New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859
    edited July 2022

Hmm, did they change the forums? When I just hit quote, it didn't include the images. I like that- I think. But in threads where things move along really fast, if the image isn't included you kinda forget what the reference is. Have you guys noticed that or was this a one time thing?

Post edited by Novica on
  • barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited July 2022

Novica said:

barbult said:

Belated happy birthday, Novica!

I bought this tube top over at Renderosity today, because I liked the crochet-like cutouts. I wanted to use the top under suit jackets. To do so, I used Mesh Grabber to push poke through parts at the lower abdomen in behind the jacket. It worked great.

It sure did! Can I ask what pants those are? The crotch looks good. 

Those pants are from New York Essence Fashion Outfit for Genesis 3 Female(s) by Luthbellina and Mada. I autofit the pants to my G8F character.

Post edited by barbult on
  • I've been playing around with the dForce Draperies Megapack, and I've really enjoyed it. 

Easy to use, and I really like the way the light filters through the drape materials.

(rough, cut-off-after-30-seconds-of-rendering pic to follow)

Room.PNG
    1499 x 1207 - 5M

Blando Calrissian said:

I've been playing around with the dForce Draperies Megapack, and I've really enjoyed it. 

Easy to use, and I really like the way the light filters through the drape materials.

Those will look nice when rendered- thanks for showing those. Somehow I missed this product. @barbult thanks for the info. LOVE that look with the jacket, and your lighting is really nice and natural looking. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Happy Belated Birthday!!

• Blando CalrissianBlando Calrissian Posts: 460
    edited July 2022

Novica said:

Blando Calrissian said:

I've been playing around with the dForce Draperies Megapack, and I've really enjoyed it. 

Those will look nice when rendered- thanks for showing those. Somehow I missed this product. @barbult thanks for the info. LOVE that look with the jacket, and your lighting is really nice and natural looking. 

Another, more finished render. I would recommend having Mesh Grabber or a similar product on hand to deal with the random poke-through of wall or windowsill. 

There are quite a few materials to choose from, two simulation settings, and a lot of dials to let you tweak-to-fit. It sure beats the primitives I was "hanging" as curtains before this!

Curtains created using dForce Draperies product

Curtains.PNG
    1656 x 1233 - 5M
    Post edited by Blando Calrissian on
    edited July 2022

@blandocalrissian  That looks beautiful!

In case anyone wants to do a cool vector art image in Photoshop, (I haven't tried vectors, researching it now) here's a fantastic step by step on creating a poster/ cartoon/ stark look.

What I'm trying to figure out is converting a png of a smaller size into a vector and increasing the image size without increasing the file size too much. Edit: How to create a vector in Photoshop   NOTE: I wasn't able to save it unless I went to SAVE AS COPY. Found that in the YouTube comments from others who had the same problem. 

Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2022

Oh for heaven's sake. There's just SO much in Photoshop, I just learned something new. To quickly mask an object, just hold down CTRL and click on the image over in its layer in Layer panel. No need for magic wand, etc. I'm probably the only one in this universe who didn't know that, but just in case... LOL

Post edited by Novica on
    edited July 2022

One of the most realistic looking bookcases for backgrounds is 81 percent off- the Perfect Pinups: Film Noir Sitting Room and those have a lot of prop options, aka single books, stacks.

Post edited by Novica on
  • DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Thanks Novica!  I gave the tutorial a go, I really like the results!  

Original:

Vector:

Louiecl2102020.jpg
    1236 x 2000 - 2M
    Louiecl2102020vector.jpg
    1199 x 1080 - 205K

Daventaki said:

Thanks Novica!  I gave the tutorial a go, I really like the results!  

Oooooh, cool! 
    I learned how to save a svg file in Photoshop (it's been discontinued) but it just turned out black so the workaround didn't work. Most of the literature I'm finding says to use Illustrator for vector art.Not sure I want to explore learning something else new at the moment. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

https://www.alphr.com/vector-existing-image/

Might be helpful

I refuse to use anything Adobe

I researched and found flattening the image (which puts in a white background and takes away the transparency) then using the magic erase tool to remove the background, dropped the image size by almost 4MB. I tested Merge and it didn't change the file size at all (despite what some websites said.) 

• watchdog79watchdog79 Posts: 1,026

Heads-up - there are two Genesis 3 Male pose packs in the Freebies. One even comes from Leo's Starter/Pro bundle. If Genesis 3 is your thing, be sure to grab them.

https://www.daz3d.com/basix-poses-for-genesis-3-male-s

https://www.daz3d.com/da-flex-poses-for-leo-7

Thanks @watchdog79   Freebies are always good!

As noted in another thread, this product has both the long and short sleeved shirt and is the same price as the one with just the short sleeves. 

Does anyone have Collection of Furniture? The pillows aren't listed as being one of the props, and I am wondering if this is another example of couch and pillows being one thing. The bundle is in Fast Grab btw, for 8.09 while each of the three in the bundle are 5.69, 5.09, and 2.98 in Fast Grab, so the bundle is a good deal. Just wondering if there are pillow props.

• NathNath Posts: 2,720

Novica said:

Does anyone have Collection of Furniture? The pillows aren't listed as being one of the props, and I am wondering if this is another example of couch and pillows being one thing. The bundle is in Fast Grab btw, for 8.09 while each of the three in the bundle are 5.69, 5.09, and 2.98 in Fast Grab, so the bundle is a good deal. Just wondering if there are pillow props.

All the items in the collections are single props, there is no separate prop for the pillows. However, they do have their own surfaces, so you can change colours. Still a good price for a whole bunch of stuff. 

Thanks @nath   The bundle has a lot of goodies in it for sure! Getting it now before it goes out of Fast Grab, don't know how long it's been in there.

So Patio Garden is currently 66% off if you want decent pillows which are NOT part of the couch, and it has nice props.

edited July 2022

DJ Thea HD (GF8.1)        Perfect Pinups Film Noir Sitting Room     Bobbie Hair (G8F / G8.1F) 

I really wanted Thea because I love her teeth, very natural looking overall. I chose a pose to show her hands, her nails are very nice. A good length and not overly long. Bobbie Hair surprised me by how much I like it. It's a sassy haircut. Edit- see also the post a few below this for another render.

DJ Thea.png
    635 x 858 - 1019K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

Hi Novica, that is a great render of DJ Thea. I think your lighting works very well, especially as her eyes sparkle. I have the hair but haven't had a chance to use it yet. 

Sad news from my home front. We put Bugsy to sleep yesterday. He has stage 2-3 kidney disease and hypertension and couldn't fight it off. He was 16 and spent his last week checking on all his 4 and 2 paw friends around the apartment complex, inspecting the rocks, grass, and flowers. And ignoring the squirrels.

Everyone, hug your furry friends today please.

Mary 

Oh Mary, I know your heart is heavy and the first day you wake up without your animal soulmate is one you wished would never come. Humans who have animals (I never say animal owners, I hate that term-our animals are not things) know when they bring their furry, scaled, or winged critters into their lives that it will be so very sad when they depart. One thought I had when I lost Geico in December was I was so glad I didn't go before he did (a car accident for example) because he wouldn't understand where I was, but I can understand why he wasn't there. Small comfort, I know, but it helped a teeny bit so wanted to share it. 

Seychelle, Ci Pwff, Duvee and Dibbs all just got a treat compliments of Bugsy. Cheers to you Bugsy, I'm sure you're enjoying Rainbow Bridge with all your friends and back to full health! heart

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,944

Sorry about Bugsy.

• WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742

Nath said:

Novica said:

All the items in the collections are single props, there is no separate prop for the pillows. However, they do have their own surfaces, so you can change colours. Still a good price for a whole bunch of stuff. 

I just checked in here after ages! Will have to catch up. But I wanted to let people know that if you already have a lot of SylvantArt's products, that furniture is in it!  I made the mistake of buying the plant bundle but I already had it all from other products.

Wonderland said:

I just checked in here after ages! Will have to catch up. But I wanted to let people know that if you already have a lot of SylvantArt's products, that furniture is in it!  I made the mistake of buying the plant bundle but I already had it all from other products.

Welcome back, always good to see you!  Thanks for the info :)  

edited July 2022

DJ Thea HD (GF8.1)        Perfect Pinups Film Noir Sitting Room     Bobbie Hair (G8F / G8.1F) 

Here's another one. BTW the lighting on both of these is one I had forgotten about- Beautiful Neutrals Iray Lighting   I did do postwork and enhanced midtones and contrast, I usually do. But that lighting set is really good about bringing out the glistening specular of the skin to make it look moist, not chalky.

What I like about Thea in addition to her teeth and nails,  are the realistic slight bags under her eyes

Would also like to give a shout out to the shaders for that chair. It's still the chair from Perfect Pinups but has the PixelTizzyFit's PTF Interior Design Shader Kit  applied. It says recent best 3.49 so hopefully you all scooped it up. This shader is under "Fashion" and it's 01 Fabric Rough.

This is 600px tall, you can click to enlarge but it's still only about 900.

DJ Thea 2.png
    635 x 900 - 695K
    Post edited by Novica on
  • memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

Thanks guys. We are finding it weird to adapt. No breaks from the computer to walk him, no need to put food off to the side, and no furry person carefully watching us in the kitchen judging our techniques. 

I just realized how I missed paying attention to Thea, she was released the day Bugsy had his seizure and I was a bit out of it. Your renders show a more normal side of her that I like a lot Novica.

Those shaders are wonderful and I was glad I picked them up in 2020. 

@memcneil70   The small things which become a habit are what become those treasured moments. :) 

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203

Wonderland said:

Nath said:

Novica said:

You mean SilvaAnt3D.