New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• Novica said:

@barbult  Gabriela looks beautiful :) 
    I got a 25% banner for holiday loyalty. I guess that's from spending at the beginning of the year, as I put the brakes on it for quite awhile. Anyone get higher than 25% as I am assuming there's probably a max of 30% ?

25% for me and I bought way to much 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

25% for me. How do you see how much you spent in a specific time period?

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

25% for me too. I've spent less this year than each of the last few years (excessively large content library now!) but still a lot.

(Mine's easy to work out, because I load money onto a pre-pay card and buy GCs with it, so only 6 transactions to count this year to work out my spend.)

• NorthOf45NorthOf45 Posts: 5,251

barbult said:

25% for me. How do you see how much you spent in a specific time period?

If you pay with store credit, you can copy the balance history into a spreadsheet and plot it out, or add up your credit card charges...

Did it once, never want to see that again. surpriseblush

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

25% is what I got and I know I don't spend near as much as the avid collectors but I do spend substantially more than the casual collectors though.

• escrandall said:

Novica said:

@barbult  Gabriela looks beautiful :) 
    I got a 25% banner for holiday loyalty. I guess that's from spending at the beginning of the year, as I put the brakes on it for quite awhile. Anyone get higher than 25% as I am assuming there's probably a max of 30% ?

I wonder what the lowend is?  Since DS wasn't playing with my Mac for most of the year I've only spent about $50 and all in the last two months.  That gives a 20% banner.

I spent quite a little and am getting a 25% discount.

I'm not sure there is a low end. I logged out and still got a 5% discount. 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

I love kitbashing and I love to use older products, with a fresh coat of new shaders.

I like this product: https://www.daz3d.com/steamy-compagnie

It has it's disadvantages, because it does not fully work well on Genesis 8, the bracelet and the ring are apparently meant for a T-pose, not an A-pose. They do not autofit onto Genesis 8.

Nevertheless, the hat and the headset are amazing. I wish the product got a facelift for Genesis 8/8.1, though.

You can see the headset in use on a Genesis 8 here:

Next, I would like to give a shoutout to this: https://www.daz3d.com/el-comandante-officer-outfit-for-genesis-3-female-s

The smallstaff is quite usable on Genesis 8, and as long as you understand it is composed of two parts - a sheath and a dagger, its surfaces can be changed nicely with new shaders.

Here is a scene with the El Comandante outfit and smallstaff (the belt is from a different outfit, as are the gauntlets and the owl). The outfit does fit onto Genesis 8, however, it can be tricky to fit properly as it lacks the neccessary morphs. Moreover, the shoulder pads with rank insignia get distorted quite a bit when the shoulders and arms are posed:

There you go little fellow

Here is another scene with bits from the products listed above, with new shaders applied. You can see all the products used in the gallery.

Automaton Konstable 311 responding!

Automaton Konstable JPG.jpg
    1920 x 3107 - 1M
    Nora_Portrait JPG.jpg
    1080 x 1080 - 310K
    Alexandra owl no pauldron JPG.jpg
    1335 x 2160 - 497K
    edited November 2021

MelanieL said:

25% for me too. I've spent less this year than each of the last few years (excessively large content library now!) but still a lot.

(Mine's easy to work out, because I load money onto a pre-pay card and buy GCs with it, so only 6 transactions to count this year to work out my spend.)

I only buy content with store credit. My PC+/Daz+ membership did not need renewal during this period, so no cash outlay there. I started the year with $240.37 store credit. This year I bought 3 gift cards $300, $200, $100 (notice the downward trend there due to worsening gift card discount deals?). I have $153.75 store credit left today. Excel says that means I spent $686.62 and have 25% loyalty discount. So my average daily spend is about $1.88.

Edit: I guess if Daz only looks at how much cash I gave them, and ignores store credit spent, then the answer is $300+200+100 = $600.

Post edited by barbult on
  • NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

So 25% seems to be the upper end of the discount. Good to know, thanks for the input(s). 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,178

Someone in another thread (possibly the sales issue thread) mentioned a 30% discount.

@watchdog79  The Konstable looks good. I didn't see the products in the gallery, but I don't visit the gallery enough to know where they are at? All those renders, the clothes look naturally hanging/fitting. Nicely done! 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Novica said:

@watchdog79  The Konstable looks good. I didn't see the products in the gallery, but I don't visit the gallery enough to know where they are at? All those renders, the clothes look naturally hanging/fitting. Nicely done! 

Thank you.smiley

As for the listed products used, they are just below the comments (if the author added them, which I did here) under the image. 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,178
    edited December 2021

Since I own all the Victorias, I looked through the offerings for free characters, and the only G8 characters I didn't own already were both Thorne characters. I'm not terribly interested in those, so I picked Tween Julie 7. I was never terribly interested in getting her before, but now that I have her (XTransferred, because I only use G8 unless I absolutely can't help it), and threw Aulaire textures on her. I think she looks pretty good, apart from her freakishly large eyes, but I could dial those down a bit. Not sure why I own so many teen girl characters, since I very rarely render them.

tweenjulaire.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • I didn't get the offer for a free character (I own all of the Vickys) Did anyone make a screenshot of the offer by any chance? That would be helpful for me to show Daz.

Thank you very much.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,151

xmasrose (aka tulipe) said:

I didn't get the offer for a free character (I own all of the Vickys) Did anyone make a screenshot of the offer by any chance? That would be helpful for me to show Daz.

Thank you very much.

This is what it looked like: 

Capture-2012-11-29.jpg
    739 x 638 - 46K
  • TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 734
    edited December 2021

Has anyone tried the "LimbStick for Genesis 3 And Above" asset? looks like it could be useful for some animation tasks.

https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-and-above

Post edited by Tugpsx on
  • Thank you very much MelanieL

• Has anybody seen the new Discord/NFT banner at the top of their galleries?  angry I'm thinking about removing my gallery because of it.

Charlie Judge said:

Has anybody seen the new Discord/NFT banner at the top of their galleries?  angry I'm thinking about removing my gallery because of it.

Groan.... Yes, there it is no I almost never open the gallery, because the current version functions so poorly. Now there is a new reason to ignore it. sad

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Hmmm, just putting an NFT banner up seems to have slowed the gallery down so much?! Also, it's so huge, it completely disrupts viewing the gallery.

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

Has anybody seen the new Discord/NFT banner at the top of their galleries?  angry I'm thinking about removing my gallery because of it.

Groan.... Yes, there it is no I almost never open the gallery, because the current version functions so poorly. Now there is a new reason to ignore it. sad

And another reason not to join the discord- and come on Daz, have some CLASS- is if you look at the main promo with the screenshots (where it says step 1, 2, 3)   note one of the steps talks about sharing and "Keep your shit safe."     That tells me right away to avoid it. I'm no saint (FAR from it) but putting it in print when you are trying to attract people just tells me there's lack of common sense because you WILL put some people off. I'm one of them. Hard pass.

Tugpsx said:

Has anyone tried the "LimbStick for Genesis 3 And Above" asset? looks like it could be useful for some animation tasks.

https://www.daz3d.com/limbstick-for-genesis-3-and-above

No I haven't but it looks interesting.

@gordig   those textures do look good on her. LOL- yep, the eyes are not only deer in the headlights, it's a Mack truck coming her way. devil

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Novica said:

barbult said:

Charlie Judge said:

And another reason not to join the discord- and come on Daz, have some CLASS- is if you look at the main promo with the screenshots (where it says step 1, 2, 3)   note one of the steps talks about sharing and "Keep your shit safe."     That tells me right away to avoid it. I'm no saint (FAR from it) but putting it in print when you are trying to attract people just tells me there's lack of common sense because you WILL put some people off. I'm one of them. Hard pass.

And thats not the only place they use that kind of language, check out the discord rules....  Little concerning concidering how strict they are on being family friendly.  As far as the NFT stuff I say to each thier own but I don't want it shoved in my face and I feel like this is what has happened with the gallery banner. (Among other things)

edited December 2021

I'm looking at picking up Ciel. Look at this gallery image!   I like her teeth, they are unique. Hate Chiclet teeth.She's in a featured store, with a new release she goes from 40% and 11.37 down to 7.10 and 63% off. 

Another one to look at is the Corn Row Hair as it's in the stores as well, goes from 10.48 (already 58% off) way down to 6.56 and 74% off. 

Tartarean Pirate Ship  also goes  from 58% and 9.64 74% down to 6.02

Post edited by Novica on

Does your holiday discount work on the featured stores? I'm trying to figure out what's at play on the discounts. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Novica said:

Does your holiday discount work on the featured stores? I'm trying to figure out what's at play on the discounts. 

Is for me.  40% off plus the 25% off if its just the product.  50% and 25% if I add a new release.

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Novica said:

Seems to. I put Messy Dorm by Charlie into the cart, and it went from $11.37 on the page down to $7.10 in the cart.

• zombietaggerungzombietaggerung Posts: 3,650
    edited December 2021

Novica said:

I'm looking at picking up Ciel. Look at this gallery image!   I like her teeth, they are unique. Hate Chiclet teeth.She's in a featured store, with a new release she goes from 40% and 11.37 down to 7.10 and 63% off. 

Another one to look at is the Corn Row Hair as it's in the stores as well, goes from 10.48 (already 58% off) way down to 6.56 and 74% off. 

I wouldn't bother with that ship, personally. I bought it a bit ago, but upon loading it up, aside from the few individualy props shown, it's all one big prop. It's only possible to hide the sails by turning the cutout opacity to 0. The cabin doors don't open and there's no interior at all. Not even the most basic empty space that could be kitted out with other props. Mildly annoying to me so i returned it. But that's just my opinion.

Post edited by zombietaggerung on

zombietaggerung said:

Novica said:

I wouldn't bother with that ship, personally. I bought it a bit ago, but upon loading it up, aside from the few individualy props shown, it's all one big prop. It's only possible to hide the sails by turning the cutout opacity to 0. The cabin doors don't open and there's no interior at all. Not even the most basic empty space that could be kitted out with other props. Mildly annoying to me so i returned it. But that's just my opinion.

Good to know! Out of the cart it goes!  Appreciate it. I have other pirate ships and below decks.