New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Novica said:

@carrie58  The Sixus Baby with those morphs looks quite nice. Those curled toes really remind me of my youngest son, who was a perpetual toe curler LOL. 

If you have enough morphs you can do all sorts of thingslaugh

• TaozTaoz Posts: 9,743

carrie58 said:

Taoz said:

carrie58 said:

Taoz said:

A rather old baby:

https://www.daz3d.com/ella-for-the-kids-4

She's more of a young child not a "baby" .......

Apparently DAZ thinks otherwise (look at the product name smiley )...

Lily for MilBaby is very cute and babyish ,but Ella is closer to 5 or 6 ,so not Baby dispite what DAZ claims ...... sorry gave birth to 3 can still tell the difference .

Well it's obviously an error but a rather strange one, I'd say.  

• carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,952

Taoz said:

carrie58 said:

Taoz said:

carrie58 said:

Taoz said:

A rather old baby:

https://www.daz3d.com/ella-for-the-kids-4

She's more of a young child not a "baby" .......

Apparently DAZ thinks otherwise (look at the product name smiley )...

Lily for MilBaby is very cute and babyish ,but Ella is closer to 5 or 6 ,so not Baby dispite what DAZ claims ...... sorry gave birth to 3 can still tell the difference .

Well it's obviously an error but a rather strange one, I'd say.  

yup yup I agree so who is classifying  the stuff and why are they afraid of the word "child" .......curious want to know .....

• xmasrose (aka tulipe)xmasrose (aka tulipe) Posts: 1,403
    edited September 2021

Talking about babies : Any of you got Pip? I was lucky enough to beta test her.

So here are a couple of renders I made with her for fun :

21_PIP and Nina.jpg
    1000 x 1000 - 635K
    21_Pip the chick-fun.jpg
    615 x 800 - 269K
    Post edited by xmasrose (aka tulipe) on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224
    edited September 2021

This gave me a laugh! I stumbled upon this from a link on a Tafi page. Tafi/Daz can't spell their own name. laugh We know proofreading is not one of their strengths.

Indeed.com DAX3D.png
    1203 x 653 - 120K
    Post edited by barbult on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

OMG, I have to listen to a Carole King song just to have the right words to say  "I feel so uninspired." otherwise I'd draw a blank. laugh

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Frankly, I've never seen anything so weird looking as those cutout jeans offered today.  

xmasrose (aka tulipe) said:

Love those renders! Such a cute lil chick. 

barbult said:

This gave me a laugh! I stumbled upon this from a link on a Tafi page. Tafi/Daz can't spell their own name. laugh We know proofreading is not one of their strengths.

SERIOUSLY.  But is anyone here SURPRISED?  Not. 

• Novica said:

Frankly, I've never seen anything so weird looking as those cutout jeans offered today.  

I have but we'll not discuss where devil

edited September 2021

So I decided to use my 6.00 PC+ coupon and here's what I got. Two things from the stores at 60% then the coupon put them at 66%   I really like the B.E.T.T.Y line. Useful items. Bought Beulah because I forgot to check out with all my Ergou females the other day! Hate when that happens.

What are you folks buying? What's been your favorite thing the past month?

B.E.T.T.Y. Classic Mirrors

new  

$16.95

$3.49

79%

Beulah and Expressions for Genesis 8.1 Female

Beulah and Expressions for Genesis 8.1 Female

$19.95

$6.79

66%

RY Dario Character and Hair Bundle

RY Dario Character and Hair Bundle

$38.95

$13.26

66%

2021-10 Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1

2021-10 Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1

$22.95

$7.81

66%

Bella HD for Genesis 8.1 Female

Bella HD for Genesis 8.1 Female

$18.95

$6.45

66%

Post edited by Novica on

I'm not seeing a Road Star vehicle in the store, but there's an Iray add-on for it.   It's not listed as a required product, either. 

• FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046
    edited September 2021

Novica said:

I'm not seeing a Road Star vehicle in the store, but there's an Iray add-on for it.   It's not listed as a required product, either. 

There was a link to it at the bottom of that page.

https://www.daz3d.com/the-roadstar

Post edited by Fishtales on
    edited September 2021

@fishtales   I'm not seeing a link on the page at all. I must be tired.  Are you talking about the textures page?

Regardless, the car is not listed in the required products on the textures page. It didn't come up in search because RoadStar is one word, whereas the Road Star Iray textures is two words. Losing sales because of that, in all likelihood.  The product page is confusing because it is listed as one word, and two separate words, on the same page.

Post edited by Novica on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,046

Novica said:

@fishtales   I'm not seeing a link on the page at all. I must be tired.  Are you talking about the textures page?

Regardless, the car is not listed in the required products on the textures page. It didn't come up in search because RoadStar is one word, whereas the Road Star Iray textures is two words. Losing sales because of that, in all likelihood.  The product page is confusing because it is listed as one word, and two separate words, on the same page.

It is right at the bottom of the textures page. It says  "You may also be interested in the following product" and the thumbnail and link.

That isn't there for me. The blue section with all the links is covering it up. So I am NOT going crazy. 

You may also be interested in the following product

Daz 3D

Daz Productions, Inc
    224 S 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Daz 3D is part of image

HELP  (ETC)  This is the blue section.

• Novica said:

That isn't there for me. The blue section with all the links is covering it up. So I am NOT going crazy. 

Daz 3D

Daz Productions, Inc
    224 S 200 W, Salt Lake City, UT 84101

Daz 3D is part of image

HELP  (ETC)  This is the blue section.

I have the same thing as you  Novica

• Novica said:

Daz 3D

Is it possible you already own it? so it it doesn't show up.

saveasroadstar.jpg
    1240 x 721 - 106K
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

I own it & it's still in the store.

• NathNath Posts: 2,729

Not buying much right now (cash flowing towards vet bills etc), but doing a reinstall of my content, and I was reminded of just how much I love this set:

https://www.daz3d.com/the-ministry

It's pretty ancient, but it still renders well in Iray.

• Novica said:

barbult said:

Did not know they want to enter the German stock market. The German DAX is  a bit like the US Dow Jones Index laugh

• xmasrose (aka tulipe) said:

SIGH.

I would love to test such a great product. Was an instant buy for me.  A wet option would have been nice, though. It takes about an hour for the new little birdy to get dry, once it has struggled its way into life.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,224

Mark_e593e0a5 said:

Novica said:

barbult said:

Did not know they want to enter the German stock market. The German DAX is  a bit like the US Dow Jones Index laugh

Not that far a stretch from NFTs, I guess.  laugh

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

FirstBastion said:

Novica said:

Daz 3D

Is it possible you already own it? so it it doesn't show up.

It shows for me and I do not own the product.

Well here is a new one, and VERY frustrating one I might add. I created a scene and it did fine with the viewport Iray but when I went back to texture view (in other words, NO Iray viewing wasn't running) I got the bold one over and over. I tried loading another scene, fine, rendering it fine, that didn't clear out the error. Installed the studio again, tried a different scene, fine. Then tried my scene again and got the same error in bold plus these other things. How do I get my scene fixed? It just flickers when I select the duf then poof, the white box (whatever it was) that popped up briefly is gone and nothing happens.  So uninstalling and installing doesn't work, rendering something else doesn't work either. 

2021-09-27 01:03:07.517 WARNING: QColor::setRgb: RGB parameters out of range
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Scanning for addons...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Creating node geometry...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Resolving legacy figures...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Processing scene data...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Sorting property groups...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Setting up follow targets...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.519 Finalizing scene data...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.520 Finished asset load (open): 0m 0.20s - /D:/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Picture Book/!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!NewVersion/1FirstRoomScene/cozy porch.duf
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.553 Unlocking viewport redraw...
    2021-09-27 01:03:07.553 Viewport redraw unlocked.

I had to recreate the scene. Now the problem is the render never starts, it goes to 240 iterations or so at an hour (it stops long before that, but I let it go an hour and it just didn't progress) and never even registered a percentage. What is going on?

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

I have no idea what would cause this behavior but if the scene has multiple products, try deleting one item at a time and see if it helps?

@rgcincy   It's not an overly overloaded scene for my computer :(  I've rendered a lot more complicated. I may try doing it in a composite later today (I've been up all night trying to solve this, so going to go get some sleep. It's only 9:30am LOL. Thanks for the suggestion though. There are several threads on the first problem (that weird code) but nothing that helped. 

Novica said:

@rgcincy   It's not an overly overloaded scene for my computer :(  I've rendered a lot more complicated. I may try doing it in a composite later today (I've been up all night trying to solve this, so going to go get some sleep. It's only 9:30am LOL. Thanks for the suggestion though. There are several threads on the first problem (that weird code) but nothing that helped. 

I updated my GeForce Nividia driver and currently a render is now showing a percentage and rendering through. I still don't know about that other bolded error but since I recreated the scene I'm not going to try and render it as it might reset something to the wrong setting.  

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,818

Hope that works for you. I later searched for that error online and did see some suggesting it was a driver issue. Not sure though why one scene would have trouble with your old driver unless there was a texture in it creating an error.