The completely gratuitous complaint thread

Comments

• kyoto kidkyoto kid Posts: 40,948
    edited January 2021

Late night non complaint

... just checked my inbox a few minutes ago and saw an email from my bank mentioning there was a deposit.   So signed into my personal account and budgeting site and found out I received and SSI payment I was informed I might have still been eligible for a few days ago.  That was fast.   Nice late B'day and Yule prezzie.  

Yeah ,I've become lazy in my old age, considering I spent 20 years of my life in accounting work which included tracking production & inventory. creating spreadsheets, preparing and putting together client billing dockets, along with overhauling the company's billing system and bringing it into the "modern era". 

Post edited by kyoto kid on
  • MistaraMistara Posts: 38,675

sauerbraten is a meat soaked in white vinegar overnight?

• SevrinSevrin Posts: 6,305

I rewatched Bonding on Netflix yesterday.  It's only a couple of hours to watch the whole series.  Today they emailed me to suggest that I watch it again.

• Sfariah DSfariah D Posts: 26,127

My amazon fresh order came in and I'm disappointed with the amount of bananas and the size of the rice container.  The cereal box was a good size though. I feel stupid for doing the order.

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

Alfredo sauce is horrrible reheated. turns into oil.

Yeah, if you heat it in the microwave. Some things you just need to put in a pan the old fashioned way.

Dana

it's parmesan cheese? 

new sad thought, if they drove me to the animal shelter, i won't be able to see the buppies.
    but is better not to judge a dog by looks.

• LeatherGryphonLeatherGryphon Posts: 11,455
    edited January 2021

Non-complaint:  Wheee... My new RAM has arrived and I've almost finished assembling my new(est) computer (still waiting for new fans, and I still need to install the graphics card).  And I've discovered that my new motherboard (Asus Prime Z490-A) has a couple of RGB lights on it.  Looks pretty nice.  Shame though that it will be hidden in a windowless case.  But I've made my design choices and everything's assembled now.  I'm not going to go and swap cases again.  This is just an excuse to, sometime in the future, do another build with the experience I've gleaned from this set of builds.

I've turned on the new motherboard without an OS installed and it spins its fans, and POST's to the BIOS config page, recognizes the 1TB M.2 SSD, the 1TB SATA SSD, and the two 2TB SATA hard drives.  I'm waiting until the game of musical chairs with the case fans is finished before I complete the cable management.  But even without tying them all down, they're pretty organized.

I've got a copy of Win10-Pro ready to install, but I think I'll wait until tomorrow to tackle that.  Wheee, such fun.smiley

I'm still waiting for my new bookcase to arrive so I can have another place to set a computer.

Complaint:  I'm beginning to not like the new keyboard with big lighted letters on the keycaps, it's too sensitive.frown  I keep glancing a neighboring key and getting either an 'l' or an 'a' where I don't want them.  Must learn to control my fingers more carefully.  I'm a pianist, I'm sure I can do it.

'Nother non-complaint:  A few weeks ago I had trouble with a keyboard not working so I bought that new lighted one.  Well, it seems that the keyboard trouble may have been related to the power supply issue in that old HP computer, because I've tested that boogered keyboard with my new computer and it seems to be working.  Yay, yet another piece of equipment rescued from the dump.yes

Post edited by LeatherGryphon on

..yeah teh PSU can affect a number of compotrnents. 

the ramifications of new rams

• kyoto kid said:

..yeah teh PSU can affect a number of compotrnents. 

Yeah, compotrnents can be a bit unsteady if they're starving for 'lectrons.

PS: I like your take on the word "the".  Which reminds me that I noticed when I was in Amsterdam, many years ago, that the Dutch equivalent for "the" is "het".  Just another arrangement of the letters also. cool

remember in the 60s and 70s our dads had a bar in the basement, with a couple of bar stools.  one side of it had shelves for the bottles.  none of that fold down leaf nonsense, top was a solid formica counter top

do they not make those bar sets no mores?  

• DanaTADanaTA Posts: 13,180

Mystiarra said:

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

Alfredo sauce is horrrible reheated. turns into oil.

Yeah, if you heat it in the microwave. Some things you just need to put in a pan the old fashioned way.

Dana

it's parmesan cheese? 

Cheese usually breaks down in the microwave...the oil comes out of it.  It's just not pretty, or yummy looking.

Dana

Mystiarra said:

remember in the 60s and 70s our dads had a bar in the basement, with a couple of bar stools.  one side of it had shelves for the bottles.  none of that fold down leaf nonsense, top was a solid formica counter top

Formica is not "solid", it's a laminate.    I imagine such bars are still made, but they are probably very pricy.

Dana

edited January 2021

...ugh frustrating evening. 

Set up the new display, hooked everything into the Titan (had to download a new driver) but now for some reason my system wants to treat the new display as the primary not the other.  Tried everything I could think including shutting down disconnecting the new display and rebooting up with just the original to set that in the BIOS After shutting down again, reconnecting the new display and booting up again, the system defaults back to it as Display #1 again.  Going into Control Panel>Display>Change Display Settings to make what is #2 the primary/boot display doesn't work as while it puts the desktop on the left monitor  it doesn't change it's identity so I I have to go all the way to the right and off screen to get to the left display whoich is really screwy (I can't simply move back & forth normally as I always have)  . 

The new larger display is meant for the viewport and rendering, not general use (when I'm not working in Daz or other graphics programmes I usually have the right display turned off) so physically switching the displays around on the desk won't help at all. 

Why not just move the left monitor to the right?  Then that mouse movement would make sense.

Dana

edited January 2021

...because I don't want the new display to be the boot monitor it's supposed to be the older one.  I don't know why it keeps defaulting like this.  I've never seen this happen before.

Switching DirectConnect ports on the card doesn't do anything (I tried all 3). The older monitor is HDMI which is the third slot to on the card. Nothing in the Nvidia Control panel works either. The only thing I can think of it's some kind of BIOS setting. 

ETA:

I did a bit of digging and discovered that Nvida has the display format priority hard coded in its firmware.  However, that still doesn't explain why it's defaulting to the DisplayPort monitor first as the priority sequence from highest to lowest is VGA/S - DVI (all versions) - HDMI - DisplayPort..  So the older display (HDMI) should be getting priority as the boot monitor over the new one.

ETA 2:

Ended up going to Nvidia support and got the issue fixed. 

edited January 2021

kyoto kid said:

...because I don't want the new display to be the boot monitor it's supposed to be the older one.  I don't know why it keeps defaulting like this.  I've never seen this happen before.

Switching DirectConnect ports on the card doesn't do anything (I tried all 3). The older monitor is HDMI which is the third slot to on the card. Nothing in the Nvidia Control panel works either. The only thing I can think of it's some kind of BIOS setting. 

ETA:

I did a bit of digging and discovered that Nvida has the display format priority hard coded in its firmware.  However, that still doesn't explain why it's defaulting to the DisplayPort monitor first as the priority sequence from highest to lowest is VGA/S - DVI (all versions) - HDMI - DisplayPort..  So the older display (HDMI) should be getting priority as the boot monitor over the new one.

ETA 2:

How?  I've had similar problems trying to establish a particular default layout of display order and preference.

complaint.  is 39F i has to go outside today.  wearing my leg warmers.  not warm enough.  woes

whats a daz dog2?  i has a dog8

Mystiarra said:

complaint.  is 39F i has to go outside today.  wearing my leg warmers.  not warm enough.  woes

whats a daz dog2?  i has a dog8

dog 8 is daz dog 2. 

edited January 2021

DanaTA said:

Mystiarra said:

Formica is not "solid", it's a laminate.    I imagine such bars are still made, but they are probably very pricy.

Dana

i guess they had particle board in the 60s

i do have 1 buts it's over 25 years old and lookin ugly.  feelin the Spring feeva to upgrade some home decor.  need some new curtains and an area rug

hav a dr appt today.  no wanna goes.  my ins deductible is new year rebooted.  wahh 

Post edited by Mistara on
    edited January 2021

Non-complaint:  Wheee... my new DAZing machine is taking shape, has launched, and is off the ground.  Cargo hold is empty still, but the vehicle flies!  Yay! smiley

All SSDs, HDs, DVDs & network connectivities are installed, recognized, and functional.  But I still need to play a big game of musical chairs with the data on them but they are now visible and able to be played with.yes

The Nvidia 1660 graphics card is installed and functioning.

Win10-Pro updates, and driver updates are all complete.smiley

Complaint:  My workarea is a jungle of open computer cases, empty boxes, tangled cables, miscellaneous lights & lamps overlooking the operating theater, displays, keyboards & mice all fighting for space to exist and perform.  It's all so freaking beautiful.  <*sniff*>cryingsmiley

I thought of typing up my story but it is so hard to do when 2 sheets are in the kitchen and I don't know where the other sheets are.  My fish won't go get them for me.

LeatherGryphon said:

kyoto kid said:

ETA:

ETA 2:

How?  I've had similar problems trying to establish a particular default layout of display order and preference.

...in the Nvidia control panel there is a similar set up to the one i Windows, Right clicking on the monitor you want as the "primary" will allow you to set it that way. then shifting the order of the icons will (moving #2 to the left of #2 puts themin the proper order.  The right monitor still shows the boot up info but the left one will have the desktop set up..

Doing so doesn't actually change the display numbers.  Still wondering why the HDMI monitor doesn't' get preference as the boot monitor since it has a higher priority than DisplayPort (misnamed it above as DirectConnect) since that is the Nvidia protocol.

i'm too young to qualify for vaccine.  is for 65 and older.

LeatherGryphon said:

Non-complaint:  Wheee... my new DAZing machine is taking shape, has launched, and is off the ground.  Cargo hold is empty still, but the vehicle flies!  Yay! smiley

All SSDs, HDs, DVDs & network connectivities are installed, recognized, and functional.  But I still need to play a big game of musical chairs with the data on them but they are now visible and able to be played with.yes

The Nvidia 1660 graphics card is installed and functioning.

Win10-Pro updates, and driver updates are all complete.smiley

Complaint:  My workarea is a jungle of open computer cases, empty boxes, tangled cables, miscellaneous lights & lamps overlooking the operating theater, displays, keyboards & mice all fighting for space to exist and perform.  It's all so freaking beautiful.  <*sniff*>cryingsmiley

...non complaint as well here.  Did a couple render tests and so nice to have 12 GB of  VRAM and 3,000 cores again.  Yeah not an RTX but still, a major improvement over 4 GB with one fifth the core count or CPU mode.

edited January 2021

lol

Post edited by Mistara on

puttfect to play cat woman?

Hi

732D179F-772E-42C4-BFDC-CA008286A2F2.png
    1536 x 2048 - 2M

when teenagers say 'its dope',  is it good,  bad?  word.

Mystiarra said:

puttfect to play cat woman?

She was OK, but I liked Julie Newmar best.

Dana

This discussion has been closed.