Pay it Forward Daz3d Style

Comments

• AgitatedRiotAgitatedRiot Posts: 4,307
    edited August 2022

butterflyfish said:

I don't need one, but I just wanted to say I appreciate you guys that have been doing this. What a nice thing. 

If you give me a bit, I'll have an RTX 2080TI when I upgrade my second system. It might not be too long from now.

Edit: Sorry, that would be an RTX 3060 TI

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938
    edited August 2022

oh I was wrong BTW, Casual does have an RTX card too

an 8GB one

anyway I cannot assume anyone else's wants cheeky

I think many are shy that why not getting takers, I certainly was

Post edited by WendyLuvsCatz on

WendyLuvsCatz said:

oh I was wrong BTW, Casual does have an RTX card too

anyway I cannot assume anyone else's wants cheeky

I think many are shy that why not getting takers, I certainly was

That could be the last one I gave away. I think I forced them to take it, but they finally accepted without much argument. 

is like cake and chocolate 

we all want it without question but feel so incredibly guilty indulging heart

pride possibly comes into it too

I am constantly turning down invitations to go out with relatives because I don't want to be seen with all my missing teeth I lost over the past few years (thank goodness for face masks) I am considering the interest free options for dentures but know I need a least 4 more pulled and not really looking forward to the pain afterwards as the gum heals.

so money not even the biggest reason, I am not fond of pain blush

the pandemic has helped enormously with maintaining social isolation and I exploit that a lot

WendyLuvsCatz said:

I am constantly turning down invitations to go out with relatives because I don't want to be seen with all my missing teeth I lost over the past few years (thank goodness for face masks) I am considering the interest free options for dentures but know I need a least 4 more pulled and not really looking forward to the pain afterwards as the gum heals.

the pandemic has helped enormously with maintaining social isolation and I exploit that a lot

My first set slipped out of my hand and into a garbage disposal. I had to pay out of pocket for my second set, a little over 5000 US.

AgitatedRiot said:

WendyLuvsCatz said:

My first set slipped out of my hand and into a garbage disposal. I had to pay out of pocket for my second set, a little over 5000 US.

getting off topic but oh well wink

dental not covered by Medicare here either, I will only buy the top as have nearly all my bottom teeth (only missing 1 molar) 

no good filling them the fillings just fall out after a few years, this is pretty much what happened, all my filllings in every tooth fell out or it rotted beneath them and they look ugly to boot

I still have enough to eat easily so am actually in no rush, only get them pulled when I get abcesses surprise and have had a few these past few years, the pain eventually forces me to go to the dentist, a place of utter terror for me

pulling hurts less than fillings for me,

by a magnitude of 1K!!!

in fact I don't flinch at all then they are yanked out!

I get the most horrible sharp pain through my whole head from drilling that no amount of local anesthetic can numb, it has kept me away from the dentist for a decade, it is like that Dustin Hoffman film Marathon Man

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,284

I'd take a 2080TI, but with a 2060 Super and an A5000, I certainly couldn't make the case that I need one.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,380

That is sort of like me. I could use it to replace the 970 in my second computer; but I have a GTX 1080ti in my main computer. So,  I figured there are a lot of people who need it a lot more than me.

• butterflyfishbutterflyfish Posts: 1,129

Same. My current PC came with a 3050, so I'm pretty much all set compared to a lot of people.

• DandeneDandene Posts: 162
    edited August 2022

I'm still running my RTX 2060 (the Super was announced within a week of me installing it.  I might've facepalmed).  It was kind of a panic buy after GPUs were getting more difficult to get and I wanted something decent for rendering/gaming.  It's been good to me so far.  I feel bad that it's in a frankensteined computer.  cheeky

Post edited by Dandene on

TheMysteryIsThePoint I am busy rendering stuff but is going to be an extensive steampunk video using MidJourney generated art combined with DAZ content

I did do a bit of ground fog in one scene but honestly not fond of DAZ Volumetrics

(the VDB's that look good in Blender look like crap in DAZ cheekybut possibly user error)

will share some unedited frames

blaze083.png
    1920 x 1920 - 6M
    sp776.png
    1920 x 1080 - 5M
    offy509.png
    1920 x 1080 - 4M
    penny155.png
    1920 x 1920 - 5M
    hgm0097.png
    1920 x 1080 - 3M
    omb0693.png
    1920 x 1080 - 641K
    two190.png
    1920 x 1080 - 2M
    00001828.png
    1920 x 1080 - 1M

WendyLuvsCatz said:

TheMysteryIsThePoint I am busy rendering stuff but is going to be an extensive steampunk video using MidJourney generated art combined with DAZ content

I did do a bit of ground fog in one scene but honestly not fond of DAZ Volumetrics

(the VDB's that look good in Blender look like crap in DAZ cheekybut possibly user error)

I love the way you show appreciation for your gift. Unlike some.wink

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,777
    edited August 2022

@TheMysteryIsThePoint

........it maybe while before she sees some action as I may just use this as  a foundation for a long overdue new build.

Forever gratefull!!!!

daz post.jpg
    900 x 510 - 296K
    Post edited by wolf359 on
  • WendyLuvsCatz said:

I can't wait @WendyLuvsCatz you are so good at driving MJ.

• wolf359 said:

@TheMysteryIsThePoint

........it maybe while before she sees some action as I may just use this as  a foundation for a long overdue new build.

Forever gratefull!!!!

You are very welcome, @Wolf359 I've learned so much from you over the years. It was actually you that convinced me to learn more Blender, and the rest is history as they say.

• wolf359wolf359 Posts: 3,777
    edited August 2022

@TheMysteryIsThePoint

It was you ,who inspired me, to actually download and have a go with Houdini Apprentice as well.

I doubt will lever become as proficient as I am with Blender

But I have mastered creating smoke & Pyro and exporting the VBD’s to Blender for  linking/rendering which is what I really wanted from Houdini.

BTW, I am editing a new tutorial on using the Animation layers add-on ($28 USD on Blender market), with animated Characters imported via Diffeo.

It should be up by end of week

Thanks again buddy!!

Post edited by wolf359 on
  • This is the nicest thread in the forums.

lorraineopua said:

This is the nicest thread in the forums.

heart 

finished that video I mentioned

• Wow... surreal.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,024

Umm... anyone in the US have something in a size PCIe 2.0 x16. I did some maintenance on my rig and my GeForce GT 730 did not take kindly to being turned on its side, had to upgrade its cooling system to an oscillating desk fan.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954
    edited August 2022

Finally! I squeezed in enough time to do the render I promised for the generous gift of the EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB that @AgitatedRiot sent me! It flies & I am quite happy with it so thank you very much AgitatedRiot.

I had more trouble out of this render then I thought I would because I was right on the cusp of 12GB video RAM, if you can believe that, depending on what hair products I chose for all the males, plus the female is wearing 2 hair products and diamonds! I think maybe nVidia has opted to use more RAM in it's newer iRay SDKs for speed sake, over saving memory. Or maybe the latest DS Public Beta is not auto-choosing the "memory" vs "speed" optimisation when I choose "auto" before I rendered the scene.

Thanks to AOBB for her 5 male & 1 female head morphs and also perlk for the diamond earrings, necklace, & choker being worn in the scene. 

Diamonds are a Girl's Best Friend

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
    edited August 2022

nonesuch00 said:

Finally! I squeezed in enough time to do the render I promised for the generous gift of the EVGA GeForce RTX 3060 12GB that @AgitatedRiot sent me! It flies & I am quite happy with it so thank you very much AgitatedRiot.

I had more trouble out of this render then I thought I would because I was right on the cusp of 12GB video RAM, if you can believe that, depending on what hair products I chose for all the males, plus the female is wearing 2 hair products and diamonds! I think maybe nVidia has opted to use more RAM in it's newer iRay SDKs for speed sake, over saving memory. Or maybe the latest DS Public Beta is not auto-choosing the "memory" vs "speed" optimisation when I choose "auto" before I rendered the scene.

Thanks to AOBB for her 5 male & 1 female head morphs and also perlk for the diamond earrings, necklace, & choker being worn in the scene. 

Excellent render. Yes, I can believe it; you can do it with one character if you Subd it enough. I love it. Finding that happy spot is hard; it's between  11.2 and 11.3; it jumps to CPU. I tried to stick to about 10Gb.

Post edited by AgitatedRiot on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

AgitatedRiot said:

nonesuch00 said:

Excellent render. Yes, I can believe you can do with one character if you Subd it enough. I love it.

Thanks & thanks for the tip. I'll have to go back now & check the subD levels on all the models in the scene, maybe I can switch back to the hair products I originally choose.

• OK, I need someone to PM me and give me a candidate for an RTX 3060TI. I want it to go to someone who needs a graphics card. I want to go to someone who wouldn't turn around and sell the card. It's in the second system in my sig. Not one render was done on it, just some Gaming. I never overclock. It's a month old. I got it on 2022-08-09.

• Sorry folks, someone has claimed the card.

• ChumlyChumly Posts: 793

Again, hats off to you for this kind gesture!

• I have one 2080ti left.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,419

You're the sweetest really, donors! 
    I'd love to follow your example, but a) have only one extra GC and that's a measly GTX 1050 Ti (used that with an external GPU case), and b) am in Europe, so shipping to the US where most of you are based would be just insane. Still just wanted to say how cool I think you are! 

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,024
    edited September 2022

A thank for @AgitatedRiot for his generous gift!

Sorry it's nothing too special, it only my 7th render with iRay.

RTX3060Ti test 02.jpg
    1024 x 1365 - 559K
    Post edited by Ethin on