New! Novica & Forum Members Tips & Product Reviews Pt 14

Comments

• NovicaNovica Posts: 23,859

@richardandtracy  OH THAT IS SO COOL!!!!! Happy Anniversary to you and Tracy too!!!  heart

• Thankee Kindly. Honestly what's the probability of that happening? Very low I'd have thought. 

Regards,

Richard

edited April 2021

A suggestion for an item in the sales right now - (and yes, you have to have four to get the 70%.) Is the Open Apartment Bundle.  I got it to possibly use as a business facility. It would make a good waiting room area, and that table makes sense as a conference table (see promos, there's more than one table. I am referencing the long rectangular dining table.)  The wallpaper on the kitchen wall with the coffee could be industrial (aka it's not overly cutesy) but personally I will hide that wine bottle rack in the kitchen. You'd have to be a serious drinker to have those there in the main kitchen area. 

Also, that hallway seems good for industrial use, like going to individual patient rooms. First promo thumbnail, second row. Hide that greenery- looks like seaweed / limp kelp to me!

That front door is really wide and looks like you are entering an industrial building. So anyway, commercial use of the set seems reasonable. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • gitika1gitika1 Posts: 948

Novica said:

A suggestion for an item in the sales right now - (and yes, you have to have four to get the 70%.) Is the Open Apartment Bundle.  I got it to possibly use as a business facility. It would make a good waiting room area, and that table makes sense as a conference table (see promos, there's more than one table. I am referencing the long rectangular dining table.)  The wallpaper on the kitchen wall with the coffee could be industrial (aka it's not overly cutesy) but personally I will hide that wine bottle rack in the kitchen. You'd have to be a serious drinker to have those there in the main kitchen area. 

Also, that hallway seems good for industrial use, like going to individual patient rooms. First promo thumbnail, second row. Hide that greenery- looks like seaweed / limp kelp to me!

That front door is really wide and looks like you are entering an industrial building. So anyway, commercial use of the set seems reasonable. 

I saw the banner when I woke up, but told myself to check it out after I got to work; didn't see that it had an ending time.  Saved me $.  smiley

• Robert FreiseRobert Freise Posts: 4,269

Novica said:

Yeah it does look more like a place for a corporate luncheon/meeting/party setting than an apartment especially since there are no bathroom facilities

gitika1 said:

I saw the banner when I woke up, but told myself to check it out after I got to work; didn't see that it had an ending time.  Saved me $.  smiley

I hear ya. I had to go to the Commons sales thread to see what the end DATE was because the SHOP NOW blue button covered up the day. I didn't know if it was today the 14th or the 15th but since it said 6am I figured it was today. Found out too late it could have been MORE than 4 items, I had already checked out and didn't have time to go back. So I guess I saved money too.  

edited April 2021

@robertfriese   I wondered if that bottom left was an empty space for a bathroom. Doesn't look like anything is in that room!  Look at the fourth row, first thumbnail. 

Post edited by Novica on
  • chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited April 2021

Novica said:

If anybody tries drinking that wine and needs to go to the bathroom, they're in trouble because there isn't one! I see what you mean about it looking more like a commercial facility than a domestic one - not even the Waltons need that many chairs around the dining table. Nice looking set though for all that.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
    edited April 2021

Oh my heavens. I hope it's just ME- but I loaded up the set and I am not finding a set preload FOR ALL THOSE PROPS!!!  They all load World Center, which is in the middle of that hallway!!!!

Anyone else own this who can check it? Wow, just wow, if you have to populate the scene by dragging things into place. 

“Environments:Architecture:Tesla3dCorp:Tesla3dcorp Open Apartment:Zero Props”    is the only reference to the props, and I don't see a preload. It's just individual props.  I am disgusted by the lack of a real front door, that's just lazy modeling. And I was trying to find out if that area was indeed a bathroom, but there's no bathroom props. Then I looked and it is indeed glass walls, so no go. What is that room then????

LOL DEFINITELY not a bathroom!

Open Apt.jpg
    693 x 683 - 180K
    open apt bathroom.jpg
    722 x 728 - 214K
    Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2021

I did an Iray preview in studio and that is a  continuation of the long counter on the left, with two shelves. The room has a window above the shelves, so it would be well lit. Why have a room which is all glass walls?

Post edited by Novica on
  • HylasHylas Posts: 4,780

Robert Freise said:

Yeah it does look more like a place for a corporate luncheon/meeting/party setting than an apartment especially since there are no bathroom facilities

Oh, you complained about toilets without seats? No toilets, how do you like it now, huh?

More than anything, I think it's those huge, waiting room style sofas (upper half of the main promo) that make the space look so... un-residential.

• chris-2599934chris-2599934 Posts: 1,775
    edited April 2021

I think the glass walled area is supposed to be a wine cellar. Here's something a little bit like it in real life:

https://www.bluegrousewinecellars.com/modern-design-html/wine-cellar-racks-vancouver.html

I suspect that having windows (i.e. windows facing the outdoors like the Daz one does) in a wine cellar is a bad idea - it would certainly make it more difficult to maintain a constant temperature.

Post edited by chris-2599934 on
    edited April 2021

chris-2599934 said:

I think the glass walled area is supposed to be a wine cellar. Here's something a little bit like it in real life:

https://www.bluegrousewinecellars.com/modern-design-html/wine-cellar-racks-vancouver.html

I suspect that having windows (i.e. windows facing the outdoors like the Daz one does) in a wine cellar is a bad idea - it would certainly make it more difficult to maintain a constant temperature.

Omgosh you're right- looking at the promos the wine rack IS in that room. I thought it was in the kitchen as I didn't look close enough. Eurika! How on earth did you manage to find that wine room page? It's almost identical to the one in the product. KUDOS!!!!   (Promo is third row, second image.)

Anyone else check to see if there is a preload for all these props?

Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

chris-2599934 said:

Omgosh you're right- looking at the promos the wine rack IS in that room. I thought it was in the kitchen as I didn't look close enough. Eurika! How on earth did you manage to find that wine room page? It's almost identical to the one in the product. KUDOS!!!!   (Promo is third row, second image.)

I haven't but then my 3d computer started having a Micrsoft moment yesterday and I still hven't exterminated er got it fixed yet 

• DaventakiDaventaki Posts: 1,621

Novica said:

chris-2599934 said:

I only purchased the props so the only place I found them was  Environments/Architecture/Tesla3DCorp/Tesla3dcorp Open Apartment/Zero Props

• vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Well, this is weird. I actually bought the Open Apartment Bundle, and it's listed in my product library, but somehow didn't install. So I went to DIM, but it isn't shown as either ready to download or installed, which explains why it's not installed. So I went to my product library, and it's there, but trying to get to it gives an eternal swirlie.

So now I get to file a ticket. That should be fun.

edited April 2021

vwrangler said:

Well, this is weird. I actually bought the Open Apartment Bundle, and it's listed in my product library, but somehow didn't install. So I went to DIM, but it isn't shown as either ready to download or installed, which explains why it's not installed. So I went to my product library, and it's there, but trying to get to it gives an eternal swirlie.

So now I get to file a ticket. That should be fun.

That is weird. Both items in the bundle were listed in my DIM. surprise   When you do get them installed,  would appreciate you seeing if I am just overlooking a total preload of the props. It just doesn't make sense for a set that large to not have a preload for props to populate it.  

Post edited by Novica on
  • Mark_e593e0a5Mark_e593e0a5 Posts: 1,569

Judging from the file lists of both products, there is no preload included. As they had to do the promo renders, I cannot understand why they did not include the scene sets. TeslaCorp quality crying

Well, let's move on to things which ARE quality :)  I've spent the morning (since 4am, so five hours) putzing and rendering and taking notes to do a detailed explanation and few tips for you. Will take a bit to do the writeup, but pop on back to see Faerwyn, Hua Short Hair, and Candy Dress. I'll also discuss combining lightsets (mostly for newbies, but sometimes I forget about it too.)  It will take at least half an hour but I'll be back.

edited April 2021

Faerwyn for Angharad 8        Hua Character and Hair  (G8F)        dForce Paula Candy Outfit (G8)

Notes on Faerwyn: love the freckles all over the body, and I think they look realistic. The vendor offers different colored brows, and you can see in the eye closeup, I think it's an AMAZING job of realism. Look at the tiny hairs which aren't perfect!  So this brow gets a rare A+ from me. 

I reduced her huge bust. It was ridiculous with her teeny, tiny waist. 

Her lips are default, they do need some moisture.  I think she looks a lot different than the main promo. I was surprised when I saw her. 
    Edit- See this post because even though Daz knows about, Zilpha gets dialed in with Genesis 8 characters and they have not fixed it. So this has Zilpha. 

Eyelashes:  Do NOT get a high grade. Not only do they not go to the inside corner of the eye, they don't go to the outer end, either. Disappointing. Again, you can postwork a line (like eyeliner.)  Not sure what was going on with the light rim around the iris of the eye, if it is the lighting or if it needs a map adjustment. (I haven't messed with eyes.)  It is easy to postwork out. See before and after renders. 

Here's the original. 

Hua Short Hair:  Has a lot of morphs so you can really adjust it. There is NOT a volume for the top of the hair, so just go to Expand All and do about -25. Also, it does not have a dark brown, so I went in to Surfaces and darken it there. I really like Hua as you can bring the sides in or out, and really move the bangs to where you want them. 

Paula Candy Dress:   A lot of material options. Does not tile well at all. I tried to increase the tiling and it was a no-go. So I think you're stuck with those large patterns. For the jewelry I did upper -28.3 and lower 15.2% to get it more embedded.  They are all one piece, not separate, which was a bit disappointing. 

This dress dForces very well. Just the basic setting and you're all set. 

TIP: To get the booty firmly on a seat when the legs are bent, use ROTATE X to put her back a bit toward the back of the stool/ seat. The legs can easily bend to rest on the stool rung below.  Using Rotate X is also good for preventing the thighs embedding too much in the seat/stool. It allows more of an angle before they come down, and look quite natural, don't you think?

TIP: About the lighting: Ever want to combine light sets? When you click on the product, hold down CTRL and you'll see the default is Replace. In the dropdown, select Add. Voila! 
    This lighting is Fantastic Lights (used 03), ElianeCK Face And Body, and her Lights Package 2. 

Fantastic Lights has a great curved background, a pedestal, and a pedestal that looked like a daisy LOL. 
    And on that background, I used something called Iray Hardstone Shaders. The one used is Hardstone Gem 10. When I type hardstone in the studio search, I get a product. In DIM, I don't. In store search, I don't. So can't link to it.  angry

TIP: Use Gobos light products to make fun backgrounds.  For example, IDG Iray Gel Lights and Gobos.    I don't have time to render any at the moment, but they make really pretty backgrounds. 

Other products- P3D Soft Expressions (love 'em!)  and New Guy's Build Your Own Sitting Poses. However, it's the one with a stool and that is not showing in the store. This one has a bench.  When I do the Only Show Owned, it doesn't show up. Or uncheck Hide What I Own. 

Faerwyn Hua Hair Candy Outfit.png
    600 x 900 - 1M
    Faerwyn Hua Hair Candy Outfit 2.png
    466 x 898 - 722K
    Faerwyn Eyes2.jpg
    900 x 900 - 691K
    Faerwyn Eyes.png
    900 x 900 - 2M
    Post edited by Novica on
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,740

Faerwyn does look very different from the promos. Are you sure Zilpha isn’t loading with it? Zilpha still loads with EVERY G8 model for me. I sent in a ticket ages ago, they are aware of it but still haven’t fixed it. Check under currently used to see if Zilpha or anything else is loading with it. 

edited April 2021

Wonderland said:

Faerwyn does look very different from the promos. Are you sure Zilpha isn’t loading with it? Zilpha still loads with EVERY G8 model for me. I sent in a ticket ages ago, they are aware of it but still haven’t fixed it. Check under currently used to see if Zilpha or anything else is loading with it. 

YES SHE IS!!!!!   100 PERCENT!    Has there been anything posted about this over in Commons? If not, everyone needs to know about it. THIS IS INEXCUSABLE. I don't need to be doing renders going for hours to have them ruined by someone's morph that isn't supposed to be loading!  

Post edited by Novica on
    edited April 2021

Faerwyn for Angharad 8        Hua Character and Hair  (G8F)        dForce Paula Candy Outfit (G8)

This is Faerwyn as she should be!!!!  No Zilpha dialed in. 

Faerwyn Hua Hair Without Zilpha.png
    599 x 828 - 917K
    Post edited by Novica on

Novica said:

Wonderland said:

YES SHE IS!!!!!   100 PERCENT!    Has there been anything posted about this over in Commons? If not, everyone needs to know about it. THIS IS INEXCUSABLE. I don't need to be doing renders going for hours to have them ruined by someone's morph that isn't supposed to be loading!  

When I load G8 every morph that I have installed loads and that's a lot of morphs, think fix coffee, something to eat drink coffee and eat then see if figure has finished loading.

They all load at 0% except for the ones that are supposed to be set for a specific character

@robertfriese    But do you have Zilpha installed?  

Novica said:

@robertfriese    But do you have Zilpha installed?  

No I don't have her

I wish Daz would make it where every morph you own doesn't load automaticaly It's a real pita trying to find a specific morph sometimes as all morphs aren't created equally and really who needs a couple hundred morphs named right eye up or whatever 

• Serene NightSerene Night Posts: 17,560
    edited April 2021

The morphing thing is a big problem. I recently found a morph that had been loading for years but was not visibly dialing in. I discovered it when nI bought the Ultimate Zero product. It told me when DAZ studio would not, that I had a full figure dialing in every time with one character.

Post edited by Serene Night on
  • vwranglervwrangler Posts: 4,813

Serene Night said:

The morphing thing is a big problem. I recently found a morph that had been loading for years but was not visibly dialing in. I discovered it when nI bought the Ultimate Zero product. It told me when DAZ studio would not, that I had a full figure dialing in every time with one character.

Which morph was that?

• ChoholeChohole Posts: 33,604
    edited April 2021

Novica said:

Wonderland said:

yes   I seem to remember in several threads as well - but the most obvious one was headed   Zilpha invades Daz   so couldn't be easily missed

Post edited by Chohole on
    edited April 2021

Chohole said:

Novica said:

yes   I seem to remember in several threads as well - but the most obvious one was headed   Zilpha invades Daz   so couldn't be easily missed

If I saw that title, I would assume it was a promotion for a character. That title is misleading. I don't always surf the commons, if that's where it was, so thanks for pointing that out.  Edit- Oh, Nuts and Bolts forum. I never surf there. This needs to be posted in the Commons so everyone knows it's been SINCE NOVEMBER 2019 

And no excuse why DAZ HAS NOT FIXED THE ISSUE.  

Post edited by Novica on