New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

I've seen formu, posts about some tiff files not working in the latest DS 4.15.0.30. Maybe some of your textures use tiff instead of png or jpg for some images.

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Happy Birthday to ex-President Jimmy Carter. He is 97 years old today! He is spending the day at home in Georgia. 

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

Novica said:

Happy Birthday to ex-President Jimmy Carter. He is 97 years old today! He is spending the day at home in Georgia. 

Hard to believe he's done so well for so long. I've admired his work for Habitat for Humanity. 

RGcincy said:

Novica said:

Hard to believe he's done so well for so long. I've admired his work for Habitat for Humanity. 

He is quite the goodwill ambassador. Nice to see some of the ex-Presidents staying active and making a difference for other folks, even outside the US.  

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,357
    edited October 2021

RGcincy said:

Novica said:

And also with Lionism. Happy Birthday ex-President Carter.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • RainRain Posts: 335

Checking out Alternative Shapes for Kayden and it shows that it requires Road Bicycle, an actual bicycle.....and it's a really old bicycle.  It doesn't show that you need the original Kayden figure and I think that you do. My morning chuckle.

edited October 2021

There's a couple Metro products for 1.99 if you're PC+ (or Daz+ whatever) and  Metro Interior can be misleading if you're breezing past the product only using the main promos.  It's not just the inside of the Metro car, it includes the outside. Take a peek at the additional promo thumbnails :)  

Post edited by Novica on

How about this dolphin playing with a golden retriever? (And they really were playing, that's not a disoriented dolphin.)

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944
    edited October 2021

Novica said:

How about this dolphin playing with a golden retriever? (And they really were playing, that's not a disoriented dolphin.)

Maybe the dolphin was trying to run the dog out because chasing shoals of fish to shore is one of the favorite hunting methods of dolphins and that dog was chasing off it's meal. You can watch dolphins do that all day long on parts of Tampa Bay. Did you know Flipper the TV Series is on Roku Channel? I hadn't seen it since the 60s on TV until recently and it's still just as good. The thing that always got me about that show is that Bud (the littlest kid) talks with a comically heavy Jersey accent and the others don't. I wanted to be a marine biologist for the longest time after that show.

There is another Metro Train that I bought instead of the one you linked above with clean textures.

Post edited by nonesuch00 on

I have that other Metro Train already. It doesn't have the walking areas outside the train from what the promos show and description says. But Metro Train is indeed a prettier, cleaner option and worth having.

Novica said:

I have that other Metro Train already. It doesn't have the walking areas outside the train from what the promos show and description says. But Metro Train is indeed a prettier, cleaner option and worth having.

Oh, yeah. The train platforms alone are worth $1.99.

Thanks for pointing out both $1.99 Metro products. I had overlooked both.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,743

It loooks like it has a lot of material zones you can alter. I wasn’t going to get it based on the main promo because I’m not into dirty, rundown stuff, but it seems you can make it very modern and clean with shaders. 

edited October 2021

I'm posting this before I head off to get some sleep, because she is 1.99 and looks good IMO. The last photo is shown with Alawa 8 skin (with the teeth darkened, they were Pesodent bright.)  The Baylee teeth materials are more yellow and you might play around with lightening them or add some blue. 

I was hesitant to get her as the promos make her skin look splotchier than it really is. Good deal for 1.99 even if you just use the morphs, but I think her skin is fine. The circles under her eyes are something unique.

VYK Baylee (G8F)   (now 1.99)  Lounge Wear (G8F)      dF Lounge Wear (G8F) 

I like her side profile. Looks like a normal person, not a model.

Alawa 8 skin.

Baylee 2.png
    500 x 900 - 364K
    Baylee.png
    804 x 900 - 611K
    Baylee3.png
    560 x 856 - 597K
    Baylee Alawa.png
    560 x 900 - 491K
    Post edited by Novica on

She looks very nice with the Alawa skin. But you know, the last thing I need is another G8F!

@barbult  Yeah, me too. I'm at the point where I'm passing up 1.99 items which are sets, because I have too many living rooms, kitchens, etc. 

I'm going to be playing around a bit with some of the G8Fs who I haven't rendered, probably using the same light so I can compare them. 

I looked through the $1.99 PCFAD items and I'm through as I think they've had the same batch all sale long and there isn't anything else I can make use of that I don't have several similar items of already.

I did buy other items on sale though like the B.E.T.T.Y. Stained Glass Mirrors and the Ansiko Boxing Gym. I still can't download anything since Saturday morning but I'm patient. 

• nonesuch00 said:

I looked through the $1.99 PCFAD items and I'm through as I think they've had the same batch all sale long and there isn't anything else I can make use of that I don't have several similar items of already.

It's a catch up, so yes it is the same ones that have been available earlier in the sale.

I did buy other items on sale though like the B.E.T.T.Y. Stained Glass Mirrors and the Ansiko Boxing Gym. I still can't download anything since Saturday morning but I'm patient. 

nonesuch00 said:

If you have the mirrors, note there's tables to match them. Would be a pretty set.  Do you know why you can't download stuff? Is it a known DIM issue?

Man, I am HATING this forum font. 

Can someone answer this question? In the Caribbean Island product, can you turn off just the flowers? They are flat and even if they weren't, they look totally out of place to me. Those look like daisies! All I see is a mention of vegetation being separate, so I'm wondering if the flowers (instances most likely) can be turned off or opacity-outted in Surfaces. You get a lot with that product and it's in the 50 percent off (more with purchase, etc) so I'm looking at it. If those flowers can't go bye-bye without losing all the vegetation, not buying it.  

• Novica said:

Can someone answer this question? In the Caribbean Island product, can you turn off just the flowers? They are flat and even if they weren't, they look totally out of place to me. Those look like daisies! All I see is a mention of vegetation being separate, so I'm wondering if the flowers (instances most likely) can be turned off or opacity-outted in Surfaces. You get a lot with that product and it's in the 50 percent off (more with purchase, etc) so I'm looking at it. If those flowers can't go bye-bye without losing all the vegetation, not buying it.  

They have their own surface groups, so they can be hidden with opacity or removed entirely with the Geometry Editor

@richardhaseltine  Thanks!  I've never seen such squashed flowers :(  and definitely want them gone.

Novica said:

@richardhaseltine  Thanks!  I've never seen such squashed flowers :(  and definitely want them gone.

Look at this promo snippet. Either those flowers or that character are way out of scale!

Screenshot 2021-10-10 134053.jpg
    716 x 365 - 77K
    edited October 2021

@barbult  Yeah, that too! My goodness. I am still looking at it, it goes 15.73 and 55% off, but with another item it gets me over 18.00   I've had Sheet Ghost wishlisted for awhile and it's in Fast Grab. I love the way they put the transparent ghost over the skeleton, very clever. So with both of those the island went down to 9.73. (With a new release in the cart, I've got both the B.E.T.T.Y items in the cart, both PC+.  New items get you a slight discount, hence the 15.73.) 

So  the island dropped to 15.73  (55%) from 17.48, then used the PC+ code and it went to 9.73 and 72% off. Good deal! (Fast Grab items and new items are not discounted with the code, so the entire 6.00 off went to the island.)

Shopping Cart

Post edited by Novica on

I'm not buying that Sheet Ghost, because that pointed top is too KKK-like.

edited October 2021

barbult said:

It's got rounded options. :)  Most the promos are rounded.

Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

barbult said:

It's got rounded options. :)  Most the promos are rounded.

I know, but I still cringe when I sse that pointed one, so I just don't want it.

@barbult  It was a rather poor choice for the main promo. Definitely, even though pointed ghosts came long before KKK it still has that negative vibe attached to them. 

• Sad that that's what some people immediately see.

I've had the misfortune of having to deal with members of that organization but my first thoughts were of cartoons