Pay it Forward Daz3d Style

Comments

• Ethin said:

A thank for @AgitatedRiot for his generous gift!

Sorry it's nothing too special, it only my 7th render with iRay.

Was it what you hoped it would be? Great image

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,024
    edited September 2022

AgitatedRiot said:

Was it what you hoped it would be? Great image

Thanks! It works great even if it's a little restricted by the older slot. Here's another Image.smiley

12-28-2018 2022 Clothed iRay 01.jpg
    2100 x 2800 - 1M
    Post edited by Ethin on
  • Nice
  • ChumlyChumly Posts: 793
    edited November 2022

Hey
    How bout this...  Lets do a Daz Secret Santa.

I have a member in mind*... so if anybody has some late model computer components, we can send them to the "gift-ee" for them to have a computer built...

So, If you have upgraded to a 4090/3090 and your 3060 12gb card is laying idle (or your 2080 etc).... or your new Ryzen 9 7900 has left your 3900x and MB feeling left out, maybe its time to spread some christmas cheer!

PM me if you have anything and I'll share some more details

*The are a number or really selfless members here who are always helpful to answer our questions and or make freebie assets for us to use, this might be a nice "thank you" from our communtiy!

Post edited by Chumly on

Secret Santa...
    If any of you are dropping in because you have an interest in helping out with a Daz Secret Santa... You can PM me and we will discuss the what/when/why/how.

Its not a scam (I've sent stuff, including an entire system) to folks in this thread), just want to help out.

I already have a Brand new Mid Tower Case.... Low Mile 6TB HDD, brand new in the box Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard,....  But the more we get, the more we can pass on the blessing!

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,954

Chumly said:

Secret Santa...
    If any of you are dropping in because you have an interest in helping out with a Daz Secret Santa... You can PM me and we will discuss the what/when/why/how.

Its not a scam (I've sent stuff, including an entire system) to folks in this thread), just want to help out.

I already have a Brand new Mid Tower Case.... Low Mile 6TB HDD, brand new in the box Microsoft Ergonomic Keyboard,....  But the more we get, the more we can pass on the blessing!

I've already contacted you with what I have available, thanks.

• I'm still running on a GTX 1060 6 gig. I want to get something with a little more power to run the newest build of DS but alas retirement budget makes me hold back a bit. I've even been looking at a RTX 2060 since I only have a 650 watt PSU.

• TorquinoxTorquinox Posts: 2,703

Philippi_Child said:

I'm still running on a GTX 1060 6 gig. I want to get something with a little more power to run the newest build of DS but alas retirement budget makes me hold back a bit. I've even been looking at a RTX 2060 since I only have a 650 watt PSU.

You might be able to upgrade to a 3060. It's a 12GB, 180 watt card; and prices have dropped a lot. 

• Getting ready to upgrade to a 

PRIME Z690-P D4|Motherboards|ASUS USA   get to keep my DDR 4 memory and take advantage of the 5.0 PCIe 

Intel® Core™ i9-13900K Processor

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,747

Wow, just discovered this thread! You guys are AMAZING! I'm having major issues with my now lowly 1080ti so if anyone is giving away anything higher, I'd definitely be interested! laugh

• ChuckMChuckM Posts: 129

AgitatedRiot said:

Getting ready to upgrade to a 

PRIME Z690-P D4|Motherboards|ASUS USA   get to keep my DDR 4 memory and take advantage of the 5.0 PCIe 

I've been thinking of replacing my ASUS Z170-P. PRIME Z6090-P looks like a nice place to start.

AgitatedRiot said:

Getting ready to upgrade to a 

So Motherboards can also be given away here too? I will have an AMD AM4 Gigabyte MB (upgraded BIOS to support Ryzen 5000 series CPUs/APUs / kind of lacking in top of the line USB & WiFi connections though) to give away sometime next year because I need to buy one that supports 10Gbps (to use the full speed of those 1050Mbps USB SSDs) and this currect motherboard only does 5Gbps (500Mbps).

• Here is what I will donate to one person an i9 gen 10850k and a gigabyte z490. Again I am still saving for the processor. The motherboard I won't have save money to get.

I got some items I need to get rid of... just bringing this back up to help my daz brothers and sisters out

• Faeryl WomynFaeryl Womyn Posts: 3,344

LOL Glad this thread is doing well and so many have been helped. I also want to say thank you to Chumly for my computer after he sent me a box of parts about a year and a half ago. I now have an i5 computer with a bunch of ram, huge upgrade from my quad core and 4 gigs of ram lol, not to mention a nearly 20 yr old graphics card lol. I can finally use dforce and iray.

Not only did I get a much better computer, there were enough parts left over to give my grand daughters friend a computer.

Don't know if I will ever be in a position to pay it forward, especially since I need to upgrade my graphics card, however, you are at the top of my list to find someone who can use anything I can give Chumly.

Hows everybody doing... 

Monitors?

I know its a bit old now, but GTX 1060 6GB card...?

A few SSDs  ?

Various parts and cables... let me know.

• EthinEthin Posts: 1,024

Chumly said:

Hows everybody doing... 

Monitors?

A few SSDs  ?

I could definitely use more storage space, constantly removing stuff to make room for something else.

Chumly said:

Hows everybody doing... 

Monitors?

A few SSDs  ?

Hi ... do you still have the graphics card? 

No, it went away locally... 

Anybody else have an old graphics card?

• WendyLuvsCatzWendyLuvsCatz Posts: 37,938

I am in the process of killing hardware so not much help besides living in Australia to boot, if anyone wants dead hard drives I am amassing quite a collection blush

LOL Wendy, save the collection, it might be worth money some day lol

• In need of a good home:

EVGA 1600W Titanium Power Supply

128G DDR4,  ( 8 x 16G ) This is Desktop memory, not the shorter SODIMMs for laptops. I'd like to give away two 64G configurations.

• edited December 2023

Hi,TheMysteryIsThePoint

If you haven't sent the last 64G of your RAM away already, I could sure use it. I have 32G, but at the rate I multitask my system really needs an upgrade. I have a MSI X470 motherboard using 4 DDR4 slots, full at the moment, no special requirements, DDR4 1866 to 3466. Ryzen 7 3700x 8-core. I'm a 75 yo goblin trying to develop a UE5 game. I am old but I am persistent, but made slower due to living basically on SS now. I despise beggin, and I'm not, really. Just if no one else needs it.

Post edited by delectro_9f6dc82a97 on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,283

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

In need of a good home:

I'd love the power supply, please. 

• TheMysteryIsThePointTheMysteryIsThePoint Posts: 2,892
    edited December 2023

Well, that worked out :)

@delectro_9f6dc82a97 gets the 2nd 64 gigs. This is not begging, it's birds of a feather just helping each other out, like one does in a community.

@Gordig, you are welcome to it, but are you SURE you need 1600W? Are you running multiple GPUs? If not, it's just going to run up your electric bill with no perceptible benefit. It's a Titanium, but you're still going to feel it a little bit...

Please PM me your addresses.

Post edited by TheMysteryIsThePoint on
  • Thanks x 1000! It will be well used.

edited December 2023

TheMysteryIsThePoint said:

In need of a good home:

128G DDR4,  ( 8 x 16G ) This is Desktop memory, not the shorter SODIMMs for laptops. I'd like to give away two 64G configurations.

I just sent you a PM. 

Followup - thanks!

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Does anyone have an Intel socket 1200 motherboard? I don't need anything; I need knowledge. I will be parting out my primary system on certain parts. I'll post which parts.

• I think so? I have a Gigabyte B560.

• butterflyfish said:

I think so? I have a Gigabyte B560.

Why yes, it is. What ya running in that socket?