pineapple fritters with pigeon pie? ;)

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

another Indirect light test

Doc3.jpg
    1181 x 2000 - 1M
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274
    edited December 1969

Yawn.... Another monster.......This is KlangR......do you get it?

KlangR70_copy.jpg
    1260 x 886 - 300K
  • nDelphinDelphi Posts: 1,853
    edited December 1969

Yawn.... Another monster.......This is KlangR......do you get it?

The only Klang I can think of is from Star Trek. Anyway, awesome dynamic render!

edited December 1969

KlangR want soup......

FullKlangR70.jpg
    980 x 1394 - 281K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited December 1969

KlangR want soup......

That's not Warhol is it? ;-P

Great job as always (even if I don't know where it is from)!

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited December 1969

KlangR want soup......

That's not Warhol is it? ;-P

Great job as always (even if I don't know where it is from)!

I think he is Tiny Clanger's big fierce cousin, not sure if he lives in the same little blue planet though.

edited December 1969

Well done chohole! You win some internet points....go on....grab a hand full....
    He got deported from the little blue planet for being unbalanced....

Clangers is an old British kids animation that has just been remade... The British version has Michael Palin doing the narration, whilst the US version has only gone and got Capt Kirk!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oIw7E-q-flc

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

Dang it. now I want to see the American version, just for the extra surrealness! I'm off to complain to the soup dragon . . .

• de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited December 1969

Tim_A said:
    Dang it. now I want to see the American version, just for the extra surrealness! I'm off to complain to the soup dragon . . .

But if you complain to the Soup Dragon, then it's "no soup for you".
    :-P

No-Soup.jpg
    241 x 300 - 35K
  • Sci Fi FunkSci Fi Funk Posts: 1,198
    edited June 2015

My Fengs placement pic.

Here it's in an indoor entertainment complex. I think it looks quite nice up some stairs. Carrara scene Octane render. Where do you put your Fengs?

This scene will feature in a later episode of Sci Fi Funk - the animated web series.

Fengs_Challenge.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 284K
    Post edited by Sci Fi Funk on
    edited June 2015

My Fengs placement pic.

Here it's in an indoor entertainment complex. I think it looks quite nice up some stairs.

Man, love those lights!

BTW, how fast does something like that render?

I am an ATI guy myself, but the more I see of Octane and NVIDIA iRay the more I think I will be getting an NVIDIA card next.

Post edited by nDelphi on
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

Man, love those lights!

BTW, how fast does something like that render?

I am an ATI guy myself, but the more I see of Octane and NVIDIA iRay the more I think I will be getting an NVIDIA card next.

Thanks nDelphi.

I have had this scene rendering as quick as 3 minutes 1920x1080 but now that the lighting is complete both sides of the complex with all that reflective material and separate lighting (couldn't use a few light emitter shaders like usual due to the difference spaces and models used) it was more like 8 minutes a frame! Harsh for an animator such as I.

edited December 1969

...it was more like 8 minutes a frame! Harsh for an animator such as I.

Eight minutes for a single frame artist like myself is heaven times a 1000. I can understand for an animator it could be an issue. But compare that to speeds of a few years ago and we are spoiled.

edited December 1969

We are indeed. This kind of stuff for animation at independent level just wasn't possible.

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

One of the test renders of the character I'm working on.

Modeled in Silo 2.

Not really looking forward to rigging her... :down:

CGTest1.jpg
    650 x 925 - 200K
    edited December 1969

Modeled in Silo 2.

Very nice. She's well proportioned and cute to boot.

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

Modeled in Silo 2.

Thanks, UV's for the shoelaces were a bitch, lol, hair is Carrara dynamic one, still debating should I do poly version :)

Here is the screenshot from Silo ...

Silo2Screenshot.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 363K
    edited December 1969

nDelphi said:

Modeled in Silo 2.

Thanks, UV's for the shoelaces were a bitch, lol, hair is Carrara dynamic one, still debating should I do poly version :)

Here is the screenshot from Silo ...

Excellent. I have Silo, too. I just need the skills to got with it. :)

Rig her, and put her up for sale. I have a good vibe on that one.

edited December 1969

Another one on a Clangers theme. I am not quite sure it works .
    The Dragon is supposed to be "magic-ing" some soup.....not hat the "real" Soup Dragon does that though...

Dragon50.jpg
    750 x 1000 - 324K
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226
    edited December 1969

testing IL + fake HDR environment by using a volumetric cloud
    notice how carrara engine computes correctly lighting inside the small open window whereas many unbiased engines fail

3122.jpg
    2000 x 1292 - 406K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited December 1969

Another one on a Clangers theme. I am not quite sure it works .
    The Dragon is supposed to be "magic-ing" some soup.....not hat the "real" Soup Dragon does that though...

it is the Soup :smirk:

edited December 1969

testing IL + fake HDR environment by using a volumetric cloud
    notice how carrara engine computes correctly lighting inside the small open window whereas many unbiased engines fail

good one

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Just to get this thread back on the first page.

Bunion_Oct2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 57K
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

to cute
    is it rigged

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited December 1969

Almost,. :)

Just basic bones at the moment, no constraints or helpers yet.
    plus some Morphs for mouth and eye movement.

Glad you like:)

here's a couple of early WIP shots

Bunion1.jpg
    800 x 600 - 32K
    Bunion3.jpg
    800 x 600 - 32K
    BunionT2.jpg
    800 x 600 - 30K
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited December 1969

I bet you're sick of all those tree renders, aren't you? Well to be honest, so am I. And hell, I've practically given up on trying to get it into the store - they just keep stalling without giving any real reason why. I guess there's other places will take it.

Anyhow, here's a couple of *very early* test renders of my new WIP. Even this early you can see it's MilCow (or is that DaisyCow 7) friendly ;)

Now, I need to get a tarp on that hole in the roof. Soft body physics, here I come... (groan!)

Oh and I lied, here's one final look at some trees (DS version)

DS_Tower_Entrance_Ext_9h04.jpg
    1600 x 1000 - 2M
    Jacksons_WIP2.jpg
    1000 x 700 - 137K
    Jacksons_WIP1.jpg
    1000 x 700 - 141K
  • JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615
    edited December 1969

3DAGE said:

Just in case anyone isn't aware, you need to be a bit careful when using/reproducing commercial characters without permission. Characters such as the one posted are covered by copyright law which limits, quite strictly, how others can use the characters and what permissions are required.

Also I believe that Universal Studios is working on trademarks for some aspects of those characters. And with very high profile and lucrative characters, companies can get very strict about limiting usage by others.

And outside of the law, it is important to respect the professional work of others, since they might feel bad if people take their work and show it in a way that might minimize the wonderful aspects of those characters. It's a bit like someone here taking someone's render and modifying it and then re-posting it. It might ruin the artist's original intent.

I'm not criticizing anyone, or trying to offend anyone, or trying to be negative. I'm just suggesting folks be aware of the importance of respecting others' work.

And a good rule of thumb: when given the choice between working a commercial, copyrighted or trademarked character without permission and your own character, choose to design your own character.

Sorry if this is seen as offensive to anyone. It isn't meant to be. To many, this is an important issue.

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2015

3DAGE said:

Just in case anyone isn't aware, you need to be a bit careful when using/reproducing commercial characters without permission. Characters such as the one posted are covered by copyright law which limits, quite strictly, how others can use the characters and what permissions are required.

Also I believe that Universal Studios is working on trademarks for some aspects of those characters. And with very high profile and lucrative characters, companies can get very strict about limiting usage by others.

And outside of the law, it is important to respect the professional work of others, since they might feel bad if people take their work and show it in a way that might minimize the wonderful aspects of those characters. It's a bit like someone here taking someone's render and modifying it and then re-posting it. It might ruin the artist's original intent.

I'm not criticizing anyone, or trying to offend anyone, or trying to be negative. I'm just suggesting folks be aware of the importance of respecting others' work.

And a good rule of thumb: when given the choice between working a commercial, copyrighted or trademarked character without permission and your own character, choose to design your own character.

Sorry if this is seen as offensive to anyone. It isn't meant to be. To many, this is an important issue.

You should see the SuperHero and Star Trek render threads in the commons!

I believe this falls under the category of "Fan Art" and so long as no profit is being made, and as you so rightly point out - the material is treated respectfully, it is generally tolerated.

The worst that could happen is a take-down notice unless the work is shown to slander or otherwise hurt the image of the characters used.

Once again - if only they would release The Millennium Cow there would be no need for anybody to ever go down this path again!!

Post edited by Sockratease on
This discussion has been closed.