Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• JoeMamma2000JoeMamma2000 Posts: 2,615

Stu,

You're insanely talented.

• Ta!  Your half right....

• SockrateaseSockratease Posts: 813

Been playing around with this a bit more. Made a teddy in double quick time as an extra...now he is getting his own show......

Wow...

Nice cotton, Stu!

And thanks, Stezza.  I'm lacking confidence working with human figures - I mostly do abstract stuff and cows.  Really don't understand why anybody would want anything else!

• DondecDondec Posts: 243
    Tim_A said:

That's very nice. I think I prefer the tighter cropping of the first picture. Lovr the sense of distance you've achieved with the haze over the sea - looks very realistic. :)

Thank you Tim_A.  The haze was the Multipass Depth channel, composited over the rendered image using Lighten mode. 

- Don

• Teddy bear stuffing = Carrara fluffy cloud!

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,990

Doing some horse renders for the Hivewire comp..

Using Darts badlands, Wings of Despair.. and Hivewire horse with displacement and post in PSE

• One of my latest renders of Ysabeau 6.

YSABEAU 6 SHADER SAMPLE1.jpg
    1000 x 1300 - 456K
  • DarwinsMishapDarwinsMishap Posts: 4,087
    edited July 2015

I did this as a poster for the Winter Carrara contest, the studio apartment it is in was made as well within Carrara, excepting the birdbath which was part of the stock models, the furniture and the rug which were from other sets.

The mountains are a product of the site here, with modifications on all the textures as well as the trees.  Updated within Carrara using the modeling and material rooms.  Edited the sky, clouds and atmosphere as well.

Poster 2.jpg
    1033 x 800 - 546K
    Studio.jpg
    1043 x 800 - 357K
    Post edited by DarwinsMishap on
  • SpacelandSpaceland Posts: 132
    edited July 2015

Hi all,

My oldest son ask me to do a wallpaper with some of the dc comics heros logo.

This one is Batman Beyond, 3D modeling was done in Moi 3D and render done in Carrara 8.5 Pro.

Thank you for looking,

Regards

2015-logo-wallpaper-batman-beyond-carrara.jpg
    1024 x 576 - 270K
    Post edited by Spaceland on
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    Stezza said:

Doing some horse renders for the Hivewire comp..

Using Darts badlands, Wings of Despair.. and Hivewire horse with displacement and post in PSE

beaut work! did you get their new baby human thing by chance?

nope.. it scared me to much! surprise

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

heh, me too, that's why I liked it. I asked on their forums but the maker didnt know if it work in Carrara

I'd imagine the DS version would as the DS Dawn works ok in Carrara, the Poser one don't... and it's made by the same guy isn't it?... CC?

• xmasrosexmasrose Posts: 1,403
    edited July 2015

This is the DS version of Baby Luna in Carrara 8.5 beta rendered as is. I didn't have time to play with it yet.

Baby Luna

15_baby luna.png
    800 x 600 - 158K
    Post edited by xmasrose on
  • magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

testing indirect light and gamma correction

4336.jpg
    2000 x 1292 - 377K
  • EyosEyos Posts: 114

Playing around with dinosaurs.. Like them ever since I was a kid.  :-)

Dino9.png
    1000 x 750 - 797K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    Eyos said:

Playing around with dinosaurs.. Like them ever since I was a kid.  :-)

the render is blank - try again

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

I have had this problen lately as well just try to attache the image again.

Ok, here it is again Ihope this time it works..

Dino9.png
    1000 x 750 - 797K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147
    Eyos said:

Ok, here it is again Ihope this time it works..

yep she be there - nice tire wink

Thanks. smiley

(the tire is from my old car).

• DustRiderDustRider Posts: 2,716
    Eyos said:

Thanks. smiley

(the tire is from my old car).

Funny, I actually had to think a minute before I thought "Hmmm.....that tire "shouldn't be there". Great work! 

edited July 2015

Been a while since I did a Carrara render (been playing around with Iray too much), so here is one done with the Octane render plugin. More info on the image and what I used in my gallery here: http://www.daz3d.com/gallery/#images/80233/ 

As usual, please zoom to full resolution to see all the great model/texture details.

Post edited by DustRider on

impressive render as usual, dustrider, the only part that attracts negatively my attention is the shadow  of hair on the face, unrealistic imo

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Gorgeous render. Love the detail on those, er, buckles . . . blush

impressive render as usual, dustrider, the only part that attracts negatively my attention is the shadow  of hair on the face, unrealistic imo

Thanks, and thanks for taking the time to note the "errors" in the image! It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by the shadow of the hair on the face. But I think the problem may be that the hair isn't "falling" forward, and therfor isn't casting and shadows on the face. Is that correct? I'd say in the future I need to pay a bit more attention to how the hair should lay. Thanks again!

Tim_A said:

Gorgeous render. Love the detail on those, er, buckles . . . blush

Thanks Tim! 

DustRider said:

Thanks, and thanks for taking the time to note the "errors" in the image! It took me a minute to figure out what you meant by the shadow of the hair on the face. But I think the problem may be that the hair isn't "falling" forward, and therfor isn't casting and shadows on the face. Is that correct? I'd say in the future I need to pay a bit more attention to how the hair should lay. Thanks again!

well, I mean the hard shadow close to her right eye, I should expect a more faded or less shady behaviour, anyway I never tire of seeing in detail your Miss laugh

• evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

Playing around with building a fake SSS texture based on the Reby Sky Elite skin shader. I did something weird with the fingernails and around the lips.

I've also been playing around with making some included displacement maps for the dress texture look good in Carrara. I'm mostly there. If you notice the leather cord going through the eyelets around the belt look like geometry, but in reality they're a painted texture. The lacing on the bodice is the same, yet it looks less effective with displacement for some reason.

The pose is canned. I'm kind of having a creative block and haven't opened Carrara for anything more serious than getting a screen shot or two for about a month and a half. This is my attempt at throwing paint against a wall to see what I get.

English-cottage-V4-5.jpg
    1500 x 2000 - 999K
  • evilproducerevilproducer Posts: 9,050

I noticed a couple day ago that I was "missing" half my RAM. I had a power outage (and maybe a surge) when I was at work (the electronic clocks blinking when I came home). Well, I now am sure missing it. It is very difficult to work on elite skin shaders with only 2.5 GB of memory. It is, however, very easy to put Carrara into zombie mode. :(

I do have more RAM ordered, but it will take a few days to get here. I guess no hi-res image maps for me, until I get it. >:(

This discussion has been closed.