Pay it Forward Daz3d Style

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,307

I think that this thread is great. I see people doing the same as I do. I try and make a game of it nowadays. The only thing that doesn't leave is drives.

I Need a New Home - Page 3 - Daz 3D Forums

Look forward to I need a new home 2, an RTX 3060 12Gb, as soon as I get a little more save for a 3090 hoping price drop after their next release. Price is dropping a little each week. EVGA - Products - EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 XC3 ULTRA GAMING, 24G-P5-3975-KR, 24GB GDDR6X, iCX3 Cooling, ARGB LED, Metal Backplate - 24G-P5-3975-KR

edited June 2022

OOOppppss

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

Wonderland said:

Taoz said:

Gordig said:

I might be misremembering, but I think that's the version where Nvidia starting forcing emulation of RTX features on pre-RTX cards. Beyond that, I don't know what specific problem you could be experiencing.

No problems here with a GTX 1070 and DS 4.20.0.2.

Did it work with DS 4.15? I couldn’t render anything without crashing in DS 4.15 so I never upgraded higher.

I've used all General Release versions of DS since I got the GTX 1070 (5 years ago I think), it has been working fine with them all, on 10+ year old hardware.

Also, I see there’s a DS 4.9 listed somewhere in promos or on the site from a while ago. Did it go backwards? 

AFAIK DS got Iray support in version 4.8 but not sure which cards were supported then. 

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743
    edited June 2022

Wonderland said:

Nisse and the crown from the recent fairy nymph bundle https://www.daz3d.com/fairy-nymph-bundle with Silveren Hair completely froze my computer as soon as I wanted to check in iRay preview even before I got a chance to put clothes on her! I don’t know how people are rendering full scenes with a 1080ti! My computer is completely frozen and I have to do a hard restart. I think I’m going to have to stick to older products. The new ones just can’t work with my 1080ti. 

How much RAM do you have?  If the scene is large and you run out of RAM it will start swapping to disk which may make the PC look like it's frozen (mouse doesn't respond etc.).  My PC once froze for almost an hour because of swapping but it started rendering fine after swapping was finished.  Check the disk LED when it freezes, if it's lit constantly it may be that.

Post edited by Taoz on
  • N-RArtsN-RArts Posts: 1,446

WendyLuvsCatz said:

N-RArts said:

Just wondering. I though newer products were incompatible with older versions of Daz Studio. I once tried to load an outfit into an older version of Daz, but got an error because it could only be used in the latest version (so I was forced into updating the program)... Or does that not happen anymore...?

depends on the product and if it uses features added later or not 

Thank you ^^

Where is My piece of art?  If you don't know what I mean don't worry about it.

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited August 2022

AgitatedRiot said:

I whipped this up in Midjourney using Chrome on my old PC no graphics card cheeky 

wendyluvscatz_looking_through_an_endless_cloud_vortex_interior__9eb663f6-826e-4685-993b-ca6e2570672c.png
    1664 x 1664 - 4M
    Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

AgitatedRiot said:

I whipped this up in Midjourney using Chrome on my old PC no graphics card cheeky 

Not the one. Though it's a great image.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

I know what you are talking about. I have not forgotten. I finally have an ideal & am working on composing the scene now. The card didn't make me more talented though. LOL.

Thanks!

edited August 2022

nonesuch00 said:

I know what you are talking about. I have not forgotten. I finally have an ideal & am working on composing the scene now. The card didn't make me more talented though. LOL.

Thanks!

LOL Just wondering man. It doesn't have to be great. 

edited August 2022

Thankyou TheMysteryIsThePoint heart for a lovely 2080Ti that arrived in a box today

is in my rig and I can move around scenes with iray viewport pretty smoothly yes

trying to get used to one monitor again for now because my cat helped break my Displayport adaptor knocking the other monitor off the desk while attacking me as I plugged everything in

fortunately the monitor still works just the adaptor plug toast ( and stuck ) now I am finished he is fast asleep, will perk up again ready to draw blood if I investigate putting the 980Ti into my Win7 rig

and WOW, can move around realtime in Octane render 4 Carrara Pathtracing at that

Capture.JPG
    1920 x 1040 - 325K
  • TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,892
    edited August 2022

That's great news, Wendy. I'm glad it is working out for you. And thank you for the gift card that I feel guilty about redeeming :)

And there is one (maybe two left) if a 2080ti ( a blower, so it is fast but does run a little hot... well OK, quite hot) is of interest to anyone else. It would be best if the receiver were in the U.S.

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on
    edited August 2022

LOL not as hot as my 980Ti did in this rig but it does draw more power so I better watch that, set it to 80% now in MSI Afterburner after crashing my PC messing around in Carrara Octane

yes crashed the computer not just the driver and I noticed the high power draw on GPU-Z when I did it, may need a bigger PSU

just because I can move around a scene in realtime with pathtracing enabled doesn't mean I should blush definitely something that would have crashed my other card

will be taking the Win7 to the shop and seeing if I can get that put back in there, it has no GPU at the moment but it's actually the better rig and runs iray in the viewport albeit laggy on the CPU and my fall back machine if I need to do drop to CPU for heavy scenes

update solved second monitor a better way, finally found how to run it off the motherboard in the BIOS

so now can use both onboard graphics and card if needed in software that supports it

edited August 2022

not much 3D rendering so far as bit chilly in loungeroom but Flowframes loves it.

That interpolation program using Rife really taxed my 980Ti, it just breezes through on the 2080Ti barely using the fan and not breaking out a sweat at all (the 980Ti sometimes hit 90°C)

I played with Nvidia Canvas a bit too drawing photorealistic landscapes from doodles

https://www.facebook.com/1653360584/posts/pfbid076J2cnobZdAAEsVqqSXdzUikEerwPcC8smvLMoMLHsTDs9jzQZLuHi6s4WqQ3tHUl/

and interpolated it with Flowframes 

edited August 2022

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

That's great news, Wendy. I'm glad it is working out for you. And thank you for the gift card that I feel guilty about redeeming :)

And there is one (maybe two left) if a 2080ti ( a blower, so it is fast but does run a little hot... well OK, quite hot) is of interest to anyone else. It would be best if the receiver were in the U.S.

Nice of you to send someone a graphics card. Since I returned, I did that with a 12g RTX3060 and with an RTX 2060.

Congrats on the new card WendyLuvsCatz

running one of my previous Filament rendered videos through it now with 200 iterations a frame, it's staying around 60C and under 30secs a frame

• AgitatedRiot said:

Nice of you to send someone a graphics card. Since I returned, I did that with a 12g RTX3060 and with an RTX 2060.

I honestly couldn't think of a nicer person.

edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

running one of my previous Filament rendered videos through it now with 200 iterations a frame, it's staying around 60C and under 30secs a frame

Just out of curiosity, Wendy, what was the render time before? And if you're under 60C, you're not even trying... gotta through some volumetrics in there because reasons :)

edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

Just out of curiosity, Wendy, what was the render time before? And if you're under 60C, you're not even trying... gotta through some volumetrics in there because reasons :)

I have no idea TBH maybe 30mins to an hour, Filament , didn't watch, am doing this one slomo (100fps will be 30fps) iray now 10 hours for 1500 frames which is excellent (animations take time)

original I used EbSynth and Deepdream Generator in post

iray is pretty slow for animation 

the elf walking in this one took well over 15 hours denoised 20 iterations on my 980Ti

oh but I did stuff up and rendered it 8K!

downscaled in video

boy wiz0666.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    boy wiz1564.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M

oh and short answer

iray 30secs to 1m normal but 20 iterations with denoser

this is 2 emissive spheres 200 iterations without denoising so same time high quality

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Thanks Mystery... Wendy was on my list as well, but I got caught up waiting for 30x0 Prices to get decent... and, while they are now, I am thinking I might as well wait another couple of weeks to see what the 40x0 has to offer.

Did you say you had another 2080 to re-home?   There has to be somebody that needs one.

edited August 2022

video done, total 20 hours rendering both clips

book scene about 12 hours 200 iterations path length 8 1700 frames

alchemy lab about 8 hours 100 iterations denoise at 99, path length 8, was impossible to do without denoiser as so many emitters. 666 frames

IMO the path length still needs limiting simply because iray will just take too long regardless shooting all those rays out for animation and it honestly is unoticable in a video as opposed to a single image, may still interpolate the Alchemy Lab scene 10x for Dreaming Kitty channel 

Flowframes is considerably faster too after all and blows a bigger framerate in DAZ out of the water for speed

oh  and here is Alchemy Lab in Filament and Carrara Octane very noisy on old card

• Chumly said:

Thanks Mystery... Wendy was on my list as well, but I got caught up waiting for 30x0 Prices to get decent... and, while they are now, I am thinking I might as well wait another couple of weeks to see what the 40x0 has to offer.

Did you say you had another 2080 to re-home?   There has to be somebody that needs one.

Apparently not.

Just waiting for confirmation that the second one shipped OK. If it did, I've got two remaining.

if I can be so bold to suggest someone 

mCasual

I chat to him on Facebook and know he doesn't have an RTX card, he does a lot for the DAz community with his scripts too

edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mCasual

I chat to him on Facebook and know he doesn't have an RTX card, he does a lot for the DAz community with his scripts too

Nice suggestion... I've heard a lot about him.

Edit: Do you know if he's in the U.S. or not?

• RL_MediaRL_Media Posts: 339

What a cool thread idea.

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mCasual

Canada 

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,129

I don't need one, but I just wanted to say I appreciate you guys that have been doing this. What a nice thing. 

edited August 2022

WendyLuvsCatz said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

mCasual

Canada 

Hmm, I wonder if, because of NAFTA, it would be cheap to ship? I'll have to check that out before contacting him.

Edit: How can shipping from California to Canada cost the same as shipping to Southern Australia?!