New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Anyone get the Holiday Cheer Bundle? I think it's a great deal for the variety of products in it. The price is 63% off and $16.89  When I use the Daz+ code of 6.00 off, that Corn Row hair and Holiday Cheer Bundle both discounted as I used the Daz Original coupon. So Corn Row Hair is now EIGHTY percent off and 4.88 and the Holiday Cheer Bundle $12.57 and SEVENTY THREE percent off! yes

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

Hadn't noticed the NFT banner on the gallery yet, am too annoyed by the daily orange banner for NFT/Discord deals.

I don't mind the language on Discord so much - I'm already on Discord, it's aimed at a different audience. Not joining the DAZ Discord though, and glad I have three months to go to consider whether I want to remain in PC/Daz+

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,750

Don't get me started on the banner! I so agree. I finally deleted the banner on the first page, found a more important one below it, the deleted it.

But I went to the Gallery to see what you all were speaking about and saw this render that was incredible.

Mary

Oh, that is a lovely render!

memcneil70 said:

Don't get me started on the banner! I so agree. I finally deleted the banner on the first page, found a more important one below it, the deleted it.

But I went to the Gallery to see what you all were speaking about and saw this render that was incredible.

Mary

That really is lovely.  

edited December 2021

Did you notice the robot in the FG Cutting Edge Condo?  I saw it in the props thumbnail then noticed it at the table one too.  Second row, third image. That one is in the featured stores for today. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • FishtalesFishtales Posts: 6,043

Novica said:

Did you notice the robot in the FG Cutting Edge Condo?  I saw it in the props thumbnail then noticed it at the table one too.  Second row, third image. That one is in the featured stores for today. 

That looks like an electronic trash compactor to me :) 

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,172
    edited December 2021

Novica said:

@gordig   those textures do look good on her. LOL- yep, the eyes are not only deer in the headlights, it's a Mack truck coming her way. devil

With her eyes dialed down 80%, she looks a lot more like a real person. The shape of her eyes still looks a little off to me, though.

tweenjulaire2.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

@Gordig  That looks better. Did you try a different eye texture?  That one looks flat to me for some reason. 

• TugpsxTugpsx Posts: 733

Fishtales said:

Novica said:

That looks like an electronic trash compactor to me :) 

Lots of stories can be told with that one.Thats a cool looking robot and he is included. may be jointed with moving parts for complex posing. 

edited December 2021

Daventaki said:

@Gordig  That looks better. Did you try a different eye texture?  That one looks flat to me for some reason. 

That's the same eye texture as before, if I'm understanding your question correctly. I threw a BlueJaunte eye texture on her, and it still looks a little off, but for the scene I've started setting up, she won't be super close to the camera anyway.

Tweenjulairedifferenteyes.png
    1600 x 1200 - 2M
    Post edited by Gordig on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Gordig said:

Daventaki said:

That's the same eye texture as before, if I'm understanding your question correctly. I threw a BlueJaunte eye texture on her, and it still looks a little off, but for the scene I've started setting up, she won't be super close to the camera anyway.

Hope you don't mind but I'd say relax her eyes a little lower the upper lid unless she is suppose to look startled ...... just my opinion.

edited December 2021

Tried a quick render of the Stonecrop/Houseleek and they look the part and render fast.

2021-12-07 10:01:57.196 Total Rendering Time: 1 minutes 50.32 seconds

Click on image for full size.

stonecrop-plants-copyright-001.jpg
    1920 x 1080 - 1M
    Post edited by Fishtales on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I've always disliked how the 3D projection of textured UVs exaggerates the bruising under the eyes. It makes them look like they've been given recent black eyes. When one looks at the photo in the source materials used to make such 3D models, and I have, the strong bruising around the eyes is absent.

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

Anyone else wishing they'd fix the forum notification glitch? I keep finding I've missed posts or comments because of it. Maybe I can sell a NFT of this comment so it gets attention devil.

Well, I solved the eye problem, after a fashion. 

Post-Game Ritual

I was originally setting up a scene where they were cheerleading at some sort of sporting event - and, because I am what I am, at least one of the athlete, and possibly one or more of the cheerleaders would be centaurs - but after spending way too much time trying to edit the cheerleader outfit textures onto a suitable item of male clothing, only to realize that I also didn't have an appropriate environment, I thought "hell with it. They're still cheerleaders, but they're also a metal band."

@gordig   A much more fun approach anyway! The expression on the two guitar players are spot-on!

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,327
    edited December 2021

RGcincy said:

Anyone else wishing they'd fix the forum notification glitch? I keep finding I've missed posts or comments because of it. Maybe I can sell a NFT of this comment so it gets attention devil.

+1 And the same for sending emails and notifications of PMs. I suspect at least some of the PMs I send my not be getting read because of it.

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • Charlie Judge said:

RGcincy said:

+1 And the same for sending emails and notifications of PMs. I suspect at least some of the PMs I send my not be getting read because of it.

+2 

Leon 8 with the humanoid shape

2021-12-02 13:19:19.765 Total Rendering Time: 2 minutes 23.73 seconds

Charlie Judge said:

RGcincy said:

Dang it, I checked my PMs and sure enough, I have quite a few messages and I never got the memo. This is ridiculous.  

• Fishtales said:

Hey it's Worf 

Excellent work

Robert Freise said:

Fishtales said:

Hey it's Worf 

Excellent work

My thoughts too :)

Thank you. 

edited December 2021

I'm looking at picking up these two things for that 25.00 off deal: What are you folks looking at? I just LOVE that last thumbnail of Otis.  They should have led with that one for the main promo instead of the goofy one.

Yoan Mature Hair and Beard for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males

$24.95

$3.26
    87% Off

Otis HD for Genesis 8.1 Male

$18.95

$2.48
    87% Off

Post edited by Novica on
    edited December 2021
    Post edited by Gordig on

I picked up https://www.daz3d.com/khemsit-8-hd-add-on for only $2.97 :-)

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808

I picked up this old set made by Stonemason; https://www.daz3d.com/modular-ruins

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,158

Gordig said:

I got dForce CB Haze Delta and Fearless Action

Those links go to your product librtary instead of the store.

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,327
    edited December 2021

Novica said:

I'm looking at picking up these two things for that 25.00 off deal: What are you folks looking at? I just LOVE that last thumbnail of Otis.  They should have led with that one for the main promo instead of the goofy one.

I already owned all your pciks. So, I picked up these for free:

https://www.daz3d.com/young-minto-and-dforce-minto-outfit-for-genesis-8-females

and this just so I wouldn't waste the liitle bit left: https://www.daz3d.com/v4-button-shirt

Dang it, I checked my PMs and sure enough, I have quite a few messages and I never got the memo. This is ridiculous.  

Sinc we no longer get emails and notifications, I make it a habit to check my inbox once or twice every day. 

Post edited by Charlie Judge on
  • nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

I got Daiji HD for Genesis 8.1 Male | Daz 3D & Joachim HD for Genesis 8.1 Male | Daz 3D for $0.77 USD, so $1.62 including the tax. I thought they were unique and I want a close look at Kooki99 materials settings too. The 2nd (Joachim) favours Duke Nukem from the old video games of past.