Umbra Outfit for Genesis 8 & 8.1 Females [Commercial]

Comments

• JVRendererJVRenderer Posts: 661
    edited September 2021

Your Mystique and this lingerie line are definately up my alley. This new set looks great and I can't wait to snapping it up.  Of course I've snapped up most of your dinosaurs. Your earlier clothing lack the flexibility of customizing. They  had very little material zones to play with, but I see that you've up your game and added many zones in your newer products.

Keep up the good work!

JV

Post edited by JVRenderer on
  • If Umbra performs well in the store I will develop those expansions for it. PASS is just moving a little slow right now and I anticipated to already be seeing those numbers by now now. I expect Umbra to do well but Sayble under-performed from what I anticipated so I am a bit worried. I'm hoping that is just becuase it was a female character and they are just not selling well at the moment.

While we're waiting I returned to work on what I'm considering my most ambitious project yet and long overdue. Sayble and the Umbra outfit products where suppose to 'fund' the time needed to develop these products but where there is a will, there is a way. What I'm calling project "Spacelord" consists of 8+ products that will be divided up into two bundles focused around a space marine/ranger (M & F) and space bug. All products from this project will release together into 2 seperate bundles. The Space Marine bundle will be at $100 (5+ products) while the Space Bug bundle is will be at $50 (3+ products). I'm not sure how long this product will take me but at least 6 weeks. Here is first look at Project Spacelord after a few days of getting after it and things are still being concepted together so don't expect to much. 

• ThyranqThyranq Posts: 584

Gosh I wonder what could've inspired that set? hmm... :D

So, what I'm hearing is that I'll need to put MORE money aside to buy MORE of your stuff :)

• Glad to hear you're working on sci-fi armor again smiley

• SigurdSigurd Posts: 1,084

Looks great! I will buy any Sci-Fi Military stuff you put out.

Sigurd said:

Looks great! I will buy any Sci-Fi Military stuff you put out.

I will buy any Sci-Fi Military stuff you put out. lol

• XenomorphineXenomorphine Posts: 2,421

Was that the same exoskeletal set you were working on for the Atlas set?

Hoping the creature includes those cocoons you were initially planning for the Ravager expansion!

• A little off-topic, but when do you plan to release your sci-fi equipment?

• Xenomorphine said:

Was that the same exoskeletal set you were working on for the Atlas set?

Hoping the creature includes those cocoons you were initially planning for the Ravager expansion!

This is all new stuff and won't require any previous products.

• wizard1200 said:

A little off-topic, but when do you plan to release your sci-fi equipment?

Are you referring to the sci-fi items mentioned above or something else? The stuff mentioned above will take about 6 weeks or so before having an idea of when they will be hitting the store.

• ryu44ryu44 Posts: 4

It's out !!!

• Hi, So I just bought this set, but I cannot get the alternate materials to load at all, I just get "an error occured while reading the file, see the log for more details" I've selected each piece of clothing manually, I've un-installed and re-installed the pack, and I've even checked for any documatations on if there is a specific method for loading materials and I can't find anything. Is there something I'm missing here?

I've never had this issue with any of your other products I've bought so I'm jusy wondering if there is something I was supposed to do before loading, thanks.

• Golem6151 said:

Hi, So I just bought this set, but I cannot get the alternate materials to load at all, I just get "an error occured while reading the file, see the log for more details" I've selected each piece of clothing manually, I've un-installed and re-installed the pack, and I've even checked for any documatations on if there is a specific method for loading materials and I can't find anything. Is there something I'm missing here?

I've never had this issue with any of your other products I've bought so I'm jusy wondering if there is something I was supposed to do before loading, thanks.

Which figure is wearing it? Are the clothing items loading parented to the figure?

• kanfrekanfre Posts: 24
    edited October 2021

Greetings,

I really like this outfit, and look forward to future extensions.

Same issues here, though, it's supposed to be G8 and G8.1 compatible but it seems that the materials (and morphs) are working only if the figure is G8.1.

Post edited by kanfre on
  • Same issues here as well. Not working with G8F at all, only with G8.1. Too bad I only work with G8F. A fix would be appreciated

• Golem6151Golem6151 Posts: 2
    edited October 2021

Richard Haseltine said:

Golem6151 said:

Hi, So I just bought this set, but I cannot get the alternate materials to load at all, I just get "an error occured while reading the file, see the log for more details" I've selected each piece of clothing manually, I've un-installed and re-installed the pack, and I've even checked for any documatations on if there is a specific method for loading materials and I can't find anything. Is there something I'm missing here?

Which figure is wearing it? Are the clothing items loading parented to the figure?

It's a Genesis 8 figure and as for parenting, I belive so, I just load the outfit in by selecting the figure and it I had no issues with the basic outfit, just when applying the material. 

Post edited by Golem6151 on
  • Golem6151 said:

Richard Haseltine said:

Golem6151 said:

It's a Genesis 8 figure and as for parenting, I belive so, I just load the outfit in by selecting the figure and it I had no issues with the basic outfit, just when applying the material. 

From the previousd posts it sounds as if the Genesis 8 compatibility may be broken. As a workaround you can parent the items to Genesis 8.1 Female (you don't need to fit them) and apply the presets with that figure selected.

• DripDrip Posts: 1,142

Well, this definitely went into the shopping cart immediately! I really hope it sells well, as I'm definietly interested in all those add-ons.
    On the off-chance that one of the add-ons involves a garter belt, I hope it comes with options for both over and beneath the underwear bottoms. The latter is pretty rare on any of the well known sites selling clothes for Daz, so I'm sure there are many people who'd appreciate it.

• I appreciate all the support!

As for the materials issue, the materials load on G8.1F but error occurs on G8F. This has already been fixed and Daz is already working on getting the update for this outfit out. Hopefully the update will be available soon!

• Herschel Hoffmeyer said:

I appreciate all the support!

As for the materials issue, the materials load on G8.1F but error occurs on G8F. This has already been fixed and Daz is already working on getting the update for this outfit out. Hopefully the update will be available soon!

Thank you!

I'm using G8.1F, everything works fine for me except the morphs on the corset. Had my figure in a sitting pose, and a lot of the front of the corset was inside her stomach, but neither of the morphs moved anything at all.

Aeesome set, though! Got a render going now that I'll share once it's done - no corset though lol 

• Herschel HoffmeyerHerschel Hoffmeyer Posts: 587
    edited October 2021

Thyranq said:

I'm using G8.1F, everything works fine for me except the morphs on the corset. Had my figure in a sitting pose, and a lot of the front of the corset was inside her stomach, but neither of the morphs moved anything at all.

Aeesome set, though! Got a render going now that I'll share once it's done - no corset though lol 

Yeap I verified this on my end as well. Somehow all the morphs for the corset lost their data somehow. I'll get a fix for this submitted today!

Edit: Also all the Joint Corrective Morphs were lost as well which explains why it's not fitting correctly when posed. Ughhh... I built this thing from the ground up on the 8.1 figure and had to manually build it back to the standard 8 because I didn't know they weren't backward compatible. It has caused a LOT of headaches and some data getting lost. The material error was because of this reason as well. Hard lesson learned here.

Post edited by Herschel Hoffmeyer on
  • I have all morphs behaving properly for the corset now and the fix was submitted to daz.

• Thank you so much for another excellent product--and for such quick fixes, too! This set is utterly fantastic, and I can't wait for the samurai expansion. Just saw the Space Marine and Space Bug WIPs, too... WOW! More insta-buys!

Thanks for quickly addressing these issues. I wasn't worried, I knew you'd take care of it. Thanks again!

Also, render is finished. 

Not a big fan of how the lighting turned out, so excuse that...looked pretty decent in iray preview, but it's really flat in the final. Hate it when that happens. Great set, though!

RominaUmbra.png
    1000 x 1500 - 2M
  • WonderlandWonderland Posts: 6,742
    edited October 2021

I love that you bring sexy back to the store! Sorry, but I have no interest in those military things though. I have all your sexier outfits and am getting Umbra today. As someone else mentioned, I’d like to see more creative lingerie that someone would wear in real life like this and Mystque. It’s easy to create sci-fi looks with shaders and there’s a lot of sci-fi in the store but not much creative lingerie. And a big thank you for showing all the material zones in the promos! 

Personally, I’d like to see these kind of outfits. So far there are none in the store.

DA530EEF-E7F5-46EE-A4D1-248D91B28D11.jpeg
    749 x 999 - 129K
    A323D700-C149-4DD5-8831-BFCD5D03EA88.jpeg
    205 x 246 - 16K
    C8CCA9EE-E62F-4F19-A506-471A91E1E901.jpeg
    197 x 256 - 19K
    Post edited by Wonderland on
  • Wonderland said:

Personally, I’d like to see these kind of outfits. So far there are none in the store.

That is certainly a possibility and on my radar!

• Gorgeous outfit sir!  I buy all of your clothing as it is always fantastic quality!  The samurai preview looks amazing as well!  I'm looking forward to the planned expansions!  I'm happy to hear you're aware of the corset issue and its been fixed. The work that goes into making these conformers gets pretty deep.  I can see where an unexpected issue could crop up.  Best of luck on your sales!

• N3p3nth3N3p3nth3 Posts: 129

So if I read the situation right from the way the outfit is behaving on my G8, the material issue has been fixed but the morphs not yet? :)