New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• RGcincyRGcincy Posts: 2,808
    edited June 2022

This is a cube primitive with subD to round the corners. Thed edges of the cube makes the etxture gt squashed so would probably want to make that a separate material zone.

throw rug.jpg
    654 x 463 - 244K
    Post edited by RGcincy on
  • NathNath Posts: 2,720

I can try and whip up something in Blender later today (this afternoon/evening)

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Nath said:

I can try and whip up something in Blender later today (this afternoon/evening)

@nath   That would be awesome! The quad 12 object in that sharecg link is the perfect curvature for the corners, it needs UV mapping.You wouldn't have to reinvent the wheel so to speak.
     I looked at a quick UV mapping tutorial and decided to just try photoshop. I placed a plane over the object (bathmat) with my pattern on it, lined them up, hid the bathmat and rendered the pattern plane. Then hid THAT and rendered the white bathmat. In Photoshop, the bathmat was the top layer and I simply erased it out. Pain in the hiney. 

I'm currently rendering slippers to put on the patterned bathmat. Will show ya'll when I get done. Happy birthday to me today, turning 66 and just putzing around with Daz and just chillin' with a severe thunderstorm coming quickly. If you don't hear from me, internet may get knocked out.  I bought Mom a huge bouquet of flowers and in a couple hours am heading over to see her. She's 94 and I'm going to tell her the best birthday present is being with her. And it really is. She's so funny! I'll tell you a story in a little while that will have you all chuckling, involving my hubby and something my son did. Gotta get off the computer it's lightning REALLY close.

RGcincy said:

This is a cube primitive with subD to round the corners. Thed edges of the cube makes the etxture gt squashed so would probably want to make that a separate material zone.

Is there anything you can't do, dude?
    BTW, I did get a towel to drape pretty well, so all's good there. 

Happy Birthday Novica! hope you have an awesome day. Say hi to your mom.

Oh good for the towel draping.

• RainRain Posts: 335

Happy Birthday, Novica!

• MelanieLMelanieL Posts: 7,162

Hey, many happy returns! Best wishes to your Mom too.

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

Happy birthday

I didn't think to see if those objects were UV mapped been a long time since I used or looked at spacebones models He/she has a lot of stuff there with some of it for Poser

Here's a quick bath mat, UV-mapped and all. Enjoy!

zip
    zip
    mat.zip
    edited June 2022

Robert Freise said:

Happy birthday

I didn't think to see if those objects were UV mapped been a long time since I used or looked at spacebones models He/she has a lot of stuff there with some of it for Poser

You were a HUGE help Robert! There are several curved cubes and one, when flattened, had the perfect curve. Here's what I have so far. Am rendering slippers to put on there.  I made sure there were uneven rays of light across it. Masked the bathmat and adjusted the color of it, then reverse masked and put a bit more shadow around the front edge, then changed the color of the tile (it was too red)

Sample bathmat corel 4.png
    600 x 600 - 508K
    Post edited by Novica on

Nath said:

Here's a quick bath mat, UV-mapped and all. Enjoy!

Whoa, you're fast!!!  Am rendering it now. 

Looks good. My grandma had one with a similar pattern. That belive or not she bought off of a peddler that visted the farms there in Oklahoma circa late fifties aerly sixties

@nath  You should put it in the Freebies thread- or make a product and sell it. From what I searched, there are NO rounded edged bath rugs. 

Novica said:

@nath  You should put it in the Freebies thread- or make a product and sell it. From what I searched, there are NO rounded edged bath rugs. 

I'll put it in the freebies - let people enjoy it!  

Novica said:

Or door mats or just plain rugs 

edited June 2022

Here's the quickie render with a fast color adjustment (didn't mask, so the floor got hue-d too)  The top white one is the previous object from Robert's source that I showed previously.
    Thanks again @Nath!

Sample bathmat Nath.png
    913 x 839 - 1M
    Post edited by Novica on

Happy belated birthday to @RGcincy who had a birthday last week! And thank you @spuffy and @melanieL   that means alot. I acutally haven't headed out yet to see Mom as still storming. I have my laptop unplugged due to lightning strikes so close.

Looks great!

(I'm having way too much fun in Blender :-) )

@nath  Sending you a PM  Will be a minute :) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Happy Birthday Novica

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929
    edited July 2022

dup

Post edited by nonesuch00 on
  • Happy Birthday Novica!

Happy Birthday Novica!

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

Happy Birthday Novica and everyone else! 

• LeanaLeana Posts: 11,052

Happy birthday Novica (and anyone who has their birthday today)

• Charlie JudgeCharlie Judge Posts: 12,348

Happy Birthday Novica. I hope you and your mom have many more happy years together.

Thanks all! Hope everyone have been enjoying the flash sales, happy to see the one yesterday ran for quite awhile. I like to see it balanced so folks across the pond can also enjoy flash sales. 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited July 2022

Belated happy birthday, Novica!

I bought this tube top over at Renderosity today, because I liked the crochet-like cutouts. I wanted to use the top under suit jackets. To do so, I used Mesh Grabber to push poke through parts at the lower abdomen in behind the jacket. It worked great.

G8F Mix Sveve SummerFestival Top and NY Pants Karla Hair.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    G8F Mix Sveve SummerFestival Top and NY Suit Karla Hair.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

barbult said:

Belated happy birthday, Novica!

I bought this tube top over at Renderosity today, because I liked the crochet-like cutouts. I wanted to use the top under suit jackets. To do so, I used Mesh Grabber to push poke through parts at the lower abdomen in behind the jacket. It worked great.

It sure did! Can I ask what pants those are? The crotch looks good.