Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• MarkIsSleepyMarkIsSleepy Posts: 1,496
    edited July 2015
    de3an said:

Edit: So if we want to post an image that displays larger in the forum (without having to click on it) we have to first post it elsewhere, and link to it.

Not really liking that.

Me either - kind of stinks if you're just posting a screenshot to help explain something.  I just went and created a Tumblr account just to have a spot to put junk like that.

Testing to see if I can link to the Tumblr image:

The Queen's Day Off 

Post edited by Chohole on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

Every linked image has a note below it saying "This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge." But they haven't been. They are already enlarged.

Big images blow the sides off of the thread.

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2015

Post edited by Headwax on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

test

de3an said:

Every linked image has a note below it saying "This image has been resized to fit in the page. Click to enlarge." But they haven't been. They are already enlarged.

Weird - I don't see that message and all the images are fitting in the page; even the biggest ones have a good sized margin of white on both sides.  Maybe it's browser specific?  I'm using Chrome. 

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    edited July 2015

I go away for a couple of days, and . . . it's like a nightmare version of one of those makeover programmes! I guess I'll get used to it.

Here's a picture. Possibly.

Edit: Disappointingly small thumbnail. Wonder if there's an option to change it. The old image thumbnailas are all bigger, so it must be possible...

Post edited by TangoAlpha on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    MDO1989 said:
    de3an said:

Weird - I don't see that message and all the images are fitting in the page; even the biggest ones have a good sized margin of white on both sides.  Maybe it's browser specific?  I'm using Chrome. 

I see.

If your browser window is expanded so that it is large enough to accommodate the full size of the linked image, that message does not appear. However, for the largest image (such as the one you posted) to display without the "This image has been resized" note, my browser window needs to be expanded to over 1800 pixels wide. Unfortunately, my computer screen is only 1280 pixels wide.

It would seem that the web developers all have large displays, and have not bothered to test the website on the smaller screens that some of us less fortunate users are stuck with.

And if, as the note says, the image had been resized to fit, all would be fine. But it is not being resized.

This makes for a poor user experience for me. sad

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2015
    I'll try embedding a youtube video of mine showing V4 riding a bike. The animation is mostly automated by using IK tracking and target helper object. Also, how do you get at the formatting tools? Granted I'm using an old version of Firefox, but with my old computer it is the latest that I can use. Are they showing up for you guys?
    Post edited by evilproducer on
    de3an said:
    MDO1989 said:
    de3an said:

I see.

If your browser window is expanded so that it is large enough to accommodate the full size of the linked image, that message does not appear. However, for the largest image (such as the one you posted) to display without the "This image has been resized" note, my browser window needs to be expanded to over 1800 pixels wide. Unfortunately, my computer screen is only 1280 pixels wide.

It would seem that the web developers all have large displays, and have not bothered to test the website on the smaller screens that some of us less fortunate users are stuck with.

And if, as the note says, the image had been resized to fit, all would be fine. But it is not being resized.

This makes for a poor user experience for me. sad

Yeah, sorry - I tried to look at the forum from work using IE and my smaller work monitor and I see exactly what you described - it's just my home computer with the big monitor that doesn't show the "resized" message.  I withdraw my objection. :)

I'll have to remember to only link more reasonably sized images directly in the comment and to attach larger ones until  they fix the resizing.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039
    edited July 2015

I am still trying to find a way to embed videos

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

unless it is enabled in the admin workings of the forum it probably won't work no

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,039

Stezza is that you???all these odd (coughs) names

yeah changed mine cheeky

I've been sprung..

yeah.. thought I'd try the name change to bring it into line with Rendo & Rtime ect..

might change it again just for the fun of it yeslaugh

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    edited July 2015

edit works

Post edited by bigh on
  • DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    edited July 2015

Sorry, wrong thread!! Evidently your "draft" post in one thread canl show up in another thread at the same time  

Post edited by DustRider on
  • Self portrait......p.s. I am not really a clown....

Clown70.jpg
    1120 x 1493 - 480K

......p.s. I am not really a clown....

That's exactly what I'd expect a clown to say! smiley

Very nice image.

• kakmankakman Posts: 225

Stu,

Yet another fantastic and gorgeous image.

You never cease to amaze!

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited July 2015

i

Post edited by Headwax on
  • Ta for the likes!  I think I rushed the photoshoppy bit of this so I may have a re do.

• I thought i'd post something from a project i'm working on. this project has been fun to do cause i've made everything cept for the figure and the textures.

Airam and destiny board.jpg
    640 x 480 - 192K
    edited July 2015

New Horizons Closest Approach to Pluto: 10pm AEST, July 14 2015

Just a few hours away yes
    Didn't think I'd get the model finished in time... but did ;-)
    though it's not exact

Post edited by Stezza on

Monique and Darius. I did this for Ringo's shader thread, but I thought I'd post it here too.

MnD4.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 954K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050
    edited July 2015
    Wonga said:

New Horizons Closest Approach to Pluto: 10pm AEST, July 14 2015

Just a few hours away yes
    Didn't think I'd get the model finished in time... but did ;-)
    though it's not exact

A relative on my dad's side was the photographer or helped the astronomer with the photography that helped discover Pluto.

Post edited by evilproducer on
  • DondecDondec Posts: 243
    edited July 2015

WIP... put another 30 hrs in on this one (its nice to be retired :) 

A reasonable start I think.  I posed the figure, poised on her toes, and leaning on the column.

I chose a dark skinned figure to go with the desert theme.

I particularly enjoyed tweaking the brass and metal bits on her outfit.  Created a separate mask for those and rendered them together with the rest of the outfit in a Carrara Multi Channel Mixer, which I just discovered.  What a neat toy!  With parts of the outfit now separated I could apply more highlight, spec and reflection to the brass bits, and a separate Transparency to the fabric parts,  

Cropped like 1st picture - I'm getting a greater sense of anticipation, for that special (someone soon to be added, hehe).

Cropped wide - this was more my original inspiration... a sense of lonliness and longing.

Still a long way to go I think

- Don

MED Pool 24 LakeBump Dress Blend COMP crop.jpg
    1464 x 824 - 509K
    MED Pool 24 LakeBump Dress Blend COMP.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 851K
    Post edited by Dondec on

That's very nice. I think I prefer the tighter cropping of the first picture. Lovr the sense of distance you've achieved with the haze over the sea - looks very realistic. :)

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813
    edited July 2015

Since I suck so much at working with the yucky human content, I had to use the technique I used in my WIP for that unfinished entry in the Graphic Novel post to cover the lack of life-like-ness in this image. 

I am making a site for a religious group and had to buy some angel stuff.  Settled on "Guardian Angels" because of it's Gen 3 targeting - still the best of all DAZ Human lines!

Started with a 404 Error page and will be using this image.  It was just a half-joke test render, but the idiots loved it!!

Either they are dumber than I thought or I am better than I thought...

404.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    Post edited by Sockratease on
  • Been playing around with this a bit more. Made a teddy in double quick time as an extra...now he is getting his own show......

Bear001AR copy.jpg
    1300 x 975 - 471K
    Teddy70.jpg
    1260 x 945 - 482K

Stu,

you're not that english fella roaming the english countryside terrorising townsfolk in your clown outfit are you... just sayin'... surprise

Aus 1 ... Eng 1

awesome work Sock angel

Since I suck so much at working with the yucky human content, I had to use the technique I used in my WIP for that unfinished entry in the Graphic Novel post to cover the lack of life-like-ness in this image. 

I am making a site for a religious group and had to buy some angel stuff.  Settled on "Guardian Angels" because of it's Gen 3 targeting - still the best of all DAZ Human lines!

Started with a 404 Error page and will be using this image.  It was just a half-joke test render, but the idiots loved it!!

Either they are dumber than I thought or I am better than I thought...

This discussion has been closed.