New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,778

Well I purchased my cart, but two of the items in it, although my money was taken, didn't make it to my Product Library. And instead of the $8.66 charge to my credit card, the email showed, $2.16. And that was for the oldest item for a Genesis texture set. Two newer texture sets for props which were available got pulled while I was busy. 

Well, you snooze you loose.

But my car's license and the dog's license are both renewed. I survived the day.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Happy Birthday to your mom, Novica

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited December 2021

@memcneil70   Aww, sorry they got pulled. Moyra had been in the store for the last three days (so I was told) so I didn't think it was a glitch, plus they are DO's. 

Thanks all, regarding the birthday wishes. We had a great time! Excellent food, sang carols, and won one of eight doorprizes. It was funny, the prizes were the table centerpieces. Now we're talking about 30 tables of people, so winning a prize was pretty spread out. Well, table X won, then won again a few seconds later when their number was called. The Activities Director (who I know very well) grinned and came over to our table and said, "Easy come easy go!" aand took our chocolate centerpiece.  So the next second they called my number and I said, "Jennifer, you get back here!" and everyone laughed. She said, "Don't worry, don't worry. I've got this!" and all the seniors started hiding their centerpieces! (Jokingly.)  It was a really good crowd. 
    And, as usual, they really had the place decorated.

Mom is next to a four foot tall nutcracker. She's still so much fun at age 94!

And now I am going to get into a chocolate food coma. Not complaining. The last image is the chocolate gift basket centerpiece we won.

IMG_1374.jpg
    600 x 800 - 354K
    IMG_1379.jpg
    600 x 800 - 452K
    IMG_1380.jpg
    600 x 800 - 463K
    IMG_1398.jpg
    600 x 800 - 408K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,222

She looks mighty fine for 94 years old! I wish her many more happy birthdays with you by her side, The photos are great.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,815

Second what Barbult said! Enjoy the chocolate and wishing you both happy holidays!!

In the third photo, does anyone know what kind of cheese those white balls are? (And they are cheese.)

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,263

I'd guess mozzarella.

• Novica said:

In the third photo, does anyone know what kind of cheese those white balls are? (And they are cheese.)

Mozzarella maybe? That's the only cheese I know of that is served like that. 

Novica said:

My first guess would be mozarella, but jack cheese is also possible, also goulda, and many others but going by what most people like.

And it's great to see your mom is enjoying herself.

• RainRain Posts: 335

Happy Birthday to your Mom.  I'm going with Mozarella too.

edited December 2021

After I got home at around 8-8:30pm, I put the little dogs and Geico (my 15-16 year old collie mix) outside to go to the bathroom. The two small dogs came in, Geico did not. He had an ear infection and was off balance, I had been doctoring it for a week and a half and he had about 70-75% of his balance back. Rough estimate. I no longer had to carry him outside (45 pounds) and then I could lead him outside the end of last week.  Then he would walk off, a bit off balance at times but much, much better. Very confident too. This week he trotted (not walked) to the door by himself. 

When I put him out last night around 8:30pm he trotted out the door, went a bit sideways but just kept trotting along. All the dogs were frisky after being put up for over 4 hours. The two small dogs and Geico get the utility room which is quite large. 

After ten to fifteen minutes, I went to let them in. Geico didn't come in with the two small dogs (Pekingese and Benji dog) and I looked in the trees around the pool which have dense underbrush. The dogs have cool holes they dig for during the summer, and just because they love to dig holes.  Geico was going into those after I carried him outside and enjoying laying in them. So when he didn't come in, I figured he was in the brush. I couldn't find him. I looked five times and even took the Pekingese out to find him (which he always did) and even Ci Pwff the Samoyed who always found hm. They didn't go off the back porch. 

Geico drowned in the pool. I left the floodlights on all night and the pool was illuminated, so I'll never know what happened. I went out first thing this morning, walking around, and glanced toward the pool. Which I had looked in last night and didn't see him. So I may have missed him, or it happened in the middle of the night.  So this afternoon, my husband and I put up those above average  sized Christmas tree lights through the shrubs along the front of the house, in celebration of Geico. 

He got the name Geico because "I save a bunch of money by getting a shelter dog."  

So today I was angry, this was all preventable, I should have kept walking him and watching him until he was a hundred percent. I had thought about the pool several times, he gave it wide berth and when he did go around it he never got near the edge. So this IS all my fault, but what's done is done. If you have dogs and a pool, know they can drown at any time, even if they have been around them for fifteen years. The vet said this happens far more than people think, with dogs who were around the pool all the time. So now at night I am going out with them as much as I can.  Hug your dog tonight, I keep watching the clock (it's 7:20pm) and thinking how Geico was still alive until around 8:30pm ish last night.  :(   And I look at the ear ointment on the counter and know that tube won't be used on him ever again. But those Christmas lights are twinkling out front and sending a message of love. That's all I can do, and my husband and I are glad we did it. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • So sorry to hear that

My dog Emerald is having a hard time due to arthritis in her hips. Its reached the point where she can't walk more than three or four steps at a time without doing a pratfall 

I'm sorry for you and your family, Novica.

Thank you, both.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,815

Sorry to hear about Geico. Always hard to lose any pet, especially those you've had a long time.

Don't be too hard on yourself, something similar happened to my youngest daughter's in-laws earlier this year. They had two older Yorkie's, put them out back like normal, and the younger one came back when they called. When the other didn't, they went looking and spotted the 14 year old dog in the pool. This happened during daylight. As far as they knew, the dog had no health issues other than age but clearly something unusual happened that day by the pool. 

Sorry about Geico. That is so sad.

You may remember I adopted an neglected female Indian Ringneck in January 2019 and tamed her. Even so, she wanted a mate so I found a bird store owner who had a male Indian Ringneck and he adopted her in August 2021. From the looks of the introduction in two cage put next to each other (they are kept separate for a few months because female Indian Ringnecks often kill birds they aren't entralled with) they did look like they were going to be good mates. It's now mating season for Indian Ringnecks so after Christmas & New Years' I'm going to contact the bird store owner and ask if the two IRNs were successfully joined in the same cage finally.

The peculiarities you learn about different species of parrots! It's nothing like the "All parrots are so sweet and make great pets." you read about if you visit those parrot websites or watch youtube videos about them.  

• Parrots can be mean, vicious, and vidictive critters and for no discenable reason. A friend of mine had one that dearly loved him and totally hated and would attack everyone else

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Sorry for your loss.

What irritates me is how everything fell into place for it to happen. Had the weather tonight been last night, the dogs wouldn't have been left outside. (Raining.) 

• MollytabbyMollytabby Posts: 1,160

I'm heartbroken for you, Novica. So sorry for your loss.

• HylasHylas Posts: 4,801

Oh man... I'm very sorry to hear that.

• SimonJMSimonJM Posts: 5,947

Nothing to blame yourself for, Novica. Sorry to hear about your loss.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,778

Novica, I am so sorry to hear about the loss of Geico. Do not fall into the trap of 'What ifs', just know that Geico is not in pain and with you in spirit. 

• RainRain Posts: 335

So sorry to hear about Geico.

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,169

Very sorry to hear about Geico

• I am so sorry for your loss Novica. Geico was loved and had a great life thanks to you.

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,403

I'm so, so sorry for you! Like the others said, please don't blame yourself. Some things can't be prevented. I'm sure he had a beautiful life with you!

• So sorry for your loss:(  

I hope you are feeling better today!

• @ Novica: So sorry for your loss of Geico. I'm sure he had a good life that he might not have had without you.