New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited June 2022

Well this is a good cart!  FREEBIE4ME  was the code, can't remember what it did as I did this cart a couple hours ago.  But all this for about ten bucks. Works for me. And sticking to my "gotta be 70% or more" mantra. Fast Grab has some good stuff right now, I own most of it though. Remember- that 20.00 requirement is just what's in the cart to total 20.00 and NOT 20.00  after it's discounted with the code.  So IIRC I put the Crown thingie in the cart so the cart would be 25.00, and then it got discounted down with the code. I'm a Daz+ person so these prices may vary for you.

Surveillance Bot

new     $14.95

$0.00
    100% Off

MOTHER Majestic Season-Changing Crown for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

newrecent best $9.99

$25.95      $7.64
    71% Off

dForce Pitt Bull Hair for Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 Males

newrecent best $3.84

$22.95      $2.94
    87% Off

dForce 80s Valley Girl Outfit for Genesis 8 Females

$22.95      $0.00
    100% Off

Subtotal $86.80

Discounts$-76.22

Sales Tax$0.00

Total

$10.58

88%

Post edited by Novica on
  • Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,261

Novica said:

Well this is a good cart!  FREEBIE4ME  was the code, can't remember what it did as I did this cart a couple hours ago.  But all this for about ten bucks. Works for me. And sticking to my "gotta be 70% or more" mantra. Fast Grab has some good stuff right now, I own most of it though. Remember- that 25.00 requirement is just what's in the cart to total 25.00 and NOT 25.00  after it's discounted with the code.  So IIRC I put the Crown thingie in the cart so the cart would be 25.00, and then it got discounted down with the code. I'm a Daz+ person so these prices may vary for you.

Surveillance Bot

new     $14.95

$0.00
    100% Off

MOTHER Majestic Season-Changing Crown for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

newrecent best $9.99

$25.95      $7.64
    71% Off

dForce Pitt Bull Hair for Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 Males

newrecent best $3.84

$22.95      $2.94
    87% Off

dForce 80s Valley Girl Outfit for Genesis 8 Females

$22.95      $0.00
    100% Off

Subtotal $86.80

Discounts$-76.22

Sales Tax$0.00

Total

$10.58

88%

The code give you the dForce 80s Valley Girl Outfit for free with a $20 or more purchase

• NathNath Posts: 2,713

I agree, good start on the sale; I'm even back as a DAZ+ member for a year

I've got so much Valentine's stuff, I didn't bother looking at this one. But talk about a QA FAIL by Daz. Werable for wearable MULTIPLE TIMES?????  2nd row thumbnails, last one. And it's in fancy script by the vendors (yes, more than one, and both vendors couldn't spot this?) 
    And I find that ring box just tacky. If my husband had offered me that, we'd both be spouses to someone else! (his would be the red light district.) 

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Novica said:

I've got so much Valentine's stuff, I didn't bother looking at this one. But talk about a QA FAIL by Daz. Werable for wearable MULTIPLE TIMES?????  2nd row thumbnails, last one. And it's in fancy script by the vendors (yes, more than one, and both vendors couldn't spot this?) 
    And I find that ring box just tacky. If my husband had offered me that, we'd both be spouses to someone else! (his would be the red light district.) 

Why I would have guessed your husband proposed to you with a ring out of a box of Cracker Jack. LOL, remember those? I loved the little flip book animations they used to put in boxes of Cracker Jack. 

If it were a DAZ Original, I'd buy it, but only to use in a game. It looks school age art, but in fairness to the PAs I think that is one of their 1st products.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

I think when the product came out, I never looked at the thumbnails, but being an editor I can say that 'werable' is the type of word I would add to my list of words to double-check for, especially for one author, as his typing gets ahead of his brain and he is dyslexic. But he also gets a copy of that list and checks behind himself too. Your eyes sees what it expects to see, kind of an auto-correct in your brain. 

The boxes, well, it reminds me of the Valentine stuff we had when I was in Elementary school. Not to be taken seriously. Now if it was like any of my real rings, it would be velvet or soft leather, with satin or velvet inside. So some shaders could fix that issue. 

Secret Party Outfit seems like a great modest swimsuit to me. Use shaders and voila!

Novica said:

Secret Party Outfit seems like a great modest swimsuit to me. Use shaders and voila!

Wow! Quite nice but I don't even have a $1.99 to buy it or any of several other $1.99 goodies currently. laugh

There are flip book animation collectors, believe it or not, if you are interested in scene ideals for your DAZ characters.

e.g. FlipbookCollector - YouTube

In Fast Grab Bring The Storm has not only lightning, but also rain and clouds. 

edited June 2022

The skirt in Steampunk Skirt Outfit  has fun different layers options, from short, to long and tattered. See thumbnails, second row, first image. And it's in the 80% off section, for 4.99. That's a very decent price for all the pieces in this outfit which can be used in kitbashing. Edit- apparently that was a glitch as it is no longer at that price or it was from yesterday.

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2022

I find it really annoying when vendors have props in the scene which are embedded in another prop and there is not a separate setting for it in Surfaces. The vendor ensures you can't easily kitbash or change the materials, you'd have to mess with creating your own material zones.  Beware of Tesla3d who uses this practice in Mediterannean Terrace. For example, all the separate pillows on the couch are one group, AND embedded in the couch, they all disappear as a group and so does the couch. Same with that blanket on the couch. I stopped looking at the product after that. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • carrie58carrie58 Posts: 3,951

Novica said:

I find it really annoying when vendors have props in the scene which are embedded in another prop and there is not a separate setting for it in Surfaces. The vendor ensures you can't easily kitbash or change the materials, you'd have to mess with creating your own material zones.  Beware of Tesla3d who uses this practice in Mediterannean Terrace. For example, all the separate pillows on the couch are one group, AND embedded in the couch, they all disappear as a group and so does the couch. Same with that blanket on the couch. I stopped looking at the product after that. 

Personally I think it depends on the price  ,it's worth the extra effert to add material zones myself if I get the item at a discount ....... but that's me .

@carrie58    I can see that too. 

Wow, PW The Watch Tower has SO much stuff inside it! 

Novica said:

Wow, PW The Watch Tower has SO much stuff inside it! 

I got wise to PW Production products last year. They are so good.

edited June 2022

Flash Sale going on right now.  Reminder to use your Daz+ coupons before the end of the month, and these are DO's. I haven't used either of mine so I'll do two separate orders and get $12 off. Quite a steal!  There are some items from bundles but it was cheaper for me to just get the items I wanted and not the bundle.

So I got stuff 84% off or more when using my coupons in two orders. These are the combined carts. 

It's Diva Time Crown for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $1.92

$9.95  $1.57   84% Off

Lan for Genesis 8.1 Female

recent best $3.65

$18.95   $2.98   84% Off

SU Cute Sneakers for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $2.88

$14.95  $2.35  84% Off

AJC Pro Skate Sneakers and Socks for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $1.92

$9.95  $1.57   84% Off

Short Undercut Hair for Genesis 3, 8, and 8.1 Males and Females

recent best $4.8

$24.95  $3.91   84% Off

dForce Dash Outfit for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Males Bundle

recent best $5.38

$21.95  $4.43   80% Off

Copperwhirl Wings for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $2.41

$9.95  $2.14  78% Off

FG Talk Show Set and Dressing Room

recent best $4.8

$24.95   $3.91   84% Off

Sci-Fi Heavy Armor for Genesis 8.1 Females

recent best $3.84

$19.95  $3.13   84% Off

Hong Hair for Genesis 8.1 Female

recent best $4.8

$24.95  $3.93   84% Off

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Jacket for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $2.49

$12.95  $2.05  84% Off

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Dress for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $2.49

$12.95   $2.05   84% Off

KUJ Steampunk Explorer Bag for Genesis 8 and 8.1 Females

recent best $2.49

$12.95   $2.05   84% Off

Steampunk Robot

recent best $3.85

$21.95   $3.46  84% Off

ND Steamy Hats For Genesis 8 Female

recent best $3.46

$17.95   $2.83  84% Off

ND Steamy Hats for Genesis 8 Male

recent best $3.46

$17.95   $2.83   84% Off

Fade Hair for Genesis 8.1 Males

recent best $4.8

$24.95  $3.93  84% Off

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2022

Check out all the props for 1.99 in Messy Vignette Bedroom. Love the Lava Lamp! I have several of tho mega lava lamps, severa feet tall. LOVE them!  Fun fact- after they are shipped to you, it can take MONTHS for it to settle down and the liquid to clear up. Depends on the size of the lamp.

Post edited by Novica on

I remember lava lamps from the 70s. They were an older teen thing. Also there were blacklights and blacklight posters too. You bought that sort of thing at a small chain of stores in malls that was called Spencer's. By the time I was teenaged those were no longer "cool" as was said back then. laugh

nonesuch00 said:

I remember lava lamps from the 70s. They were an older teen thing. Also there were blacklights and blacklight posters too. You bought that sort of thing at a small chain of stores in malls that was called Spencer's. By the time I was teenaged those were no longer "cool" as was said back then. laugh

I bought an Emerald Green one for my mom from Gibsons Discount Stores back in the 60s

edited June 2022

They're very soothing, with quite the variety of designs going on inside the lamp. I had mine stored in the closet for years before bringing one out and plugging it in for fun. Now I'm hooked again LOL!

Want to point out Versatily for Dustmaster.  It has an Army camoflauge option, for anyone doing military type renders. Only 1.99

Post edited by Novica on

Are there any rugs or bathmats which have rounded edges instead of square? So looking for a rectangle with rounded corners. Or is it possible to make rounded corner material zones? I've only done square ones due to the mesh. I'm not a modeler either.

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,747

Hi @Novica,

I found two bathrooms with a 'non-squared off edge' bath mat. But I have a file that is a rug collection with round rugs, you could pull into an oval and use a shader on to look like a bathmat. But some of the mats I saw were oriental rugs, nice but really? Or wood slates, 'ouch'!

https://www.daz3d.com/attic-bathroom

https://www.daz3d.com/bali-bath_Tesla3dCorp

https://www.daz3d.com/ultimate-rug-collection

memcneil70 said:

Hi @Novica,

I found two bathrooms with a 'non-squared off edge' bath mat. But I have a file that is a rug collection with round rugs, you could pull into an oval and use a shader on to look like a bathmat. But some of the mats I saw were oriental rugs, nice but really? Or wood slates, 'ouch'!

Thanks Mary- I had looked at those. One of those has a weird outline, and ovals won't work. I may have to use a rectangle and then just paint out the corners in postwork.  

edited June 2022

You might look at this as they have rounded edges and can be scaled https://sharecg.com/v/12780/gallery/5/3D-Model/Rounded-Edges

Or maybe on of the cards in this could be made to work https://sharecg.com/v/63255/related/11/Poser/Tarot-Cards

Post edited by Robert Freise on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

Depending on the mesh density, simply applying subD to a rectangular bath mat could round off the corners. 

edited June 2022

Thanks! I'll consider all these. BTW, a very nice bathroom is Winter Vacation Bathroom so far as crumpled towels and a variety of props. That bath mat appears (from the promos) to have a bath rug with some details like indented stitching. (Click on the second row, third picture. The lighting will show the rug better.) 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited June 2022

Those rounded corner objects are perfect- thanks @robertfreise  All I have to do is flatten them.  And thanks again @gordig for the suggestion. I might still play with that.

This is just a quick render to give you a feel of it, only processed to about 20% of completion.

rounded corners.png
    800 x 800 - 854K
    Post edited by Novica on

Hmm, okay so next question as I don't work with objects very often. When I put my image in the Surface Base Color, and it has print on light green, only the light green shows up, and none of the print. I had applied the Uber Shader to the surface, was that a bad thing to do? Any ideas why this doesn't work?

• GordigGordig Posts: 9,163

Is the object UV mapped?

Well, I don't THINK so. I have it selected in Scene, then in Camera view when I go to UV Map, it's just a big white square.