New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Novica said:

Have any of you tried the Materia Meshmaker Plugin ?   I don't know where to find it. When I go look in the file (Under Content) it has a Support folder. I did restart the studio, but where do I find it to work with it?  I did go to About Installed Plugins and it's not in the list, even after restarting the studio.

Is it possible that it needs an update for newer versions of DAZ? Look at the included files listed in DIM. Where are they? If you can't figure it out from those on the link you cited above Alessandro give a support email address; he's very good a responding with help.

• File locations according to the readme

Materia MeshMaker for DAZ Studio 4.5+ (Win 64-bit)

• DAZ Studio 4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build :

• /docs/Plugins/Materia MeshMaker/Materia MeshMaker.dsx

• DAZ Studio 4.5;4.x Public Build;4.x Private Build (64-bit) :

• /plugins/MateriaAM/icon.png

• /plugins/MateriaAM/resources/SnowMat001.duf

• /plugins/MateriaMeshMakerPlugin.dll

Materia MeshMaker Plug-in for Daz Studio

• Content :

• /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_79983_Materia_MeshMaker_Plug-in_for_Daz_Studio.dsa

• /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_79983_Materia_MeshMaker_Plug-in_for_Daz_Studio.dsx

• /Runtime/Support/DAZ_3D_79983_Materia_MeshMaker_Plug-in_for_Daz_Studio.jpg

• /Shader Presets/AM/MateriaAM/Shaders/Real Snow Shader.duf

• /Shader Presets/AM/MateriaAM/Shaders/Real Snow Shader.png

Are they there? 

• galiengalien Posts: 136

Novica said:

Have any of you tried the Materia Meshmaker Plugin ?   I don't know where to find it. When I go look in the file (Under Content) it has a Support folder. I did restart the studio, but where do I find it to work with it?  I did go to About Installed Plugins and it's not in the list, even after restarting the studio.

There are two packages in DIM that need to be installed for this.  Maybe you have only installed one of them.

MateriaDim.png
    762 x 398 - 29K
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited November 2021

@galien   Thanks, I'll go check.

Today, Folds n Fractures sure looks interesting. I like the folds. Wishlisted for now, but love the concept.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited November 2021

I have both installed, but the plugin isn't showing up in plugins (after totally exiting studio and coming back in) and it's just not there. It's not showing up in Content Library (there's no plug-ins) which is where the read me says it should be, unless I'm reading that wrong. I haven't used a plug-in in ages so not sure what should be happening. When I go under Products in Content Library the snow shader is there, but where the heck is the actual plug in used/found?  SOLVED- I had to uninstall in DIM and reinstall both then it showed up.  (In the Windows/Panes)

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “plugins:MateriaAM:resources”

•  

Post edited by Novica on

Someone was nice enough to point me to the thread.  I am really getting tired of varying search results using the search, I only got the nebula product when I searched for the Materia one, as it mentioned the Materia one in it. The main thread never showed in the search for me. Anyway, there it is if any of you want to pursue it and hadn't found that thread.

• galiengalien Posts: 136

Novica said:

I have both installed, but the plugin isn't showing up in plugins (after totally exiting studio and coming back in) and it's just not there. It's not showing up in Content Library (there's no plug-ins) which is where the read me says it should be, unless I'm reading that wrong. I haven't used a plug-in in ages so not sure what should be happening. When I go under Products in Content Library the snow shader is there, but where the heck is the actual plug in used/found?  SOLVED- I had to uninstall in DIM and reinstall both then it showed up.  (In the Windows/Panes)

• You can find new icons for loading this product in the following DAZ Studio Folders:

• “plugins:MateriaAM:resources”

•  

That is odd - I'm glad you got it sorted though.

• HU: Check your messages. I found an orange banner type message to provide an extra discount for "top supporters" that was hidden by other orange banners.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Does anybody get forum notification emails anymore? They completely stopped a few days ago for me.

• barbult said:

Does anybody get forum notification emails anymore? They completely stopped a few days ago for me.

This seems to be a general issue, at least since the weekend, it affects PM notifications too. We have reported it to Daz.

• +1

barbult said:

Yep, I just popped into this thread and had five messages I didn't get told about. Sorry, not ignoring you :) 

Don't forget tlhe lunar eclipse tonight/tomorrow! Longest one in 550 years! 

• NathNath Posts: 2,713
    edited November 2021

Not doing much in Studio at the moment - I'm spending a lot of time in Blender on my Rivendell project, which is very slow going.

This is one particular asset I just finished, rendered in Studio (reference screenshot included *g*). Still need to UV map it, as can be seen in some of the wood panelling angel

Added: second test render in Studio, https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-enchanted-splendor-for-genesis-8-and-81-females, https://www.daz3d.com/beulah-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females and https://www.daz3d.com/bokeh-studio-hdr for the background (character is Evenstar (Rendo))

a39e595db21389989aa16947065f3b06.png
    665 x 528 - 408K
    chair elrond in studio.png
    717 x 881 - 446K
    test in studio.png
    717 x 906 - 766K
    Post edited by Nath on

@nath  That first one has a beautiful Old Masters painting look. Love the warm colors. 

• Nath said:

Not doing much in Studio at the moment - I'm spending a lot of time in Blender on my Rivendell project, which is very slow going.

This is one particular asset I just finished, rendered in Studio (reference screenshot included *g*). Still need to UV map it, as can be seen in some of the wood panelling angel

Added: second test render in Studio, https://www.daz3d.com/dforce-enchanted-splendor-for-genesis-8-and-81-females, https://www.daz3d.com/beulah-hair-for-genesis-8-and-81-females and https://www.daz3d.com/bokeh-studio-hdr for the background (character is Evenstar (Rendo))

That looks real good 

Novica said:

@nath  That first one has a beautiful Old Masters painting look. Love the warm colors. 

That's the reference screenshot LOL... 

Robert Freise said:

Nath said:

That looks real good 

Thanks!

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

barbult said:

I am not getting forum notification or DS Sale notifications anymore.  Keeps it really easy to not shop when I am so busy that I have no reminder to see what is new.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

gitika1 said:

barbult said:

I am not getting forum notification or DS Sale notifications anymore.  Keeps it really easy to not shop when I am so busy that I have no reminder to see what is new.

I know. I haven't spent anything here since the problem started. Richard Haseltine said the missing forum email is a known problem.  That was several days ago.

Well this has been a day. The forums were down, a lot is now missing from DIM (2/5 things I checked.)  See if you have all four of Sloshwerks French Quarters products? I only have two in DIM.

Now that stupid new program advertised today popped up as an EXE in DIM, and I said yes, and my entire studio has gone WHITE. How do I change the background color to black? I am getting SO pissed today! 

• Doesn't daz being white mean that the program updated while it was still open? In which case you have to uninstall and reinstall. But considering the issues some are having with 4.16, I would hope you have a backup of 4.15 so you can reinstall that version.

I was using 4.15 and didn't even opt for the stupid 4.16 in the DIM when I did "Product Updates."  It was that dumb Metamixer thing. I didn't see a 4.16 option and apparently it just blitzed onto my computer and now 4.15 is white. How do I fix it?

• By uninstalling and reinstalling. But unless you have a back up of 4.15 you'll be stuck with 4.16.

I got 4.16 to work (it was a dark black, period. I closed down the computer and restarted, took twice but it's up now. I had spent six hours putting together a scene and that's the last thing I needed tonight. But DIM is still missing products. 

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Well this has been a day. The forums were down, a lot is now missing from DIM (2/5 things I checked.)  See if you have all four of Sloshwerks French Quarters products? I only have two in DIM.

Had you installed all four of them? I have all four French Quarter products showing as installed in DIM.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited November 2021

Novica said:

Now that stupid new program advertised today popped up as an EXE in DIM, and I said yes, and my entire studio has gone WHITE. How do I change the background color to black? I am getting SO pissed today! 

I have all for French Quarter products installed via DIM & they are all there: Grocer's, Lindy's, Chrizzler's, and Seraphim's.

The "white DS GUI" is as said, because you upgraded while DAZ Studio was still running. Only one solution. Start DIM, deinstall DAZ Studio, install DAZ Studio. Done.

I am using DAZ Studio 4.16.1.2 public beta & it's very nice. I'm having trouble with some sort of weird bug with the candle holder included in the Victorian men's nightclothing of all things but other wise it works fine. I think the problem is the product, not DAZ Studio, but I'll see I guess.

The MetaMixer I've quickly read the directions and it looks absolutely super! I remember @Faux2D talking about it in the forums & giving a small demo and so I know it's competant and high quality. 

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • HU: It sounds like we are no longer gettting emails or notifications for PMs (or threads): https://www.daz3d.com/forums/discussion/comment/7158996/#Comment_7158996

So I guess we should be sure to check our inboxes periodically

• gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

I'm avoiding the download of 4.16.  I am still on 4.12 with a 1080ti and DS is working well.  I'll wait to see what you think of it.

Nope, I only have two of them total (in waiting to download and in installed.)  I remember from last year when some folks had things in DIM and others didn't and it wasn't making any sense. It was the same time where some folks had nothing in DIM and others did, etc. Remember that mess?