New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

Off topic- JCPenney is having a Black Friday in July and you can get name brand shirts (I love the Ana t shirts, they are thin, lightweight, not see through) St John's Bay, etc- for as low as $5. What is happening is all those ships held up at sea have "come in" and all stores are way overstocked. CNN announced the stores would start dumping Mid July, but really good sales on applicances etc will be Labor Day to shortly after Labor Day. If you're in the US, go check out the Black Friday in July sale for some great t shirts (mens and womens) and even long sleeved are on sale. 

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,279

Were you looking for some pillows?

If so Arah3D has some over at Rosity

Heck yeah!  Macy's is bringing Toys 'R Us back to many of their stores, with over 10,000 sf of toy space!  

Robert Freise said:

Thanks Robert, I did find a good set. anyone looking for pillows-  I picked up Patio Garden, it's perfect! 

Novica said:

Robert Freise said:

Thanks Robert, I did find a good set. anyone looking for pillows-  I picked up Patio Garden, it's perfect! 

yes 

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,777

On sale in the clearance sale today: Translucent Fabric Shader

Well worth picking up at $2.99 if you don't have it already, here's something I did with it a while back (also in my gallery)

That veil's just a dforced plane with the translucency shader applied and some cutout opacity to make it round..

chris-2599934 said:

On sale in the clearance sale today: Translucent Fabric Shader

Well worth picking up at $2.99 if you don't have it already, here's something I did with it a while back (also in my gallery)

That veil's just a dforced plane with the translucency shader applied and some cutout opacity to make it round..

I remember that- quite lovely! 

WOW. If you haven't seen this article and video, please watch it. The statistics are super alarming and you will see how fast the glaciers are melting (in real time.). 

• tsroemitsroemi Posts: 2,389

Novica said:

WOW. If you haven't seen this article and video, please watch it. The statistics are super alarming and you will see how fast the glaciers are melting (in real time.). 

Thanks for spreading information, Novica. Too few people are aware of the severity of the situation still, all around. 

@tsroemi   I try to keep up with the information, but this caused me to say "Oh my God" outloud. Literally. I feel SO bad for the arctic wildlife. It's their world, and that picture of the lone seal sitting on a fragment of ice made me so sad. The rushing waterfall of melted ice, there's no words to even explain the severity of it. There's another article about the Ice Dragon and a man rappels down into a crevice to see it, and I was like, "Good for YOU dude. No way."   (Yes, there is a creature called an Ice Dragon, it has anti-freeze type liquid for blood.)

Here's a good page (government site, not a tabloid) and that chart is an "uh-oh" moment. Scroll down and look at Pedersen Glacier. Or should I say Pedersen Park.

Novica said:

Here's a good page (government site, not a tabloid) and that chart is an "uh-oh" moment. Scroll down and look at Pedersen Glacier. Or should I say Pedersen Park.

I know, about the first thing I checked when we moved close-ish to the baltic sea was the predictions of sea level increase for our new area ... There's some severe retribution from nature coming our way, that's for sure. I hope and pray that we'll see sense as a species before it's too late. Have started helping a climate protection organization recently with their texts (I was trained as a journalist aaaages ago) to be doing something at least, however small. And we've just gotten a really neat solar hot water boiler (is that even the correct term here?), two solar panels that attach directly to the boiler. It's quite amazing what's possible these days.

On a more positive note, how unbelievable was this ice dragon from your other post! It's an insect, right? It's a bit like these creatures living in the deepest sea, where no one ever expected any form of life to exist. There's life just about EVERYWHERE, right? Well, as long as we let it ... (I try to hold on to what the wise math guy in Jurassic Park once said: 'Life finds a way.')

I was expecting something a tad different when I read Ice Dragon LOL. But the sweeping tail on it does give that a bit of resemblence to all the dragons I've met.  wink

Novica said:

I was expecting something a tad different when I read Ice Dragon LOL. But the sweeping tail on it does give that a bit of resemblence to all the dragons I've met.  wink

Me too, I kept squinting at the video going, But where's the dragon, what's that unassuming insect doing there instead ... blush It's something like a scorpion maybe, with the tail? - Just bought Oso's pixie dragon today, by the way, so all dragon-related content is very fitting (https://www.daz3d.com/oso-pixie-dragon-for-daz-dragon-3)! It's just THE cutest.

• barbultbarbult Posts: 23,203
    edited July 2022

The new Trekking Bike and Poses for Genesis 8 is nice. It has a variety of poses for both G8F and G8M and several bike adjustments and materials. I recommend it.

Mabel on new Trekking Bike_002_Camera.jpg
    2000 x 1500 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on

tsroemi said:

Novica said:

I know, about the first thing I checked when we moved close-ish to the baltic sea was the predictions of sea level increase for our new area ... There's some severe retribution from nature coming our way, that's for sure. I hope and pray that we'll see sense as a species before it's too late. Have started helping a climate protection organization recently with their texts (I was trained as a journalist aaaages ago) to be doing something at least, however small. And we've just gotten a really neat solar hot water boiler (is that even the correct term here?), two solar panels that attach directly to the boiler. It's quite amazing what's possible these days.

On a more positive note, how unbelievable was this ice dragon from your other post! It's an insect, right? It's a bit like these creatures living in the deepest sea, where no one ever expected any form of life to exist. There's life just about EVERYWHERE, right? Well, as long as we let it ... (I try to hold on to what the wise math guy in Jurassic Park once said: 'Life finds a way.')

I had solar panels with a backup system installed for my house and they're great if the power goes out everything except the stove, clothes dryer and central air still functions and my electric bill is less than half what it was before  

@barbult  That is a really fine looking bike! And those poses definitely look very natural. Thanks for the review!  @robertfreise We have a neighbor in the neighborhood who has solar panels, covering the entire roof. I'd always wondered about the impact those have on an electric bill. 

Question for you dforce pros-  is there a setting to keep the item (a plane) from moving forward? I try to drop it on a lap on a person on the couch, and it ends up coming down over the extended legs. It never drops straight down. I'm sure there's got to be a setting somewhere. Appreciate the help.

Novica said:

@barbult  That is a really fine looking bike! And those poses definitely look very natural. Thanks for the review!  @robertfreise We have a neighbor in the neighborhood who has solar panels, covering the entire roof. I'd always wondered about the impact those have on an electric bill. 

Question for you dforce pros-  is there a setting to keep the item (a plane) from moving forward? I try to drop it on a lap on a person on the couch, and it ends up coming down over the extended legs. It never drops straight down. I'm sure there's got to be a setting somewhere. Appreciate the help.

Did you start the plane out flat, parallel to the floor, or at an angle? I think flat would work better. Have you tried changing air resistance or gravity settings to see if different values would work better? Don't put the plane up higher than necessary, so it doesn't have to travel too far. Have you tried increasing friction so it "sticks" to the surface it lands on?

edited July 2022

I bought 2021-12 Hair for Genesis 8 and 8.1 today. It has hair for both G8 and G8.1 and both male and female. It is outoftouch (OOT) hair, so it looks good.

This render is on G8.1 morph mix with a G8F skin.

Jada Benita 2021-12 Hair Forest Glade.jpg
    2000 x 2600 - 2M
    Post edited by barbult on
  • GordigGordig Posts: 9,222

Novica said:

You might want to try adding a dForce static surface modifier to the collision items and increasing the friction.

I'll see if I can figure those settings out and tweak. It was a flat plane and situated over the person's lap.

• nonesuch00nonesuch00 Posts: 17,929

Yes, it's sad that global warming is a too-late-now runaway fact. Read about how Kuwait is lately sometime. Stunning and shocking. 

• memcneil70memcneil70 Posts: 3,759

Novica, this is late, but I just found this in my DIM waiting to be downloaded into my MacBookPro, Decorative Pillows by ArtCollab. It has a number of shapes and textures. 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621
    edited July 2022

Jin-ju HD for G8.1F                    LI Incandescent - Portrait Lighting         3-in1 Low Ponytail Hair for G8F       dForce Maho Outfit for G8.1F

I really like the skin of this character.  To me it looks very realistic.  I don't really care to much about the morphs but i thought I would do at least one render with the original morphs/skin.  There is nothing wrong with the morph its just not the type of renders I do, although who's to say that I won't use it in the future.  This is a straight out of the box render.  No adjustments at all.  My only complaint with this is she seems to be a little bit oily with these lights.

Edited:

Jin-juTM07212022.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 2M
    Jin-juTM07212022edited.jpg
    1854 x 3000 - 2M
    Post edited by Daventaki on

I'm a big fan of JinJu, but was fairly disappointed with her accompanying male JunFan. JinJu is a pretty realistic figure with vampire options, while JunFan's promos make it look like he only has a vampire mode.

@Daventaki, I was attracted to Jin-ju for her morphs, then fell in love with her skin. Funny that. She isn't a 'pretty, pretty simpering miss' by any means.

@Gordig, Jun-fan has two skin material, and a Human and a Warlock Head to apply. 

Actually in the descriptions in the what's included, both characters are referred to as Warlocks, with Human selves. I am not sure why they went with a 'Vampire' theme on the sales page. 

Both of the characters and the contents of the bundle seemed to be a fun twist on the fantasy/horror genre.

edited July 2022

Only problem with that description is that warlock is for a male who practices witchcraft where as the female is a witch

Post edited by Robert Freise on

memcneil70 said:

@Gordig, Jun-fan has two skin material, and a Human and a Warlock Head to apply. 

Yes, but all the promos show the morph as exceptionally - dare I say superhumanly - veiny and with almost Liefeldian musculature. JunJi is a realistic human character that can be made into a vampire, where JunFan looks like a vampire character that can be made slightly more human.

Well, I haven't had a chance to bring either out to play with. Nor the characters from the new Western bundle today. I have been busy getting my home ready for after my surgery, when I will not be able to bend, lift or do housework for three weeks. 

But, both bundles this week broke my freeze on buying characters, all grabbed my attention and interest in a way that I have not felt for a long time. I think all the creators did a great job.

memcneil70 said:

Novica, this is late, but I just found this in my DIM waiting to be downloaded into my MacBookPro, Decorative Pillows by ArtCollab. It has a number of shapes and textures. 

Thanks Mary :)   I needed to have a smooth surface, aka one material zone, so I had skipped those.
    Thought about you earlier today, hope your days are somewhat less painful. I know you think of Bugsy often and we are thinking of you.