BUGGA BOO!!!!! Genesis 8 Female Cutie from Littlefox and Friends.

Comments

• PetraPetra Posts: 1,143

Wonderland said:

How are people getting the skin to apply? When I tried with Josie skin, it applied to the character but not to the body smoother on top. When I selected the body smoother in surfaces, it wouldn’t apply unless I copied/pasted to individual body parts. 

Anyway, I think she’s adorable. Here she is with Josie skin and a different hair shader in the hair because the brown hair shader gave me artifacts.

I loaded G8 and then dial in the Bugga Boo morphs, that way all skins will work fine. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,184

Wonderland said:

How are people getting the skin to apply? When I tried with Josie skin, it applied to the character but not to the body smoother on top. When I selected the body smoother in surfaces, it wouldn’t apply unless I copied/pasted to individual body parts. 

Anyway, I think she’s adorable. Here she is with Josie skin and a different hair shader in the hair because the brown hair shader gave me artifacts.

Did you read the tips in the readme file? I know most Daz readme files are next to worthless, but this one is actually worth reading. There is something called Material Matcher/Mat Fixer. I don't own Bugaboo yet, so I don't know if that is the magic answer or not. 

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

Did you read the tips in the readme file? I know most Daz readme files are next to worthless, but this one is actually worth reading. There is something called Material Matcher/Mat Fixer. I don't own Bugaboo yet, so I don't know if that is the magic answer or not. 

I just read the ReadMe and I don’t see anything about Material Matcher/Mat Fixer. (The one online) Ah, but I just found it in utilities. I will try it next time.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,184

Wonderland said:

barbult said:

Wonderland said:

I just read the ReadMe and I don’t see anything about Material Matcher/Mat Fixer. (The one online) Ah, but I just found it in utilities. I will try it next time.

You are right. The readme tips are about the smoother and dress fitter. I saw the Material Matcher/Mat fixer mentioned on the product page. At least you found it in utilities. I hope it is what you need. 

• Hey there,  Okay the Body Smoother is a graft that keeps her torso, legs arms and neck smooth (there's wayyyyyyy too much compression of geometry in those areas on the default G8 to render nicely for all posing).   Most mats should apply to Bugga assuming they aren't hiearchy (including the lashes in the mat for instance)  if they are, they might get fussy.    If you run into that, inside Bugga Boo's mats you'll find a 'mat fixer'  just select Bugga and apply it and the script will copy the body texture onto the graft and fix everything up.

As to the artifacts in the hair.  Try turning up the subdivision just a bit. for some reason it looks like it's not engaging...if you're still having problems with that, PM me and I'll see if I can smack it and get it to behave.

Wonderland said:

I posted this in another thread but was told to come here, 

I think she’s adorable but I have a problem. When I use a different texture on her, it applies to the skin but there is a Bugga Boo Body Smoother over her. A geoshell? When I select the smoother in parameters and in surfaces, the skin  material still won’t apply to it. It can be copy/pasted on to each body part individually though. I’m wondering why the material won’t go directly on the smoother attachment. Also I’m getting artifacts in the hair.

• Sorry about that confusion on that mat fix.  just now catching up... doh~!  Thanks guys for helping out! Appriciate it!

Hmmm sounds like there might be something weird going on with the shader... hmmm what lights are you using that you are getting artifacts and I'll see if I can reproduce and get rid of it.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470
    edited January 2021

Post edited by 3dOutlaw on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Lady Littlefox said:

Sorry about that confusion on that mat fix.  just now catching up... doh~!  Thanks guys for helping out! Appriciate it!

Hmmm sounds like there might be something weird going on with the shader... hmmm what lights are you using that you are getting artifacts and I'll see if I can reproduce and get rid of it.

Thanks. It was just the default HDRI.

• Hmmms and runs to smack it then, been using Fabi's lights and settings for too long and sometimes forget to go back to default.

• 3dOutlaw3dOutlaw Posts: 2,470

...or really chibi!!!!!!  Love the body proportions, and the flexibility of G8 outfits and such!

• UHFUHF Posts: 512

How can you trust this little bundle of malice?  Its pure evil!

Ghoulie2.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 438K
  • My first pic with her

Follow me darling.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 697K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited January 2021

She's a cutie!

bugga boo Private Garden w sig.jpg
    686 x 800 - 125K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • hilove Bugga Boo but holding off atm  would love to see how well she mixes in with other  g8f characters  and then would be a definate for me x

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,860
    edited January 2021

if my fridge hadn't decided to cark it on a 42°C day I would have bought her and her hair, they fell into my cart several times

the renders here are soooooo cute heart

one question though, how does she render in Filament with that body smoother?

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on
  • Honestly have not worked with Filament yet so the outfit and hair show some troubles with transparancies and cut outs getting silly, however the smoother graft appears to work perfectly except for one spot under the chin where it gets stretched a bit.   If you see the two green arrows, you can't even really see the graft edge line it's only under the chin where it seems to show up in filament... not sure why that would be, never seen that in the Iray renders... The rest of the graft appears flawless, just that one point along the grafting seam line appears to have a little fussing....

2021-01-25_17-26-37.jpg
    690 x 764 - 44K
  • Jan_ScrapperJan_Scrapper Posts: 351
    edited January 2021

I LOVE working with her!!  Great products, you guys!!!

Post edited by Chohole on
  • ArtiniArtini Posts: 8,869

Lady Littlefox said:

Honestly have not worked with Filament yet so the outfit and hair show some troubles with transparancies and cut outs getting silly, however the smoother graft appears to work perfectly except for one spot under the chin where it gets stretched a bit.   If you see the two green arrows, you can't even really see the graft edge line it's only under the chin where it seems to show up in filament... not sure why that would be, never seen that in the Iray renders... The rest of the graft appears flawless, just that one point along the grafting seam line appears to have a little fussing....

It is a known issue with filament, at least I have had the same problem with rendering Genesis 8 HD characters in Filament.

Filament renders shows brutally the seams under the chin and I have no skills to fix these issues myself.

• I'm in love with Bugga Boo! I'm working on my first render with her and she's adorable. While I couldn't get everything, I think I got enough to really play with her a lot. I'm going to have such fun! I'm another vote for a male version. That would be like the icing on the cake!

• Space Boo

Space Boo.jpg
    450 x 600 - 243K

I've been working with this in Octane, and it has been very well behaved.

ThePhone!.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 378K
  • Worlds_EdgeWorlds_Edge Posts: 2,145

Great renders everyone!  

• I was going to hold off on getting her, but got inspired to make a G8M version of her for my own use... I'm disappointed in that I was hoping to be able to put a render together by now, but I'm still waiting on Shape Rigger Plus to finish it's thing... 

• 3dOutlaw said:

...or really chibi!!!!!!  Love the body proportions, and the flexibility of G8 outfits and such!

I likey... NearMe head?

• RainRain Posts: 335

Jan_Scrapper said:

I LOVE working with her!!  Great products, you guys!!!

Very cute!

• Heavens I am so loving all these images!  This for me is the best part of development, watching folks play with them!  *hugs! and giggley fox dance*

• RainRain Posts: 335

I bought her and several of the items this morning, busy playing now.  She really is adorable. 

• Such wonderful imagery everyone! Squeee!!!

• SBibbSBibb Posts: 596
    edited January 2021

I finally caved and picked up Bugga Boo and a couple of the related packages.

Only had time for a quick render tonight, but already so much fun to play with her morph. I used Bugga Boo with Fallen Angel HD for this render.

I'm voting for a male version, too. :-D

A Visit to Planet Earth

SBibb - A visit to planet earth - Retouched.jpg
    667 x 1000 - 438K
    Post edited by SBibb on

OK... So this Christmas I ran a D&D game for my kids and their friends via Zoom. It was a Halloween adventure called "The Haunt";

https://www.drivethrurpg.com/product/206076/The-Haunt

The second floor of the mansion is occupied by an evil little doll with bright blue eyes.  She sings scary songs, which paralyze the players, then she tries to knife them.  If the players don't succeed, in killing it, it comes back again.  Repaired.

This is one of the songs I played for them;

And that what inspired the attached render.  "Will you be my friend?"

AngryDoll.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 672K