New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited October 2021

Novica said:

Take a look at this lava flow- and those people who are just idiots IMO. Toxic fumes spread very quickly and they're just way too close. You can see the fumes in the air. Not to mention how fast that lava is moving.

It's not near as pretty as a good thunderstorm. You could get the same effect pouring honey out of a jar. It's already very pretty the atmospheric effects there at dawn & dusk practically all summer, every summer.

Thanks for the heads up on the Wonders of Nature. It's quite nice.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited October 2021

I got busy and forgot to post Echo (GF8.1) with Adventure Outfit (G8F)  and Low Bang Hair (G8)

echo 2.png
    600 x 1000 - 829K
    echo.png
    600 x 1000 - 701K
    Post edited by Novica on

Don't forget to use your end of the month PC+ coupons :)   I picked up Coral and a bunch of stuff, by adding one of the PC+ still new releases got great deals then used the coupon.

Cart - 14 Items

imageBistro Chic Iray Flooring Shaders

$12.95

$0.57
    96% Off

$10.00imageLit Trees - Trees with Fairy Lights for Iray

$17.95

$0.00
    100% Off

imageCube Car

$16.95

$0.00
    100% Off

$35.00image

Under Sea Jewelry For Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

$16.95

$2.83
    83% Off

$35.00image

Fantasy of the Deep Outfit For Genesis 8.1 Female and Coral 8.1

$19.95

$3.33
    83% Off

$35.00image

Lu Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

$24.95

$4.16
    83% Off

$50.00image

Dragan HD for Genesis 8.1 Male

$18.95

$3.15
    83% Off

$35.00image

Coral 8.1

$44.95

$7.48
    83% Off

Underwater Treasure

$17.95

$2.99
    83% Off

$35.00image

Aquatic Fantasy - Pirates Wreckage

$19.95

$3.33
    83% Off

$35.00image

Amipiscus Friendly Fish Original Figure

$21.95

$3.66
    83% Off

$50.00image

Kent Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female

$24.95

$4.16
    83% Off

$50.00imageAlbert Mansion Poses for Genesis 8.1 Male and Female

$14.95

$1.86
    88% Off

Add Interactive License

$10.00image

BW Sea Pearl Mermaid Outfit For Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 Females

$18.95

$3.15
    83% Off

Novica said:

Don't forget to use your end of the month PC+ coupons :)   I picked up Coral and a bunch of stuff, by adding one of the PC+ still new releases got great deals then used the coupon.

Cart - 14 Items

Add Interactive License

$10.00image

BW Sea Pearl Mermaid Outfit For Genesis 8 and Genesis 8.1 Females

$18.95

$3.15
    83% Off

I pretty much just bought the same things today except I subbed out a couple of things for Greek/Roman items like Toga for G8M & Cyclops for G8M.

edited October 2021

CB Isabella (G8F)          dF Jaila Candy Dress (G8F)             MRL dF Long Layered Hair (G8F)

The Jaila Dress has a lot of really nice options.

CB Isabella 2.png
    417 x 470 - 363K
    CB Isabella.png
    420 x 600 - 351K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • jakibluejakiblue Posts: 7,281

I was thinking of getting Coral 8.1 so I could use up my coupon (neither of which have been touched this month), also cos I've only spent a grand total of $1.99 during this sale LOL

Novica said:

CB Isabella (G8F)          dF Jaila Candy Dress (G8F)             MRL dF Long Layered Hair (G8F)

The Jaila Dress has a lot of really nice options.

She looks good.

jakiblue said:

I was thinking of getting Coral 8.1 so I could use up my coupon (neither of which have been touched this month), also cos I've only spent a grand total of $1.99 during this sale LOL

LOL, good job. laugh Coral 8.1 would be a good reward. I bought her after trying autofit for the old DAZ Original G2F Mermaid Bundle (the one with Callie) but I would have had to do a lot more edits on the autofit to thighs and pelvis corrected. Plus Coral has pretty colors & iRay materials.

• IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

I have really missed these.  Looking forward to seek\ing whats new!

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

I don't use dForce much but I thought it might be useful to make an Autumn tree loose its' leaves and berries. First thing I found was the leaves and berries need to be separate from the branches so that they will fall. I used the Rowan as it has leaves and berries and Autumn leaf colours. I also added a Primitive Plane for them to land on :)

This is just the tree with dForce.

Click on image for full size.

Then I tried with the berries.

Then changed the leaf colour.

I then added an Environment and while I was there added dForce to the trees used in it.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

@Fishtales, I looked at your images and tests for a brief moment before I had to get dressed and start my day this morning. Now I am able to look again. And I am still amazed at how great it is.

One thought I had was did you try the wind node also?

I love the way the leaves fell, they look a lot like the ones all over our area here in Denver. Except where the leaf blowers have tried to corral them to be picked up, and left piles on sidewalks and the street. 

Wouldn't it be great if a PA came out with leaves that had areas on leaves that could be shaded independent of the others so you could have gold lining up to olive green with a tinge of dirty brown/grey? Or a purple/magenta on reddish maple, with oranges, and yellow... and spotched with black spots?

Mary

memcneil70 said:

@Fishtales, I looked at your images and tests for a brief moment before I had to get dressed and start my day this morning. Now I am able to look again. And I am still amazed at how great it is.

I love the way the leaves fell, they look a lot like the ones all over our area here in Denver. Except where the leaf blowers have tried to corral them to be picked up, and left piles on sidewalks and the street. 

Wouldn't it be great if a PA came out with leaves that had areas on leaves that could be shaded independent of the others so you could have gold lining up to olive green with a tinge of dirty brown/grey? Or a purple/magenta on reddish maple, with oranges, and yellow... and spotched with black spots?

Mary

I had thought about adding a wind node but I haven't got around to that yet. 

memcneil70 said:

Mary

Added the Wind Node :)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Fishtales said:

Added the Wind Node :)

Your series worked really well. You never know with dForce what you may get but the blowing leaves in your animation captured the essence of the season. 

@Fishtales, That is great! And so nice to wake up to it.

memcneil70 said:

@Fishtales, That is great! And so nice to wake up to it.

Thank you. That was a quick Filament render it would probably look better using Iray.

edited November 2021

I have been trying to upload renders for a character for the past two days. Seeing that this thread seems to be able to have uploads I am testing this here. The character is RAV Jang Hee-jin for G8.1F by Ravenstone.

Jang Hee jin v3.png
    900 x 1456 - 1M
    Post edited by memcneil70 on
  • tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,384

memcneil70 said:

I have been trying to upload renders for a character for the past two days. Seeing that this thread seems to be able to have uploads I am testing this here. The character is RAV Jang Hee-jin for G8.1F by Ravenstone.

Thanks for going through all that trouble! The OP on the character has been closed it seems. Really like your render! 

Feel free to post products on this thread, that's what it's for :)  It's a community thread (with the guideline of renders being family friendly, for new users)  @memcneil70  She looks good. One of those characters whose age is hard to pinpoint.

Wanted to mention an OT, for those of you in wintry states. The roads in 11 states are definitely going to have slower response times in getting roads cleared or sanded due to a large deficient in road plow/salting drivers. And another thing- get your snow tires NOW if you need them, there's already a shortage and it's going to get worse. Firestone was reporting up to a 50% shortage in some areas, compared to the stock they typically have on hand. (Reliable sources- CNN and Accuweather.) 

I had to order Stetson a blanket to replace the one he had, it was the lighter weight fleece which he uses when it's 50 degrees down to 40. Well, covid strikes again. Won't be available until end of November. So I had to get a medium weight and spend 3x the money, but I know the supply will only get worse as the winter kicks in. That blanket  has always been available year round and I went to the five major horse sites on the internet and no go. 

So the thread question for today- have you done your holiday shopping yet?  I've told my sons we are just doing cash, but I found the most ADORABLE mugs at TJ Maxx. It has a  really cute T-Rex wrapped in Christmas Lights and says "Tree Rex."  It's a large mug, not quite as big as the soup mugs, but larger than a typical mug. Perfect size, still easy to hold. If you have a TJ Maxx near you, worth a look. They are up front, while you're in line at the cash register.  I'm just putting a check inside it for my sons. Cash is always the best present in our house, impossible to know what electronics/games my sons have.  I also take toys to the animal shelter, rescue groups. 

Thanks @tsroemi and @Novica. I am just glad it didn't result in getting this thread locked.

My son is hoping to replace the kids laptops/iPads for Christmas and I was like you need to buy soon, as those are not easily come by. But price is a constraint. So, since I have no idea what a 17yo, a 14/15yo, and a 8yo would 'really' want or need, I generally transfer money and defer to their parents. I upped my game this time and doubled the amount, so they can combine it with the other grandmother's donation and their cash and get something good and solid. And in that is the birthday money for the 17th birthday next weekend. 

Another fun place to buy gifts is a museum gift shop. Items may be themed to special exhibits or just the normal interesting things. I picked some things up when we went to the Stonehenge Exhibit. Just have to wrap and mail them. 

Or find your local 'old town center' and poke into the small stores for locally made products or antiques.

Mary

edited November 2021

I am glad to see a hard frost where I live finally. I've been waiting for it. Here it is November 6th and I have to mow 2 big lawns one final time this week for the winter. This is the latest I've ever had to do that.

I haven't started Christmas shopping yet. I don't enjoy it until it's actually about the time we would have been let out for school for Christmas vacation as a kid, which was typically about 15 December. I don't decorate til then either. I time all my decorations according to what we did at school or at home as a kid. Before that time frame, it doesn't matter how much Christmas decorations and sales are on offer, I'm not interested. It's the same with the other holidays too. Luckily, no one is really wanting for anything that's actually needed, so it's fun to try to come up with some moderately or even cheaply priced item that is liked. Heck, I am thinking of teaching myself to make gifts because things are just so easy, whether needed, wanted, or both, to buy at anytime of the year, that it can make it very difficult on us shoppers. I guess cash is good but, hello world, I'm always short of that myself laugh  

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • IceDragonArtIceDragonArt Posts: 12,548

Tim and I bought a 2.5lb bag of dirt to pan for gold.  Its a ton of fun and usually gives us hours of time together around the table together panning.  The rest of our family we don't purchase gifts anymore.  We do small gag gifts at Christmas Eve dinner but thats it.  We plan things to do together instead.

IceDragonArt said:

Tim and I bought a 2.5lb bag of dirt to pan for gold.  Its a ton of fun and usually gives us hours of time together around the table together panning.  The rest of our family we don't purchase gifts anymore.  We do small gag gifts at Christmas Eve dinner but thats it.  We plan things to do together instead.

That sounds fun!

I just tried something I hadn't done before, which ironically is what makes the product so good-  Content Package Assist is REALLY cool for combining products in one place. I was doing a product associated with the HiveWire Horse, and thought while I was at it, might as well do Whisper, horse tack, horse poses, wings, etc (all HiveWire)  Before that store closed, (and they did a fantastic job moving all the products to Rendo, no problem)  I bought most the animals from Ken, and had all of Lisa's stuff.  If you haven't thought about grouping your products, the Content Package Assist is a gem. Simply choose Batch, bring in the zip files, and they'll all be grouped under one name in one location of your choice. In my instance, under the HiveWire Horse. Since you create your own title for the studio, I also put Deer (HiveWire Horse And Deer) 

I just never had the need to combine stuff from Rendo as I haven't used much of it yet (same with Daz, so that's why I don't buy much anymore.)  But thought I'd pass this along to new users who may not even be aware of the product which can make Rendo DS files easy to install. For 15 products to be grouped and installed took about five minutes. I do have a fast computer, but it sure beats dragging all those files by hand.

edited November 2021

Urgent heads up- note the expiration time on one of the main promos is in 20 minutes. It did a weird morning time, aka 7am Central time. You can pick up some items for 72 percent off without having to buy ten things. I always assume new promos are daz midnight and don't know when this one came up, I don't hit the store everyday when it changes over, like I used to. But I got a popup saying my cart was expiring in 20 minutes, and sure enough checked the promo.

Daz site is throwing server errors all over the place, took eight minutes to post this. The cart kept telling me to verify my address using Paypal, nothing wrong with my address and no way to do that on the cart page. So now promo ends in TWELVE MINUTES. Hurry if you want some items 72 percent off. I like the Ergou hair products. Some on sale.

Post edited by Novica on
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited November 2021

Novica said:

I just tried something I hadn't done before, which ironically is what makes the product so good-  Content Package Assist is REALLY cool for combining products in one place. I was doing a product associated with the HiveWire Horse, and thought while I was at it, might as well do Whisper, horse tack, horse poses, wings, etc (all HiveWire)  Before that store closed, (and they did a fantastic job moving all the products to Rendo, no problem)  I bought most the animals from Ken, and had all of Lisa's stuff.  If you haven't thought about grouping your products, the Content Package Assist is a gem. Simply choose Batch, bring in the zip files, and they'll all be grouped under one name in one location of your choice. In my instance, under the HiveWire Horse. Since you create your own title for the studio, I also put Deer (HiveWire Horse And Deer) 

I just never had the need to combine stuff from Rendo as I haven't used much of it yet (same with Daz, so that's why I don't buy much anymore.)  But thought I'd pass this along to new users who may not even be aware of the product which can make Rendo DS files easy to install. For 15 products to be grouped and installed took about five minutes. I do have a fast computer, but it sure beats dragging all those files by hand.

Thanks for sharing your experience. There is also a FREE tool over at ShareCG that can be used to easily get your non DAZ purchased assets into DIM for install and catagorization.

https://sharecg.com/v/88851/gallery/10/Software-and-Tools/Install-Manager-Package-Maker-Version-2 ;

Apart from the name spacing issue which I suggest you resolve by editing the file before copying to your DIM install folder, the application works fine.

I do use a separate holding folder for the newly created DIM compatible file, but others may choose to drop them in their current DIM install folder and edit from there. 

Post edited by Tugpsx on

I got the orange banner to get the sunroom free with ANY of Cake One's new releases, so am probably getting the Pastel Edition set. A light set and a room for 11.87 is about 6.00 each so I think I will take the plunge. I definitely am not getting the bundle, don't need black and white. So many light sets are similar to already existing ones, I don't buy many anymore. I still really like DA Real World Lighting and the Cake One and Paper Tiger light sets.

• Novica said:

I got the orange banner to get the sunroom free with ANY of Cake One's new releases, so am probably getting the Pastel Edition set. A light set and a room for 11.87 is about 6.00 each so I think I will take the plunge. I definitely am not getting the bundle, don't need black and white. So many light sets are similar to already existing ones, I don't buy many anymore. I still really like DA Real World Lighting and the Cake One and Paper Tiger light setson't forget to use the coupon for each day you spent $25 last week

For a liitle more savings don't forget to use the coupon for each day you spent $25 last week

Well I went for the bundle and the set, not that I was too impressed. Liked the outside better. But I bet it is not included. But I went for Aeon Soul's poses first. I thought they were well done and natural. That coupon helped too. Until I read Novica's post I was wishlisting the bundle, but decided to get the lights afterall.

But that leaves little now for me to get anything else until the end of the month. The buy-in for the 10% off wiped out a chunk of my month's credit. 

Have any of you tried the Materia Meshmaker Plugin ?   I don't know where to find it. When I go look in the file (Under Content) it has a Support folder. I did restart the studio, but where do I find it to work with it?  I did go to About Installed Plugins and it's not in the list, even after restarting the studio.