Post Your Renders - Happy New Year yall

Comments

• magaremotomagaremoto Posts: 1,226

wise words DB smiley

cool scene, I almost can feel panic within their hearts

• DartanbeckDartanbeck Posts: 21,326
    edited June 2016

A cute little thing, this Millennium Dragon 2 Hatchling is just perfect for at least the first season - perhaps more. I don't really intend on having her grow up very fast since I mostly work on the premise that Dragon live for a  v e r y  l o n g  time. Placed in the Alchemy Chasm stage that I just made (above), my actors test out the lighting along with their new Hatchling 

wise words DB smiley

I know, right? In their world, the sh!t is always hitting the f@n! ;)

Post edited by Dartanbeck on

I think I went a little overboard on the postwork blue and contrast. 

Dartan is very good friends with the Millennium Dragon and his successor. Although he and Predatron's Moorland Dragon are at odds with each other in the series, they are actually very good friends off-stage behing the scenes. When I collected Hatchling and the Dragonling (Teen MilDragon2) it was more for the collecting - thinking of possibly adding them into the scheme of thing eventually.

The thing is, I think of adult dragons as being really quite large. When I actually started working out some animations between these three characters (Dartan, Rosie and the Dragon) it does work out nicely, but having a much smaller dragon fits into the scene so much better and provides a lot more fun opportunities of vulnerabilities having the dragon be a Hatchling.

So the adult didn't lose his job, it's more like the Hatchling was hired as part of the cast of main characters instead of being thought of as a 'maybe'. 

All of these dragons are immensely fun when it comes to working with shaders. This early version of the Hatchling utilizes many maps from both MilDragon 1 and 2 texture folders - even using some of them as mixer blenders, reflection mapping, transparency and I'm considering experimenting with using maps for sss, once again.

A cute little thing, this Millennium Dragon 2 Hatchling is just perfect for at least the first season - perhaps more. I don't really intend on having her grow up very fast since I mostly work on the premise that Dragon live for a  v e r y  l o n g  time. Placed in the Alchemy Chasm stage that I just made (above), my actors test out the lighting along with their new Hatchling 

wise words DB smiley

I know, right? In their world, the sh!t is always hitting the f@n! ;)

yes but will we have some romance as expected in any sword and sorcery tales?

I like the new puppy, it can bring hilarious moments and break up the drama

roughness and micro reflections in genesis 3 skin to simulate the sebum layer

Doc3.jpg
    3000 x 2295 - 532K

yes but will we have some romance as expected in any sword and sorcery tales?

Absolutely! I just haven't been screen capturing those moments... too busy, you know ;)

Messing around with some more Stonemason on my laptop. This is the Aquatic Containment Facility with the Generic SciFi Corridor beyond the doors.

edited June 2016

Hey DB, time to add particles and a plethora of lights/camera effects, the best way to get a CG novel way more cool

enhanced porosity in this test

ten scan male hdr+area.jpg
    3000 x 3411 - 6M
    Post edited by magaremoto on

Hey DB, time to add particles and a plethora of lights/camera effects, the best way to get a CG novel way more cool

enhanced porosity in this test

Agreed. That all comes after these setups are done. I make those sorts of things separately so that they can be brought into scenes like this one (above), just like I do with the characters, vehicles, and other effects ;)

You're right, though. Time to show some more of that stuff. This laptop gave me an oportunity to revisit these environments from scratch, once again, which is a lot more fun than just copying them over from my other machine. But I guess it could also be considered a time waste. These scene set-ups are ceratinly one of my favorite things to do! When I bring in the action, however, the thrill multiplies!

Another big deal with the above scene test is that I'm now going fully into using Gamma Correction = 2.2, which creates a bit of a challenge for getting nice, dark scenes. I know we don't want the final result to be too dark, and it won't be. This particular backdrop being dark adds some needed contrast to what's going to happen within.

• chickenmanchickenman Posts: 1,202
    edited June 2016

Here is something I have been working on to try to learn how to Texture objects incuding Displacement mapping.

My next project is to get it onto a Cylendar to represent a coin.

Cube 1.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 55K
    Cube 2.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 36K
    Post edited by chickenman on

Nice! I'm still wary of displacement since it tends to slow down my renders too much, but that shouldn't stop me from experimenting a little. One day, perhaps ;)

I've used displacement in my Lava Lake shader, and have done a few other experiments along the way. Seems so long ago

Another big deal with the above scene test is that I'm now going fully into using Gamma Correction = 2.2, which creates a bit of a challenge for getting nice, dark scenes. I know we don't want the final result to be too dark, and it won't be. This particular backdrop being dark adds some needed contrast to what's going to happen within.

I would not exceed 1.8 gamma value for color baked maps as they might be already scene-linear corrected and many other maps (bump, normal, specular, reflection) doesn't need any correction

• StezzaStezza Posts: 7,989
    edited June 2016

messing around with Genesis, fur and mashing up some stuff

Post edited by Chohole on
  • bighbigh Posts: 8,147

cool work

bigh said:

cool work

Agreed!

Nice

test on skin shininess/roughness

2.jpg
    1920 x 2183 - 2M
  • de3ande3an Posts: 915
    edited June 2016

The sitting alien.

Is he evil, or just bored. You decide.

Click for full size:

Post edited by de3an on

Maybe he's just hungry.

That's awesome De3an! :)

That's awesome De3an! :)

Thanks Dart!
    I don't know if it really qualifies as "awesome". Just trying to do something a little quirky. smiley

de3an said:

Maybe he's just hungry.

...or perhaps he's contemplating....

• HeadwaxHeadwax Posts: 9,964
    edited June 2016

Ha ha, you lot have the spiel down pat.!

I did a 'gig' on the weekend again as an en plein air digital artist - staring into my cardboard box eeeeaking out work on a steam driven laptop.

the render's 4000 pixels wide if you want to click

also made a little vid to try and explain the process to the other painters at the end of day show

https://youtu.be/OceYbaSTYww

sphericalrender.jpg
    4000 x 1956 - 4M
    Post edited by Headwax on
    head wax said:

Ha ha, you lot have the spiel down pat.!

I did a 'gig' on the weekend again as an en plein air digital artist - staring into my cardboard box eeeeaking out work on a steam driven laptop.

the render's 4000 pixels wide if you want to click

also made a little vid to try and explain the process to the other painters at the end of day show

https://youtu.be/OceYbaSTYww

Nice Picture, Well done.

thanks Chickenman :) good luck with raptors

• DUDUDUDU Posts: 1,945

You are a incredible artist Andrew !

edited June 2016

bravo head wax,

picked up as a wallpaper of my tablet (very cool with icons placed on it)

should be great as hdr map too

Post edited by magaremoto on

thanks Dudu and magaremoto, that's very kind, great idea as a HDR map too, thanks!

• stringtheory9stringtheory9 Posts: 411
    edited July 2016

The ongoing struggle to simulate real skin reflections...

suprise2.jpg
    1200 x 900 - 736K
    Post edited by Chohole on

wow, apart from the tongue stunning realism

please keep on going

This discussion has been closed.