Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Stu - your charicatures are wonderful - how do you do them? Are they build on a Daz figure or just sculpted in something like Zbrush? What was it like being in the Beatles? So many questions!

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

micro reflections on Danae's Edinburg, slight color correction in post - hdr only

edinburg.jpg
    3000 x 2232 - 472K
  • FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569

Here is the result of using characters from my previos post with some of my own props, will continue to work on it these days ...

Cheers smiley

BoyBirdAndTheDog.jpg
    1555 x 768 - 465K
  • stu sutcliffestu sutcliffe Posts: 274

Glad you like my things Phil!

How do I do them? I just type in " make a picture of - insert creature of choice here- " and it just magically appears on my monitor....what do you mean, your computer doesnt do that , I thought they all did....you had better get an upgrade.....

Only kiddin'  I use 3dCoat to sculpt, retopo in zbrush , paint in 3dcoat , then pop it into Carrara for render and hair.

Being in the Beatles was great.....'til I dropped dead one day...

If anyone wants to know anythink about any parts of my process just ask.. as long as I dont have to type a massive load of those pesky word things..

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

Here is the result of using characters from my previos post with some of my own props, will continue to work on it these days ...

Cheers smiley

cute !

• PhilWPhilW Posts: 5,144

Glad you like my things Phil!

How do I do them? I just type in " make a picture of - insert creature of choice here- " and it just magically appears on my monitor....what do you mean, your computer doesnt do that , I thought they all did....you had better get an upgrade.....

Only kiddin'  I use 3dCoat to sculpt, retopo in zbrush , paint in 3dcoat , then pop it into Carrara for render and hair.

Being in the Beatles was great.....'til I dropped dead one day...

If anyone wants to know anythink about any parts of my process just ask.. as long as I dont have to type a massive load of those pesky word things..

Thanks for the details, you a real gift at characature!

bigh said:

Cheers smiley

cute !

Thanks, here is monochrome version with few GIMP filters applied smiley

BoyBirdAndTheDog2.jpg
    1555 x 768 - 483K

Same scene again, this time pseudo 3D render (still perfecting this little trick) using 2D displacement and depth pass created in Fusion (red/cyan glasses required) .

Cheers smiley

BoyBirdAndTheDog3D.jpg
    1440 x 719 - 468K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited May 2016

Messing around with condensation,.. study of glass and liquids

also a "painted" effect version using Snap Art 4

Drinks rpostr.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 816K
    Drinks painting.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by 3DAGE on

Pretty good 3DAGE wink

Here is another shot at this lil' country boy, this time he is fishing by the lake smiley

ByTheLake.jpg
    1555 x 768 - 469K
  • 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Thanks Fifth Element :)

That's a really nice scene you've made there,. great grass :)

Thanks Andy, I modeled few plants couple months ago for my own scenes, so I'm using/testing some of that ...

smiley

Vegetation.jpg
    1555 x 875 - 468K

Previous render with DOF added and different gamma and color corrections ...

Cheers smiley

ByTheLake.jpg
    1555 x 768 - 486K
  • HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964

Great render Andy so realistic! you can feel that ice melting,

really enjoying the style here FifthElement

Thanks Andrew smiley

• Really like what you have done there FifthElement!

Now , whats this...

VT.jpg
    840 x 1120 - 143K
  • A couple more...

stuart-sutcliffe-flash-gordon.jpg
    720 x 960 - 155K
    stuart-sutcliffe-flashbw.jpg
    720 x 1200 - 155K
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cute ones stu

Really like what you have done there FifthElement!

Now , whats this...

Lol, what is that ?

Silly but nice laugh

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

Very Nice stuff, all!

De3an, love the sketch style as well as the colored in version! Rock on! I've always been a Grrrrl! Fan, and I use a bit of the Girl in all of my versions of my Rosie character.

Fifth, speaking of Rosie, I still (always) buy rose petals from the flourist, which I add to my Rosie's bath water! Love tyhat render! These new ones are really cool too!

Stu, those characters are just amazing. I love your style for giving life to these icons! Tarkin (as well as Greedo) has made a strong appearance in theClone Wars series (my favorite TV show of ALL time!) when he was still a Captain, quickly rising up the ranks due to Palpatine taking an interest in him. Now, in Rebels, he's a Governor and his evil ways are definitely settled in! ;) Anyways, love how you've captured him in that awesome render!

EP, once again... awesome skin, my friend!

3dage, very nice condensation, as with the rest of it!

Magaremoto, those crazy head model shots still totally give me the creeps! Something about their lifelessness that just creeps under my skin, for some reason! LOL But I really like the experimentation and what they're demonstrating!

Oh, and bigh, I really like that scene! Looks fan-freaking-tastic!

edited June 2016

I've been playing around with my Generation 4 characters as well as Genesis 1 and 2, and am finding that I'm still more comfortable working with Generation 4, despite their shapes being not nearly as realistic as their new replacements. But I do enjoy the fact that I can INJect and/or REMove morphs from the figure(s) as I wish, rather than having everything I own added to one gigantic list. But anyways...

This one is a test render of my reshaping of the Iris in order to get opposition light glare, often seen in eyes. Their convexity causes them to catch light in a way where their glare becomes present on the opposite side from everything else. I've made some great shaders for catching the light and getting the Irises to glow - but only caused by incoming light, but it wasn't until I've reshaped the Irises to an inverse convexity before I could get just the right effect.

I really like what's going on here - no special lighting involved,,, just the mesh and shaders reacting to whatever light is already in the scene, which is exactly what I needed to achieve. I just really think that it will add a nice touch to animations - and it doesn't seem to add any extra time to renders, since it's just Highlight/Shininess doing it's thang.

EDIT:

De3an, can you see the hint of Girl 4 shape in her face? ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

I think so. In the shape of the cheeks and chin, but subdued.

Although I have the Girl 4, my previous renders used the original 1st generation of "the Girl".

de3an said:

I think so. In the shape of the cheeks and chin, but subdued.

Although I have the Girl 4, my previous renders used the original 1st generation of "the Girl".

I know. She's awesome! She was from their third generation, wasn't she? Perhaps second. 

thank you DB, I appreciated a lot smileylaugh

2 more "tzantzas" here, carrara render on the left and houdini mantra on the right

ten24 carrara.jpg
    3000 x 2292 - 469K
    ten24 mantra.jpg
    624 x 720 - 57K

..and another test to show how cool is the skin in genesis 3. daz did a really good job here, accurate and 99% realistic

Doc2.jpg
    2000 x 1528 - 1M

RedHouseStudio's Alchemy Chasm

I duplicated the entrance doorway a bunch of time creating a rathe nice corridor, and used one of the staircases for the Palace Entrance at the end, and Carraraized all of the shaders, as well as using a few planes with stone textures to fill some gaps.

Instead of making my own torches, like I've done many times before, this time I just grabbed one of mmoir's complete torch setups from his Mystic Gorge kit and altered the flames and lights a bit to match my needs. Worked very well and will certain repeat that process in the future.

A few light-cone-enabled spot lights shine through the volumetric clouds. The help bring out the look a bit better, I duplicated those spot lights, removed the cone effect from the new duplicates, and have them affect only the clouds, essentially letting the clouds create their own cone enhancements from the angle of the lights. Worked great, I think. I also placed a few enhancement spot lights around the set to help bring out the detail of the architecture in a subtle way. 

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

When you say you Carraratized the Shaders what 3DL channels do you put in Carrara channels to make it look best?

i have been trying to figure it out for a bit and still havent seen much difference in mine.

When you say you Carraratized the Shaders what 3DL channels do you put in Carrara channels to make it look best?

i have been trying to figure it out for a bit and still havent seen much difference in mine.

I'm far more familiar with Carrara shaders than 3DL. I've never really liked working with 3DL (3Delight, you mean, right?) simply because I've never really figured out how to set it up for ultra-fast animation rendering. However:

Once I've come to understand that specular maps go into the Highlight channel in Carrara, I've found Carrara shaders to be a real treat to work with. But I also recognize the power of using that Highlight channel to help create reflected light instead of actual mirror-like reflections from the Reflection channel. That's how I get that Iris glow effect going - and it reacts with light, not some glow (or other) map to fake the effect, so it can work with changing angles to the light in animations, which is what I was after.

As much as I love working with Carrara shaders, I still think that there's a lot more power to them than what I understand so far. 

But, sure... if you're trying to get a certain 'look' in a shader, I'd be happy to lend a hand at getting it (them) set up for you! ;)

A cute little thing, this Millennium Dragon 2 Hatchling is just perfect for at least the first season - perhaps more. I don't really intend on having her grow up very fast since I mostly work on the premise that Dragon live for a  v e r y  l o n g  time. Placed in the Alchemy Chasm stage that I just made (above), my actors test out the lighting along with their new Hatchling 

This discussion has been closed.