Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202

That was the White variant now to fix the black one then on to Urban Sprawl 3

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    Sad said:

well Stezza I am not bothering to fish in that bend of the Murray .....

you'll never know what you can catch tag and release!.. lol smiley

• TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584
    Stezza said:
    Sad said:

well Stezza I am not bothering to fish in that bend of the Murray .....

you'll never know what you can catch tag and release!.. lol smiley

3 old boots (all left), a shopping trolly and a somewhat miffed croc. So far . . .

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

the barbarian almost ready to take the first steps

slight contrast in post

conan.jpg
    1000 x 1135 - 262K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

Someone over in the Commons was asking for an egg shaped chair. Turned out that there were lots of them available to download. But what's the fun in that!

Decided to make one myself in Carrara. One thing led to another, and I ended up with this little scene.

Click for a larger version:

• bighbigh Posts: 8,147

to cute smiley

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989

eggselent devil yes

• Long time no render, lol ...

Just a test render of one part of a larger project I'm working on, cheers smiley

Me too! LOL!!! Feels like forever!

I agree with TangoAlpha... cracking great model & render!

String, Love it! I like the first one better than the second, and I agree that the tongue shader is set too smooth (lacking bump) and too much gloss (High Highlight/Low Shininess). I imagine that tweaking shaders for Octane is totally different though....

At any rate, String, That is some spanking good work!

HeadWax, not only are you very gifted... you truly are a Gift!!! Love the video too! Man, that is one heck-uva-nice image! 

Magaremoto, I'm really glad that you're doing work on Conan and can't wait to see the progress! Great start!

Thanks Dart.

I'm loving that atmosphere in your renders. Looks Great!

• Stezza said:

This was my entry in the Song Bird Remix yearly challenge over at Hivewire... waving the Carrara flag smiley

Thats awesome Stezza!

• thank you stringtheory, very useful description; I hope that octane will improve more and more to be used in animations and even in real time

first coming out of my Conan under construction

I think it's almost there. Of course more GPU's help. 

Very cool Conan. You nailed the Conan look!

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311
    edited July 2016

Carrara cake.

Modeled ,. textured,.  and rendered in Carrara, using the Octane4Carrara plugin

cake and slice.jpg
    2049 x 1153 - 445K
    Post edited by 3DAGE on
  • TangoAlphaTangoAlpha Posts: 4,584

Ooh yum!

But I think you missed the bump map off the slice, maybe?

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326

@Dartan: Is that what they mean by a "hangout"?

Ahhhaaah ha ha!!! Bravo, man! Surprised at the site, this is where Dartan 'meets' Rosie for the first time, even though their first conversation takes place somewhere else, and this isn't the first time he's actually seen her. Quite the thing going on right there.

@Stezza: Awesome!

Agreed, totally!!!

@Chickenman: Looks like she's due some time in a maintenance yard!

Yes! Nice job with the shaders! I'm using the "_dis" maps in the bump channel (Texture Map) instead of the Normal Maps (Normal Map), and then cranked those bump settings up pretty high. Being a Huge fan of The Clone Wars, I'm starting to shift some of my things into that heavy bump/painted appearance.

Prior to now I was doing a lot of that in post, using Howler. Now I'm experimenting with Carrara's 3D paint more, and using Howler to finish off actual texture (color, bump, and highlight) maps to create more of the painted look directly in the render... a really fun ride!

edited July 2016

Here's a sample of the 'painted'-style textures I've attempted for my Rosie character. These didn't work out to my liking, but the experience has propelled me to some great new techniques - the next versions (done with the help of Carrara's 3D Paint) are turning out really freaking nice!

PaintedTexturesSampleX.jpg
    1346 x 705 - 782K
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

OMG you folks (Mag, De3an, 3dage), some great stuff there! Bravo! De3an, I love those 3D Universe characters! I haven't collected them yet, but I think I want ALL of them when I can! So cool! Nice render too! 3dage, I agree that this looks like a really yummy treat!, Magaremoto... looking great! He's a beast!

edited July 2016

Have you ever tried Carrara's Normal Map renderer?

Edit: Ooops... that's a Howler Nomal Map render... sorry 'bout that. Still... Have you ever tried Carrara's Normal Map renderer?

New Iris Shape NormalTest.jpg
    1003 x 715 - 2M
    Post edited by Dartanbeck on

@ de3an: looks great, it reminds me the incredibles or despecable me (nice memories indeed)

@ 3dage: great piece of cake (and softwares as well smiley)

@ stringtheory: I agree about octane, can't wait. thanks for my conan, I get lot of inspirations by frazetta and all the others

@ DB: thank you, I love to push to the limits the carrara shaders editor like you do, very funny

another shot of the 6'4'' young Conan here, nothing modeled by me (that's why I love carrara laugh) I'm going to try to put scars on him  surprise (Daz studio defeat me if you can)

660.jpg
    2000 x 2270 - 713K
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915

@ de3an: looks great, it reminds me the incredibles or despecable me (nice memories indeed)

Thanks.

I agree, the 3D Universe characters (Kimberly in this case) have a style similar to some of those in The Incredibles and Despicable Me, two of my favorite animated films.

I wish I was talented enough to make my own characters.

• 3DAGE3DAGE Posts: 3,311

Hopefully better,.  :)

the sponge was the hardest party to get looking right,. and it could still be better,.

I ended up using shader functions, rather than texture maps,. 

I used Displacment painting in Carrara's Vertex modeller, to roughen the cut surface, and the Magnet tool (in the VM) to warp and bend some parts of the models to make it look softer.

I decided to make this after watching a tutorial using 3Dmax and Zbrush,. and thinking ... that could be done in Carrara,. just as good,. and easier, with a much lower poly model.

Cakey slicey 2.jpg
    2560 x 1440 - 657K
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 38,038

As lovely as that is Andy, the ones I make in a bowl and put in the oven then smother in cream are tastier.

Have you ever tried Carrara's Normal Map renderer?

3DAGE said:

Hopefully better,.  :)

the sponge was the hardest party to get looking right,. and it could still be better,.

I ended up using shader functions, rather than texture maps,. 

I used Displacment painting in Carrara's Vertex modeller, to roughen the cut surface, and the Magnet tool (in the VM) to warp and bend some parts of the models to make it look softer.

I decided to make this after watching a tutorial using 3Dmax and Zbrush,. and thinking ... that could be done in Carrara,. just as good,. and easier, with a much lower poly model.

I'm glad you did that! I do that all the time! Somebody will show some crazy-cool new thing about another software, with some great guru showing off the cool, new features and, almost every single time, I cannot help but work out how the same sorts of things can be done in Carrara. Not trying to be so completely Carrara-centric, either. But rather that I've been studying and practicing and... well... Carrara seems to have answers to any dilema we come across!

Long time no render, lol ...

Just a test render of one part of a larger project I'm working on, cheers smiley

Me too! LOL!!! Feels like forever!

I agree with TangoAlpha... cracking great model & render!

String, Love it! I like the first one better than the second, and I agree that the tongue shader is set too smooth (lacking bump) and too much gloss (High Highlight/Low Shininess). I imagine that tweaking shaders for Octane is totally different though....

At any rate, String, That is some spanking good work!

HeadWax, not only are you very gifted... you truly are a Gift!!! Love the video too! Man, that is one heck-uva-nice image! 

Magaremoto, I'm really glad that you're doing work on Conan and can't wait to see the progress! Great start!

Thanks Dart.

I'm loving that atmosphere in your renders. Looks Great!

Thanks StringTheory! 

• FifthElementFifthElement Posts: 569

Part two of my previous project (compact cassette), everything modeled in Silo 2 (never relly followed any certain design here...) and textured and rendered in Carrrara, post, like always, done in Fusion smiley

BoomBox.jpg
    1550 x 840 - 460K

Very nice work, FifthElement! Reminds me of my days in the eighties/nineties!

Very nice work, FifthElement! Reminds me of my days in the eighties/nineties!

Thanks, details are not as good as I expected them to be with jpeg comression, I'll try to post more detailed render in a second smiley

Here is direct render from Fusion with little less DOF smiley

BoomBoxHR.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

Nice!

yeah, Fusion rocks, doesn't it? Are you still using seven or are you on eight? Some of the changed keyboard shortcuts have caused me to uninstall eight and go back to seven, and I just love it (7, not 8 so much). But I'm still finding it difficult to drag myself away from just going for my Howler, where it's all done with brushes! :)

Nice!

yeah, Fusion rocks, doesn't it? Are you still using seven or are you on eight? Some of the changed keyboard shortcuts have caused me to uninstall eight and go back to seven, and I just love it (7, not 8 so much). But I'm still finding it difficult to drag myself away from just going for my Howler, where it's all done with brushes! :)

Thanks, still on version 7, have no problems with it, I know there is resolution limit for a free version, but I now edit photos with it as well, lol smiley

Nice!

Thanks, still on version 7, have no problems with it, I know there is resolution limit for a free version, but I now edit photos with it as well, lol smiley

Yeah... I found that out when I tried using it for making HDRIs! Still... it's so powerful at tweaking every little thing... it certainly would be worth the $grand to have that lifted. One day... maybe ;)

Anyways... I really like your modeling. Turned out looking just right!

first shot for Belit, queen of the black coast - under construction

and a test on Conan filtered in post

Belit.jpg
    2000 x 2270 - 402K
    conan.jpg
    2000 x 2270 - 493K
This discussion has been closed.