roast beef is when the pot of honor develops a grudge against one of the roasters.

Such a pot is called a sauerbraten.

i heard some relatives are having hard times.    it  sweet they wont take money frome me.  means i have to use my stimulus to get a new stove and start inviting them over for dinners again.  4 grown ups ad 4 teenagers to feed.  dunno what else to cook for teenage appetites.  can do a big pot o spaghettis.  mebbe be better to get a propane bbq?  cuz then i could hope for volunteers to do the actual cooking.  i would never feed anyone with hot dog nitrates.  

following the covid rules means people go hungry.  humming the we will survive song

my young cousin loves strawberries and rasberries.  it goes bad so fast.   i should learn how to make jam out of it.

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee..., more packages arriving today (supposedly).  New bookcase to act as stand for my new computer, and repository for my excess books and nick-nacks (objet d'art)  Also, wheee, I've completed the reassembly of the one of two computers.  Actually the new case that was to be my new DAZing machine turned out to be simply a new case for my year old DAZing machine.  I got to thinking and redesigned my new layout.   This will be the third case that that  i5 CPU microATX motherboard has lived in.surprise  It started out as an upgrade to a really old HP and lived in an ancient HP MicroATX case for a year, then I bought a big ATX case (no window, no DVD cage) for it and rehomed the motherboard to it and and gave it a proper graphics card while it served as my DAZing machine for a year.  And now that MicroATX motherboard is finally moved into a newer, slightly smaller ATX case but with a window and DVD cage and without it's fancy graphics card.  This machine will serve as my new principal machine for daily work documents, basic image processing, email, web browsing, mass data storage, multi-peripheral device handler, etc.yes  It's software still needs to be re-arranged a bit (DAZ files need to be moved to the new DAZ machine and I still need to give it the duties of my old principal machine (the old sick HP that I recently resusitated with a new power supply)  But no hurry now that the old HP is still kicking.smiley

The actual new DAZing machine still isn't finished (awaiting memory) but will be a full ATX motherboard with i7 CPU assembled into the older (but larger) windowless ATX case along with my Nvidia GTX 1660 graphics card, lots of fast storage and dedicated to modeling, rendering and heavy image & video processing.yes  Also, by using the older, larger case, my huge CPU cooler that was too big for the new case, will actually fit in this case so I don't have to return it.  Yay!

Complaint:  I've become fascinated by RGB lighting.frown  I had one piece of RGB in the older DAZing machine (the CPU fan) but it was hidden in the windowless case.  But now that it's visible through the window of the new case, and the new case came with two white lighted fans, I liked the look of it.  So I ordered an RGB light string, and three RGB fans and will be playing musical chairs with the fans to get the two white fans into the windowless case but slightly visible through the front air filter, and the RGB fans and light strings will be in the windowed case.  And all the RGB devices are controllable by the Asus "AURA" RGB control that is on both of the new motherboards (Asus Prime B360M-A, and Asus Prime Z490-A).  I can see where this could become an addiction! surprise  Perhaps I'll get a disco mirror ball and light projectors and replace the ceiling light in my living room.  Wheee, it's the '70s all over again.  devil

...the two front fans on my system have red LED lighting with the black facade makes it look a bit sinister.  As there isa big intake fan with a removable dust filter on the left panel instead of a window no reason for additional lighting as it is in a housing that protrudes out form the side. . 

Ah the new display arrived today will be setting it up later (have to swap the Titan in first) then back to a full 12 GB of VRAM and working on bigger scenes again (4GB is enough for a single clothed character, sometimes two if the clothing is fairly simple, with an HDRI environment) anything more and it dumps to the CPU.  

edited January 2021

Mystiarra said:

whats the cheapest way to get the g8m pro bits?

i want to test it in carrara.  

...unfortunately the best deals were at the end of the Holiday sale when they were discounting a number of G8 Pro Bundles in 2 Hr Blink Sales  I got the Mr. Woo Pro Bundle for something like14$ with my loyalty bonus and the sale discount stacking together.  

Next best chance may be March Madness but keep watching the banner on the store page.

Post edited by kyoto kid on

my day job has suspended hiring.  not really surprised.

they appointed a chief diversity oficer.  dont know what that is, didnt know there was a job opening for it.

i have to drum up some work database projects so they remember how much they need me.  my latest bright idea is to barcode the inventory.  hard to do from home.

kyoto kid said:

LeatherGryphon said:

...the two front fans on my system have red LED lighting with the black facade makes it look a bit sinister.  As there isa big intake fan with a removable dust filter on the left panel instead of a window no reason for additional lighting as it is in a housing that protrudes out form the side. . 

Ah the new display arrived today will be setting it up later (have to swap the Titan in first) then back to a full 12 GB of VRAM and working on bigger scenes again (4GB is enough for a single clothed character, sometimes two if the clothing is fairly simple, with an HDRI environment) anything more and it dumps to the CPU.  

yous'a giving me the new computer feeva.  wants a thread ripper.  i feel like i the only one in the world without a tablet..  the ipad air 64gb is 30 a month with a tmobile plan.   i also want an imac.  i watched tuts on final cut pro, time going to waste without the actual s/w.   i cant see the carrara ui these days, so i really dont need final cut pro right now.  but i still wants it.  and 3d coat. and cinema4d with vray.

25F tnight, holey moleys

drooling over kitchen stuff at home depot.  the farm style sinks.  and the freestanding stoves on legs are soo cute. zomg.

seeing the jars for home made jam.  and looks like i need pectin powder to jellify the fruits?  dont see any jam recipes that dont call for sugar.  eek, lots more than 2 tbsps.  looking for a low sodium ranch dressing.  baby carrots so tastier with ranch dressing.

...would love a Threadripper 3990x with 64 cores/128 threads at 4,3 GHz.   Sadly not compatible with Windows 7 add in 64 GB of memory and a couple PCIe SSDs then slap in an Nvidia RTX A6000 with 48 GB of VRAM and it becomes a beast for both 3DL and Iray.

Will be about 20° warmer here tonight but lots of rain, rain, rain, tonight though tomorrow, then a one day break again.

Speaking of "shredding" finishing off the last of my shredded teriyaki beef over jasmine rice topped with my special ginger and turmeric stir fry veggies. 

a 80 bux 4gb card would be fine for my needs.  

all the threadripper prebuilts come with those thousand dollar graphics cards.  even if selecting customizable rigs, doesnt give options for cheaps gpu cards

yeah, i much prefer win7 too.  when i fire up my win7 pc its like coming home

...I even picked up a refurbished notebook with W7 Pro and a 256 GB SSD (instead of a conventional hard drive) this weekend for my role play game sessions (I have all my game books on PDF so I don't have to lug a heavy bunch of of "dead ttree" copies around).  All the new notebooks today come with W10.  

its 25f outside right now, Huntington NY

3am and i still awake.  thought i'd be sleeping like a baby wit the spreadsheet finally done and off my todo list

some movies are best in the dead of night.  like Dark City

Alfredo sauce is horrrible reheated. turns into oil.

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Mystiarra said:

Alfredo sauce is horrrible reheated. turns into oil.

Yeah, if you heat it in the microwave. Some things you just need to put in a pan the old fashioned way.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.